#34: So, how about that Clay Aiken?

Ansamcw

Thread Title  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• You mean, it?s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?
    • But I swear I tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • Tulibu dibu douchou
    • Until he starts singing with it though, it's a non-issue for me.
    • I guess I'll stay a Clay fan as imperfect as he is just because I'm imperfect too and he sings so good.
    • IF IF IF IF IF
    • IF IF IF IF IF uh
    • Clay is not just marching to a different drummer, he has a whole new fabulous marching band!
    • I'd still be a fan of anything else he may sprinkle his magic on.

NEW RULE: Don't put Bicardi Lemon in your blueberry pomegranite juice. It's just not good.

NEW RULE: Always carry a house key along with your garage door opener. Just in case the power is out when you come back from dinner, and can't get in the garage. Key Rocks are a good idea too.

NEW RULE: Always keep flashlights with fresh batteries in a convenient and easy to find place in case you need to find one in the dark. (Remember that some cell phones also put out a considerable amount of light.)

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

BTW - a little research revealed that George Carlin had nothing to do with those other NEW RULES - they were actually written by Bill Maher and can be found here: http://www.hbo.com/billmaher/new_rules/

I also received a warning from the local DA department about a gang initiation tonight, which also turned out to be false!!

I guess that goes to show, you just can't believe everything you read online!! :D Unless you've checked it on snopes. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

PS - The NEW RULES above can be attributed to moi :D

I'm going to a wedding shower tomorrow and all the guests have been asked for advice for the bride which will be put into a scrap book. My daughter suggested that my advice be that, which I did use when my DH was alive,to both of our satisfaction, given by Dan Savage on feeding your man a glass of pineapple juice every day. Those of you who are still awake do you have any suggestions on how I can phrase this so that it is funny?

Lotus... all I can think of is something like.......

"if you really want your man to ____ then give him a glass of PJ to drink every day."

What is the benefit of giving PJ to drink every day? :she asked curiously:

Weelll....lets just say that Dan Savage give sex advice and the PJ changes the taste so that it is easy to swallow. You can see why I need help here. I think that, as a 65 yr old grandmother of 5, I would feel better giving this advice to my 30 something yr old niece if I could do it with humour.

Weelll....lets just say that Dan Savage give sex advice and the PJ changes the taste so that it is easy to swallow. You can see why I need help here. I think that, as a 65 yr old grandmother of 5, I would feel better giving this advice to my 30 something yr old niece if I could do it with humour.

well well..........

ok then.........

How about.......

"if you really want your man to taste good

come rain or come shine (wink wink)

A glass of PJ a day

Takes the salties away........." :cryingwlaughter:

Sorry - that's all I've got!!! Got to go beddie bye now!! Good Luck!!

Thank you cha cha. I'm not leaving home tomorrow morning until 930 Pacific time so if there are any more suggestions? more verses to cha cha's poem?

Canfly always love your long catch up posts. That used to be me!
lol...well, I'm considering the 3 or 4 pages that I didn't get to last night "lost causes".

So, canfly, how you liking this linear thread thing?
It's annoying the crap outta me. How the HELL do you catch up on it??? I'm so used to separate threads for everything...mind you none of them EVER stay on topic, lol.

:cryingwlaughter:

Wheeeeee! Tonight I'm gonna get my Broadway Cares DVD! Thanks to FromClaygary!
Must go find link and reprint off order form cuz I was busy doing Report Cards and the one that I stuffed in my lunchbox to fill out but never got to is decidedly WRINKLYED.

Random thought. I'm sitting here in the dark cuz it's cooler cuz I don't have a/c and it's too damned hot and there are little bugs all over my screen and bugging me and...

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!

I hate heat. Just looked and it's like 30 or 31 deg C (don't know what that is in farenheit but too hot for meeeeeeeeeeeee) until monday and then it's supposed to cool off.

playbiller, I think that's been there since the beginning of the OFC redesign. I've just never thought I had anything to ask him! Hee.
Gee...I can think of a few questions...

