#37: Whenever he's ready, I'm ready for whatever he's ready for.

Thread Title Poll  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness.
    • He is so sexay when he's following his Passion!!!
    • He looks really, really, really good while exuding all that good stuff.
    • One hawt hunk of packin' perfection!
    • He's a man of character and integrity and talent.
    • Kurei Eikun? I LOVE that guy!
    • Sometimes Clay is just the sex, YKWIM??

I've worked in hospitals for a number of years, and have encountered several women who came in for some presumed medical issue, and gave birth to a baby instead. One girl came to the emergency room thinking she needed to have her appendix out, and ending having a baby instead. She said she thought she'd just been having gas for several months! Another was really mad at herself because she couldn't stop gaining weight. Yet another decided to take a bath because she thought it would ease her really horrible menstrual cramps. Her mother went into the bathroom when she heard her daughter moaning, and the mother ended up delivering the baby in the tub. In all of the cases, the families have been completely shocked. Some of the women have kept their babies, and others have given them up for adoption. It really goes to show the power of the mind when someone can completely deny something so huge!

I went to visit a girlfriend for weekend and sat and talked to her daughter. Two weeks later she called to tell me 'Surprise"the same daughter had had a baby! It was a total shock to all concerned. The Dr believed the girl went into deep denial!! She said she had no clue and thought she was really ill! I didn't see any baby bump and her mother who I knew really well had no idea at all. I never believed that you would not know but I have first hand proof that it can happen.

OK where is Clay....I miss him!

WoW! Teach me to go to bed early!

Dead horses - I don't think we really ever declare a horse dead, and sometimes someone who only checks the board once a day or whatever has a good fresh new perspective on a horse (actually, Heidi always does!) and that's why I'm glad the only vague "moratorium" or obituary might be for stating the same thing ad infinitum, or something like that!

Heidi, I like your geology analogy and think it perfect - in my line of work, companies will hire a person because they see the promise, not just for day 1 bottom line enhancement, unless we are talking lower level jobs that anyone can do anywhere, like filing or whatever. I wouldn't let a brand-new person program or test or fix anything right from the start, they need to understand the application and the culture first.

Just look what Carly Fiorina did to Hewlett-Packard. IMO, she was a cell phone marketing person who proceeded to try and run HP, a computer company, through the use of shiny brochures and marketing meetings. Didn't work. Don't know WTF they were thinking. Pissed me off when she and some others whined that she was being picked on because she was a woman, as if being a woman negated the sheer chutzpah and disregard for HP as an established company. And I knew people who worked there, men and women, and I also used their computers to run some of my company's applications, I did not get all my opinions on this from the media.

To see her name bandied about as a McCain VP possibility makes me laugh.

Waiting until marriage - my memory of Clay's answer to this was that he agreed it was a good idea, and laughed or smiled. Rolling Stone? Anyways, in many respects marriage is just a civil contract that was created in order to ensure the orderly flow of property from one generation to the next. It really is something that you just need to get a license for, you can get married at the circuit clerk office here in Florida. Love and respect certainly seem optional, whether blessed in a church or performed by a clerk who then says Next! Number 83! Counter 4!

It is what one does within the union that is important, IMO and all that.

I have always thought it would be best to change the word "marriage" to "civil union" in all aspects of law and contracts and such, and then the happy couple could go to the church of their choice for that optional frosting on the cake ceremony. If they were so inclined about the church thing. As a matter of fact, a church wedding is not legal without the license anyway. Nor does it guarantee any sort of lasting happiness. As many of us can attest to!

I have always thought that the reason Shack hated Clay was one part knowing that bashing Clay brought hits, and one part seeing that Clay changed the TwoP dynamics around - the attraction was no longer the TwoP Shack snark, posters were there for Clay. They were not moving on to chortle at Shack when season 3 came around, they stayed and talked about Clay. Not saying Shack was jellus, just saying the board dynamic changed, away from the mods.

No matter what the truthiness of the TMZ and people stuff, I can't see "scandal" no matter how squinty-eyed I look at it; the scandal is the violation of privacy.

