#37: Whenever he's ready, I'm ready for whatever he's ready for.

Thread Title Poll  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness.
    • He is so sexay when he's following his Passion!!!
    • He looks really, really, really good while exuding all that good stuff.
    • One hawt hunk of packin' perfection!
    • He's a man of character and integrity and talent.
    • Kurei Eikun? I LOVE that guy!
    • Sometimes Clay is just the sex, YKWIM??

I guess I'll just have to have "intense and unswerving devotion" to Clay's butt, cuz I ain't editing my little emotiguy!!!post-1474-1215454248_thumb.jpg

:cryingwlaughter:

Play!

You must be seeing ??? every where people have posted Chinese characters!

Must be interesting reading!!!

My Chinese speaking friend says that we're sorta OK with the characters, but that the word for love is a really strong one, implying intense and unswerving devotion, so maybe not appropriate for Clay's rear end. She suggests we use 我爱上克雷的屁股 instead, which means "I fell in love with Clay's butt." She loves the CD cover. They translated "Measure of a Man" as "True Love Measure". It's smutty either way.

:hysterical:

OK, are you guys just joking or something with all the ??????? ? I mean all I see are question marks.

I don't even see question marks, just little empty boxes. I thought I'd be able to see them from work, but nope.

You probably don't have the Chinese fonts installed on your computer.

Who knew? (tm King Arthur)

:hysterical:

I like your little emotiguy, Cotton! :)

play - it took me a minute too because all I see are little boxes... finally dawned on me that I must not have the font (or characters, I guess)... so it makes for some interesting reading for me too!

And I'll go with "intense and unserving devotion" too... works for me!

You don't have to have the characters installed on your computer. If you have IE, just go to Tools -> Internet Options -> General. At the bottom of the General tab window you will see a button for Languages. Click that button, and then add the languages you want. I have added all the Chinese versions, just in case, though Chinese (PRC) and Chinese (Taiwan) will probably suffice.

I hated the song Hotel California. My friends make fun of me because the song creeps me out. I once saw an old b&w movie where people were stuck in time in this house but they couldn't leave or they would immediately age and fall to dust, so everytime I hear that song and being stuck in a hotel that you can never leave gives me the willy's.

And I'm one who sees the little boxes too. Figured out the conversation but not that I wasn't seeing the right symbols, so thanks for clearing that up for me.

Not really into John Mayer but did like the song of his they used on SYTYCD so I downloaded it. The power of tv, which is really why I hope Clay gets used because for people like me who actually turned to country stations at one point because I got sick of top 40, it is very effective in open people up to new music. Seeing Jewel on Regis back in the day got me interested in her music and there were others that I found from different shows that I would have never known about.

And I think it was you Couchie who brought up about what the RCA guy said about sales. I had seen the numbers 15k and 50k brought up but he still beat both those numbers combined so I can't see them being that unhappy with him. I know many of us, including Clay were discouraged with the numbers, even knowing the economy and lack of time for promo and not having AI to fall back on for that boost, it is still hard not to see those high numbers like for MOAM. And I think it is because we care so much about him and his career, and because we also see some people try so hard to bring him down. Before Clay, I never cared if the singer had a successful career or not. If I saw a cd that had good songs on it I'd buy it or wait until the greatest hits because I hated to spend money on 1 or 2 songs that I liked (I"m really cheap except when it comes to Clay and then I'm easy). I didn't care if they came out with another cd or sold well or any of that. Maybe its because many of us feel somewhat invested, like we are a part of it somehow. I don't know but this has definitely been a different experience for me and I'm not complaining at all because he has brought me so much joy, which I would never be able to repay even if I had to help pay his mortgage in case he was on the verge of homelessness like someone else joked about.

So interesting happenings at works. So all you mothers out there...do you think you can get through 9 months of a pregnancy and not know you were pregnant until you were in labor? My mom, who was a maternity nurse for 25 years has told me it happens. Never believed it. But yep, it happens.

Clay content: IIT, it won't be a suprise :hysterical:

You are me, justclay! Now get outta my head :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Only difference is, I couldn't help him pay his mortgage but I would definitely give him a bed to sleep in!!

Couchie, I find that hard to believe. By the time I was 9 months pregnant you couldn't hide me behind a barn :blink:

So, couchie, is this someone you know from work?? My goodness what a shock it would be to go into labor without knowing you're pregnant!!

At Scarlett's request, Japanese ADTW:

324480074.jpg

324480186.jpg

I see boxes too, but I don't think I'll need Chinese characters. I am definitely not a language person. I barely got through Spanish in college in order to graduate.

