#37: Whenever he's ready, I'm ready for whatever he's ready for.

Thread Title Poll  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness.
    • He is so sexay when he's following his Passion!!!
    • He looks really, really, really good while exuding all that good stuff.
    • One hawt hunk of packin' perfection!
    • He's a man of character and integrity and talent.
    • Kurei Eikun? I LOVE that guy!
    • Sometimes Clay is just the sex, YKWIM??

I hated the song Hotel California. My friends make fun of me because the song creeps me out.

OMG1 OMG! OMG! Me too! I hate the song with a flaming-purple!-passion!!!!1!!! It's creepy-weird! Nobody else understands me !!!!!!!!

:thbighug-1:

---

*back to catching up*

Just had to get that out.

Well, I guess I win! I prefer the Clay who has a life to the others who only live for music. I look at Amy Winehouse and all her awards 0 how useful will they be when she has gone to an early grave? The good part of Clay's life is that it feeds his soul and keeps him off the party path of others. The ones who will burn out or look like leather faces (pick any rolling stone) when they are old. It also makes him a very interesting fella

If Clay just lived for his music, I would not be here.

I don't know why, but this made me think . . .

You know that Clay . . . he's the one serving the punch - not spiking the punch! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Ah, but many people get seduced by the attention and stardom. The heads swell and they think they can do anything. Clay said it happened a bit to him, so I can see why he feels he needs to be more.

Interestingly enough, Klo is being accused of extreme ego on an IDF forum, wherer they are all up in arms in her Jason is dumb as rocks statement. It is the longest thread ever about her there.

TIMB....what?

I was just watching a rerun of Ellen DeGeneres' 50th birthday show and Ryan Seacrest was a guest. He comes out in slacks, shirt tail out, loose tie and a blazer (hmmmm....I think that look has been done before) and then he tucks one leg under his butt and sits down (hmmmm - think THAT has been done before as well) Anyhoo, in the course of the conversation Ellen brings up Britney and her troubles. Ryan proceeds to tell how he so hopes she gets herself together because she's so talented (which explains alot....) and that he tried to get "them" not to print non-stories! Hah! :whistling-1:

It's freakin' hot here today - over 100 degrees which is pretty not-so-good in the mountains.

Anyway, just checking in.

Unless somebody is telling you that your opinion is dead wrong and you'r stupid I don't quite get it. If someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make you wrong. Nobody here is claiming to be an expert but we are probably all damn sure have our opinions and no one is expecting anyone to fall all over themselves to say OH YEAH you're right, let me kiss your ring finger. We're just having conversations here aren't we? I think I got lost in translation somewhere along the way.

Example - Ansa said Clay is a niche artist

Me. I said I don't agree with that here's why

Ansa - the reason I said he was a niche artist

isn't that just convo?

For the record I love your saying Cotton..it's what I live by on message boards, always have.

[sv]I love Hotel California.[/sv]

I started on TTC and moved to CB when the mods all disappeared. Then I moved to CH after a while, although I'd registered in 2003. Sometime last year, I moved here. It's a shame that all the early threads are lost from those other boards. It would be a hoot to go back and read what I wrote then. LOL!

I relented and put the A/C on tonight. Supposed to be a humidex factor of 41 Celsius (106 Fahrenheit) tomorrow. Yikes! My kids think I'm a freak, because I'm loving this summer weather! It's about time.

I feel that I really should amend my original post on the subject of historical Clay fan posts.

It really isn't that difficult to find one's way around LBFCA. Of course just as with the archived threads here it helps to know the important dates.

I've just been reading some of the recaps of AI2 at TWoP. Wow no one escapes the scorn in those recaps. But some is really quite funny even while criticizing Clay's album and singing. It is just one person's opinion. And it's not as tho' Clay had any choice of songs for his first album.

e.g.

12. "Touch." The final song at least starts with a slightly interesting guitar hook. But then Clay ruins it by coming in to sing, "Blue is the ocean in your eyes." Gag. Oh, this song is totally about sex. Do you hear me, Clay! You're singing about having sex! You are! Actually, I don't entirely hate this song, either. It has a simplistic but catchy guitar hook, and it's not entirely overwrought. But it's still very bland and forgettable. And it apparently has only one verse and the chorus repeated seventeen times. Never mind; I hate it now.

