#34: So, how about that Clay Aiken?

Ansamcw

Thread Title  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• You mean, it?s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?
    • But I swear I tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • Tulibu dibu douchou
    • Until he starts singing with it though, it's a non-issue for me.
    • I guess I'll stay a Clay fan as imperfect as he is just because I'm imperfect too and he sings so good.
    • IF IF IF IF IF
    • IF IF IF IF IF uh
    • Clay is not just marching to a different drummer, he has a whole new fabulous marching band!
    • I'd still be a fan of anything else he may sprinkle his magic on.

Ummmm...remember the other day when we were talking about 'news' channels turning into 'gossip & entertainment' channels, and wondering if there was any entity left in the country that we could believe? I just stumbled across LKL. His guest tonight is Kathy Griffin and guess what they're discussing? <_<

She says she hurt and saddened that Clay didn't ask her to be his babymomma. <_< I just want to bitchslap some people.

I'll help.

Ummmm...remember the other day when we were talking about 'news' channels turning into 'gossip & entertainment' channels, and wondering if there was any entity left in the country that we could believe? I just stumbled across LKL. His guest tonight is Kathy Griffin and guess what they're discussing? <_<

She says she hurt and saddened that Clay didn't ask her to be his babymomma. <_< I just want to bitchslap some people.

Although I love comedy and consider it essential to see the humor in most things, I have a real problem with those who think they are licensed to stoop to any level for a laugh. If it hurts someone deeply, it's not at all funny. I've always had reservations about Kimmel, i.e. from the time I first heard of him, BECAUSE of Clay. Before Clay, never heard of Jimmy Kimmel.

PS Scarlett! One benefit of the back problems I've been having...I've gotten lots of things done for the Etsy site! Sure hope it's still a go for this Fall :lol:
Eeeeeee! Thanks so much, FromClaygary!

geekette is also starting to talk about the next StripedSockSirens Fall Craft Sale for TBAF. She made this gorgeous swallowtail shawl and is considering putting it up for sale.

Spikesmom, I still have your large bag of items for the Craft Sale. I'm sorry that I ran out of time to put it up for last year's sale but I want you to know that they're safe with me.

Good morning. Getting ready to head out to Lake Tahoe again for 4 days. I'm almost skeered to leave. I'll be 65 miles from a computer and we all know what happened the last time I did this! I'll be approaching my computer with extreme caution when I tip toe back in to my office on Monday morning!

Waves to Scarlett :F_05BL17blowkiss: Second can be a wonderful thing.....

Whenever I don't watch a Houston hometown game we win big, so here's hoping that your karma turns into something like mine...

Scarlett, I now have Bui-Doi downloaded to my iTunes.

Oops.

Guess I just participated in the downfall of the music industry, no?

Just went right out and stole that tune!

*Cottonlooksaroundforillegalmusicdownloadcopstohaulheroff*

It was nice knowing y'all!

claytonic, ausdon, can you help me make an honest woman out of Cotton? No, not like that. :cryingwlaughter: And she isn't. I wouldn't do that to Iseeme while she's in Lake Tahoe.

What I'm hoping is that one of you (or anyone else from Australia) could buy a CD or two for me and I'll reimburse you via Paypal. Or exchange them for more Clay DVDs. How about it? Pls pm your e-mail addy if you're ok. Thanks! (Eeeeee, and that means that I can send Cotton the other tracks!)

ETA: Hey if our "fearless leader" can have an untraditional lifestyle IIU...so can we LOL....
So will you or Ansa be making the announcement on TMZ? *runs and hides*

remembers Random Cute Guy with extreme fondness...

Just sayin, this polygamist camp FCA spa better have a real spa in it - with real hot masseuses...camp my butt...

I'm with you there, too, KAndre.

I got the Sims2 "Bon Voyage" pack and we have a problem... the locale with the spa and a masseuses? It's the "3 Lakes" mountain camping one -- complete with roasting marshmallows over the campfire. So y'all will have to compromise. Else you can switch to "Takemizu Village" for mahjong & Tai Chi or "Twikki Island" for sandcastles and parasailing.

