#34: So, how about that Clay Aiken?

Ansamcw

Thread Title  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• You mean, it?s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?
    • But I swear I tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • Tulibu dibu douchou
    • Until he starts singing with it though, it's a non-issue for me.
    • I guess I'll stay a Clay fan as imperfect as he is just because I'm imperfect too and he sings so good.
    • IF IF IF IF IF
    • IF IF IF IF IF uh
    • Clay is not just marching to a different drummer, he has a whole new fabulous marching band!
    • I'd still be a fan of anything else he may sprinkle his magic on.

I have come to the conclusion that they are more sad for themselves than for Clay because their dreams and fantasies have been shattered. ........

I think a lot of the anger directed at Jaymes is again...because she stole the fantasy...the older woman-younger man scenario has been played out for the last 5 years on the boards and she may actually be living that fantasy and maybe it is not so much fun to fantasize when it is a reality. Not sure if that makes any sense..but just the feeling I have been getting.

That's some conclusion Kim.

A fantasy is just that....fantasy. I don't personally know of any person in the fandom who ever seriously thought the fantasy could become a reality. I know many, many people who have shared fantasies about Clay on the boards and I never once thought they were serious. It's more of a running joke, something we 'play' at. You know, lighthearted levity?

I can't think of any sane person that would seriously be angry with Jaymes because she 'stole' Clay from them. Clay could publicly announce that he's flaming gay and has a harem of 12 young men and it wouldn't interrupt my fantasy at all, much less the announcement that he's going to have a child with Jaymes. In my fantasy we're both single, he's straight, I'm young, firm, intelligent and beautiful and the sex is smokin' hot.

Oh, I know that there are a few fans out there who are totally nucking futs - we all know who they are - but 99.9% of the fans are just playing. In my opinion.

You misinterpreted what I said; I don't think anyone thought that they really had a chance with Clay but they enjoyed fantasizing about him; maybe now that there is a possibility of Clay having a relationship with Jaymes; it isn't so much fun fantasizing...maybe it would be a little uncomfortable for some to smut knowing Clay is in a relationship.

maybe it would be a little uncomfortable for some to smut knowing Clay is in a relationship

Oh, doubties for some......I bet the surveillance was ramped up. I hate that I know ANY of his personal life, right now, it is all so intrusive, and some think they are entitled to it for the cost of a CD or concert ticket.

There is an element in the fandom that find fault with any woman witin 10 feet of Clay =- they hate his mother, they hated fran, they hated Suzzane and the otehr friends, they were always incompetent. The same people ahte Quiana and Angela.

I do think there are a few females that can't stand women in general. I know I have run into that in real life. I swore one person working for me (and making my life and living hell) was talking to her boyfiriend, and almost fainted when I heard her hang up saying good bye daddy. The next day I heard her on the phone talking to her mother and her voice dripped with contempt. I had a talk with her because her work was just so bad and tald her off the record that this was one office the promoted by performance since it was run mostly by women. She thanked me and found another job I met her on the street months later and she thanked me for gettng her out of a dead end job, she was working in an office full of men and they doted over her. No women were ever mean to her, there were a few guys, but they were mostly just married and very into their wives, she just could not take it and thought we were being mean by asking her to do her own work and to do it without spending the day on the phone. Icould not leave until she left because I had to make sure she finished, so it was a releif when I got a trustable young woman to replace her.

So it is a just saying. This is a diverse fandom

You know, I've seen just about everything expressed today......anger, jealousy, comtempt, agendas, conspiracy theories, you name it, it's out there. A lot of it is just whacked, IMO. I just have to believe that if people can allow themselves to get so upset and worked up over something that we don't even know is true, it might be better if they took a step back. If it means they decide not to be a fan anymore, so be it. If not this, then the next thing would probably push their buttons. There is always going to be something. I'm not saying that everyone has to agree with or be happy with what Clay says, does, records, etc etc etc.....of course not, and most of the discussion has been very good and therapeutic even.....but the level of emotion I've seen in the odd post around the boards today has been eye-opening. Skeery even.

I hope the fans, as a group, can mostly band together in love and support for Clay & Jaymes & the baby, whatever the circumstances. And I think that is what is ultimately happening, although it's been a bit of a slow process. I'm feeling a lot more positive about it tonight than I was earlier today. I am just too thin skinned.....I really know better than to venture outside of this safe haven.

maybe it would be a little uncomfortable for some to smut knowing Clay is in a relationship

:huh:

:thsigns053:

Muski splashes cold water on her face to make sure she's awake and rereads this...

