#34: So, how about that Clay Aiken?

Ansamcw

Thread Title  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• You mean, it?s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?
    • But I swear I tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • Tulibu dibu douchou
    • Until he starts singing with it though, it's a non-issue for me.
    • I guess I'll stay a Clay fan as imperfect as he is just because I'm imperfect too and he sings so good.
    • IF IF IF IF IF
    • IF IF IF IF IF uh
    • Clay is not just marching to a different drummer, he has a whole new fabulous marching band!
    • I'd still be a fan of anything else he may sprinkle his magic on.

Well of course it's ok to hate Jaymes cuz if it weren't for her Clay would be on tour right now doncha know. IIU and now that we know why he just had to have it out by May ..the reason ain't good enough. I can't remember more than a few instances of their public interaction -- I didn't realize she was Fran reincarnated instead this time she got the naive man rather than just his company. I personally never noticed the drool running down her chin. I do hope we get a yes or no answer and that's it. The rest is not our business...as nosy as I am.

I I U ...sooooo how many more months of I I U - LOL

OK, I know what I I T is but what is I I U? :cryingwlaughter: And me thinks that maybe you've ventured out beyond these walls, as you seem to have picked up the gist of things quite nicely. ;)

ETA: BWAH! I was only the third person to ask.....

For those on Windows though:

Start --> Settings --> Control panel --> Sounds. Then, click on the sounds tab, and look in the list to find the "event" you want the sound associated with (such as "windows shutdown"). If there is a sound associated with it, it will have a little speaker next to it. After you select the event, then you can browse to your sound files and find the file you want to attach.

Techies stronger than I -- am I close to right?

Can someone rip the "who's your baby daddy?" for me though? Just as that clip? Pweeze?

I can, but not until tonight or tomorrow. Got some running around to do tonight...about 250 km of it, but it will result in a Broadway Cares DVD so I am happy! :) Oh, and I think your explanation is pretty good, as far as I can remember. It's been a while. I also have "all done darlin'....all finished" as my shut down sound right now.

I just attempted to pull weeds. It is 90 outside, I lasted abour 30 minutes and had to come in. It is suppose to be like this tomorrow and I am suppose to bike ride 40-50 miles. I may have to rethink that. I will be working the registration first so I may just change my mind when it is mine time to start.

Oh God, that is my chore this weekend, too, to pull weeds and cut grass. We are expecting temps up to 38 C with the humidity factored in. Hopefully I'll have some help from the kids, but the house is starting to disappear in a sea of green. Wasn't it FromClaygary who insinuated that those plants that grow wild outside my house might be weeds? Hee, I think she was right.

I can't believe I've turned my A/C on already. Heck, I'm pretty sure I just turned my furnace off 2 weeks ago!

Love those George Carlin quotes!

I asked Clay a question at the OFC...I asked him why he always wears stripes...always wanted to know.

Kim

Thanks FearofH2O. I really needed that laugh and yes one of the lines that I really enjoyed is

What's next, competitive farting? Oh wait, they're already doing that. It's called 'The Howard Stern Show'.

luckiest1 OMG

We are expecting temps up to 38 C with the humidity factored in.
38 C yikes that's 100F...When the temp gets that high I still need to convert to Farenheit....I hope it cools down this evening. Not weed pulling weather.

Okay - I know IIF = If It's True

But what the heck is IIU ???

:)

"if if um...if if um..."

As in the clueless guard that Clay played in Spamalot....

That couchie, always trying to cut down on typing...and adding one more abbreviation to our lexicon...

It's duckyv's fault..she started it!!

so was it if if uh or if if um.... cuz either way it works. I loved that scene.

All these hook-ups... :cryingwlaughter: I think I'm with djsfan (since I'm not sure I spelled that right, probably won't be with her long), but I'm not totally sure and since this is going to be a polygamist spa,.... 00lsee... you busy???? :cryingwlaughter:

blueeyes.gif

*Waggles fingertips*

00lsee... Does that mean yes???? Goody, goody!!! I love mimosas... for when we get to that spa.

Hey Lotus, this is for you. Sorry if its a little politically incorrect.

GEORGE CARLIN'S NEW RULES FOR 2008

New Rule: Competitive eating isn't a sport. It's one of the seven deadly sins. ESPN recently televised the U.S. Open of Competitive Eating, because watching those athletes at the poker table was just too damned exciting. What's next, competitive farting? Oh wait, they're already doing that. It's called 'The Howard Stern Show'.

Fear... as with so many others, this is my favorite! I liked several, but this one rocks! Thanks.

Can someone with a good memory for clack tell me something? I'm looking for the clip from the JNT 2006 when Clay talks about the rumor of him having a kid, but the life of me, I can't remember what city it's from.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Thanks for the Carlin list...gave me a good laugh.