I love Hotel California. A couple of days ago I saw an interviewer ask Don Henley what the meaning was. Henley first said he was so bored with that question, then he said to him it was a metaphor for the American way when an American got rich. Like he did, he was quick to add.

Hey, I cannot bear to hear Michael MacDonald sing anything whatsoever (Doobie Brothers), so it is not like I am all "uncritical" or anything!

Heh, the only thing about Boobgate that annoyed me was when the very same people who decided to post the link went on to denounce the way the picture got spread all over the internet. I think that was the reason Ron the God of Irony and Hypocrisy (smote'em department) was created.

Regarding the baby story and how people have reacted. In some cases, it just seems a few aren't using the same common sense they would use for RL. This is Clay's real life. It's a baby and I pray for a safe delivery and a healthy baby. This is probably close to Jaymes last month and I bet they're excited. I think I'm excited, too. I hope we get to see a wee picture.

I hope everyone is doing OK and for those that have a burden or two, I hope they lighten for you.

It's garbage pick up in the morning and all our cans are on the street! It's really going to be a mess if the bear decides to come visit. Hope I'm not boring anyone with all this bear talk, but it's a new thing for me! I used to just worry about the dog next door......this is a whole new situation!!!

Okay.

Where are the pics of the bear???

:whistling-1:

Good morning. No bear. I'm sure you're all pleased for me! :whistling-1:

What did Ryan Seacrest have to do with Boobgate? I thought Mezhghan (or whatever her name was) put it on her website and someone found it there and posted it. The thing is, I thought it was completely something Clay would do kidding around and the look on his face is what made me laugh so much. He's a joker and a kidder and he seems to love fooling around and teasing women - look what he does with his backups, especially Angela! I just don't think it ever occurred to him that someone would betray his trust and post the picture. I didn't feel he was being disrespectful..... but then who knows the context it was in. And whoever said - it's what probably led to him being more careful - I agree! There's probably a moment like that in every celebrity's life.

But on that note - and back to Seacrest - one of the other banal remarks he made on De Generes' show yesterday is that - and I'll paraphrase - he thinks alot of the younger celebrities enjoy seeing their lives played out in the tabloids - true stories or not! And he attributed it to their youth! Certainly just the opposite of Clay! So, I ask you, why don't the damn tabloids just give the publicity to those who want it and leave those who don't want it the hell alone!!!

As far as Clay/Jaymes/baby/parenthood, etc. this is such a polarized issue. People have reasons for feeling the way they do. Many are not even posting their opinions because of the reaction from other posters. I don't know that I feel like Clay has been pining away wanting a baby soooooo badly. But if some want to believe that - that's fine. In any case, this will be a bone of contention or discussion for another couple of months. Wish there was something else to talk about.....

Oh wait

:013085001176249046:

I wonder how you say that in Italian!!!

Hah -

Gradico Clay's estremità di

Mar15nshamrock1.jpg

Clay's estremita.

Cotton - where are the pictures of the bear? Hah! He comes in the night, sneaking down my driveway on bearpaws, quietly stepping on the Madrone leaves that are piling up. He spies the garbage can, sees the bungee cord and laughs! "I'm not afraid of no stinkin' bungee cord!" Then he politely rips it aside, pulls the lid open and sees the same coffee grounds and salsa containers he munched on last night (the caffeine keeping him awake all day and making him cranky!) But - ahah! He spies a steak bone! Bingo. Might as well dump the whole can out and see if she had company and there's another steak bone in there!.......and so on, and so on and so on. I only walked to the top of my driveway so don't know if he was tired of my stuff and went to another neighbors.

I thought BoobGate happened W-A-A-A-A-YYYY before Janet Jackson and whatzizname!!!

I just saw whatzizname on tv. DH is watching ESPN and whatzizname is going to be hosting some sports awards show or something.

WTF?!

I said to DH, "I don't get it, I think he is one of the least . . ."

DH chimed in, "athletic?". Me - "masculine - men I've ever seen!"

DH was having a kind of WTF moment over it, too. I mean, the guy's voice is even kind of squeaky. I sure don't get his appeal.

clayzdover, loved your post.

I'm such a dork.

I got up to get ready for work. Was having my morning oatmeal (yeah, exciting!) and DH called to me - "You don't work today!!!"

