#37: Whenever he's ready, I'm ready for whatever he's ready for.

Thread Title Poll  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness.
    • He is so sexay when he's following his Passion!!!
    • He looks really, really, really good while exuding all that good stuff.
    • One hawt hunk of packin' perfection!
    • He's a man of character and integrity and talent.
    • Kurei Eikun? I LOVE that guy!
    • Sometimes Clay is just the sex, YKWIM??

You know; I have heard that phrase "If he isn't the person we think he is" so many times since the whole baby rumor and I really wish someone would explain that to me...just sounds like talking in circles...does it really mean...If Clay turns out to be gay when he said he was straight...if so, then why not just say it?

Kim

I don't know what anyone else means when they say it but that isn't what I mean. Being gay or not being gay has nothing to do with the kind of person that you are, at least not as far as I am concerned. Clay has shown himself to be a good person, to really care about other people, to love his God, that is the person I am talking about.

I have heard people say that he isn't the person they thought he was if the baby thing is true and and honestly, I don't understand their thinking there, but that is just me.

I don't understand it either and that is why I was asking for an explanation...I don't understand how some could make a complete 180 turn on Clay and their fandom based on a rumor, it was/is whiplash inducing.

In this country a man is presumed innocent until proven guilty; for some in this fandom, Clay is always guilty until he proves himself innocent and I just don't think he should have to continually prove himself.

Bookwhore; thanks also for your explanation...I hope I didn't come off sounding pissy, but that phrase has almost become like nails on chalkboard for me.

Kim

And also, I think that he has been pretty d*mn near 100% faithful to all the things he's ever professed to stand for and believe in. But when it comes down to very extremely personal issues, I just don't believe he owes anybody any explanations or apologies. I can't even imagine having such pressures placed on myself.

I'm not an angelwinger my any means and maybe that's my problem. I mean all I've said from the very beginning of this whole thing is... you GO stud!

Am I too much of a newbie to be talking like this? If so, just feel free to smack me down.

I've always had a touch of angelwinger in me and proud of it. I agree whole heartedly with your statements.

The only thing that would piss me off is if we found out he's been lip synching all this time. <_<

:o

That would be a deal breaker, I'd say.

The worst deal breaker for me would be to have proof, after all these years, that it really WAS a fold. :whistling-1:

I can't even remember why I mentioned not liking Hotel California ... but I'm glad I did. It's been so liberating. That song drags. I have to admit that the Gipsy Kings put their spin on a a killer, high-voltage version of Hotel California and I bought the CD specifically for that song, but it's a completely different interpretation, and the words are mostly in Spanish.

Burnt puppies? I think those were my feet in New York.

These recaps by the shack (?) CMSU! especially:

Clay responds, "You bring it." What, spirit fingers?

Can you imagine? :cryingwlaughter:

Couchie I have heard of women not knowing they were pregnant until the birth but surely the doctors might have had an inkling! As for myself, I ballooned out to the size of a house real quick. When I was waddling around the shops people would stare, a repairman who came to the house in my 39th week took one look at me and hit full speed. I think he didn't want to be stuck boiling water and fetching towels! My Dr kept saying "Oh this is a biggun" - so reassuring. Anyway he turned out to be average size (and gorgeous).

Burnt puppies? I think those were my feet in New York.

bwah

yeah my friend, that you met...she's SOL here but doesn't post anymore, she would trick me and say oh it's just up here...30 blocks later..heeee so I'm feelin' ya.

Just finished the Orlando audio of the DCAT/SRHP tour-- the wavs are already up at Scarlett's server, and the CH and CU ought to have both mp3s and wavs up soon under mime_fan. If anyone needs a sendspace, let me know. It really did turn out well, with almost no obnoxious people near me, unless you count drunken Regina. Hope you enjoy it!

While rummaging around my hard drive, I found old audio of an April 2005 concert that might be of interest to a few of you. I'm not going to say the artist's name out loud since he has been vocally against file sharing music, and I sure didn't get his permission to tape his show. I also have to apologize for not recording the first song, which he back-announced as "That new Lisa Marie Presley song, 'Dirty Laundry'. She thinks it's new. Bless her heart."

Some of you will not want to listen to track 13 under any circumstances, 'cause you hate it.

