#34: So, how about that Clay Aiken?

Ansamcw

Thread Title  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• You mean, it?s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?
    • But I swear I tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • Tulibu dibu douchou
    • Until he starts singing with it though, it's a non-issue for me.
    • I guess I'll stay a Clay fan as imperfect as he is just because I'm imperfect too and he sings so good.
    • IF IF IF IF IF
    • IF IF IF IF IF uh
    • Clay is not just marching to a different drummer, he has a whole new fabulous marching band!
    • I'd still be a fan of anything else he may sprinkle his magic on.

Cotton...(oh how quickly I'm forgotten!)...I TOLD you I was taking your post to bed with me---what MORE do I need to say to PROVE how I FEEL ?!?!?!? :cry4:

ahem...

wait....did I see something about mounting Clay? :blink:

:pickme:

Cotton...(oh how quickly I'm forgotten!)...I TOLD you I was taking your post to bed with me---what MORE do I need to say to PROVE how I FEEL ?!?!?!? :cry4:

ahem...

wait....did I see something about mounting Clay? :blink:

:pickme:

Muski, you sure know how to bring the smut. Sure keeps things interesting. And I already caled Cotton

One last post before I have to head to bed. I was just reading at the Shed and someone brought over a post from the CV. The post was showing the difficulty and the risks of a pregnancy later in life, and it just really made me realize how much this baby was wanted. Not much of a prayer, but I'm wishing for all the best for Jaymes, Clay, and that baby.

Welllll - it's time to hit the pillow.

Sleepykitty.gif

It's been an exciting day. :cryingwlaughter:

We've had avocadoology, new BFFs, a treatise on Bob Dylan, a little angst, alot of laughs, a little more angst, alot of humor, a little worry, some more humor and a few trips down memory lane.

Goodnight FCA.....

Dang! I was all excited that there might be a picture of well-hung Clay in that TMZ article.
Yeah. Me too. :hubbahubba: No such luck. :sad52:

It gets interestinger and interestinger to me. And interestinger is so a word!
Yup. Is too. :handshake:

Some people even seem to think he's misrepresented himself in some way over the years. I'm not judging, or at least I'm trying not to, but I'm just really quite surprised and a bit overwhelmed at some of what I'm reading.
Stop reading. :shrug:

I think he would make an awesome father and would or will love a child completely. IIT - the only way I'll be disappointed in him is if he lives 3000 miles or so away from that child and only has visitations. Somehow this doesn't synch with MY PERSONAL OPINION of how Clay would approach fatherhood - long-distance parenting.
The part-time/long distance Dad thing is what makes me not buy it. BTW, what's IIT mean. I've seen it 2 or 3 times.

Nobody is stuck in time.

Clay may have learned to like avocados. Does that make him a liar?

I don't think, though, that people's characters change without GREAT effort, self-awareness, and (probably) therapy.

So, I don't take everything that Clay has said as gospel for the whole of his life.

But, I know a good man when I see one.

Sufficient for me.

:bravo:

Clay is often held to words he said 5 years ago. That's just wrong because everyone changes.
Yup and that sux.

on other boards there really are people who believe that since Clay joked about not liking avocados:

He will never eat them ever

He would never have a relationship with an avocado lover

He would never eat in a restaurant that serves avocados

He would never buy a house with an avocado tree in the yard

The nutrient content of avocados is listed and Clay is reprimanded for not eating them

And is sent books and lists about what he should eat

Faye will be blamed for Clay not liking avocados

Faye just prolly prepared avocados incorrectly when Clay was a poor pitiful child, because those southerners don't know how to fix or appreciate good food

Clay is only saying he doesn't like avocados because he wants the California Avocado Association to pay big bucks for him to recant and say he loves them now

Saying he hates avocados is a sekrit signal to fake baby mamas

Saying he hates avocados means some tortuous intrusive clue about Santa M.....sorry, just typing that makes me pukle

Saying he hates avocados means he is leaving RCA

There will be a thread at OFC denouncing his disdain for avocados

There will be a thread at OFC praising him for hating avocados and showing support for Cesar Chavez

I honestly could continue for another 20 minutes, but SOME people have deliberately and willfully chosen to regard my humorous sense of irony as, um, sarcasm......

If he is seen eating avocado:

He is a liar

He prolly lied about OTHER STUFF TOO

He has betrayed his fans, who have given up avocados in a show of support

Too funny! Yet sad at the same time cuz so true.