Unforgivable lyric: "All I want is your heaven right here by my side." Is "heaven" a euphemism for "vagina"?

Ahh! So is this the reason Clay says he will never sing this song again?

I hated the song Hotel California. My friends make fun of me because the song creeps me out.

OMG1 OMG! OMG! Me too! I hate the song with a flaming-purple!-passion!!!!1!!! It's creepy-weird! Nobody else understands me !!!!!!!!

:thbighug-1:

---

*back to catching up*

Just had to get that out.

Glad I could help. Do you get picked on by your friends for it? Mine would hear it playing on their radio and come get me and bring me over so I had to hear it too. For me, it is the worst song ever. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

And I'm going to stir the turd here but I don't agree that Clay is not a star. He may not be the in thing right now but he has some of the most devoted fans. Someone here said that Bo had a board but it kind of died out but I cannot ever see that happening with Clay as long as he remains in the entertainment business. And although the media and general public may think of Clay mainly for things besides his singing, at least right now, his core fan base is still here for that voice. We may appreciate all the other many interesting bonuses, like his humor, integrity, compassion, not to mention all those fine parts, but they are the icing on the cake. His voice and vocal interpretations are what initially drew me in and that is still here now. I think the fact that he has that core is what makes him a star, because we will always be here, and many in the entertainment industry would kill to have fans like us. Just look at his run on broadway if you need proof. Other actors even commented on the attention focused on Clay, some like David Hyde Pierce who is pretty famous in his own right.

Unforgivable lyric: "All I want is your heaven right here by my side." Is "heaven" a euphemism for "vagina"?

:scream:

:hysterical::cryingwlaughter:

Maybe Clay read this guy's comment and knows that he'll never be able to sing that song again without thinking of this! BWAH!

Just got back from a visit to mother dear and her "man"...Carrie and I walked with them to a little gelato place (too damned expensive--give me a half gallon of something from Safeway for $2.50 instead of 3 ozs of that for $3.75! Robbery, plain and simple)..Now I have the house blissfully to myself until Alex gets home from her part time job.

Ah....45 mins...think I'll close my laptop, put on some of that Clay Aiken music and zen out.....Later! :imgtongue:

Oh, I think Clay is a star, all right. Maybe not the kind of star some fans would like him to be, but a star nonetheless. I mean, all he has to do is put his hand over someone's mouth, or put his foot on an armrest, or IIT become a daddy, and his name and face are all over the entertainment shows and the rags. Might not seem like much to some, and I know some wish it wasn't so, but a lot of wanna be stars would kill for that much notoriety.

DVR is set to record Canadian Idol, and I am off to baseball!

I agree that Clay is a star justclay12. And it's not only that he has a lot of fans but think of those who have spoken so well of him: Mike Nichols, Eric Idle, Neil Sedaka, Jerry Lewis and others I wish I could remember. Those who take the time to listen and look come away with a new understanding of Clay. :lilredani:

I've decided I'm gonna be a good girl and not read from work anymore. That hit and run doesn't give me time to sit down, read carefully and put things in perspective. Sometimes you need to read things twice and see if they hit you the same way. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't.

Coworker knew something was up but she was diagnosed with a condition and was being treated for said condition. She was on birth control, had a pregnancy test but back in Nov 07 which was negative and has been back and forth to the doctor this year at least 4 times. Why they couldn't figure it out is beyond me. The lact of a period was supposedly a side effect of the medication. Thankfully the baby is healthy because she had no pre natal care, is a smoker and probably a drinker, and was taking drugs apparantly for something she shouldn't have been taking them for. THe mom and dad are in shock. And I'll go to the jobs thread to explain how all of this affects me heee.

I also agree Clay is a star but more importantly he's a huge talent. Ray Liota's show got cancelled after like 3 episodes, is he then no longer a star? Call me in a couple of years and if Clay has been back in Raleigh mowing his lawn for 2 years I'll concede the point. Some of my favorite artists have had careers spanning 20 something years and had very few platitnum albums during that time. They are still stars.

ETA Whoo hooo I got Ansa on at my sit on my ass second job company!! I know others have asked me about it and I know who you are if there are ever any openings I'll alert you.