There's a track 0 which is two songs by the opening act-- unfortunately I have no idea who she is, even though she has a lovely voice. Anyway, I hope a few of you who've expressed the lurve for these classic rock songs in the past couple of days will enjoy a rockin' live concert.

Mystery Rock Concert, April 21, 2005

ETA: Already up!

Orlando at Clack House

Orlando at Clack Unlimited

Are the Daily Show watchers here tonight? I used to watch but haven't for awhile, but they just had Coldplay on performing. When did that kind of stuff start happening? By the way, not a fan, at least of what I heard tonight, but would love if Clay was on for both an interview and a performance, cuz my boyfriend is so smart and funny, and sings pretty good too.

Regular Daily Show watcher here...

The Coldplay episode is a rerun from about 2 weeks ago. I think Jon Stewart has only had two other musical acts on the show -- I believe they were The White Stripes and REM. I think Coldplay is interesting, but not fan-freakin-tastic. I'd dearly love for Clay to be on the show -- but I'd really want him to be on to push his NEXT Broadway show. *g* I'd love to get a meeting of the minds between him and JS.

yup muski...no one...was a deliberate choice, a bit of hyperbole for emphasis. glad you're paying attention... :cryingwlaughter:

Hyperbole…backed up by the entire promo cycle for ATDW and the “are you gay” questions that wouldn’t die. While that was, IMO, intentional to get it out of the way, it still dominated. I think it’s safe to make a bit of a leap to the baby question and OMWH.

Yep to what Ansa said - except I would say even in the most capitalistic society ever - it's never only about the bottom line. It's why everyone doesn't just run to the job that pays the most money, or buy the cheapest item. Adam Smith will only take you so far.

Word. I’ve seen many times where people try to apply their business or marketing sense to the record business and I don’t believe that it ever works. You don’t know the definition of “success” for a given artist for one thing. The analogy I’ve used before is simple: I am a geologist and I’ve worked in Ohio/Michigan and Tennessee/Kentucky/Alabama. Can I go work as a geologist in California? No, not without several years of working with California geologists to gain experience in their region. Sure, I can move – but I won’t know jack until I work out there in that field for a while. The same goes for business.

I think I don’t really have a Burnt Puppy. I remember reading about other people’s and couldn’t quite fathom it. I think the only thing that could possibly turn me off is if he actually started taking advice from fans that was outside his plan anyway.

The whole "blowtorched puppy" thing has always made me strangely uncomfortable. I could never understand why anyone wanted to anticipate reasons to stop supporting Clay. I always suspected that someone somewhere (present company excluded, of course!) was taking note of all of the answers so that they could then plant a nasty little story about him in the rags somewhere. But then, I'm highly paranoid anyway. :cryingwlaughter:

Fear. Fear of being wrong. Fear of…whatever.

I don’t think I would have a problem with him being a slut. <g>

I disagree very strongly with the idea of “we can know Clay as much as we know anyone”. No, not true – how can it be? So, I can know Clay as well as I know the guys I work with, even though I see them in person every single (business) day and talk to them? No, I don’t know my coworkers as well as I know, say, my friend or family, but I sure as hell know them better than I “know” Clay. That said, I think our basic “idea” of Clay is probably accurate, in that he’s a man of character and integrity and talent.

Regular Daily Show watcher here...

The Coldplay episode is a rerun from about 2 weeks ago. I think Jon Stewart has only had two other musical acts on the show -- I believe they were The White Stripes and REM. I think Coldplay is interesting, but not fan-freakin-tastic. I'd dearly love for Clay to be on the show -- but I'd really want him to be on to push his NEXT Broadway show. *g* I'd love to get a meeting of the minds between him and JS.

Heh - ms. mod, I mentioned this a week or two ago what that show originally aired. Can I request that people read the board here? <g>

I do hope people realize that was a joke...

Am I too much of a newbie to be talking like this? If so, just feel free to smack me down.

:hysterical:

Well crap, I just wrote a long response to Scarlett's post and I lost it. I was basically agreeing with Cotton. I think we can know Clay, at least as much as we can know anyone. All we can know about someone is what they present to the world, and the man he has shown himself to be is a very decent, good man. He proves that with so many things, like going out to the bus lines to thank his fans and thanking us during his concerts, and by teasing us like we were part of the family. He also proves it when he goes out on stage to perform when he is sick or in pain, when others would be home in bed. He goes to countries others wouldn't, risking getting sick or hurt, to help those in horrible situations and he goes to schools and hospitals to cheer up kids, without taking camera crews along to publicize it. I remember Jerome being asked about Clay early on and he said something about 95%, I think, of what we see with Clay is who he really is, and that is one mighty fine man.