:cryingwlaughter:

:lmaosmiley-1:

:hahaha:

:funny:

:laught31:

Lawdy! That ain't me! Hell, my fantasies have always had Clay in a relationship with somebody----

ME!

:sleezy:

:huh:

:thsigns053:

Muski splashes cold water on her face to make sure she's awake and rereads this...

:cryingwlaughter:

:lmaosmiley-1:

:hahaha:

:funny:

:laught31:

Lawdy! That ain't me! Hell, my fantasies have always had Clay in a relationship with somebody----

ME!

:sleezy:

Just me thinking out loud and I am probably way off base as usual...just really don't know what to make of some of the extreme reactions to Jaymes.

And that will be my last foray into trying to psychoanalyze the fandom.

Glad to know we can still count on you!

Kim

You know, I've seen just about everything expressed today......anger, jealousy, comtempt, agendas, conspiracy theories, you name it, it's out there. A lot of it is just whacked, IMO. I just have to believe that if people can allow themselves to get so upset and worked up over something that we don't even know is true, it might be better if they took a step back. If it means they decide not to be a fan anymore, so be it. If not this, then the next thing would probably push their buttons. There is always going to be something. I'm not saying that everyone has to agree with or be happy with what Clay says, does, records, etc etc etc.....of course not, and most of the discussion has been very good and therapeutic even.....but the level of emotion I've seen in the odd post around the boards today has been eye-opening. Skeery even.

I hope the fans, as a group, can mostly band together in love and support for Clay & Jaymes & the baby, whatever the circumstances. And I think that is what is ultimately happening, although it's been a bit of a slow process. I'm feeling a lot more positive about it tonight than I was earlier today. I am just too thin skinned.....I really know better than to venture outside of this safe haven.

It feels a little fame-ho-ish to bring over something I posted elsewhere, but you seem to be saying what I'm thinking today, so here goes. keepingfaith, I think the concept of "my people" is spreading to other boards. I really like that sentiment, by the way.

From the CH:

propounder wrote:

And now is the time Clay needs all the love and positive energy he can get. It is also the time many of us feel the need to send him our love and support, regardless of our personal beliefs and opinions on the recently "reported" event.

Thanks for posting this. Wonderful sentiments.

Last night, I didn't post some thoughts I was having because it seemed like bad timing with the lovely humor going on...But your post resonated with me. Here’s what I’ve been mulling over.

When people harshly criticize or otherwise attack someone dear to me...even if I understand the criticism, I don't forget for a moment that they are MY person. I will stand my ground behind them, even if they or others expect me to back away or abandon them in anger or shame. My grandpa said, “Families may fight each other, but hurt one of us and you fight us all.”

Whatever my opinion about Clay's life decisions may be, he is MY guy. It feels like a distressingly short step before the sentiments of "this situation is weird/creepy" become "CLAY is weird/creepy". The tabloids, the public, and fans are free to use unflattering descriptors about him for their own reasons...but dammit, even if those labels were true (and I don’t see the situation or him that way at ALL), he would still be MY GUY. I may not “know him”…but I love him. He may not need me…but I claim HIM.

Likewise, I believe Jaymes (and the rest of Clay's close associates) are probably HIS. One by one, as people have passed in and out of Clay's sphere, some have become part of his inner circle. It seems reasonable that if I claim HIM as "one of mine" and he claims THEM, then, by extension, I claim them, too. A few weeks ago, Jaymes wasn't even on my radar. Now she is. My feelings about her may change as I find out more about her, but today, unless she does something personally offensive or hurtful to me, my acceptance expands to include those who matter to him. This would seem particularly appropriate if their connection proves to involve a child. Don't have to know her or like her...but for me, if time proves she's HIS, then she's also MINE.

I don't expect those with a more detached view of the man to feel the same way. And, of course, people are free to like or dislike anyone they choose, regardless of their role in Clay's life. And say so. But as someone who admits to being emotionally invested in this fascinating stranger, it feels natural for me to think of him, and those he cares about, in personal terms such as "family", "loyalty", "support", and "love".

There are all kinds of personal/professional associations where strangers feel bonds of kinship toward each other. People in that kinship tend to stand by each other. This man, his circle, these fans...feels like one of those associations for me. So, before, "circling the wagons" was for Clay alone. Now, it feels as if the media "enemy" is striking at the flank, where perhaps the defenses are not as strong. Because this latest attack involves another person who is relatively unknown or even disliked and because his wishes and the truth are not yet known, the response has been somewhat scattered.

