#37: Whenever he's ready, I'm ready for whatever he's ready for.

Thread Title Poll  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness.
    • He is so sexay when he's following his Passion!!!
    • He looks really, really, really good while exuding all that good stuff.
    • One hawt hunk of packin' perfection!
    • He's a man of character and integrity and talent.
    • Kurei Eikun? I LOVE that guy!
    • Sometimes Clay is just the sex, YKWIM??

ldyjocelyn, yes I saw that too. I also read that her current CD had every song purchased for use in commercials which made the CD profitable no matter how many she actually sells.

Youtube has a commercial about Estonia in a foreign language that is using one of Clay's songs from the CD as background. And, from what I've read, he's getting decent radio play and chart placement in Korea and other countries, as well as sales promotions from BMG in the form of posters and postcards. so maybe there are revenue streams available from him that have an impact on the label's bottom line that are not obvious to us.

But the judges heard Him not and chose in His stead three harlots of Jezebel, two with hair of woven gold, the other one lacking a name.

I am laughing out loud at this. Never heard of Sucks but he or she is a comic genius. The "concubine Paula!" :cryingwlaughter:

ldyj - I so agree with you about it taking time. And we are an impatient bunch and I think it's because Clay had such astounding success right out of the blocks with MOAM. HE has even said people better not expect that every time. It's hard not to want the best for him though - especially when he put so much of himself in to OMWH. Hopefully it's "not dead yet!" (tm Not Dead Fred)

And I just got a phone call from my son that my 92 year old mother-in-law has been notified by CAL Fire to evacuate her home. My ex-husband is on his way (2 1/2 hour trip) and my bil is on his way (4 1/2 hour trip) and in the meantime the neighbors are trying to help her get her stuff together. Her house and property are about 45 minutes outside of Oroville in the Feather River area (frame of reference for Californians) I really feel awful for her - she's lived there for 62 years.... She's 6 hours from me or I'd be on my way!

ETA: Just reread my post and was struck by the fact that many quips and words from Spamalot are now part of our posting vocabulary....hee!

Muski - you and Claymatron are a match made in heaven! Trust me! And I mean that in the kindest possible way. Not sure about her photobucket but her imagination will make up for whatever pictures she doesn't have.

Iseeme, does this mean you willing to let Muski be my back-up bow tier? I had thought that job was yours and yours alone, but seeing that you belong to Scarlett and have Claygasm on a string in the wings now, I guess the job's up for grabs (if you'll forgive the pun! :whistling-1: )

That pic was v. nice, but this one's even better... he has a BEARD, almost. :beatingheart:

Speaking of suits and what makes them happy..(cough)... 0-5.jpg:hubbahubba:

ETA: Hope your MIL is OK, Iseeme!!

CM - don't you DARE give my job away! I said NOTHING about the job - just that you had coughalotcough in common. I'm hurt. :naughtywag: And my backup job with you definitely predates my ummmm relationship with Scarlett. And besides, if grabbing isn't allowed, I wouldn't trust that Muski person! (if you know what I'm saying) The sweetsingerman is verra verra particular about that as you well know.

Thanks JMH....my son said his grandma was inconsolable. At least her neighbors are with her until the family can get there. The other sad part of this story is that my ex husband and his wife were retiring there at the end of the month and had been moving alot of their possessions in to the house pending building their own on the adjacent property. So it's really affecting the whole family. Some of my son's earliest memories in life were at his grandma's. It's just so sad. Doesn't mean the place will burn, but if they're evacuating people it doesn't look too good.

Iseeme, good thoughts going out to your MIL.

Youtube has a commercial about Estonia in a foreign language that is using one of Clay's songs from the CD as background. And, from what I've read, he's getting decent radio play and chart placement in Korea and other countries, as well as sales promotions from BMG in the form of posters and postcards. so maybe there are revenue streams available from him that have an impact on the label's bottom line that are not obvious to us.

good point clayzedover.

I hope Mama Iseeme escapes unharmed, and everything will go OK for her in the future.

from Rainlover at CV:

Ran across this and don't remember seeing it posted before.....

FWIW -

This is an online review (one of 98) of "Wicked - The Musical", in Hollywood - dated 06/15/2008.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/wicked-the-musical-hollywood

06/15/2008

This was my first musical and the results are in....I LOVED IT!

I am not a Wizard of Oz fan by any means. I am 32 and I watched the movie for the first time just a few years ago. I heard many great things about Wicked but I went in with no expectations. It was fantastic! We had awesome seats (orchestra 7 rows from the stage). There was a slight distration though...Tyra Banks and Clay Aiken were seated right in front of us!!