:wub:

Just finished the Orlando audio of the DCAT/SRHP tour-- the wavs are already up at Scarlett's server, and the CH and CU ought to have both mp3s and wavs up soon under mime_fan. If anyone needs a sendspace, let me know. It really did turn out well, with almost no obnoxious people near me, unless you count drunken Regina. Hope you enjoy it!

While rummaging around my hard drive, I found old audio of an April 2005 concert that might be of interest to a few of you. I'm not going to say the artist's name out loud since he has been vocally against file sharing music, and I sure didn't get his permission to tape his show. I also have to apologize for not recording the first song, which he back-announced as "That new Lisa Marie Presley song, 'Dirty Laundry'. She thinks it's new. Bless her heart."

Some of you will not want to listen to track 13 under any circumstances, 'cause you hate it.

There's a track 0 which is two songs by the opening act-- unfortunately I have no idea who she is, even though she has a lovely voice. Anyway, I hope a few of you who've expressed the lurve for these classic rock songs in the past couple of days will enjoy a rockin' live concert.

Thank you for all the fantastic audio!!! I like #13. Shhhhh. Don't tell anyone.

Waves at atinal just because!!

Eeek! I just checked and the tags are all wrong on the Mystery Rock Concert. The music sounds fine, but you'll be confused if you're looking at your iPod/mp3 player. I am uploading a corrected copy now. Back in a bit with the link.

Corrected zip of Mystery Rock Concert!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/cwcn40

And it's now track 14 that a lot of folks won't like....

Thanks ldyj. I'm not sure if Coldplay is one of the groups my son listened to that I may have liked a song or 2 but I definitely wasn't impressed by the performances on the Daily Show. The lead singer seemed to be drowned out a lot by the instruments and sounded pretty weak to me.

And I would love to see Clay and Jon Stewart discuss anything, or Clay and Colbert. That would probably also help raise my son's estimation of him quite a bit because he loves those 2 shows.

Coming in late to the current conversation. From what I've seen and heard......some people who are ranting about Clay not being the man they thought he was has everything to do with the possible baby. He's gone on record more than several times as saying he really wanted to be married and have a family. So unless he's married to Jaymes......some people feel IIT that his action has contradicted his words. Is that fair to think that? Well, people change and situations change. But there are still some that hang on his every word and think it's written in gold!! I personally think he said some things early on after AI that he probably regrets, has rethought, or was just using a throwaway line like he does sometimes in interviews. He also, perhaps unwisely, made a comment in RollingStone about "waiting for the one you're married to!" Now - whether or not he's still waiting is in my mind a whole lot more intrusive of a question than wondering if that's his baby. BUT....if you read some of the more religious boards or read some of the more religious posters - he's having a baby out of wedlock and that goes against what their opinions were of him. I really don't think it has anything to do with the gay issue at all.

As for business, business knowledge, etc. Don't confuse learning a new job or a new environment with making money. It just isn't the same thing. Whichever state you work in, whichever job you work in, - you can bet that company still wants to make money unless they're a non-profit organization! And that's all I was trying to say. Not telling TC or RCA how to release a CD. Now where is that "beating a dead horse" emoticon when you need it.

And who is Shack? I must have really missed that during AI. I didn't join a board until the week of finale night. Didn't have a pc at home and used to go in to work on the weekends to find out what was going on in Clay world.

Anyone watching Nashville Star? Billy Ray Cyrus has the personality of a fence post (IMO....)

ETA: I love Coldplay's new single....