So I have three ways I'm processing this whole thing. It keeps me sane.

1. Clay and Jaymes are in a loving, committed relationship and are having a baby together. They may or may not sign a paper in the future to 'prove it' or may have done so in the past already. They are in love and plan to share their lives together with their child. They might even adopt more later.

2. Clay and Jaymes have a close, abiding love for each other and both want a child very badly. They've discussed the issue exhaustively and decided that in their present circumstances they are comfortable sharing a child, even though they realize that they do not have/want a future together as a romantic/life-partner relationship. They've considered the ramifications of this plan on their potential future relationships with others and agree to always be devoted parents to their child, regardless.

3. It's all a bunch of hooey and another example of the kind of journalism our media feeds our celebrity news-crazed public.

"It's all a bunch of hooey". TM canfly.

ETA: no spelling of 'gigilo' 'gigalo' looks right to me!
Me either.

(GIGOLO) and I like the scenarios you stated. Makes sense.
See...look. Neither of us had to lift a finger to check a dictionary, lol.

I remember when I first found the Clay message boards, I was so struck by the humor that was demonstrated by regular posters. I miss those days when we were able to laugh at us I wonder what happened, was it when outsiders started laughing at us (Cue stereotypical Claymate reference) that we became so sensitive?
Am not too sensitive. Am not. Am not. Am not! :hissy

Awww, thanks for trying to cheer me up, Fear. Wish I could have dreams like that! I'm fine, just a little bewildered by some of what I've read on various boards. And I know, I know, it's my own fault for wandering. I just can't fathom some of the reactions, and some of the jealousy (not surprising) and downright hate (quite surprising) I'm reading towards Jaymes. And the anger directed towards Clay...it blows my mind. Makes me wonder if I've wandered into an alternate universe. I guess I shouldn't be surprised by anything anymore.
Repeat after me, "I will not go to the skeery places! I will not go to the skeery places! I will not go to the skeery places!"

"I always knew Clay would have a Foster child!"
:groan:

You rock, Ruben!
Yes, he does. Times like these separate "fairweather friends" from the real ones.

I will admit that I am having a hard time understanding some of the reactions...the extreme sadness some are feeling just seems out of proportion to the situation to me and I have come to the conclusion that they are more sad for themselves than for Clay because their dreams and fantasies have been shattered. And I do think some have held Clay up to such high standards that it was inevitable that he would disappointment them at some point and I don't think Clay can be blamed for that.
Nope. He can't. They set themselves up for that.

I think a lot of the anger directed at Jaymes is again...because she stole the fantasy...the older woman-younger man scenario has been played out for the last 5 years on the boards and she may actually be living that fantasy and maybe it is not so much fun to fantasize when it is a reality. Not sure if that makes any sense..but just the feeling I have been getting.
Considering, I haven't bought into it, I'm good, lol. Reminds me...I got an email notification of a fanfic update tonight. Maybe, there'll be some smut in it!

:naughtywag:

OK...there are 3 more pages for me to read but I'm cross-eyed and going to bed.

:dragclay:

I am a bad person, I went to the OFC nd asked Clay a question. I asked it there was anything new happening.

I had never noticed I could ask him a question before and I just couldn't resist.

Bad person. I wonder if they will ban me now?

*waves to Couchie seductively*

Hi, hon! Looks like we're all alone. Just you and me. Are you paired up with anybody here? All of these girls are pairing up, and nobody asked for me! *sniff*

I'm cute and a lot of fun. We could watch clack together, talk about deep things, talk about shallow things, eat yummy stuff and just have fun!!

Waddya say we pair up? :sleezy:

Hi, hon! Looks like we're all alone. Just you and me. Are you paired up with anybody here? All of these girls are pairing up, and nobody asked for me! *sniff*

I'm cute and a lot of fun. We could watch clack together, talk about deep things, talk about shallow things, eat yummy stuff and just have fun!!

bwah... YAY, someone likes me; they really like me. heee

hey maybe I could come visit the jersey LOL

Hee it's 3 am and no-ones in the place.......just think what havoc I could wreak....Just kidding couchie!!!!

Now if I could just sleep and have a Clay dream.

All these hook ups are making me jellus. *waves to Solo*

Me too! I've seen just about everything expressed today......anger, jealousy, comtempt, agendas, conspiracy theories, you name it, it's out there. Good thing I was watching DVDs instead of venturing outside FCA.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Touché!

Someone at the CH found this: Clay Aiken Quotes

*pets new signature lovingly*

Thanks for this! Cool to read through them all. He can be so wise.

I have a hard time with the doom and gloom. It's happened every time he has pulled one of his surprises. Think vignettes.

:naughtywag: :lmaosmiley-1:

I work at Dream Dinners which Piggly Wiggly bought the grocery store franchise for so, essentially, I work at Piggly Wiggly. I'm sure some of you are going WTF is Piggly Wiggly! hee

Wheeeeee! I know Piggly Wiggly! In fact, I had to stop and take a picture of the first one I saw in NC. Went in one once and they sold some weird shit, like a full pig's head. I guess that's a southern thing too? :whistling-1:

What the hell is going on around here... all these hookups

And Scarlett keeps trying to give Solo to someone which is cracking me up.

*waves to Solo*

Some people even seem to think he's misrepresented himself in some way over the years. I'm not judging, or at least I'm trying not to, but I'm just really quite surprised and a bit overwhelmed at some of what I'm reading.
Stop reading. :shrug:
I'll try. :10:

Makes me wonder if I've wandered into an alternate universe. I guess I shouldn't be surprised by anything anymore.
Repeat after me, "I will not go to the skeery places! I will not go to the skeery places! I will not go to the skeery places!"

:cryingwlaughter: OK, OK, I will not go to skeery places. I will stop reading. Repeat 500 times. Might work for a day or two. ;)

So, canfly, how you liking this linear thread thing? :clay:

OK the freaking cat is all better. I didn't get any sleep last night for him purring and licking me and I finally gave up before 6 am and got up and fed him. LOL. How fast things get back to normal. :cryingwlaughter:

Wheeeeee! I know Piggly Wiggly! In fact, I had to stop and take a picture of the first one I saw in NC. Went in one once and they sold some weird shit, like a full pig's head. I guess that's a southern thing too? :whistling-1:

Holy Crap, Woman!

What was that? 30 years ago?

Eep!

Nope. Nuttin like that at My PW!

Oh. Opening Weekend for the store there was Mr. Pig (man in a pink fuzzy pig suit) walking around waving at everybody. That's about it.

:cryingwlaughter:

At least I didn't see any avacodos.

:lmaosmiley-1:

Drive-by posting. Belated THANK YOU's and :F_05BL17blowkiss: to OOlsee and Cotton for your wonderful posts from last night. I think I'm going to need to print both of them out and read....and reread......and reread them, when I start to get weak and allow myself to get down about everything. My cousin and I had a three-way (phone conversation, you sluts!) with one of our friends last night where we hashed out a lot of our feelings from the past week. It was tremendously helpful! We're going to make an attempt to get together sometime this month to, as she put it, "Talk and laugh and eat some crap and hug really hard." I think that's probably the best medicine for all of us!

Damn, why do I have to go to work??? Oh yeah- to get the money to do multiples of Clay the next time he's out there singing for US! Have a great day FCA!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Ansa, I think it's you and me....together. Considering that we suprasekrit text each other almost every day (OK, so it's actually gmail chat, but still....), I think we were meant to be together. :F_05BL17blowkiss: :cryingwlaughter:

And whomever hooked up with my twin, keepingfaith, be careful with her. I love her and I don't want her to be hurt.

I've been watching reruns of "Hill Street Blues" with my hubby these past few weeks, so I'll leave you with this: "Let's be careful out there."

I'm not hooking up with anyone.

I have committment issues.

I prefer to play the field.

My favorite Spam song is I'm All Alone.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Jaymes..... I have found myself having the wackiest thoughts about her. Totally unfounded ideas, based on tabloid trash. That makes no sense. I was never vulnerable to that sort of crap before. So I'm going to erase them from my brain. Whatever. For whatever reason. Whether it's true (I'm still wondering). They're just living their lives.

Clay, when you're feeling rested, please come back into the limelight. It would be great to see you. It might bring things back into balance to be reminded of who you are. Bring Jaymes with you if you like.