This reminds me if the movie "The Sixth Sense" where the kid says "I see ghosts."

I guess I'm date challanged too as I tried to break down the dentists door this morning not realizing I was a week early and they are on vacation this week. Argh!

I was thinking that Clay's video part of the CNN/ UNICEF special was filmed when he went to see Hannah's last performance in Spamalot, but didn't he already have brown hair then? I'm so confused and I thought just keeping track of when he wore what shirt was a challange.

Add me to the waiting list to see if there is a Somlia challange by UNICEF. If not I'll donate anyway. I am so amazed at how far a few dollars can be spread out to help so many children. They do seem to do a good job.

I can't imagine not realizing I was pregnant, but I was very small.

I think I weighed 127 or 126 the day I checked into the hospital for the C-section to deliver my DS!

Smock tops were really "in" at the time and it was a good thing, because they didn't make maternity clothes for just-under-5-foot-tall young women in my day!

I think the smallest maternity size I could find was size 12. I couldn't have worn a size 12 non-maternity dress, much less a maternity dress in a 12!

If you looked at me straight-on, you might not have known I was pregnant, profile, yes, but not looking directly front or directly from the back!

And - Mama brought me a nursing bra! :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

Didn't fit in it EVER! I couldn't have smuggled my DS out in that thing!

:lmaosmiley-1:

Me=President, IBTC

I've heard of that too, although mainly through tv shows, but it seems really hard to believe. Seems someone would really have to be denying things to themself in order not to know they were pregnant 9 months. Even if they barely got bigger, which was not my case at all, but there are so many things the baby does in there that it is hard to imagine not knowing. Even my daughter, who didn't kick nearly as much or as strong as my son, still did a good bit of moving around. With my son, he moved so much and I could watch my stomach roll around and every now and then a foot or hand would pop out. It was really neat, although by the 7th month, it seemed way too long.

Treenuts, I'm glad to see you posting over here again. I don't think I'd seen you post when I first joined although I enjoyed your posts at CH so I'm glad you're bringing yourself over here more.

And for Clay content :013085001176249046: , although like Muski, I enjoy the front so much better. Never watched men's crotches before Clay but I'm really starting to appreciate the view.

Before Clay, I never cared if the singer had a successful career or not. If I saw a cd that had good songs on it I'd buy it or wait until the greatest hits because I hated to spend money on 1 or 2 songs that I liked (I"m really cheap except when it comes to Clay and then I'm easy). I didn't care if they came out with another cd or sold well or any of that.

I never gave any of that any thought before Clay. I didn't know when any of my favorites had a new CD coming out and once I did hear, I had no idea how it sold.

For the last 15 years or so I have liked people that I don't hear played on the radio, I guess that was why I stopped listening and just played my tapes/CD's. The thought never occured to me when I didn't hear Michael Crawford, The Irish Tenors, or Linda Eder on the radio that their careers might be in danger. I have told you I am a worrier, heck all that time I had stuff to worry about and didn't even know!! :cryingwlaughter:

Obviously I was better off back then, because the careers of all of these have done fine. I just went to Linda's website and she has concert going on through the year and she has never had a CD that sold Gold. Michael is sort of semi retired but when he decides to do some concerts the crowds still show up. I checked and he has only had one CD that went Platinum and I think 2 went Gold but it didn't happen quickly with any of them, it took a year or two usually. So, knowing that, you would think I would feel better about Clay... I wish

Thanks, justclay :thbighug-1:

And as for adoration and caring of another celeb, I don't think I've ever felt that way for another other than Johnny Depp. I guess I must love my men a bit on the androgynous side. ;) But not nearly as intense as this. I found him to be a highly underrated character actor and he really got a bad rap from the press/media as well. And I think I began my passion for booty/package shots about that time, but never ever did I appreciate anyone's more than I have CA! I think my defining moment of ogling in this fandom was when I discovered the BoB & PoP posts during his hotness' JNaT 06 appearances. Gahhhhh

I miss those Paul Smith suits (pants) and I miss him moving in them.

posted by: shallow & shameless

Then allow me. I would be more than happy to meet him halfway, going down down down

treenuts! BWAH! :cryingwlaughter: Oh, I wish I'd been here to say that first! :hysterical:

I forgot to tell you guys that while we were riding around the Carmel/Monterey Bay area this past weekend we saw a sign advertising the Monterey Bay County Fair attractions.

Jessica Simpson and Randy Travis.