Although I love comedy and consider it essential to see the humor in most things, I have a real problem with those who think they are licensed to stoop to any level for a laugh. If it hurts someone deeply, it's not at all funny. I've always had reservations about Kimmel, i.e. from the time I first heard of him, BECAUSE of Clay. Before Clay, never heard of Jimmy Kimmel.

claytonic... Kathy Griffin was on Larry King Live, not Jimmy Kimmel. Jimmy has not been nasty to Clay since the first time they worked together. Not sure I understand what you were saying. Kathy Griffin is a famewhore of the highest order and deludes herself if she thinks Clay thinks she's funny when she makes nasty remarks about him. She's an idiot of the highest order!

I just watched the Broadway Cares DVD. Wow what a treat! Such talent. Clay sure fits right in there. I loved the fact that they used him and Hannah as the introduction background...someone in that community respects him!

I only ordered it on Tuesday and got it yesterday.......hmm maybe Clique could learn a thing or two.

It is well worth the money.

Clay looks gorgeous and the sound is so much better.

I was reading on CH and someone posted the on line Rachel Ray interviews. I thought I had caught up with all the clack but i had missed this one. He answered three questions. And I making too much out of the first out of the three question he chose to answer? And could he be any cuter?

oops, didn't put the link.

http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/show/segment...your-questions/

merrieeee, ITA on the Broadway Cares DVD. I was floored to watch that performance, and how good it is by both Clay and Hannah. Clay's harmonies balance Hannah so well, IMO. And I think he look faboo.

cagney, I LOVE that Rachael Ray clip. I rewatched it almost literally right before the "news" last week broke. After this past week, it's been very interesting to me to listen to ALAWH with a new set of ears.

Not Spock ears either. *g*

I was reading on CH and someone posted the on line Rachel Ray interviews. I thought I had caught up with all the clack but i had missed this one. He answered three questions. And I making too much out of the first out of the three question he chose to answer? And could he be any cuter?

oops, didn't put the link.

http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/show/segment...your-questions/

To answer your first question....yeah, probably. :cryingwlaughter: To answer your second...I don't think so. He was just adorable and at the end of the clip I found myself sitting here with a big ole ICG on my face.

Thanks for posting the link cagney. I hadn't seen that one.

:DoClay:

claytonic... Kathy Griffin was on Larry King Live, not Jimmy Kimmel. Jimmy has not been nasty to Clay since the first time they worked together. Not sure I understand what you were saying. Kathy Griffin is a famewhore of the highest order and deludes herself if she thinks Clay thinks she's funny when she makes nasty remarks about him. She's an idiot of the highest order!

Hm, how interesting that I read LKL as Kimmel since I certainly have known who Larry King is for a long time, and same goes for Kathy Griffin. I tend to blame the show's host for allowing something like that and I automatically thought of "thought" of Kimmel. (See my sig... goes to prove...?!?).

I also associate Kimmel with his GF who I also find over the top. I always felt that Kimmel uses Clay, but that's from my perspective and I am willing to concede I am wrong because I certainly want to be, since Clay seems to be so friendly with him now.

And I making too much out of the first out of the three question he chose to answer?

Yes. :cryingwlaughter:

He has been telling that story the beginning of the promo, and it never struck a cord before the news. Just an interesting tidbit. Part of the .... dare I say it..... narrative.

Turn the audio off and watch his facial expressions through all 3 questions. It would be best if they could be played in random order, since you know the content by heart, I am sure, but alas, that is not possible. Now tell me that there is an appreciable difference in his expressions during his response to the first question.

You know I love you, cagney, but you are an incurable romantic. I have no sentimental gene, though, so maybe we will need an impartial arbitrator on this one. How is it that we are so compatible?

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

But I'm with you on the CUTEness assessment. Couldn't possibly be a bit cuter. I saw that video the day of the show, but it sure was nice to see it again. Clack is good. Especially now.

Bookwhore, your response to my question, reminds me of the GDLA appearance where Dorothy says something to Clay about OMWH, that it was melancholy or somesuch and was she making too much out of it. And Clay looks right at her and deadpans "yes." I laughed outloud at that. Loved that appearance too.

Back from my journey.........dropped son #2 off with his dad (who picked him up on a motorcycle....eeep), got the Broadway Cares DVDs (thx to FromClaygary!), then spent some time with cindilu2 chatting about all things Clay and watching clack. A great way to spend an evening. Love the Clay/Hannah duet, gorgeous quality and gorgeous harmonies. Definitely worth the money!

Thanks for the link, I had never got around to watching them, so it was fresh clack for me! He's just so cute.