Crosby, Stills and Nash

But weren't they Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young at one time??

Don't confuse me!

I confuse myself enough all by myself!!!

:cryingwlaughter:

ETA:

Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young!

1st album: Crosby, Stills and Nash

2nd album: Crosby, Still, Nash and Young

After that it was with and without Young, depending on the year, mostly because Stills and Young who started out in Buffalo Springfield together couldn't get along for longer than 5 minutes. Buffalo Springfield's Stills went to CSN, Richie Furay went to Poco, Jim Messina went to Loggins & Messina. David Crosby came from The Byrds. Graham Nash from The Hollies.

Wikipedia says: The trio of David Crosby, Stephen Stills and Graham Nash are a folk rock/rock supergroup known as Crosby, Stills, & Nash (CSN). The group's name is augmented to Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young (CSNY) when including occasional fourth member Neil Young.

Clay a recording star? Let's see, he's sold multi-platinum, broke records for his first single, and each one of his four albums have debuted in Billboard's Top 5. Yeah, he's a recording star.

Had to come here and brag a little bit. My son called me to go out to eat and he said some stuff that made me happy. He's interested in a new girl and one of the things he likes is that she seems to be close to her parents, so I said about him being close to myself and his dad, my ex. And he said how he was still close to me but not as much to his dad, and no, I wasn't celebrating that. Although I have to admit that I'm glad the situation wasn't reversed. I won't go into all the reasons but part of it was that he has a hard time talking to him (which had always been one of my problems too), and then he said that he'd always thought his dad was smarter when he (my son) was younger, and I joked that that is always the case, which is when he said one of the things that made me extremely happy. He said that he still thinks I'm even smarter now than when he was younger. It especially makes me feel good because my son is very smart, and he challenges me all the time, which is why sometimes we have in the past butted heads on more than one occasion.

The other thing that made me feel good has to do with Clay. I had made him listen to Clay's cd when it first came out because he couldn't afford to get me anything for mother's day so I told him he owed me. And at first, all he would admit to liking was OMWH and LAA, however he never gave the cd back. Well today I was driving him and I'd hear parts of Clay's songs while we were talking so sometimes I'd mention about how I loved this part or that part of different songs, and then my son would say, yeah I like that one too. That's why I still think radio is still important because it takes continuous hearing of a song sometimes to overcome people's biases. They may click on a link and listen but their first instinct might be to bash, like mine is with rap music, but with repeated listening it might remove that barrier, or it might make you hate it more, but at least it would be based on personal preference and not bias. For instance, my son would listen to his rap music when he lived with me, and he played some for me today, and I can enjoy the beat to some of it but I'm never going to love it, however some of his music I really do like. He does have pretty eclectic taste though. He's another who enjoys listening to singers from the past and from different genres and he found a lot of his music from the internet. If he'd read about someone or a friend would talk about someone, he'd check them out. And he has always admitted that Clay had a good voice, unless he was trying to irritate/tease/harass me, but I think the hype and my obsession is what turned him off to begin with. On AI, he loved him in the beginning but the more attention was focused on Clay by me and the media, the less he liked him. May have been a jealousy thing, which might be the problem with a lot of people, guys in particular, especially when its someone they consider geeky and not macho enough to be getting so much female attention. So maybe this downswing for Clay might wind out being beneficial. Who knows.

Well, I guess I win! I prefer the Clay who has a life to the others who only live for music. I look at Amy Winehouse and all her awards 0 how useful will they be when she has gone to an early grave? The good part of Clay's life is that it feeds his soul and keeps him off the party path of others. The ones who will burn out or look like leather faces (pick any rolling stone) when they are old. It also makes him a very interesting fella

If Clay just lived for his music, I would not be here.

I don't know why, but this made me think . . .

You know that Clay . . . he's the one serving the punch - not spiking the punch! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Ah, but many people get seduced by the attention and stardom. The heads swell and they think they can do anything. Clay said it happened a bit to him, so I can see why he feels he needs to be more.

Play, I don't understand what you mean here.

???

I mean I know people get seduced by fame - but I don't understand the rest of this. Nor how it relates to the punch post???

Can you help me out?

ETA:

Did somebody say Clay is not a star?