And I don't get the Jaymes hate I've seen on some other boards. What the hell did she do to any of them? I don't gets it.
Hey! I.don.gets.it is my line. Somebody even made me a smiley for it:

idongetsit.gif

Well of course it's ok to hate Jaymes cuz if it weren't for her Clay would be on tour right now doncha know.
Well...dammit. Why didn't you tell me that before? OK. I hate her now.

I I U ...sooooo how many more months of I I U - LOL
IIU???? :shrug: translation?

Okay - I know IIF = If It's True

But what the heck is IIU ???

Thanks for telling me ONE Of them. Well, that's ONE down. If It's Unknown?

"if if um...if if um..."

As in the clueless guard that Clay played in Spamalot....

Oh.

:fssign:

That couchie, always trying to cut down on typing...and adding one more abbreviation to our lexicon...
Just what I needed.

dan-1.gif

I can't remember when Clay started the FBM shtick, but it was during all the King of Controversy bits - Krippa and all that.
It never occurred to me until I just read that, that his shitck about the rumour of him having a kid was about FBM. I'd never heard about her back then...so very strange now after having seen her hanging out at spamalot and watching the show stone-faced and hanging around the CD signing line...

Maybe because it took me nearly 4 years to conceive (with some medical assistance), or maybe it's because I started bleeding at 24 weeks and remember the terror I went through at that time, or maybe it's because a friend who was pregnant at the same time I was lost her baby at nearly 8 months, or maybe it's because 2 co-workers over 40 both lost their pregnancies THIS year at 3 months and nearly 7 months respectively, but whatever the cause, I NEVER take the outcome of any pregnancy for granted. I can MORE than understand why no statement of any kind to anyone may not occur until after that much-wanted baby arrives safe and sound!!
I totally get that. Our principal just recently had a stillbirth of her baby at 8 months. She's probably about 45? She just noticed that she hadn't felt the baby moving for awhile. 2 days prior had had a checkup and everything declared fine. So you never know.

I thought that by this six month, Jaymes was pretty safe. Apparently not!
Nope. I bet she wants to kill David's "rep".

I have no idea what the temp is here other than its hot, which is not good for someone going thru peri-menopause. I'd love a nice cold iceburg right about now.
:yeahthat: (well, not the perimenopause part...)

Hee, well I'm loving the heat! I hatesssssssss the cold, so I celebrate it when it goes away. My kids think I'm nuts. But I put the A/C on for them if it goes over 30 C.
You're mean and I think that you're nuts too!

Hmmm did you pic everyone's DVD up or.... I give up insert a praying emoticon here.
Am I the ONLY local person that didn't have a clue about the existence of this DVD until last week?

dan-1.gif

Well, I'm done. I slept from 7 until 10 pm tonight, so now trying to get so I can go back to bed, lol.

Heat sucks. Having a cold when it's hot sucks even more. Why do they call them colds, when they make you hot?

Anyhoo...night...

dragclay.gif

"if if um...if if um..."

OK... if IIF = If It's True

Would/could it naturally follow that IIU = If It's Untrue ?? :unsure:

Someone please say yay or nay so that I can update the acronym Glossary in one fell swoop :lmaosmiley-1:

p.s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuVEQBlFKhs...feature=related

Look at Charice now with David Foster... she's that kid I've been raving about for the last 2-3 years to anyone who would listen .... her talent was discovered on YouTube where a friend kept uploading her Karaoke and singing competition performances. She is just amazing, she turned 16 just 3 weeks ago. She's been on Ellen, Oprah.... Close your eyes and you'd think you were listening to a black diva, not a little asian girl. (I didn't know David Foster produced the original Dreamgirls album, with Jennifer Holliday. He says so in this YT vid)

ETA to update her age from 15 to 16. Her year of birth on her biography has been changed from 1993 to 1992. Whatever the case, I think I might still have some bottles of shampoo older than that...

IIT = If it's true

IIU = If If um

Hmmm did you pic everyone's DVD up or.... I give up insert a praying emoticon here.

Got 'em right here! I'm home all day today, give me a shout.