Clay is a unmitigated HEATHEN! I can't believe it! He mentioned barbeque and North Carolina in the same breath! AAAAARRRRRGGGGH! I love the man but he has a blind spot you can drive a truck though! Vinegar and mustard and some sort of pork production is NOT barbeque! He's lucky he sings and looks pretty! Kelly was absolutely right on the matter!

PS -Hey! Any member with Kimiye phone number (which I had about three phones ago) - call her and have her call me if she wants me to pick her up!

Spikesmom, I still have your large bag of items for the Craft Sale. I'm sorry that I ran out of time to put it up for last year's sale but I want you to know that they're safe with me.

No worries here... I knew they were safe with you... :F_05BL17blowkiss: I'll have to see what I've got done since then that I can contribute! I've been working on some crocheted market bags so maybe some of those for those who might want to go green!

Back from my journey.........dropped son #2 off with his dad (who picked him up on a motorcycle....eeep), got the Broadway Cares DVDs (thx to FromClaygary!), then spent some time with cindilu2 chatting about all things Clay and watching clack. A great way to spend an evening. Love the Clay/Hannah duet, gorgeous quality and gorgeous harmonies. Definitely worth the money!

Thanks for the link, I had never got around to watching them, so it was fresh clack for me! He's just so cute.

Hmmm did you pic everyone's DVD up or.... I give up insert a praying emoticon here.

Clay is a unmitigated HEATHEN! I can't believe it! He mentioned barbeque and North Carolina in the same breath! AAAAARRRRRGGGGH! I love the man but he has a blind spot you can drive a truck though! Vinegar and mustard and some sort of pork production is NOT barbeque! He's lucky he sings and looks pretty! Kelly was absolutely right on the matter!

Excuse me? THE barbeque is eastern North Carolina barbeque. Spreading some fancy tomato sauce on meat is not barbeque. (People in western NC do that.) I know this because I learned it on my parents' knees, and my mama was a convert so she should know. She grew up on the western side of the Piedmont and was a fully grown adult before she first tasted proper NC barbeque (that is eastern), and she taught me that eastern NC barbeque is the best. That rule was right up there with 'wash your hands before eating' and 'do not take the Lord's name in vain'. Now here's a secret--all eastern NC barbeque is not created equal, so you could've easily had some crappy stuff. People can mess it up, and when they do, it ain't all that. But the good stuff is special.

PS -Hey! Any member with Kimiye phone number (which I had about three phones ago) - call her and have her call me if she wants me to pick her up!

HAHA no kidding! Clay's food choices make me shudder! I was interested at first in trying the recipes at the back of LTS, until I read the ingredients!!

PS Scarlett! One benefit of the back problems I've been having...I've gotten lots of things done for the Etsy site! Sure hope it's still a go for this Fall :lol:
Eeeeeee! Thanks so much, FromClaygary!

geekette is also starting to talk about the next StripedSockSirens Fall Craft Sale for TBAF. She made this gorgeous swallowtail shawl and is considering putting it up for sale.

Holy smokes!! That is GOR-geous!! I'd have a hard time giving that puppy up with all the work put into it...

I just watched the Broadway Cares DVD. Wow what a treat! Such talent. Clay sure fits right in there. I loved the fact that they used him and Hannah as the introduction background...someone in that community respects him!

I only ordered it on Tuesday and got it yesterday.......hmm maybe Clique could learn a thing or two.

It is well worth the money.

Clay looks gorgeous and the sound is so much better.

Everyone, be sure and watch the REST of it as well! I am really, really glad I got it! Hannah and Clay are in Act 1, but be sure to at least watch Act 2 as well...some really great performances.

You're very welcome! Timing worked out great!

Hmmm did you pic everyone's DVD up or.... I give up insert a praying emoticon here.

Yes, they have yours too! :cryingwlaughter:

Gosh, what a beautiful night here! I slept for a bit to rest my back (ok, so I had a 2-hr nap...I never do that!) and then felt well enough to go out for a bit of a walk around the block. I feel like I've been cooped up in the house for months! I'm so glad it's summer!!

Whew! It's tough to be disconnected. I just knew Clay had blogged or sat down with Andersen Cooper. LOL. Yay, I didn't miss anything. OK I know I'm whipped cuz I thought I lost my JNT blue hoodie at the airport and almost cried. heee. But turns out it was just so hot i had stuffed it in my purse. I love that thing!

Happy Friday everybody.