The performances were great, the set was beautiful and the story was nothing short of AMAZING. I went with my girlfriends because I figured that BF would hate it, but from seeing the other men in the audience they seemed to enjoy it just as much as Clay did!

Hmmm...veddy interesting. Was that around the time of Hannah's final performance?

Oh, and I've also read that they are having trouble with the pictures for the UNICEF blog, and it won't be up until tomorrow....

Just the name of the drink Cotton.......

Okay.

I know JACK.

I know JIM.

I know JOHNNY.

I only know Arnold with a little white ball and a "stick".

:cryingwlaughter:

And I just got a phone call from my son that my 92 year old mother-in-law has been notified by CAL Fire to evacuate her home. My ex-husband is on his way (2 1/2 hour trip) and my bil is on his way (4 1/2 hour trip) and in the meantime the neighbors are trying to help her get her stuff together. Her house and property are about 45 minutes outside of Oroville in the Feather River area (frame of reference for Californians) I really feel awful for her - she's lived there for 62 years.... She's 6 hours from me or I'd be on my way!

Oh, my goodness!

I can't imagine dealing with this - at any age!

I hope her home will be okay!

You know - we have Hurricanes to deal with around here - but even with our drought, we haven't had fires like the ones you CA folks have to face.

My Sis lost her home to a fire when her DD was 6. Horrible thing. They lost everything. Everything. When Mama called me, it was like she had told me someone had died. Thank goodness, they were not home!!!

:thbighug-1: Iseeme's MIL!

CM - don't you DARE give my job away! I said NOTHING about the job - just that you had coughalotcough in common. I'm hurt. :naughtywag: And my backup job with you definitely predates my ummmm relationship with Scarlett. And besides, if grabbing isn't allowed, I wouldn't trust that Muski person! (if you know what I'm saying) The sweetsingerman is verra verra particular about that as you well know.

OK, OK, I was just funnin' with ya. If you think I'm willing to train someone else in the fine art of tying a bow that stays in place through a whole concert, you have another think coming. :thbighug-1:

Thanks JMH....my son said his grandma was inconsolable. At least her neighbors are with her until the family can get there. The other sad part of this story is that my ex husband and his wife were retiring there at the end of the month and had been moving alot of their possessions in to the house pending building their own on the adjacent property. So it's really affecting the whole family. Some of my son's earliest memories in life were at his grandma's. It's just so sad. Doesn't mean the place will burn, but if they're evacuating people it doesn't look too good.

Hopefully, it'll be OK and it's just a precaution. If they can get her out safely though, that's the biggest thing. Darn shame though.

What did Ryan Seacrest have to do with Boobgate? I thought Mezhghan (or whatever her name was) put it on her website and someone found it there and posted it. The thing is, I thought it was completely something Clay would do kidding around and the look on his face is what made me laugh so much. He's a joker and a kidder and he seems to love fooling around and teasing women - look what he does with his backups, especially Angela! I just don't think it ever occurred to him that someone would betray his trust and post the picture. I didn't feel he was being disrespectful..... but then who knows the context it was in. And whoever said - it's what probably led to him being more careful - I agree! There's probably a moment like that in every celebrity's life.

Boobgate happened in May 2004, I believe. Janet Jackson boobgate happened in January 2005.

Thanks!

I thought Boobgate came first!

I do remember Clay commenting on JanetGate, though. And I don't think he would have ripped/revealed that thang in public!

Big difference between joking amongst friends and national tv!!!

Don't know what Ryan has to do with boobgate either..other than the picture was taken backstage somewhere that day IIRC. He could have been in the room having fun as well. He was in no way connected to the picture to the general public. I wouldn't even put that and baring your flesh on national TV in the same universe. I just like the sparkly in his eyes hee.

I'm all....alone! :cryingwlaughter:

OK, so I'm obviously the only one who jumped to the conclusion regarding Seacrest and the boob picture. The picture was taken on the set of his show, and I'm pretty sure Clay didn't want it getting out to the general public, so I assumed that perhaps some assurances were made that the picture wouldn't see the light of day. It just seemed that it wasn't too long after that that Seacrest's attitude toward Clay seemed to undergo a change.

Oooooo!!! Ooooooo!!! (tm Horshack)!!

I happen to be up to date on all things boob related.

As it happens, I'm working on February 2004 as we speak, so I know all this boob stuff.

February 1, 2004: Janet Jackson & Justin Timberlake do the half-time show at the Super Bowl with the famous wardrobe malfunction

The week that follows: Promos for SNL appear with Megan Mullaly tearing off part of Clay's shirt revealing the clipple.