Someone mentioned seeing a post at the OFC regarding the statistics around risk for mothers in the age-50 range (I still do not believe Jaymes true age is 50). I think this is probably the one, and I thought it was very good and very thought-provoking, so I'm bringing it over from CV, from Permaswooned:

Many of you know that I work in medical research. In our Center, a lot of what is considered the "regulatory" work falls in my domain. When we are proposing to do a new study, it falls to me to put together all of the information that needs to go into our application. I need to present all the information necessary for the committee that reviews and approves all studies involving human subjects to be sure they protect these people's safety. I have to review a lot of documentation on any previous studies that have been done with a new drug or procedure and quantify any previous problems or possible side-effects....for instance: 2% of all people in previous studies experienced headache, etc.

One of my other responsibilities is to write the "Informed Consent" forms that explain the study to potential participants. It's pretty challenging. Our institution requires that a lot of technical jargon become understandable at a 6th grade reading level. Not an easy task. Besides explaining the nature of the study and all of the procedures involved, I have to explain in minute detail any possible risks. There is a section for general risks, one for specific procedures, and ALWAYS there is a section on possible risks to pregnant women and their fetuses.

I was writing a new consent today, and this section was actually pretty easy since we are only performing breathing tests for this particular study, and though it might make someone feel a bit winded while performing the tests, there are no dangers to Moms-to-be or babies-to-be.

However, it made me think about all the passing remarks about high-risk pregnancy, fertility procedures, etc. Maybe this is more interesting to me because of my own battle with infertility. I didn't have to go through the full gamut of high-tech medicine, but I think I can say with some assurance that without the help available at that time for infertile couples, I wouldn't have my daughter today. Interestingly, once I had her my body seemed to remember how it was supposed to work and I had no trouble conceiving my son. Still, it took close to 4 years to win that first battle. I have always considered her my miracle baby. We sort of made up her name, so we figured we could make up it's meaning as well. To us, her name means "Gift of God".

Whatever the rest of the story is, no one from ANY camp has denied that Jaymes is pregnant. Plus, when that scan from People magazine showed up in the full size scan, I looked at that skinny little butt and those skinny little legs and that rather major protuberance in the front, and it sure says "pregnant" to me.

Anyhoo, because I AM a researcher and interested in statistics and probabilities, I was curious about pregnancies for women older than the norm and it was a real eye opener. However it came about, I would tend to think everyone involved might well view this as something of a miracle. And I can MORE than understand why the stance was to say nothing about it up to now, and why no one wants to comment until after the birth. A person (or couple) would need to be very brave (in my view) and utterly committed to attempt a pregnancy at 50. I am not trying to build a picture of Jaymes' individual situation per se, just share some information about the challenges of pregnancy at that age.

A few factoids:

**The chances of a woman of 50 becoming pregnant with no intervention of any kind are considered "virtually zero". Well, OK, it's something like 1/10 of 1%, but those odds are pretty daunting. The hormones necessary to stimulate release of a viable egg and to build an adequate uterine lining to nurture such a little egglet are generally just not there. So, at the very least, a lot of hormones are necessary to boost the chances.

**IVF is most commonly used if a hopeful Mom-to-be is trying to use her own eggs at that age. The rate for some type of chromosomal abnormalities at that age is 1 in 7 pregnancies. By using IVF, many of these damaged eggs can be detected ahead of time and the most viable can be selected.

**The rate of miscarriage for pregnancy in a woman of 50 using her own eggs is 75%. SEVENTY-FIVE PERCENT!!. Individuals in this situation must be holding their breath for months!!

**The statistics for women of this age using donor eggs are much better...in fact, in most ways as far as the baby-to-be is concerned, close to what would be expected for Mom's in the age range of donor Moms (usually about 24 to 30).

However, such an expectant Mom is still not out of the woods:

**The rate of gestational diabetes is at least twice the rate that is seen in women under 40

**The rate of pre-eclampsia or eclampsia (malignant high blood pressure) is considerably higher than in women under 40

**The majority of these births occur via Caesarean section, a bit early, since the hormone levels begin to fall affecting the placenta. That can bring about the full range of potential problems seen in preemies.

**Unfortunately, the rate of stillbirths in women in the neighborhood of 50 are up to 20 to 25% higher than in younger women.

Having children is the greatest joy I have experienced and I went to some lengths to become a Mom, but I'm pretty sure I could never have been so brave. Having them in my 30's was enough of a challenge.