Gosh, what a beautiful night here! I slept for a bit to rest my back (ok, so I had a 2-hr nap...I never do that!) and then felt well enough to go out for a bit of a walk around the block. I feel like I've been cooped up in the house for months! I'm so glad it's summer!!

Me too! And I`m glad to hear you were able to go for a walk, that`s a definite improvement!

It's 100 degrees here, in June. Early June. A little too much summer for me. :cryingwlaughter:

You obviously don`t live in Canada. :cryingwlaughter: We have to relish every.single.summerlike.day. They disappear all too soon. :cry4:

It's annoying the crap outta me. How the HELL do you catch up on it??? I'm so used to separate threads for everything...mind you none of them EVER stay on topic, lol.

Hee, you just need to catch up more often!

Hee, well I'm loving the heat! I hatesssssssss the cold, so I celebrate it when it goes away. My kids think I'm nuts. But I put the A/C on for them if it goes over 30 C.

Not nuts, just allergic to the cold. And I`m not joking! I can get hives in some serious AC!

Am I the ONLY local person that didn't have a clue about the existence of this DVD until last week?.

Sowwy.

ETA the `who`s your baby daddy` wav file for anyone who wants it for a computer sound:

http://download.yousendit.com/91E816C77DF0B347

As far as I'm concerned, it's just too darn hot. :onFire:

AtlantaDCAT1.jpg

Time to think about some cooler places, like mountaintops...

snowclay-aiken-05.jpg

Or by the shore....

Ontherocks-1.jpg

Maybe a nice chilly skating rink.

Skatington2.jpg

Oh, I know! Snowflakes are definitely cool!

DCCITH1-1.jpg

EastonCITH1.jpg

NBCITH2.jpg

Ah, that's the ticket!

ChaCha said

NEW RULE: Always carry a house key along with your garage door opener. Just in case the power is out when you come back from dinner, and can't get in the garage. Key Rocks are a good idea too

:clap: WORD! This I have learned through experience! And I would like to add that if you then bury a key in your yard to avoid just such a situation you must remember EXACTLY where!

Thanks bottlecap, I feel cooler already. Except for the hot man in all those pictures, which raised my temp again. Damn contradiction.

From idlefan4CA at CH:

A "new" interview just showed up at CNN here. It appears to have been taped in May but they just chose to post it today. Nothing new, but includes CD promo and an pertinent clip from an old interview.

From idlefan4CA at CH:

A "new" interview just showed up at CNN here. It appears to have been taped in May but they just chose to post it today. Nothing new, but includes CD promo and an pertinent clip from an old interview.

Am I correct in saying that in the original (old) interview that they showed a small clip from, his next statement was something along the lines of "their assumptions are wrong"? If I am indeed remembering this correctly, what a SHOCK that today's media would think to conveniently leave out that part of his statement.

Lets see ......I'm getting ready for my people to come over and 1) My maid didn't show up so now I have to clean, 2) I almost fall and break my arm, 3) My daughter calls and tells me her car won't start, 4) My vacuum isn't working and to top it off I have. shall we say, a large hole in my roof that I discovered while putting suitcases up in the attic this morning!!!!!!

I think the eHP should be very afraid!

At least Clay sounds pretty on my iPod.

Well my brother and sister in law have heard about "the baby" and of course asked me what was going on. I said I have no idea and I'll let them know when I know. And that was that.

Nothing like waking up to the sounds of two 8 year old boys, 1 6 year old girl and 1 11 year old girl and can't forget Bruno the dog that keeps barking at someone. I just pretended I was sleep until someone else got up to fix them all breakfast. heh. It worked. Don't know how you parents do it every day.

So unshown interviews are showing up now.... amazing..only not. I bet he could probably get almost any interview he wanted now. But it comes with a price that has nothing to do with his music.

Merrieee....pretty music on your ipod is all that matters!

Canfly always love your long catch up posts. That used to be me!
lol...well, I'm considering the 3 or 4 pages that I didn't get to last night "lost causes".

:cryingwlaughter:

And I don't get the Jaymes hate I've seen on some other boards. What the hell did she do to any of them? I don't gets it.
Hey! I.don.gets.it is my line. Somebody even made me a smiley for it:

idongetsit.gif

Well of course it's ok to hate Jaymes cuz if it weren't for her Clay would be on tour right now doncha know.
Well...dammit. Why didn't you tell me that before? OK. I hate her now.