February 7, 2004: Clay is actually ON SNL. ***sigh***

February 8, 2004: Clay is interviewed on Dateline regarding the SuperBowl JJ/JT fiasco. My God those were innocent, family friendly times.

328027657_3HDjV-L.jpg

February 16, 2004: Clay was on Ryan Seacrest's OAWRS show with Kelly C. to promote the IT. He was wearing the yummy jeans, white shirt and skinny tie. Mezghan was the makeup person for Ryan's show. The Boobgate pic was taken that day backstage with him in the yummy TV outfit. Mezghan posted some innocuous backstage photos on her website. A tech-savvy fan started fiddling with the photo extensions from the web links. The pictures on the website were let's say, pics 001 & 002. By changing the extension to 003, voila there was Clay with two handfuls of boobs and a big grin. Lordy, you think IIT/INT/IIU/whatever is controversial? One week after his pious Dateline interview, you could hear the pedestals crashing all over Clay Nation. Was this the start of the death of TTC as a huge website? I didn't post there, but that rings a bell.

SO.....Janet Jackson was first. But only by 2 weeks.

I'm so glad I could clarify this for y'all. My work here is done, so I can now....um...work.

Thanks for clarifying, Perma! At least I know that I'm not crazy, and I do remember things in the order in which they happened. Yeah, I know, I'm alone again in being bothered by it. It just seemed to me at the time that if you're saying things like he did in that interview mentioned above, you need to walk the talk- or at least, be smart enough not to leave photographic evidence in someone else's safekeeping.

I'll bet I'm alone in this too, but what the hay- I'm used to being the odd (wo)man out, so I'll put it out there. When Clay was on Seacrest's radio show around the time of the ATDW promotion, RS brought up (surprise, surprise) Clay's GMA interview, and his give and take with Diane S. RS acted like it was a knock-down, drag out fight between the two of them. Clay totally downplayed it, and said something to the effect that they (he and Diane) were friends. and that afterward they went in a back room and "made out". (Paraphrasing). I always thought that that was primo snark on Clay's part, referring to RS's very public make out session with Teri Hatcher, after which he unceremoniously dumped her. Anyone???

Iseeme- best wishes for your MIL!

Cotton - I had not read that before. Thanks for posting it. At least they called him "the congenial redhead" instead of some of the occasionally unflattering descriptive terms like "elfin" and "Howdy Doody!" I can certainly live with congenial redhead any day. Nice article. Bare room with no indoor plumbing or toilet! I wonder how many celebrities would tolerate those conditions. Ummmm.....I don't think I would want to tolerate those conditions!

laljeterfan Yes! Yes! Yes! I remember Clay making that comment about going in the backroom with DS and making out. I thought it was hilarious and also thought it had to do with Ryan's PDA with Teri Hatcher. I do so love it when he addresses comments like that with snark and wit.

And.....of course, riding in to Jimmy Kimmel on horseback was relative - I always thought - to Ryan's comment about Clay needing to get off his high horse (because Clay made appropriate comments about Idol Gives Back - IMO) And he didn't get off of Taco for the whole gig...hee!

Hi All,

Iseeme Hope everything works out with your MIL!

Goodness, the heavens just opened up here and it is pouring rain!

Looking forward to the UNICEF blog and more pictures!

Clay looks like such a baby in those early pictures; I agree that he is much more handsome now.

Kim

But the congenial redhead is keeping mum about the juicy tidbit that has the tabloids drooling: becoming a baby daddy with his good friend Jaymes Foster

Is anyone else salivating after reading this sentence with so much liquid imagery? :cryingwlaughter:

Love the 'congenial redhead'---wonder what color his hair really was the day of that interview. heh. Actually, I love that whole danged sentence! Cool. The writer refers to the tabloids as the ones drooling, which to me allows the reader to determine for herself whether or not to put any stock in the 'juicy tidbit'...and then lets us know that Clay ain't 'biting' on this particular tabloid topic. And this, IMO, is the way this 'news' SHOULD be referred to by news outlets unless/until the people intimately involved care to comment either way.

Iseeme---good thoughts for your family amidst the crazy fires in our fair state. What a trauma for her! [[[[hugs]]]]

And as for the bow grabbing? Hell, I don't mess with no bows. Or more accurately, my teeth will have made quick work of any bows before any real grabbing goes on... :sleezy: And as for that pic of early Clay where he's lounging on the floor and his shirt reveals packed pants? ALways loved that pic---from the chest down. Cannot STAND his actual head (no, not that one) in this pose...looks photoshopped on or something.

Whew! Too much work and I'm not anywhere near caught up!