Favorite Shack review - Clay/Vincent:

Next up is Clay "One Song Glory" Aiken, who has "randomly" selected "Vincent." While I sit here and try to remember if I've ever heard that song before, Clay tells us it's not a song he would have chosen for himself, but it has a nice melody and he hopes he doesn't fuck it up too bad. Or something like that. He hams it up to camera as he's pulling out the card from the bowl and stuff. Ryan tells us as he introduces Clay that the song is about Vincent Van Gogh, because otherwise it sounds like Clay is singing a tragically romantic song to another guy, and we can't have that on FOX. The opening strains play as Clay comes out to sit on The Stool of Seriousness. Which is slightly different from The Stool of Romance, even if they look the same. I immediately recognize the song when Clay starts singing, and clutch my pearls in horror. Or something like that. It's a total downer song. There's nothing wrong with downer songs. I love downer songs. You just try to pry my Peter Gabriel and Coldplay CDs away from me. But in the context of this show, songs like this are just not rewarded. These people like songs that have all the subtlety of getting hit in the face with a frying pan. And Clay's faux-serious facial expressions don't help. He looks like a supermodel trying to give a speech on homelessness. He's really trying to sell it, but he just can't. Actually, his voice is pretty clean and clear in the song, but he has to toss in unneeded glory notes and make me want to cut my own ear off. Oh, and he forgets the words for several seconds toward the end. In case you haven't followed the post-show drama in the media, the producers made Clay add another verse to the song not long before tonight's show. I wouldn't be surprised if they told Clay five minutes before the show starts next week that he had to sing his first song in French.

Judges. Randy says it was kind of boring and wasn't Clay's best performance. Paula agrees that it wasn't Clay's best, and points out that he forgot some of the lyrics. There's no mention that the lyrics he forgot were added at the last minute. And they've made absolutely no reference to Ruben and Joshua screwing up lyrics in previous rounds. I guess Josh had so many other problems that it hardly seemed worth the effort, but it's just bad form to ignore it when Ruben just sings the words in whatever order he feels like onstage and then make a big deal out of Clay's mistake. Paula points out that it happens to all performers occasionally, and you just have to move on. Simon declares the rendition "dreary." See, he should have smiled his way through it and projected warmth. Just because the song is about a mentally disturbed painter doesn't mean you have to be such a buzzkill about it. Simon says that Clay should be glad he's got two songs left. Clay heads over to Ryan, who points out that this was the hardest criticism yet. How does he come back from that? Clay responds, "You bring it." What, spirit fingers? Ryan tells us Clay has some interesting fashion choices to show off in the next rounds, but he's lying. Still no blah blah blah text-message-cakes.

I even loved how Shack hated Clay, with a pure and innocent hate (liberally sprinkled with mucho hated of Clay's fans). Of course, then he got all old and bitter and wrinkly and jealous. Trenyce wasn't even safe from him, and he loved some Trenyce.

KAndre, Thanks for posting this, I laughed so hard at a the bolded areas I couldn't see straight.

Anyway... Tulsa.

He was so very, very hot that night...

Yes indeedy! I'm surprised the fire sprinklers didn't go off. Or did that hot lovely hot old hot historic hot theater even have those?!

Moving back to HOT...

tulsa23.jpg

tulsa24.jpg

tulsa25.jpg

tulsa28.jpg

tulsa29.jpg

tulsa30.jpg

tulsa31.jpg

tulsa32.jpg

tulsa33.jpg

tulsa34.jpg

In honor of my one year anniversary of seeing Clay in Tulsa on 7-7-07, I'd like to add, that I too was "hot" that night, but am so glad that it is not captured in pictures. :cryingwlaughter:

***waves to atinal***

I see you down there, and I'm fondly remembering meeting you outside the big Clay party at the Crown Plaza in Tulsa a year ago today. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

That's a fond memory for me too KF, but tell me what's goin' on with all the Hotel California hate, guess it shows how out of touch I am. I really like it. I especially like the guitar solo in it.

yup muski...no one...was a deliberate choice, a bit of hyperbole for emphasis. glad you're paying attention... :cryingwlaughter:

Hyperbole…backed up by the entire promo cycle for ATDW and the “are you gay” questions that wouldn’t die. While that was, IMO, intentional to get it out of the way, it still dominated. I think it’s safe to make a bit of a leap to the baby question and OMWH.

Now I'm confused again. ATDW sold more than twice what OMWH did the first week--and I personally do not feel comfy attributing all of that sharp difference to 'the industry trend'. If the 'are you gay' question dominated then, it still didn't stop a lot of people from buying the cd anyway (in the first week and since). That's what I was pointing out re: Ansa's post. She said that if the promo had come AFTER the baby news, no one would have wanted to buy his music.