"if if um...if if um..."

As in the clueless guard that Clay played in Spamalot....

Oh.

:fssign:

That couchie, always trying to cut down on typing...and adding one more abbreviation to our lexicon...
Just what I needed.

dan-1.gif

Well, I'm done. I slept from 7 until 10 pm tonight, so now trying to get so I can go back to bed, lol.

Heat sucks. Having a cold when it's hot sucks even more. Why do they call them colds, when they make you hot?

Anyhoo...night...

dragclay.gif

Canfly... I love your catch-up posts, too. I'm glad you came over to the dark side... hehe. Sorry you have a cold in the heat (or any other time). I haven't had one in years. I found a product called Cold Snap that knocks them out if you start taking it the instant you feel that cold starting. I love your little emoticon!

Lets see ......I'm getting ready for my people to come over and 1) My maid didn't show up so now I have to clean, 2) I almost fall and break my arm, 3) My daughter calls and tells me her car won't start, 4) My vacuum isn't working and to top it off I have. shall we say, a large hole in my roof that I discovered while putting suitcases up in the attic this morning!!!!!!

I think the eHP should be very afraid!

At least Clay sounds pretty on my iPod.

merrieeee.... holy heck, woman! Take a deep breath, have a stiff drink, and enjoy the eHP happening tonight. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Claytonic... IIF came from Couchie and I'm pretty sure it means If, If, Um, from Spamalot. It definitely could mean It Is Untrue, too. You could just add both meanings to it in your lexicon... we have to confuse people a little bit, right??? :cryingwlaughter:

I just watched the CNN interview. I didn't think it was too bad, even with the one part left out. I'm disappointed in CNN for doing that, but it still didn't read too badly. To me, it was a decent statement on why he doesn't talk about his private life. YMYV (Your Mileage May Vary, Claytonic).

From idlefan4CA at CH:

Am I correct in saying that in the original (old) interview that they showed a small clip from, his next statement was something along the lines of "their assumptions are wrong"? If I am indeed remembering this correctly, what a SHOCK that today's media would think to conveniently leave out that part of his statement.

I listened again, I believe the line was "they make assumptions."

Cool interview tho! I get the feeling it was reworked to highlight that aspect of the interview to release now, even tho it was taped in May. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Our principal just recently had a stillbirth of her baby at 8 months. She's probably about 45? She just noticed that she hadn't felt the baby moving for awhile. 2 days prior had had a checkup and everything declared fine. So you never know.

Me~ :huh::(:unsure::wacko::blink::cry4:

Nope. I bet she wants to kill David's "rep".

Me~NO KIDDING!!

Am I the ONLY local person that didn't have a clue about the existence of this DVD until last week?

Me~have you changed your email address or sumpin'? Cause I DID send a note to heinz' "list" saying we were going to group order...

Maybe you didn't know what I was talking about at the time?

Sowwy2!!

Me too! And I`m glad to hear you were able to go for a walk, that`s a definite improvement!

Not nuts, just allergic to the cold. And I`m not joking! I can get hives in some serious AC!

ETA the `who`s your baby daddy` wav file for anyone who wants it for a computer sound:

http://download.yousendit.com/91E816C77DF0B347

Yes!! Slowly but (hopefully) surely....I feel so much better than I did last weekend, not only because it IS a little better, but simply because it is....:lol: Last time I went through this I suffered without ANY relief for over 2 years, and I was seriously depressed and stressed just thinking it might happen again.

Last time I turned some way~something "popped"~and, gone...pretty much just like that. Wish I could figure out which way. :lol:

So... :imgtongue: ....forgive me for not keeping the info, but could someone remind me of how to make this .wav file my opening/closing sound? TIA!!

And thanks luckiest1 for the file!!

From idlefan4CA at CH:

I listened again, I believe the line was "they make assumptions."

Cool interview tho! I get the feeling it was reworked to highlight that aspect of the interview to release now, even tho it was taped in May. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

But I think that in the original interview, (which I think I only saw once and never taped or downloaded), that after this part they are showing in this interview, he makes the comment that their assumptions are wrong. (Clear as mud, huh?) :cryingwlaughter: Maybe I'm totally "misremembering" this, but for some reason it just sticks in my head.

Whoops- just found the answer to my question from Corabeth at the CH:

"That CNN interview uses that very old TVGuide channel interview where he talks about people making assumptions about him because he's not visibly dating in the tabloids and magazines, etc. But of course they also left off the next sentence which (paraphrased) was "those assumptions would be wrong". After that full interview surfaced, it made me wonder just how many times he did answer fully and it was left on the cutting room floor or cut out by a print editor. "

Good to know I haven't COMPLETELY lost my mind! Just feels that way sometimes.

But I think that in the original interview, (which I think I only saw once and never taped or downloaded), that after this part they are showing in this interview, he makes the comment that their assumptions are wrong. (Clear as mud, huh?) :cryingwlaughter: Maybe I'm totally "misremembering" this, but for some reason it just sticks in my head.

Orginal CNN Interview (October 2003) via Clack Unlimted. Downloadable version.

Sorry laljeterfan, you're "misremembering." The interviewer in the original interview ties the whole "gay/straight" thing to the "more special to wait" statements he made in Rolling Stone. They both laugh then about the "generic answer" he gave for that question.

And now, it seems I need to look at this new interview again...to find that TV Guide piece....

I've been having fun lately, going through old clack (like this piece). I'm starting to plan for a possible new computer in my future, and I'm going through and rewatching old stuff -- and mostly keeping them. However, there are bunches of things that I am now deleting, such as simple mentions of his name on TV shows and such. But it's still fun to go through these and remember those simpler times....

The interview won't play for me...bummer Yes, I deleted cookies, files, my life savings and to no avail. That's fine...didn't want to see it anyway......that's a lie but it helps...sorta. He looks mighty good in those clips. :hubbahubba:

laljeterfan, I just rewatched the new CNN interview, and the interview I linked above is the one that is used in the new piece. I seem to remember that piece that was mentioned at the CH, but it is definitely NOT part of the new CNN interview.

calurker, I had trouble at first with the interview playing. Trying refreshing the screen and see if that helps (it did me). You might also try playing it in a different browser.

Am I the only one who thinks he looks absolutely HOT in that interview? Gawd...his eyes!

And his grin....

:Thud:

:th74: :hubbahubba:

Last night at a gathering of softball parents one said to me, "So is Clay having a baby?" I just told her that the only thing we know is that Jaymes is pregnant. She looked surprised and said "Jaymes is a woman? I didn't know for sure." I gave her a look. She said, "Well, who is she?"

So I identified her and said that neither she nor Clay or their reps had commented on the story and that we might never know the REAL story, since the original one had come from TMZ.

She just said, "Yeah, TMZ is where I think I heard something."

And that was it.

At work the woman who for some reason HATES Clay and his voice said that she has a friend who works for Spamalot (in design or production or something) and her friend told her that after every show that Clay was in, a 'bunch of 50-some-year old women were swarming at the stage door" every night. I told her that I'm sure not everyone there was in her fifties but yeah, I doubt they'd seen such enthusiasm for any other actor in the play. And that was that.

Oy...I wanna go look at Clay again in that CNN interview. :needclay:

laljeterfan, I just rewatched the new CNN interview, and the interview I linked above is the one that is used in the new piece. I seem to remember that piece that was mentioned at the CH, but it is definitely NOT part of the new CNN interview.

Here is my trying-to-piece-this-all-together remembrance of this whole thing. I know that I saw that part that Corabeth refers to somewhere. I'm thinking that although it was drawn from a recognizable interview, it was a part that hadn't actually been included in the initial interview. So, when that one tiny snippet was aired somewhere else at a later date (and now for some reason I'm thinking it was on one of those Idol specials on E about Clay- oops again- it says right in CB's post- TV guide interview!), it struck me that that part of his commentary had not seen the light of day before.