Couchie...are you getting ready to leave for you weekend....have a good time!!

with you and Iseeme away...maybe we get our much awaited blog...heh

ldyJ...check the FCA concert pages...we usually have some summary of what was talked about ...

FCA JNT2006 concert pages click on the cities on the side menu for the concert pages.

Oh shit!

Last night I knew IIU was If If Um . . .

My brain is mush!

I can't remember when Clay started the FBM shtick, but it was during all the King of Controversy bits - Krippa and all that.

Was it Charlotte?

No - I somehow think it was ealier than that.

But - like I said -

my brain is mush! :cryingwlaughter:

I thought the "Ask Clay a question" thread started after he came in chat and the chatroom went crazy with a gazillion visitors and trying to keep up was like trying to grab a ride on a runaway train.

A place for questions for the next time he did a chat.

heh

I think once was enough for him!

It's near 90º here, but the heat index is high 90's.

Humid and hot. I have to go out in a bit - haircut.

I'd much rather hide out here in my AC! ack!

FromClaygary, thanks for bringing over my post about pregnancy at age 50. I had been amazed at the many posters who just couldn't seem to understand why the fans had not been apprised of the situation, complete with details, in advance, nor why anyone was not stepping forward to fill us in now.

Maybe because it took me nearly 4 years to conceive (with some medical assistance), or maybe it's because I started bleeding at 24 weeks and remember the terror I went through at that time, or maybe it's because a friend who was pregnant at the same time I was lost her baby at nearly 8 months, or maybe it's because 2 co-workers over 40 both lost their pregnancies THIS year at 3 months and nearly 7 months respectively, but whatever the cause, I NEVER take the outcome of any pregnancy for granted. I can MORE than understand why no statement of any kind to anyone may not occur until after that much-wanted baby arrives safe and sound!!

I had a very strong reaction to the news that Vin Diesel just became a Dad and was able to make the announcement himself. All as it should be.

Does anyone remember that back in early 2006 there were RAMPANT rumors that Vin Diesel was gay? Lots of snickering that all the "Fast & Furious" uber-action roles and use of black leather was just a cover. This story was EVERYWHERE. He did, actually get mad about the rumors, and stated that he was NOT gay, and just preferred to keep his private life private. What a concept. He said that he tended to date in Europe where he could be less noticed. He said he didn't want to date a celebrity in Hollywood and be subject to that kind of scrutiny.

So now he announces the birth of his baby. And it's reported. No sniggering. No snickering. No speculation about conception methods. He has a new baby. Congratulations to all. That's it.

But then, he's not Clay Aiken.

I wish I could be a transplanted Houstonian this weekend for the grand eHP get-together. liney23 and I did have another fantabulous time this week having dinner together and gushing over all things Clay.

But we didn't have Cheez Doodles.

No Clay references, but here's an interesting article from the LA Times on the media attention surrounding celebrity

Celebrities and their baby business

Interesting excerpts:

Ashlee's Simpson's fiancee on why he first denied rumors that she was pregnant:

"Being a boy I have no idea how to respond to such things and my first instinct was to protect her and the baby," said Wentz, bassist for rock band Fall Out Boy. "It's insane that you can't let happy news brew in Hollywood. This wasn't about press or anything. ... I apologize to anyone who felt misinformed but the truth is, the person and growing baby is who I felt most loyal to protect and defend."

On the role of a publicist:

But when a star finds out she's pregnant, how much talking should their representatives do?

Public relations representative Ken Sunshine says "way too many" in his profession mishandle private matters (such as pregnancy) by not acting in their clients' interest.

"Where I think the outrage comes is when they sell out their client, and either the clients are not aware or too stupid to realize what's happening, and that is outrageous," particularly when there's a child involved, said Sunshine, whose clients include John Mayer and Leonardo DiCaprio.

Sunshine said there are lines to be drawn -- especially in today's celeb-crazed climate.

If somebody "wants to maintain some anonymity or some privacy of extremely personal things like this, they should be able to do it," he said.

FromClaygary, thanks for bringing over my post about pregnancy at age 50. I had been amazed at the many posters who just couldn't seem to understand why the fans had not been apprised of the situation, complete with details, in advance, nor why anyone was not stepping forward to fill us in now.

Maybe because it took me nearly 4 years to conceive (with some medical assistance), or maybe it's because I started bleeding at 24 weeks and remember the terror I went through at that time, or maybe it's because a friend who was pregnant at the same time I was lost her baby at nearly 8 months, or maybe it's because 2 co-workers over 40 both lost their pregnancies THIS year at 3 months and nearly 7 months respectively, but whatever the cause, I NEVER take the outcome of any pregnancy for granted. I can MORE than understand why no statement of any kind to anyone may not occur until after that much-wanted baby arrives safe and sound!!