At one time, Clay fans had a reputation for leaping ferociously to his defense for every real or perceived insult in the media. Over time, this tendency has waned, which in many ways is a very positive thing. But…I wonder if the media sees this as a loss of support, believing they are succeeding in fracturing the resilient bonds of this diverse fandom. Is he finally friendless? Let’s just see! The tabloids strike, the fans recoil in shock and confusion. Will the line waver and fall back? Or close ranks?

From Pickett's Charge

…with the desperation of fiends, on the enemy came. They poured in a terrible fire upon us. We answered it with another more terrible...<snip>... We sprang to our feet...<snip>....Eye met eye, will met will, bayonet stood off bayonet.

Then, like an aspen leaf in the breeze, their line trembled and wavered. A shout rang out loud and clear, "they waver; give them a cheer;" and louder and sharper and more terrible than a crash of musketry, a cheer that shook the very earth went up from 10,000 throats. That cheer struck terror into the heart of the wavering foe...<snip>...

We waited their coming with perfect confidence, and then poured such a withering fire into their ranks, and met them with such a thundering cheer, that just before they reached where they stood before, they faltered, they broke and fled...<snip>...From that hour the glory and victory of the one, and the overthrow and disgrace of the other, was settled.

Clay doesn't seem to matter to his detractors as a person, which makes their corrosive tactics seem even more senseless. But what happens to Clay and those he cares about matters very much to me.

To me, the notion of 100 Meers is appealing, if only as a unified way to refresh optimism. It seems a good response, in times of discouragement and confusion, to turn and face the "enemy"...and CHEER.

P.S. I've heard there actually is a "circle the wagons" type thread at the OFC...but haven't a clue where it is. A-n-y-way...there is my profundity for the day. :)

P.P.S. The possibility of Clay being in a relationship in NO WAY interferes with my ability to think smuttily. Smuttily. Is that a word?

Clay doesn't seem to matter to his detractors as a person, which makes their corrosive tactics seem even more senseless.

After visiting a couple of boards today, I think some of his fans don't think of him as a person, either!

aikim....please don't take my silly post personally. I wasn't trying to judge YOUR ideas...I was just being...well, silly and smutty.

Isn't that my job here? :unsure:

Besides, I AM jealous if indeed Jaymes is one of my story heroines, damn it! Maybe if I take out all the laughing emoticons, the post won't seem so much a reaction to the post itself?

Well, anyway...just know that I wasn't making fun of you OR your idea---I happen to agree with that possibility for some fans, actually.

Don't look at ME, dang it!

:whistling-1:

Kicks the sparkly notebook filled with "Mrs. bottlecap Aiken" practice signatures and heart doodles under the bed and hastily minimizes the photoshopped bride and groom pictures.

:whistling-1: Fantasies? What fantasies?

00lsee--I read your post on CH and love you because you're articulate and thoughtful in your posts. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Also because you continue along your way as smuttily as ever. :sleezy:

aikim....please don't take my silly post personally. I wasn't trying to judge YOUR ideas...I was just being...well, silly and smutty.

Isn't that my job here? :unsure:

Besides, I AM jealous if indeed Jaymes is one of my story heroines, damn it! Maybe if I take out all the laughing emoticons, the post won't seem so much a reaction to the post itself?

Well, anyway...just know that I wasn't making fun of you OR your idea---I happen to agree with that possibility for some fans, actually.

Don't look at ME, dang it!

:whistling-1:

Oh I wasn't taking your post seriously...I love your posts; they always make me laugh. Just poking myself, really.

Kim

golf8.jpg

That is most DEFINITELY a real person!!!!

Ooooh! Pokey chest hairs! :hubbahubba:

And thus wrote muskifest, smuittily.

Yes, it is a word, according to dictionary.com. Heh.

I love that man's smile.

00lsee, your words are beautiful. Thank you. OTOH, if he's YOUR guy -- do you share? Please say yes.

It feels a little fame-ho-ish to bring over something I posted elsewhere, but you seem to be saying what I'm thinking today, so here goes. keepingfaith, I think the concept of "my people" is spreading to other boards. I really like that sentiment, by the way.

From the CH:

propounder wrote:

And now is the time Clay needs all the love and positive energy he can get. It is also the time many of us feel the need to send him our love and support, regardless of our personal beliefs and opinions on the recently "reported" event.

Last night, I didn't post some thoughts I was having because it seemed like bad timing with the lovely humor going on...But your post resonated with me. Here’s what I’ve been mulling over.