My hope is that in bringing these statistics to the board my intentions are understood and acceptable. I'm not trying to divine or speculate on the particulars in this case. Many people seem to have difficulty explaining to themselves or others "Why use AI?" if that indeed is true. Well, because that method of conception (or one even more advanced) is the norm, not the exception, at that age. It rarely would have ANYTHING to do with the father. Also, a "project" of this magnitude can be "under construction" for quite some time. If it works at all, it's sort of a miracle, and not really something that could be scheduled with confidence around such things as tours, Broadway runs, CD recording and promotion, etc.

Whatever the truth in the matter of Jaymes' pregnancy, I can only pray for her safety and that of her child-to-be. I can more than understand why everyone who loves and cares for her would want to protect her and the baby at all costs. I can understand why ANY kind of statement would be postponed until the baby is safely born. The birth of this obviously much wanted baby takes precedence (IMHO) over any type of fan concerns at this point. However those involved in the situation decide to handle it is more than fine with me. After all, I'll always love Clay no matter what. He's embedded in my heart now.

for Jaymes and the baby

FromClaygary, when my mom had me at 42 it was considered to be such a blessing. I'm not sure the eHP would call it that but she had 2 friends in the same age group who tried that same year and lost their little ones. Yes, it's not an easy thing even in this country and with today's technology; they need all the love, support and good thoughts they can get!

Because I've been there, I'm more concerned about the child. People tend to be overprotective when a pregnancy is particularly difficult. C&J are great people so I think they'll be fine, however some people may view this as a 2nd coming (or 3rd if they think Clay's the 2nd).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, life. One day you're humming "I'm All Alone" with duckyvee and today...

*googling for the nearest abandoned polygamist camp -- good thing I live in Texas*

What the hell is going on around here... all these hookups
What should we name our polygamist camp FCA spa?!!

Too bad it's already June -- I was going to say, "It's May, it's May, the lusty month of May"

Hey wait! I'm not sloppy seconds to Solo, am I???? Hmmm....must ponder this new development....... :whistling-1: Why is Scarlett giving her away? I think we need a press release on this - and soon! Scarlett, I'll have my people contact your people and we'll come up with something.... :lipstick:
2nd place could be a marvelous thing!!! and besides... love is lovelier the 2nd time around...

Instead of a press release, let's just have KAndre sells it to PH's site -- she's close enough to be credible and yet cast some doubt. We can use the proceeds to buy cat food for all y'all's (plural) cats, so they'll stop biting me.

Scarlett said:

You and kf can share Dylan, I'll take the Wallflowers.

Oh you don't get away with that! When I said I love Dylan, I meant Jakob too! My favorite Wallflowers song for the last ten years has been 6th Avenue Heartache and some days I simply MUST hear it!

I saw them just once when they swung through town but it was enough!!! :arrowed:*carefully smooths out the concert T-shirt to wear to kimiye's partay* :F_05BL17blowkiss:

bwah... YAY, someone likes me; they really like me. heee

hey maybe I could come visit the jersey LOL

Oooooh, sharing jerseys now, are we?

All these hook ups are making me jellus. *waves to Solo*

<snip>

OK the freaking cat is all better. I didn't get any sleep last night for him purring and licking me and I finally gave up before 6 am and got up and fed him. LOL. How fast things get back to normal. :cryingwlaughter:

*makes sure to set aside a place in the polygamist camp for KAndre's, luckiest's and Iseeme's cats.*

Need to bring these posts over from yesterday...

Gibby and Cotton, thanks for the explanations about Clay's voice. I have to admit that I've been playing hooky lately and listening to this guy (who's Australian BTW, Hee!) who I think, after reading Cotton's post, swings between his head and chest voice as easily as Clay runs his hand through his hair. Cotton, can you check this song (Bui-doi) and let me know if that's what you were talking about?

Wow!

I would never have heard this and I loved it. It sounds like something from Musical Theater - I want to see the show! HAHA

Yes, I think he does travel from chest through to head voice without an obvious break.

Although part of that may actually be the melody itself not hitting the difficult "break". I don't know if that makes sense. Maybe Gibby can help.

But - vocalist have a note - or three - which is their break. And if a melody line doesn't hit that "break", the singer may not have trouble with the transition.

???

Clear as mud?

But thank you for linking that. It was lovely and I plan to listen again!

I dunno - me personally, I like a lot of old school trained voices and also good perfection - roughness or imperfection in and of themselves don't thrill me or add authenticity to me (which is also why I hate that "antiquing" stuff - you know, battering a perfectly good new piece to make it look like something you should throw away - I like shiny and new looking! I like old that looks like you took freaking care of it. And "homemade" looking stuff - I can't get past the fact if you were really skilled, it would look perfect. But then again, I don't mind machine made either.).