Whew! It's tough to be disconnected. I just knew Clay had blogged or sat down with Andersen Cooper. LOL. Yay, I didn't miss anything. OK I know I'm whipped cuz I thought I lost my JNT blue hoodie at the airport and almost cried. heee. But turns out it was just so hot i had stuffed it in my purse. I love that thing!

Happy Friday everybody.

Glad you found it, sweetheart! :flirtysmile3:

So, whatcha doin' the rest of the weekend?? :lipstick:

Excuse me? THE barbeque is eastern North Carolina barbeque. Spreading some fancy tomato sauce on meat is not barbeque. (People in western NC do that.) I know this because I learned it on my parents' knees, and my mama was a convert so she should know. She grew up on the western side of the Piedmont and was a fully grown adult before she first tasted proper NC barbeque (that is eastern), and she taught me that eastern NC barbeque is the best. That rule was right up there with 'wash your hands before eating' and 'do not take the Lord's name in vain'. Now here's a secret--all eastern NC barbeque is not created equal, so you could've easily had some crappy stuff. People can mess it up, and when they do, it ain't all that. But the good stuff is special.

KAndre picks up a piece of mesquite to hold off that other heathen, jmh...

Tomato sauce?!?! TOMATO SAUCE?!?! Child, if somebody gotta cover up the perfection that is true barbeque (in other words, some serious smoked meat out of Texas) with ANY kind of "sauce", it ain't barbeque. Sometimes mothers can be misled. I'm sure y'all got some tasty dishes right there, yes indeedy! But a barbeque sauce is a condiment, not a main ingredient! And if it ain't pork ribs or some serious sausage, that pig needs to stand back from the pit for some brisket!

Tomato sauce?!?! TOMATO SAUCE?!?! Child, if somebody gotta cover up the perfection that is true barbeque (in other words, some serious smoked meat out of Texas) with ANY kind of "sauce", it ain't barbeque. Sometimes mothers can be misled. I'm sure y'all got some tasty dishes right there, yes indeedy! But a barbeque sauce is a condiment, not a main ingredient! And if it ain't pork ribs or some serious sausage, that pig needs to stand back from the pit for some brisket!

KAndre knows of what she speaks. Brisket + Mesquite + Smoke = Barbeque. You can put any sauce you want on it. Or no sauce at all.

Reminds me of the Test of a True Texan:

Question: Do you like your chili with or without beans?

True Texan Answer: There ain't no damn beans in chili. If there's beans in it, it's BEANS!

KAndre knows of what she speaks. Brisket + Mesquite + Smoke = Barbeque. You can put any sauce you want on it. Or no sauce at all.

Reminds me of the Test of a True Texan:

Question: Do you like your chili with or without beans?

True Texan Answer: There ain't no damn beans in chili. If there's beans in it, it's BEANS!

Ah, then our barbeques are actually not that far apart. You put the pig in a pit and cook it all day--hence, pit-cooked barbeque. I don't put sauce on proper eastern NC barbeque. Now there's a little marianade involved, but it should be thoroughly and competely cooked into the meat, not poured on there after it's done. (But we'd probably still disagree a bit on the flavor. Oh, and the brisket thing. :imgtongue: )

Channel surfing tonight I came across 2 things of note.

On PBS I saw Orleans singing "Still the One", a song I'd never heard until I saw Clay's Hometown performance and a song I love listen to. There are now many songs which I consider to be Clay songs in that if I hear them on the radio and he's not the one singing them I feel disappointed. I really am not interested in hearing anyone else sing them.

And then I caught some of KG on LKL. I'm glad I missed her remarks on Clay...I suppose they were a logical follow up to her whole wedding dress number at the music awards. One thing about her tho, is that no celebrity is safe from her "humour".

BBQ mmm there's a restaurant on the Drive called the Memphis Blues Barbeque House which serves a platter for 2 called The Memphis Feast which has all meat plus all the fixins'. I've never been faced with so much meat on one platter before and all of it delicious. Chicken and sausage and pulled pork and spareribs and brisket. The two of us were stuffed and took more than half of it home.

I'm going to a wedding shower tomorrow and all the guests have been asked for advice for the bride which will be put into a scrap book. My daughter suggested that my advice be that, which I did use when my DH was alive,to both of our satisfaction, given by Dan Savage on feeding your man a glass of pineapple juice every day. Those of you who are still awake do you have any suggestions on how I can phrase this so that it is funny?