When people harshly criticize or otherwise attack someone dear to me...even if I understand the criticism, I don't forget for a moment that they are MY person. I will stand my ground behind them, even if they or others expect me to back away or abandon them in anger or shame. My grandpa said, “Families may fight each other, but hurt one of us and you fight us all.”

Whatever my opinion about Clay's life decisions may be, he is MY guy. It feels like a distressingly short step before the sentiments of "this situation is weird/creepy" become "CLAY is weird/creepy". The tabloids, the public, and fans are free to use unflattering descriptors about him for their own reasons...but dammit, even if those labels were true (and I don’t see the situation or him that way at ALL), he would still be MY GUY. I may not “know him”…but I love him. He may not need me…but I claim HIM.

Likewise, I believe Jaymes (and the rest of Clay's close associates) are probably HIS. One by one, as people have passed in and out of Clay's sphere, some have become part of his inner circle. It seems reasonable that if I claim HIM as "one of mine" and he claims THEM, then, by extension, I claim them, too. A few weeks ago, Jaymes wasn't even on my radar. Now she is. My feelings about her may change as I find out more about her, but today, unless she does something personally offensive or hurtful to me, my acceptance expands to include those who matter to him. This would seem particularly appropriate if their connection proves to involve a child. Don't have to know her or like her...but for me, if time proves she's HIS, then she's also MINE.

I don't expect those with a more detached view of the man to feel the same way. And, of course, people are free to like or dislike anyone they choose, regardless of their role in Clay's life. And say so. But as someone who admits to being emotionally invested in this fascinating stranger, it feels natural for me to think of him, and those he cares about, in personal terms such as "family", "loyalty", "support", and "love".

There are all kinds of personal/professional associations where strangers feel bonds of kinship toward each other. People in that kinship tend to stand by each other. This man, his circle, these fans...feels like one of those associations for me. So, before, "circling the wagons" was for Clay alone. Now, it feels as if the media "enemy" is striking at the flank, where perhaps the defenses are not as strong. Because this latest attack involves another person who is relatively unknown or even disliked and because his wishes and the truth are not yet known, the response has been somewhat scattered.

At one time, Clay fans had a reputation for leaping ferociously to his defense for every real or perceived insult in the media. Over time, this tendency has waned, which in many ways is a very positive thing. But…I wonder if the media sees this as a loss of support, believing they are succeeding in fracturing the resilient bonds of this diverse fandom. Is he finally friendless? Let’s just see! The tabloids strike, the fans recoil in shock and confusion. Will the line waver and fall back? Or close ranks?

From Pickett's Charge

…with the desperation of fiends, on the enemy came. They poured in a terrible fire upon us. We answered it with another more terrible...<snip>... We sprang to our feet...<snip>....Eye met eye, will met will, bayonet stood off bayonet.

Then, like an aspen leaf in the breeze, their line trembled and wavered. A shout rang out loud and clear, "they waver; give them a cheer;" and louder and sharper and more terrible than a crash of musketry, a cheer that shook the very earth went up from 10,000 throats. That cheer struck terror into the heart of the wavering foe...<snip>...

We waited their coming with perfect confidence, and then poured such a withering fire into their ranks, and met them with such a thundering cheer, that just before they reached where they stood before, they faltered, they broke and fled...<snip>...From that hour the glory and victory of the one, and the overthrow and disgrace of the other, was settled.

Clay doesn't seem to matter to his detractors as a person, which makes their corrosive tactics seem even more senseless. But what happens to Clay and those he cares about matters very much to me.

To me, the notion of 100 Meers is appealing, if only as a unified way to refresh optimism. It seems a good response, in times of discouragement and confusion, to turn and face the "enemy"...and CHEER.

P.S. I've heard there actually is a "circle the wagons" type thread at the OFC...but haven't a clue where it is. A-n-y-way...there is my profundity for the day. :)

P.P.S. The possibility of Clay being in a relationship in NO WAY interferes with my ability to think smuttily. Smuttily. Is that a word?

00lsee... I read this at CH and LOVED it. Thanks for bringing it over so I can thank you and tell you... I'm sharing if you don't mind. Clay and anyone he loves and cares about becomes MINE, too!

I wonder if some of the angst over this is from the abrupt way we were yanked from the high we had during Spamalot, to the promo, then we came down a little over CD sales, but this news (with the accompanying tabloid "proves he's gay" crap) and came out of nowhere and slammed many to the cement basement. I know I was not upset at the news at all, but I was depressed that such a good man was being torn apart again, especially with something that may not be true or if true, should have been totally private until they decided otherwise. Maybe part of the anger is directed at Clay and Jaymes instead of where it belongs.