If the performance called for a different texture on purpose, that's different - but just sounding bad due to poor technique or lack of talent (not Clay, people!) just doesn't whip my panties off. It's like the only song I like by Bob Dylan sung by Bob Dylan is the one where he has the flash cards. I think he's singing. Otherwise, I especially like his stuff when other people are singing it. Like the Animals. I know, kf, I know - I'm a TOTAL heathen.

Me, I fuckin' love the pretty. And Clay brings the pretty consistantly.

I just loved this post.

I don't think Clay always sings perfectly. I don't expect him to.

That doesn't stop me from cringing when his voice cracks.

One thing I don't think he ever does - is lose pitch. But I admire that he sings live. When you hear Clay in concert, you know you're hearing Clay in the here and now!

I love that.

And I love his interpretive skills. He is an amazing actor in song, if you will.

And he can vary his treatment so much from one song to the next.

I mentioned favorite notes this morning. So - I listened to MOAM this morning on the way to work. I forget how much I love this album. I do. I loved it the first time I heard it and revisiting it this morning, I find I love it still.

Fav. Note - one of them - SONG - in NMSS. It's at the end. The 4th from the last time he sings the word "song" - with a bell like clarity and a bit of vibrato. Very nice.

Although I love some of his "HOLDS", the long-assed notes that I can eat an apple in the time he holds the, I also love the way he can power a note, then feather off of it with a whisper or a breathy cry. Lord he can make love with his voice.

I've been surfing around a bit and I'm reading some angst about whether or not Clay is OK. There seems to be a prevailing feeling that if he'd just blog, or make a statement, or something, it'd make things better, ease some minds. Help people stop worrying about him, stop perhaps believing some of the seedier versions of the story floating around out there. Some people even seem to think he's misrepresented himself in some way over the years. He is the same man he's always been. Give him time to deal with this in his own way, the way that is best for him, for Jaymes, and for the baby (regardless of paternity). I just hope the fandom at large can have a little faith in him.

luckiest, this is where I'm having trouble, too.

I'm thinking - "What?! You think he's betrayed you somehow? "

I just shake my head.

You know what I think Clay's trouble is?

I think he's too damned progressive.

He has a broader view of the world. How is that possible for a lowly North Carolina guy? An ordinary guy who was going to college and decided to enter reality show/talent contest?

But he is. Progressive. Religious, yet open to a variety of religious views.

Very aware of current events. Opinionated, yet accepting of a variety of opinions from others. Doesn't seem to be judgmental, yet has high expectations of people. Patient with people with learning differences. Impatient with laziness and unprofessionalism and intolerance. Injustice.

He's intelligent. He's a character. He has a wild sense of humor that sometimes doesn't translate in print.

And - then - he sings "off the chain"!

People are just used to celebrities who are less substance. More shallow.

Especially as young as he is.

It throws people.

And some people just don't see the intelligence and the snark. Some people don't recognize sincerity.

So - I guess they are right. He's odd.

And some people are just greedy bastards who want to sell magazines and papers and they aren't even aware enough of the world to see consequences. Others just don't give a damn.

I think I like odd. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I still wanna hit somebody.

Still waiting for suggestions.

:cryingwlaughter:

ETA:

Geez!

That turned out to be War and Peace! :lmaosmiley-1:

I loved your post. And you said the stuff about his voice much better than I could. And what you said about Clay, the man, was just perfect.

Are you already taken? I get so confused on who is with who on this board. And then you start talking about sharing and stuff. I'm rather monogomous myself.

I have no idea what you meant with that comment. I was merely saying I believed what he said. Of course people change with time and maybe he did learn to love avocados but it was just a silly example.....sheesh! My point was I've always believed him when he said he wanted a family and children. HIS idea of what that meant isn't necessarily what MY idea is of what that meant.......so I don't feel he was misrepresenting himself. I might have been projecting.