...and I DO apologize for not asking in advance! I should have!...but I was very impressed with the information, and thought it was important that it be seen as well.

I also did not realize that these pregnancies can still be lost at 7/8 months! I thought that by this six month, Jaymes was pretty safe. Apparently not! MUCH-wanted baby, indeed....and I will definitely redouble my prayer efforts on Jaymes' and Clay's behalf. I SO, so hope that this comes out well for them (all three of them).

I'm so glad someone explained the IIU. I couldn't figure it out. And I was at that Baltimore show and loved every minute of it, including the music teacher whose voice could be heard all the way from the balcony and Clay picked on her about it.

I have no idea what the temp is here other than its hot, which is not good for someone going thru peri-menopause. I'd love a nice cold iceburg right about now.

Went out again and tried to weed some more, at least I made a dent. Now the thunder storms are beating down on us, so most likely will have to shut down in a while.

Because I work in a Pediatric Intensive Care and Neonatal Intensive Care I see the little ones who have been born early. It really breaks your heart when parents have been through IVF and have so much hope and their little one is born so early. Sometimes a good outcome, sometimes not. I remember a family who went through IVF and their little guy died after about three months, they did not know if they would even try it again. Not only was it extremely emotional but very costly and did not know if they could handle it. I just hope that this pregnancy goes close to full term and that the baby is healthy, and this wish is with the thought that this be so even if it is not Clay's.

My car registered 100 degrees but the bank clock said 102 this afternoon as I was coming back from the grocery store. My husband needed help outside with the shed he is building. I got soaking wet just holding up the darn walls.

I'm feeling bad that I wished away the rain. :cry4:

Okay - I know IIF = If It's True

But what the heck is IIU ???

:)

"if if um...if if um..."

As in the clueless guard that Clay played in Spamalot....

That couchie, always trying to cut down on typing...and adding one more abbreviation to our lexicon...

It's duckyv's fault..she started it!!

so was it if if uh or if if um.... cuz either way it works. I loved that scene.

:cryingwlaughter:

I love it, couchie! I wonder how many permutations of that line we can find useful? I don't think he delivered it the same way every night. And, weren't there 2 in sequence? I love that scene!

IIIU....IIU

I meant to post this yesterday, but I got sidetracked by the damn LEGO Indiana Jones game I bought for my Wii. Damn thing is addicting.

I have no idea what you meant with that comment. I was merely saying I believed what he said. Of course people change with time and maybe he did learn to love avocados but it was just a silly example.....sheesh! My point was I've always believed him when he said he wanted a family and children. HIS idea of what that meant isn't necessarily what MY idea is of what that meant.......so I don't feel he was misrepresenting himself. I might have been projecting.

Heee....I don't think it happens here, but on other boards there really are people who believe that since Clay joked about not liking avocados:

<snip>

If he is seen eating avocado:

He is a liar

He prolly lied about OTHER STUFF TOO

He has betrayed his fans, who have given up avocados in a show of support

Some of us just get an uncontrollable tic when we hear how Clay hates something :-O

(edited because my sense of irony does not reside in a bone in my arm)

Bwah!! Yes, yes, this is so, so true. So true it’s scary. Your whole list is true, but I snipped for space.

I think the boards changed when some of the mods started supporting the right to freedom of speech and your opinion over common courtesy and respect! That is entirely my opinion, of course. Like someone said earlier, it was okay to say just about anything about Clay, his decisions, his family, his hair, his beloved bodyguard, etc. but God forbid you should be snotty to someone else or call them out on anything. My argument was always that I thought I was on a Clay fanboard - an open board where anyone could login and see what his fans were saying about him and that we needed to show him respect more than we need to be nicey nicey to everybody.

I kinda sorta agree with you. I think there are a lot of things that are said about Clay that some people think shouldn’t be said (like when he doesn’t look his best and they say so) that I have no problem saying, yet others would get upset at me saying it. Then there are those that say just awful things about him (FANS) that I just find appalling – things that imply they actually know him when they don’t are one of the hot button issues for me. So, there is a fine line in there – what you might think is disrespectful, someone else might not agree. I mean, really, the man can look bad from time to time. He’s a MAN. That shit just happens.

I do think you have a right to your opinion and the concept of "freedom of speech" is certainly important - but you can have all that and still be respectful to one another and especially to Clay. There is a big difference in my mind between "Clay's hair looks like shit - is that fag John still doing it?" and "not too much liking Clay's hair these days but I bet it will change in a few weeks!" Just an example! To me, the former comment is totally unacceptable on an open board and I think some of the asshats that love digging at Clay have used fanboard negative comments in their diatribes.