Also, some could be covering fear of being embarrassed to be a fan or fear of losing him with anger and blame and judgement.

It's everyone's choice as to how they take this and how they discover, express and release their feelings. I can only do my own.

I was very happy to see the Cover The Wagon thread and wrote something yesterday.

I posted this over at CV also.

Totally OT.

The last few years I have capped Canadian Idol and shared it in the Clay Media Hub. I had the opportunity of chatting about this show each week with one of the people that really enjoyed the opportunity of seeing and Idol show from a different country. We chatted about it each week. Since things are slower at this point. I wanted to offer to share with whomever was interested at CV. I am not sure whether I would load pieces of each show to youtube and provide the links. That might be the easiest if they are small enough to load.

At any rate, I wanted to make the offer. It would be a bit of an effort on my part, but one that I'm willing to do, if there are a few people that would like to view it.

Wow you guys talk a lot!!!

it took me hours to catch up today and may I say it was a pleasure to do so. As an admin I would like to thank you all for making my life so easy. All kinds of opinions have been shared...people are not always agreeing, but the mod team has been pretty superfluous...thanks for all the thoughtful posts...

Lots of WORD all around.

Muski and Jenna...I pretty much agree with your scenarios. IF this is true and the AI and just friends angle is true...I think the one scenario I have a problem seeing is Clay asking Jaymes to do this cos he wants kids. I can't see him putting her in this position just because he wants kids. I can;t even see Jaymes asking Clay to do this. I think Jaymes wanted to have a baby but was having a hard time finding the dad or sperm donor. I can see Clay seeing his friends frustration and since also wanting a child of his own...decided to offer to have a child with her. Nobody asking anybody...just friends offering to share this wonderful experience.

Laughn...hope you are feeling better...

djs...that avocado thing was funny...

00lsee...thanks for sharing your thoughts.

From the CH:

propounder wrote:

From Pickett's Charge

WOW...word is all I can say. Great post. This is exactly how I felt when I posted a while ago about the problem I had with our local fan base while planning a concert preparty. They were MY people. My best friend was MY people. It was bad enough when 1-2 attacked me (my view) but when my best friend didn't defend me, I was crushed. And yes, a few in the group are way too invested in Clay and their fantasies. Now that the hurt is gone, I am so glad I am no longer part of that group.

Cheers everyone! :cocktail:

Liney - I think you made some good points. After ATDW it was kind of a let down with all the angst about Clive, RCA, sales, etc. Even though all signs pointed to Clay not going double platinum in 2 weeks, it was still kind of a downer. Many of us really had high hopes for his sophomore CD. When Clay got the gig with Spamalot and was nearly an instant success it kind of brought us all back to the glory days the first year or so after American Idol. We saw and heard so many good things about him, his voice, his talent and things were really looking up. And to top that off he was recording a new CD and seemed to be utterly thrilled about it. Then the CD came out and we loved it (or at least I did) Then reality hit. First week sales were not good (and that's relative, okay?) second week sales dropped 81% or something. Clay keeps saying how tired he is and has no plans to tour. This is very curious and seemed very strange but many (including myself) thought there was a higher plan he just wasn't talking about yet. Hah - was that prophetic or what! And then the bombshell hit. It was an awful lot to process and there was nothing coming from Clay or Jaymes to acknowledge it or refute it. Camps are divided here as to whether there should have been an announcement and I ain't going there. Some think it would have made a difference, some think it wouldn't have made a difference. In any case - we'll never know.

There was always chit chat about what would happen when Clay finally fell for someone and/or got married. This situation has trumped all of that!!! How would some of the fans handle it? Not well apparently - myself included when I was blindsided by the information 3 days after it came out. The not knowing what is truly going on or even if it is true (although it certainly seems that way) doesn't give anyone anything to accept. Jaymes is pregnant. That's all anybody knows. People can drive themselves crazy with the "what ifs" and the "whyfores" and the "how could hes!" It all doesn't matter though because Clay is going to do what he wants to do

It IS going to be a verra verra loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong couple of months.

And now for something completely different - really!

From the blogosphere.....