Heee....I don't think it happens here, but on other boards there really are people who believe that since Clay joked about not liking avocados:

He will never eat them ever

He would never have a relationship with an avocado lover

He would never eat in a restaurant that serves avocados

He would never buy a house with an avocado tree in the yard

The nutrient content of avocados is listed and Clay is reprimanded for not eating them

And is sent books and lists about what he should eat

Faye will be blamed for Clay not liking avocados

Faye just prolly prepared avocados incorrectly when Clay was a poor pitiful child, because those southerners don't know how to fix or appreciate good food

Clay is only saying he doesn't like avocados because he wants the California Avocado Association to pay big bucks for him to recant and say he loves them now

Saying he hates avocados is a sekrit signal to fake baby mamas

Saying he hates avocados means some tortuous intrusive clue about Santa M.....sorry, just typing that makes me pukle

Saying he hates avocados means he is leaving RCA

There will be a thread at OFC denouncing his disdain for avocados

There will be a thread at OFC praising him for hating avocados and showing support for Cesar Chavez

I honestly could continue for another 20 minutes, but SOME people have deliberately and willfully chosen to regard my humorous sense of irony as, um, sarcasm......

If he is seen eating avocado:

He is a liar

He prolly lied about OTHER STUFF TOO

He has betrayed his fans, who have given up avocados in a show of support

Some of us just get an uncontrollable tic when we hear how Clay hates something :-O

(edited because my sense of irony does not reside in a bone in my arm)

I don't post here often, mainly because I usually don't have the time to keep up, but I just had to pop in and say this is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time! I had to read it to my DH - a Clay fan as well. :cryingwlaughter:

I don't post here often, mainly because I usually don't have the time to keep up, but I just had to pop in and say this is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time! I had to read it to my DH - a Clay fan as well. :cryingwlaughter:

Not only is your husband a Clay fan, but he is also KAndre's Random Cute Guy! :)

FromClaygary, when my mom had me at 42 it was considered to be such a blessing. I'm not sure the eHP would call it that but she had 2 friends in the same age group who tried that same year and lost their little ones. Yes, it's not an easy thing even in this country and with today's technology; they need all the love, support and good thoughts they can get!

Because I've been there, I'm more concerned about the child. People tend to be overprotective when a pregnancy is particularly difficult. C&J are great people so I think they'll be fine, however some people may view this as a 2nd coming (or 3rd if they think Clay's the 2nd).

Yes, from what I hear about Chamberlin Clay is already extremely protective with him :lol: so I can't imagine with his very, very own child....

I would LOVE to see pictures but I'm not sure that we're gunnah.

As the child of a Mom who had me when she was 46 (MANY more years ago than you were born!) I can relate! I think in her case, though, it was more by accident than design. One of those there freaks of nature :lol:

In any case, I will definitely be praying hard that all of this turmoil does not affect Jaymes.

PS Scarlett! One benefit of the back problems I've been having...I've gotten lots of things done for the Etsy site! Sure hope it's still a go for this Fall :lol:

Good morning. Getting ready to head out to Lake Tahoe again for 4 days. I'm almost skeered to leave. I'll be 65 miles from a computer and we all know what happened the last time I did this! I'll be approaching my computer with extreme caution when I tip toe back in to my office on Monday morning!

Waves to Scarlett :F_05BL17blowkiss: Second can be a wonderful thing.....

Ruben - love the guy! And I think he's a true friend. I bet there was a phone call at some point though with a "WTF, Aiken!"

Perma's post - saw it last night and was fearful of bringing it over here since the last time I mentioned age and at-risk pregnancies I came out looking like spaghetti sauce (without the sausage!) IIT (If it's true!) this was not a one night stand, that's for sure. Sounds like it could have been a verrrra verrrrra long process! Also wondering about Paxil and if that causes ummm challenges and when did he go off it and ....yeah, other intrusive questions like that!

Is it okay to say sausage around Muski?

So TTFN and I'll see y'all on Monday.

remembers Random Cute Guy with extreme fondness...

Just sayin, this polygamist camp FCA spa better have a real spa in it - with real hot masseuses...camp my butt...

plays the field with duckyvee...

And you know perfectly well, the cat was just tasting you - stop looking so tasty and you won't have these problems!

Scarlett, I now have Bui-Doi downloaded to my iTunes.

Oops.

Guess I just participated in the downfall of the music industry, no?

Just went right out and stole that tune!

*Cottonlooksaroundforillegalmusicdownloadcopstohaulheroff*

It was nice knowing y'all!

Not only is your husband a Clay fan, but he is also KAndre's Random Cute Guy! :)

hee please explain...

waves to saltie!!