I'n trying to catch up but I must have missed something in my speed-reading! :)

I sure think he's a star!

Sep 07 6250 biggest month ever... must have been when we had an influx of newbies and were buring a thread every six days

I was wondering about this because nothing much was going on, DCAT had just finished and Spam hadn't been announced yet but we had 2 nights of interesting Clay Chat. I remember the question, "What would you considered a "blowtorched puppy?" and this post...

So basically we are only willing to dump Clay if he turns out to be a war criminal or sociopath?

I can see y'all saying, "But he had a really good reason for stealing borrowing the Hope Diamond! It needed to be cleaned or something. And it's not identity theft - hell, we gave him our licenses and credit cards and birth certificates and marriage certificates. He told us he needed them for radio play!"

Based on recent events I guess some people on other boards consider their "blowtorched puppy" to be "if a sleazy media site reported that he had a baby with his best friend via AI or IV"? Or was it "if he appears on CNN wearing a red shirt that looks pink in screencaps?" Since we're still here, I guess those don't qualify as our BT puppies but I wonder, has anyone's definition of a blowtorched puppy changed since then (Sept 2007) and to the newbies, what would you consider to be your "blowtorched puppy"?

Iluvclaysbuttcharacters.jpg

:)

Snag it!

Luvya!!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

At Scarlett's request, Japanese ADTW

324480074.jpg

Eeeeeeeee, thanks!!! Luvya too!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

keepingfaith, thanks for the Tulsa pictures. Any more coming?

Congrats Ansa!!! :yahoo:

ETA: Awww, for old times sake I checked out the Houston Symphony site and found out that I'm missing this because of our SF trip:

the Houston debut of this comic musical oratorio inspired by the plot of the Monty Python film, Life of Brian. Eric Idle, narrator

nope, mine hasn't, pretty much sociopath or war criminal sums it up for me. Love that answer K. hmmm chats are fun..was that our kumbaya chat? heee. Put some more questions in the suggestion thread and we can throw another one together soooooooooooon.

Based on recent events I guess some people on other boards consider their "blowtorched puppy" to be "if a sleazy media site reported that he had a baby with his best friend via AI or IV"? Or was it "if he appears on CNN wearing a red shirt that looks pink in screencaps?" Since we're still here, I guess those don't qualify as our BT puppies but I wonder, has anyone's definition of a blowtorched puppy changed since then (Sept 2007) and to the newbies, what would you consider to be your "blowtorched puppy"?

A blowtorched puppy. Or kitten. Any animal, really.

Until then: Iluvclaysbuttcharacters.jpg

Tulsa pics? My pleasure!

tulsa14.jpg

tulsa15.jpg

tulsa16.jpg

tulsa17.jpg

tulsa19.jpg

tulsa2.jpg

tulsa20.jpg

tulsa22.jpg

tulsa4.jpg

tulsa9.jpg

....no one is expecting anyone to fall all over themselves to say OH YEAH you're right, let me kiss your ring finger...

sadly marks the day on the calendar where Couchie was wrong, so wrong...

Heh.

As for Clay being a recording star, what kf said.

And I still say Clay can have the Hope Diamond if he wants!

Favorite Shack review - Clay/Vincent:

Next up is Clay "One Song Glory" Aiken, who has "randomly" selected "Vincent." While I sit here and try to remember if I've ever heard that song before, Clay tells us it's not a song he would have chosen for himself, but it has a nice melody and he hopes he doesn't fuck it up too bad. Or something like that. He hams it up to camera as he's pulling out the card from the bowl and stuff. Ryan tells us as he introduces Clay that the song is about Vincent Van Gogh, because otherwise it sounds like Clay is singing a tragically romantic song to another guy, and we can't have that on FOX. The opening strains play as Clay comes out to sit on The Stool of Seriousness. Which is slightly different from The Stool of Romance, even if they look the same. I immediately recognize the song when Clay starts singing, and clutch my pearls in horror. Or something like that. It's a total downer song. There's nothing wrong with downer songs. I love downer songs. You just try to pry my Peter Gabriel and Coldplay CDs away from me. But in the context of this show, songs like this are just not rewarded. These people like songs that have all the subtlety of getting hit in the face with a frying pan. And Clay's faux-serious facial expressions don't help. He looks like a supermodel trying to give a speech on homelessness. He's really trying to sell it, but he just can't. Actually, his voice is pretty clean and clear in the song, but he has to toss in unneeded glory notes and make me want to cut my own ear off. Oh, and he forgets the words for several seconds toward the end. In case you haven't followed the post-show drama in the media, the producers made Clay add another verse to the song not long before tonight's show. I wouldn't be surprised if they told Clay five minutes before the show starts next week that he had to sing his first song in French.