: :Ahh:

Sorry for dropping this down in the middle of a conversation guys, and knowing that I'm going to repeat myself on a few boards, I thought I should pass this info along...I received, what probably was a phishing email today. It looked like it was sent by US Fund for Unicef, logo and all. The email stated that they were having trouble processing my donation and to please follow the link in the email to remedy the problem. Thing is, since I've been waiting for the Fieldnotes, I haven't tried to donate yet. I notified Unicef and made a report, but just thought I'd pass along the info, since many of us are either donating or planning to donate for the Somalia effort.

Really fun little travel interview wasn't it? I can picture him soaking up the quiet for over a week. Myself? I'd go crazy. :cryingwlaughter:

And as for that pic of early Clay where he's lounging on the floor and his shirt reveals packed pants? ALways loved that pic---from the chest down. Cannot STAND his actual head (no, not that one) in this pose...looks photoshopped on or something.

I'm glad I'm not alone!

I thought that, too!

Guess I don't pay much attention to RS cuz I didn't know nuttin' about Terri Hatcher. I thought she had more class than to mess with RS!!! :cryingwlaughter:

And I totally thought boobgate happened way before the Janet thingy.

I never had a clue that happened on RS's show. I thought it was just Mezghan and Clay cuttin' up backstage at AI.

Shows you how much I'm plugged in to that stuff!

I do know that Linda Loveland was UP. SET. with her news people for doing what they did with the picture. (That's what she told me anyway.) She was on vacation when it went up on the website. We emailed back and forth a couple of times. I wrote her an email asking about it. I'm not one to do that, but I emailed and asked her what about that was news and why digitally blur the image making it seem really dirtier than it was. (I was living in Greensboro at the time. Kind of neighbors with Raleigh.) She seemed to be really upset at the way it was handled. I think it might have been different had she been there.

MIL update - my son said a sheriff's deputy had evacuated her to the town of Oroville where the Red Cross has set up a center in the local high school for the evacuees. It looks like my bil will be the first one there to pick her up. Chris (son) said she had needed some medical attention because she was so distraught and that she had been attended to. Sadly, she was unable to remove anything from the house other than a few clothes and a box of photographs. They aren't letting anyone go back to the house. All of us feel so helpless.

Thank you for all the well wishes. I've been divorced from her son for many years and yet she and I have always been very close! This is going to be extremely hard on her if she loses her home and all her possessions, but at least she's safe.

Iseeme, that's so sad. I'm glad her son is on his way. I think she's going to need some major TLC. Still hoping the fire passes her home by.

Good thoughts to Iseeme's MIL...

Considering our discussions of the last few days, I thought this was hilarious:

Steven Tyler Laid Off From Aerosmith As Band's Jobless Rate Hits 20%

:lmaosmiley-1:

The whole thing is hilarious. This is my favorite part.

"This restructuring is exactly what Aerosmith needs right now," said Justin Levine, an analyst at Lehman Brothers. "Frankly, they've been in brand decline since that Super Bowl halftime show with Britney Spears."

"Everyone was hurt badly in the big 1998 Armageddon Bubble," said Bill Griffeth, host of CNBC's Power Lunch. "At that point, practically everyone—even members of the younger generation—bought into Aerosmith, but it was clear that they would not be able to sustain that level of global interest. In truth, purchasing any of their material since Get A Grip has involved a substantial level of risk."

Tyler is not the only one in the industry to be affected by the recent recession. In January, Bad Company was outsourced to China, and just last week, Don Henley of the Eagles was replaced by a drum machine.

I'm not one that buys into the idea that there are bad feelings between Clay and Ryan. I have never thought they were good friends or bitter enemies. I think they are just very different people in different ends of the business and I doubt either one of them pays that much attention to what the other is doing. I know the boards monitor everything that people say about Clay but that doesn't mean he does. JMO of course... :shrug:

I'm not one that buys into the idea that there are bad feelings between Clay and Ryan. I have never thought they were good friends or bitter enemies. I think they are just very different people in different ends of the business and I doubt either one of them pays that much attention to what the other is doing. I know the boards monitor everything that people say about Clay but that doesn't mean he does. JMO of course... :shrug:

mine too

Iseeme glad she made it out but I can understand her being distraught. I don't even know what I'd grab is I had a short window. I hope her house is safe.

I never give that kind of stuff much thought; actually think a lot of projection goes on in the fandom. i.e. because the fans think a certain way about someone or something than Clay must think it too.

Kim

Glad your MIL got out safely, Iseeme. Sending good thoughts for a safe return to her home! :F_05BL17blowkiss: