#37: Whenever he's ready, I'm ready for whatever he's ready for.

Thread Title Poll  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness.
    • He is so sexay when he's following his Passion!!!
    • He looks really, really, really good while exuding all that good stuff.
    • One hawt hunk of packin' perfection!
    • He's a man of character and integrity and talent.
    • Kurei Eikun? I LOVE that guy!
    • Sometimes Clay is just the sex, YKWIM??

Lotus, I think the first big Clay online fandom started at TwoP - I think there may be some archived stuff there - then we got kicked out, and went to RHT and PROC, also Clay thread in Sucks, from there we went to the CH and other boards sprang up.

For myself, I was really into TwoP Trading Spaces, and then one night after watching Clay on AI I thought (duh) maybe there is a thread for this at TwoP - and from then on out I was hooked!

I don't think TWoP is archived. A couple of years ago I was able to find all my TWoP posts from that time through google but couldn't the last time I tried. Probably cuz I can't remember which screen name I had at the time :cryingwlaughter:

What about Clayboard and TTC...weren't those the big boards at the time? RHT came later. I would also maybe try to find a yahoo group for Idol 2 because those are usually archived and I remember there was a decent sized group for it at the time. In fact there were several yahoo groups at the time. Don't know how long they archive though.

Cotton, I still tell people I have no clue - that it could be true, could be half true, could be totally untrue..and I'll let you know when I know.

Playbiller; I have been seeing question marks too, but thought that was what I supposed to seeing! :lmaosmiley-1: I was wondering why all the words were using the same symbol!

Had a neighbor lady when I was about 12 or 13 who had a baby and didn't know she was pregnant...didn't understand it then and don't now...you have to feel the baby moving and wouldn't you be suspicious if you missed a few periods...she actually went into labor and still didn't know and she already had two kids. Thought she was having an appendicitis attack...I would think after having a couple of kids you would know a labor pain when you feel it.

Kim

Couchie, you are prolly right - I just remember the boards I belonged to. I was just at RHT until the CH was created, and I didn't post much anywhere else. Lessee, I was a Bolt Babe, and at a couple of other boards, but it got too time-consuming to check all the baords, and anyway most of the snark went to the CH.

Bows head in remembrance of snark.

Still remember and lurve the Clay snark at Sucks, in the early days - the Books of Clay or something - some of the great stuff is archived at CH.

What about Clayboard and TTC...weren't those the big boards at the time? RHT came later.

There's some stuff archived from TTC & CB, but there was a big EZBoard mishap (crash? hacking? both??) a couple years ago and a lot of stuff was lost - I know this well because it ate my account, said I didn't exist and would NOT let me re-register! Not sure if the switch to Yuku resulted in any further losses.

I was on a little board in the beginning, can't remember the name of it now, mostly college & high school kids. I was the "old lady" of the board at the ripe old age of 27! :cryingwlaughter:

I did the same as djs at TWoP - and started with AI1 - Justin Guarini and the EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! - read the recaps more than the boards (Shack was seriously funny back in the day) - only posted a little at TWoP - I think Idolforums at Neurox was about the same time at TWoP though....

Couchie, I did caveat everything with the origin of the story was TMZ, but since they had heard the story from two different sources and didn't seem to get the diff. about the 'method' and maybe questioned the age diff., I did explain that possible reason and different method possibilities. Plus it gave me an opportunity to question their news sources!

All good natured. DS is interested in current events. One of the books in his "reading room" is Freakanomics, so he views the world with a little different slant than some folks his age.

It was good that what started out as somewhat of a teasing Mom situation to a, "Okay, I get it, IIt" situation.

:)

During this time of next to no Clack I started searching for board posts...any Clay fan boards..of Clay's time on AI2.

I would like to get a feeling of how the fandom grew from the beginning.

Clayversity's threads start in Dec 04, CH in August 03, it looks like the threads here start in 05 and it is so hard to find anything in the LBFCA's threads.

Can anyone give me suggestions as to where I can go to find this information?

I joined a group to discuss preserving the history a few years ago, but after a few brainsormings, no further meeting were held and the board has gone to other uses.

The Clackhouse probably hasthe oldest threads fromn august 2003, the EZ boards all lost their old files years ago and nowthe Clayboard loses anything after a year, including messages. I doubt if Yuku will help much. There might be older stuff at TV clubhouse, but I have to download it to some large area I don't currently have. If you want to spend 40 dollars and join neurox/idolformus, they have older files there. I belonged to neurox in 2003, but never posted on their boards then.

Now if you wanted to start a place where we could all drop our memories, that would be fine.

So - a little discussion ensued. DH mentioned Crosby Stills donating for Melissa Ethridge and her partner. I explained AI and IVF, to which DS gave his head a little sideways shake and verbalized his thinking, “So - he’s helping out a friend who hasn’t been able to have kids?” Then he nodded, like, “Okay, makes sense,” and that was the end of the discussion.

This is my DS who really wants kids, so he can empathize with not being able to have kids when you want them so much.

Cotton, there's a guy named David Crosby and a guy named Stephen Stills in a group called Crosby, Stills and Nash. David Crosby was the sperm donor for Melissa Ethridge, but I don't think Steve had anything to do with it. However, that was funny to read. I agree that the difference in AI and IVF makes all the difference. For most women of 50, IVF can be the only possible way to carry a child. And for many couples of any age, it's the only way, so the cracks and put-downs are completely off base. If there's a relationship between Jaymes and Clay they could have been going at it for years and still needed IVF to conceive. Aren't a lot of the multiple births a result of IVF?

Hah, my personal history with Ai began with my posting at Joker's board and TV clubhouse because I followed big brother there. I also belonged to Salon until they wanted $5 a week to belong - it was my politics and general news and tv place. After it was moving too slow at TV clubhouse, I couldn't get to Salon and Jokers really didn't follow AI, I remembered that I liked Mightbig TV for Amazing Race coverage, well, it had become TWOP... so I meandered over there about March of 2003, It took me a few more weeks to find the idol entertainment threads.

He has established himself as a recording star and a personality...when you look at the other ambassadors in their roster you don't see the big superstars there anyway.

IMO he has NOT established himself as a recording star. His album sales have been plummeting. Star? Nope, not IMO. Personality, absolutely. As I have said before IMO he is far more of a personaility or celebrity than a recording star. His star seems to be fading, IMO. But he was recruited by UNICEF when his star was shining much brighter. He has shown a dedication to their cause and a talent for raising money so I very much doubt they will be getting rid of him anytime soon.

But IMO the fact remains if he fails to put his career first, his star will continue to fade and opportunities like UNICEF will fade with it. As I said before, IMO, the ability to pursue his chairitable endeavors on such a large stage is a perk of his job. Its a perk he could easily lose if he isn't successful at his job.

TIMOOBON. Which is what each and every one of us should be putting when spouting off our opinions no matter how much we want others to think we know what we are talking about. :whistling-1:

Clay and babies? Men and babies? Babies? Yuck. Don't like babies. Men holding babies does nothing for me. Women holding babies does nothing for me.

Now show me a picture of a puppy or kitten and/or a man or woman holding a puppy or a kitten and that's when you'll hear me say awwwwwwwww!

TIMOOBON What does this mean and why should I be putting it in front of my post...I think whenever we post, it is a given that it is our opinion and nothing more.

Kim

Cotton, there's a guy named David Crosby and a guy named Stephen Stills in a group called Crosby, Stills and Nash. David Crosby was the sperm donor for Melissa Ethridge, but I don't think Steve had anything to do with it. However, that was funny to read. I agree that the difference in AI and IVF makes all the difference. For most women of 50, IVF can be the only possible way to carry a child. And for many couples of any age, it's the only way, so the cracks and put-downs are completely off base. If there's a relationship between Jaymes and Clay they could have been going at it for years and still needed IVF to conceive. Aren't a lot of the multiple births a result of IVF?

Dangit!

And of course it was David. He was on Sunday Morning yesterday.

My brain is mush!

Thanks for the correction! :)

I've been wondering about Clay's "wish" on Toolcrest's show about wanting twins! heh

Maybe his wish will come true. IIU and all that . . . :)

TIMOOBON What does this mean and why should I be putting it in front of my post...I think whenever we post, it is a given that it is our opinion and nothing more.

Just me trying to be funny, Kim!

I just thought the This Is My Opinion Only Based On Nothing was funny!

No biggie. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Well, I guess I win! I prefer the Clay who has a life to the others who only live for music. I look at Amy Winehouse and all her awards 0 how useful will they be when she has gone to an early grave? The good part of Clay's life is that it feeds his soul and keeps him off the party path of others. The ones who will burn out or look like leather faces (pick any rolling stone) when they are old. It also makes him a very interesting fella

If Clay just lived for his music, I would not be here.

Just me trying to be funny, Kim!

I just thought the This Is My Opinion Only Based On Nothing was funny!

No biggie. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Okay; I just didn't know where it came from and what it meant...and you know, I get a bit twitchy when people tell me how I should post, LOL!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Kim

Well, I guess I win! I prefer the Clay who has a life to the others who only live for music. I look at Amy Winehouse and all her awards 0 how useful will they be when she has gone to an early grave? The good part of Clay's life is that it feeds his soul and keeps him off the party path of others. The ones who will burn out or look like leather faces (pick any rolling stone) when they are old. It also makes him a very interesting fella

If Clay just lived for his music, I would not be here.

I don't know why, but this made me think . . .

You know that Clay . . . he's the one serving the punch - not spiking the punch! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

If there's a relationship between Jaymes and Clay they could have been going at it for years and still needed IVF to conceive.
:Thud:

TMOOBON? Well, since I'm the one who made Cotton's "That's My Own Opinion Based On Nothing" into a thingy, let's see if I can suggest a pronounciation :whistling-1: :

T' MOOOOOOO Bon (kinda like a cow idiom)

T' MOO BON (kinda like a....I can't think of anything)

T' MOOBON (kinda like Cinnabon, but not so yummy)

I'm leanin' toward the cow colloquialism, myself. ;)

aikim...

I agree that this is what should be true for all, but let the record show (and it does) that some opinions are more understood to be OPINIONS, not assumptions of facts or attempts to project opinions, than others. But basically---what Cotton said---it was just something funny. Or it was to me, at least.

TMOOBO---Something! :wordpooper::imgtongue:

Television Without Pity: TwoP American Idol Forum

You can also find show recaps here: http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/show/...idol/recaps.php.

And those Season 2 recaps are really fascinating now to read!