Judges. Randy says it was kind of boring and wasn't Clay's best performance. Paula agrees that it wasn't Clay's best, and points out that he forgot some of the lyrics. There's no mention that the lyrics he forgot were added at the last minute. And they've made absolutely no reference to Ruben and Joshua screwing up lyrics in previous rounds. I guess Josh had so many other problems that it hardly seemed worth the effort, but it's just bad form to ignore it when Ruben just sings the words in whatever order he feels like onstage and then make a big deal out of Clay's mistake. Paula points out that it happens to all performers occasionally, and you just have to move on. Simon declares the rendition "dreary." See, he should have smiled his way through it and projected warmth. Just because the song is about a mentally disturbed painter doesn't mean you have to be such a buzzkill about it. Simon says that Clay should be glad he's got two songs left. Clay heads over to Ryan, who points out that this was the hardest criticism yet. How does he come back from that? Clay responds, "You bring it." What, spirit fingers? Ryan tells us Clay has some interesting fashion choices to show off in the next rounds, but he's lying. Still no blah blah blah text-message-cakes.

I even loved how Shack hated Clay, with a pure and innocent hate (liberally sprinkled with mucho hated of Clay's fans). Of course, then he got all old and bitter and wrinkly and jealous. Trenyce wasn't even safe from him, and he loved some Trenyce.

Not counting actual felonies of physical harm (because honestly I wouldn't care about jewel thievery and such. That would be hot.)? If I rocked his world one night and he didn't tell me how good I am. That's about it.

Unless somebody is telling you that your opinion is dead wrong and you'r stupid I don't quite get it. If someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make you wrong. Nobody here is claiming to be an expert but we are probably all damn sure have our opinions and no one is expecting anyone to fall all over themselves to say OH YEAH you're right, let me kiss your ring finger. We're just having conversations here aren't we? I think I got lost in translation somewhere along the way.

Example - Ansa said Clay is a niche artist

Me. I said I don't agree with that here's why

Ansa - the reason I said he was a niche artist

isn't that just convo?

For the record I love your saying Cotton..it's what I live by on message boards, always have.

See, when people say they think Clay is a niche artist, my mind always mutters, "I'll just bet he is" and automatically goes to all kinds of hot, dark, and naughty places.

What.

Sociopath or war criminal works for me...never did get the "blowtorch puppy" analogy; but then I came to the fandom late and probably missed alot.

Kim

So basically we are only willing to dump Clay if he turns out to be a war criminal or sociopath?

I can see y'all saying, "But he had a really good reason for stealing borrowing the Hope Diamond! It needed to be cleaned or something. And it's not identity theft - hell, we gave him our licenses and credit cards and birth certificates and marriage certificates. He told us he needed them for radio play!"

Scarlett, I guess I'm considered a newbie, since I always read and never post. I can't imagine Clay EVER doing anything that I would consider a blowtorched puppy.

Edited by jmh123
fixing quote tags for ya

Based on recent events I guess some people on other boards consider their "blowtorched puppy" to be "if a sleazy media site reported that he had a baby with his best friend via AI or IV"? Or was it "if he appears on CNN wearing a red shirt that looks pink in screencaps?" Since we're still here, I guess those don't qualify as our BT puppies but I wonder, has anyone's definition of a blowtorched puppy changed since then (Sept 2007) and to the newbies, what would you consider to be your "blowtorched puppy"

The only thing that I can think of that would change my feeling about Clay would be if we found out that he simply wasn't the person that we think he is. I feel pretty safe here, because there are too many people that know him and think well of him, people since AI and from before. I firmly believe that even though we have only seen a part, what we have seen is real. That would be it though. His hair or clothes or even what he sings can't change how I feel about the person.