:blink:

All righty, then. :whistling-1:

keepingfaith---love the DL stories...and your way of making her grovel. heh.

Shadow is now clean and orange peel-y smelling, with clipped nails and is current on his shots...whew! He's exhausted from all that activity, of course, so is asleep on our filthy leather couch. Embarrassing when your dog is cleaner than your sofa. :unsure:

post-1474-1215446795_thumb.jpg

:whistling-1:

Cotton... BWAH!!! Love it!!!

BoB & PoP

Huh?

I'm clueless.

Cotton... PoP is Pants of Perfection from his first Christmas tour... man did those pants fit niiice!!! :hubbahubba: Not sure what BoB is... Bottom of Beauty???? Booty of Beauty??? Booty of Bountifullness???? :whistling-1:

BoB = Buns of Bliss... if I'm not mistaken.

And I use to think PFD stood for personal flotation device. But come to find out it really means Packed for Delivery. EEEEEE

I love gettin me some ed.u.ca.tion :lilredani:

So interesting happenings at works. So all you mothers out there...do you think you can get through 9 months of a pregnancy and not know you were pregnant until you were in labor? My mom, who was a maternity nurse for 25 years has told me it happens. Never believed it. But yep, it happens.

Clay content: IIT, it won't be a suprise :hysterical:

That's hard for me to believe since I threw up for five months at the smell of food with my first one and lost a lot of weight before gaining at the end. My problem was getting through nine months of well knowing I was pregnant, and then not knowing when I was in labor. I got to the hospital without time for any prep or anesthesia because my doctor wasn't there and I had a baby 20 minutes later. My OB showed up to visit later that morning, and for all the money I paid him, I got a "Congratulations, well done!"

Lordy you are a wordy bunch!!... it has taken me till now to catch up from Saturday!!.......I just wanted to thank you for the Birthday greetings on Sat. I wasn't celebrating much this year. It has been a sad one but I found the call outs kinda neat...so thank you! :bighug:

Kinda distracted lately, our son and wife were due the 1st of July and everytime the phone rings my heart races... :soon:

Clay? I have never liked any other singer, star ,nuthin' before or since. I don't even question it , I just go with it and enjoy. Life deals you enough sad. When ever I feel I need it , I turn Clay on and let the voice bring me peace ...... :wub:

During this time of next to no Clack I started searching for board posts...any Clay fan boards..of Clay's time on AI2.

I would like to get a feeling of how the fandom grew from the beginning.

Clayversity's threads start in Dec 04, CH in August 03, it looks like the threads here start in 05 and it is so hard to find anything in the LBFCA's threads.

Can anyone give me suggestions as to where I can go to find this information?

And they're rounding the corner and heading down the stretch, The Real Me and As Long As We're Here neck and neck, ALAWH pulls away, it's turning up the jets, but oh, look out, here comes Where I Draw the Line, it passes On My Way Here and is neck and neck with Everything I Don't Need, The Real Me feels the heat on it's back and speeds ahead, but look out folks Where I Draw the Line won't take no for an answer, it passes EIDN and now it's a sprint to the finish line right behind ALAWH and TRM ...this is the best race in the history of racing, my god a photo finish and ALAWH WINS with TRM and WIDTL at a virtual tie for second :cryingwlaughter:

Lizzybutts :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Couchie!

I'm glad you can figure out who's leading. I sure can't!!!

A little OT - re: IIU

Interesting conversation over lunch with DS and DIL yesterday.

DH brought up the recent sports reference re: the Hot Dog Eating Contest guy whose nickname is the Clay Aiken of Bacon for some odd reason. Maybe he came in second to the Japanese repeat winner so many times. ???

Anyway, the IIT subject came up as a result. DIL - “It must be true, I read it in my People magazine”, with a bit of a smirk. (Maybe cuz she knows People is not news?) I responded, laughing, “Yeah, THAT’S a reliable news source!”

To which DS added, “Must be so, I saw it on ET”! Again with the teasing tone with me. I repeated, “Yeah, and THAT’S a reliable news source!”

So - a little discussion ensued. DH mentioned David Crosby donating for Melissa Ethridge and her partner. I explained AI and IVF, to which DS gave his head a little sideways shake and verbalized his thinking, “So - he’s helping out a friend who hasn’t been able to have kids?” Then he nodded, like, “Okay, makes sense,” and that was the end of the discussion.

This is my DS who really wants kids, so he can empathize with not being able to have kids when you want them so much.

ETA:

Because the name of the group and the name of the guy aren't the same thing! D101!