I could arrange the grocery store better than this

grocery_story_awkward.jpg

I should really caption this "Awkward situation that did happen." You know how sometimes you'll be followed by someone who isn't actually following you, but just happens to be going the same place as you are? Well, last Friday there was a guy at the grocery store who was shadowing me for about 20 feet as we walked past the frozen food and fish counter in tandem. I darted down this aisle to grab some tampons, figuring I'd lose him. I assumed he'd walk as briskly as possible away from the feminine hygiene products in silent horror. But no, instead he stopped directly behind me, only 3 feet away from the maxi pads.

I pretended to scan the labels, but I was completely distracted, as if his presence made me illiterate. I finally turned around to see what his damage was. That was when I saw him grab a bag of charcoal and make a hasty getaway towards the pet food section.

The store designers at Kroger seriously need to rethink the layout of aisle 11.

And how sad is it that I now carry a digital camera around in my purse just so I can photograph moments like this for my blog? This is surely one of the signs of blog addiction.

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

You know, I've seen just about everything expressed today......anger, jealousy, comtempt, agendas, conspiracy theories, you name it, it's out there. A lot of it is just whacked, IMO. <snip>

Me too! I've seen just about everything expressed today......anger, jealousy, comtempt, agendas, conspiracy theories, you name it, it's out there. Good thing I was watching DVDs instead of venturing outside FCA.

I'm not making fun of you luckiest (hugs!) nor anyone else nor pooh-poohing feelings; I just realize that I'm in a different stage compared to most (especially compared to OFC -- apparently, don't really know since I haven't visited in ages). I'm in my happy because:

1) I heard the news via PerusingOne and she knows how to get to the heart of the matter, skipping the angst but not the humor

2) I liked the first scenario presented -- lifelong friends deciding to have a child. Any other scenario from romantic love to mistletoe magic would work for me too mainly because C&J always seemed to care a lot about each other and probably provided support for each other through some v. rough times.

3) I usually get past things rather quickly (a~3 min for rage, 3 days for anger, 3 weeks for resentment), though I never stop ragging on reminding people (Solo, can I say Clio one more time?) about what they missed lessons learned. Works much better than botox too!

Honestly, I don't believe unconditional love exists except between mother and child. Sometimes between father and child but never between a man and a woman, friends and family outside the mother and child bond. Think about it. Relationships are always conditional.

My father loved me unconditionally. My mother--not even close. She loves me, deeply, but she just isn't able to feel unconditional love.

ETA: I don't think putting up with abuse is about unconditional love either--I think there's some disagreement here about what that term means. To me it means total acceptance of who you are as a person, loving you for exactly who you are, not for what you do or don't do--it doesn't mean taking a bunch of shit from someone cause you looooooove him.

I believe in unconditional love since I received it from both my parents -- what can I say, I was adorable. I think unconditional love is something one person gives another because of who they (the giver) are, not because of something the other person did. It may be rare but I think it exists beyond parents and children.

Yeah, the death of laughing at ourselves is what had me retreating from other boards - I am an equal opportunity mocker. But if you can't mock yourself with others, or take as good as you get, I think you're an ass and a hypocrit. One of the posters from the CH I miss dreadfully was madcowjj. One of my favorite skits was where she had Clay drop my fat, bitchy, fake hair wearing ass out of a window. Maybe accidentally on purpose. It was FUNNY. I am totally mockable! So is Clay, in so very many ways. Shut up, the ENTIRE eHP - but especially you, PerusingOne! There is STILL a huge element of silliness and downright insanity on this whole Clay fan thingie for me. Too many people take themselves too fucking seriously.
I remember that skit! ROTFL! Sure miss those days...

The joke goes - If a man wants to find out who loves him the most he should lock his dog and his wife in the trunk of his car. When he comes back an hour later - who is the happiest to see him! THAT is unconditional love..... Unfortunately marrying beasties is illegal in all 52 states and most foreign countries!
I was going to ask you out seeing as keepingfaith was still faithful to wandacleo, but I'm afraid basic geography is non-negotiable to me. Would you be willing to take classes? /jk LOL!

See, someone with unconditional love would say, "I'll go to Congress and create 2 more states just for you dear."

eh, I thought Dylan wrote House of the Rising Sun? You know I don't keep up with stuff like that.
You and kf can share Dylan, I'll take the Wallflowers.

Thanks once again for the movie advice, djs and jmh! And I also found a Blu-ray disk of Raul Esparza in Company, Eeeeeeee!!!

Ohhh Scarlett

See, someone with unconditional love would say, "I'll go to Congress and create 2 more states just for you dear."

I'm verklempt! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

(and I'll probably never live it down that I acquired 2 new states for the US!