Well, again I kinda agree with you, depending on which parts of the first example you find bad. Sometimes, Clay’s hair does look like shit. The second part of that example is offensive NO MATTER WHO IT’S SAID ABOUT or where it’s said. Clay or not. Personally, I don’t think criticizing someone’s hair is disrespectful, but I can understand if you’re just using that as an example. These days, that’s so minor compared to other things said about Clay by his fans that it’s not even funny.

I sometimes feel like an oddball in this fandom because I never angst over anything...this news came out and I have to admit I was thrilled to think that maybe it could be true...I just didn't think it was odd at all that Clay would have a relationship with Jaymes or that they would decide to have a baby together. The details didn't and still don't matter to me and never once thought that he had changed or was; (and God, I am beginning to hate this phrase) "not who I thought he was". If he is happy, I'm happy.

I’ll be an odd ball with you. <g> I’m also with you on not understanding some of the more extreme reactions that I’ve thankfully only heard about and not actually seen.

Aikim - I agree with most of what you said. But I also think there's an element that is worn out from all the sensationalism and negativity that surrounds Clay in the media. If he announced his engagement, had a fairy tale wedding and some months later a little Aiken appeared I bet it would be easier for some to handle. Quite honestly, it would be easier for ME to handle, too. I don't know if I can articulate this properly but all of this "noise" just detracts from the man's talent and I truly believe it has hurt his career

See, the key to my lack of angst as expressed above is that I don’t read much of the shit that is said about Clay. I don’t go wandering the net looking for mentions of Clay. There have been several mentions recently of a lot of crap being “dumped” on Clay because of this story and I can honestly say that I just don’t see it. Because I *don’t*. I don’t Google. I have no need or desire to be THAT involved in what people are saying about Clay. I get just enough info from here to keep me quite happy. I highly recommend it for your (universal) fandom. Why would anyone want to read a zillion different web sites every day looking for tiny mentions of Clay anyway? Who cares what others think of him?

Hey wait! I'm not sloppy seconds to Solo, am I???? Hmmm....must ponder this new development....... :whistling-1: Why is Scarlett giving her away? I think we need a press release on this - and soon! Scarlett, I'll have my people contact your people and we'll come up with something.... :lipstick:

I think you’re sloppy…fifths or something, to a wide range of people. <g> The eHp gets around.

remembers Random Cute Guy with extreme fondness...

Just sayin, this polygamist camp FCA spa better have a real spa in it - with real hot masseuses...camp my butt...

Absolutely!! Only the best. The kind with the pretty lighting and the hot rocks.

I just want to say how much I appreciate a place where we can actually talk about everything without being slimed and don't have to pretend that there is NO news because topics are off-limits.

Not that I would ever be edited.

Of course, this laxity of editing is probably because we're all a bunch of unrepentent bitches.

I'm ok with that.

I had a very strong reaction to the news that Vin Diesel just became a Dad and was able to make the announcement himself. All as it should be.

Does anyone remember that back in early 2006 there were RAMPANT rumors that Vin Diesel was gay? Lots of snickering that all the "Fast & Furious" uber-action roles and use of black leather was just a cover. This story was EVERYWHERE. He did, actually get mad about the rumors, and stated that he was NOT gay, and just preferred to keep his private life private. What a concept. He said that he tended to date in Europe where he could be less noticed. He said he didn't want to date a celebrity in Hollywood and be subject to that kind of scrutiny.

So now he announces the birth of his baby. And it's reported. No sniggering. No snickering. No speculation about conception methods. He has a new baby. Congratulations to all. That's it.

But then, he's not Clay Aiken.

I wish I could be a transplanted Houstonian this weekend for the grand eHP get-together. liney23 and I did have another fantabulous time this week having dinner together and gushing over all things Clay.

But we didn't have Cheez Doodles.

Perma.... nope, no Cheez Doodles, but you had some awesome looking key lime pie! That dinner soothed my soul, since we agreed on so many things. I like a "yes" woman... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Wanda...

I just want to say how much I appreciate a place where we can actually talk about everything without being slimed and don't have to pretend that there is NO news because topics are off-limits.

Not that I would ever be edited.

Of course, this laxity of editing is probably because we're all a bunch of unrepentent bitches.

I'm ok with that.

WORD!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Ummmm...remember the other day when we were talking about 'news' channels turning into 'gossip & entertainment' channels, and wondering if there was any entity left in the country that we could believe? I just stumbled across LKL. His guest tonight is Kathy Griffin and guess what they're discussing? <_<

She says she hurt and saddened that Clay didn't ask her to be his babymomma. <_< I just want to bitchslap some people.