I was just taking issue with 'no one'. And I'm actually still trying to figure out, Ansa, what you meant by "glad you're paying attention"... Why would I immediately think that YOUR use of an absolute was deliberate hyperbole and not to be taken seriously, but someone else's use of 'everyone' wasn't?

Anyhoo....whatever. I just read that Cynthia Rodriguez is filing for divorce from Alex, citing his relationship with Madonna as "the last straw" (per her lawyer)....fact confirming fiction or fiction creating fact? And the wheels on the media bus go round and round.... :cryingwlaughter:

Time for a glass of cabernet and a good book. 'night, all!

ETA: except to say Wordy word word to Iseeme for this!

Billy Ray Cyrus has the personality of a fence post (IMO....)
:hysterical:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I got a job!!!! And thank you to Couchie for recommending me...

Wow you guys are having a great conversation.

About early message boards...I started on Bolt. I don;t know if they are still around but Clay's thread during AI2 was one of the busiest in their whole system.

I do think Clay is a star. He has sold more than 5M CD's ....that can never be taken away from him....and that makes him a recording star.

blowtorched puppies...can't really think of any. I guess since I don;t expect him to be perfect I can pretty much accept a lot of mistakes or unexpected behavior.

I am torned between the knowing him and not knowing him. I guess I am in the middle. I guess I know enough about him to be sure that the stupid story that idiot JP was trying to spread was complete nonsense. I think I know enough about him not to be taken in by a FC. But I also know I do not know all of him. So he can still do things that are totally unexpected for me...like maybe helping Jaymes conceive a child.

And also, I think that he has been pretty d*mn near 100% faithful to all the things he's ever professed to stand for and believe in. But when it comes down to very extremely personal issues, I just don't believe he owes anybody any explanations or apologies. I can't even imagine having such pressures placed on myself.

I'm not an angelwinger my any means and maybe that's my problem. I mean all I've said from the very beginning of this whole thing is... you GO stud!

oh no...you fit right in!!!

I'm a Coldplay fan. Just thought I should declare. In fact, Politik is one of the ringtones I use and especially for wake up calls -- "Open up your ey-ey-ey-ey-ey-eyes."

love Coldplay. Its truly not about the voice with this group but the music overall for me.

I also love Hotel California...hee

Not only that, Madden got a woman pregnant and didn't marry her, and she's Nicole Richie, not exactly role model material from some points of view. Gee, what were they thinking?
Perhaps that he has a history of activism, a good heart, and a connection to a dedicated group of fans; that he is interesting to a certain demographic, and has a desire to make a difference?

I don't feel it has mattered for quite a while now whether the parents are married or not, it only matters that they are good parents. I feel that Nicole Ritchie has very different priorities now that she is a mother. For similar reasons, it doesn't make any difference in my mind whether or not Clay's child's parents are married. I know too many dysfunctional people whose parents followed social traditions to the book.

Sometimes sarcasm is not my friend. The lines I bolded are my point. The previous lines were to intended to set up my point.

Thanks for the clarification; my apologies for not only missing your point but for getting it so wrong because I got stuck on the previous lines that were intended to set up your point. I should know better since I am someone who is very aware of how a damaging misunderstanding can result from something that is not viewed in its proper context.

I guess I am poised to attack/defend anything that might be even a subtle hint of judgment of Clay's impending fatherhood, regardless of IIT or IINT.

So interesting happenings at works. So all you mothers out there...do you think you can get through 9 months of a pregnancy and not know you were pregnant until you were in labor? My mom, who was a maternity nurse for 25 years has told me it happens. Never believed it. But yep, it happens.

Clay content: IIT, it won't be a suprise :hysterical:

I've worked in hospitals for a number of years, and have encountered several women who came in for some presumed medical issue, and gave birth to a baby instead. One girl came to the emergency room thinking she needed to have her appendix out, and ending having a baby instead. She said she thought she'd just been having gas for several months! Another was really mad at herself because she couldn't stop gaining weight. Yet another decided to take a bath because she thought it would ease her really horrible menstrual cramps. Her mother went into the bathroom when she heard her daughter moaning, and the mother ended up delivering the baby in the tub. In all of the cases, the families have been completely shocked. Some of the women have kept their babies, and others have given them up for adoption. It really goes to show the power of the mind when someone can completely deny something so huge!

ETA: Already up!

Orlando at Clack House

Orlando at Clack Unlimited

I LOVE your audio! Thank you!