I'm on the schedule for tomorrow, not today!

:needclay:

ETA:

Iseeme, I kinda like the picture you posted more than any bear pic!!!

Hee - having some fun with babelfish.

Here's sweetsingerman...

Uomo dolce del cantante

___albany8.jpg

And CM - I see you down there - what the heck was going on with his bow that day?

Yeah, HP's a great example of how other things than the bottom line affects business.

Shack? I loved Shack when he was funny (of course I never got the smackdown from the mods there). I think the Clay hate really showed up because AI2 really did mark a transition of the website (though I really think Spike started it - I remember Shack realizing that Clay was the new Spike...good times, good times...) - they had a HUGE influx of people who really didn't understand the culture - and fought to change it.

Still love Hotel California, but will make sure I keep another favorite, the always deep Sugar, Sugar on hand for kf!

Never understood the brouhaha over Boobgate - I don't think he thought about it hitting the internet - it was a funny/stupid very young adult moment; I've had more of them then I can count (or remember) - happily, bronze-age technology was such that y'all can't prove any of it! Ha!

Clayzedover, excellent post. You expressed my thoughts perfectly.

djs111, I really liked this, and completely agree.....

No matter what the truthiness of the TMZ and people stuff, I can't see "scandal" no matter how squinty-eyed I look at it; the scandal is the violation of privacy.

I'm a newbie but I really like the maturity and thoughtfulness of this board. You don't always agree, but you're each respectful of other's opinions, (even if, in your mind, you think they're full of crap)! :whistling-1:

Me, I like Clay's butt, and his nose, and his eyelashes, and his fingers, and the hair on the base of his neck, and his BEARD (takes a moment...), but I'm a frontal girl, so best of all, I like his big red bow...

ClayFormal-1.gif

Acoughcoughmoment.jpg

I like this emoticon -

But I think this one is a lot funnier!

:claysbutt-1:

GR107.jpg

thegreatestassofall.jpg

327922647_d4b2676237.jpg

And now, I'm off to work. Hopefully I won't encounter a women who just gave birth to a baby, and didn't know she was pregnant! :hysterical: Let me tell you, I pretty much have to drop everything else when that happens and spend a day or two with the woman and her family to help them figure out what to do.

From butterflyshine at CV:

Clay content...from my UNICEF contact she said we can expect Clay's first fieldnotes blog today....yay !!!

:dancingpickle:

Hee, I was listening to FIEKY on the way to work and the line "putting one foot in front of the other, maybe today" jumped out at me. Guess it was a sign! ;)

Yay for possible UNICEF Fieldnotes blog...

I'm going to pout and say "I don't love Clay's butt." Sorry, I still think he doesn't have one, although it did get good for a bit during Spamalot. (That's what dancing will do for you!) Actually, I'd love an emoticon about Clay in glasses...flove that.

I think we're behind on this: Lecherous Broads for Clay Aiken

Was battle 8 mentioned here? It's the Invisible video vs. BOTW from AI2. As much as I loved the skateboarders (HAR HAR), and actually thought Clay was really adorable in Invisible, I had to go with BOTW. That was such a watercooloer moment.

Battle 9 is the Kyrie from Raleigh vs. Livin' La Vida Loca from Cary. First of all -- did Clay wear the fedora at Raleigh? Because I didn't think he did, so I'm wondering if the clip isn't right... Anyway, though -- I still voted for Kyrie. I can only imagine what it was like to have been in the audience that evening, and get chills thinking about it.

Boobgate happened in May 2004, I believe. Janet Jackson boobgate happened in January 2005.

I'm a frontal girl, so best of all, I like his big red bow...

(Muski sees a woman who might have some...interesting...pics from her photobucket to steal borrow.)

Ah, Claymatron.... allow me to introduce myself :sleezy:

Back to the office today. Crap. :crapsign: Crazy week ahead there before heading off for the conference. Crap. :officework:

Wait...that's not right.

Back to the office today. Oh JOY! :Boss: Crazy week ahead there before heading off for the conference. Oh JOY! :woohoo: .

(trying out that "look for the silver lining" thingy.. :lilredani: )

Boobgate happened in May 2004, I believe. Janet Jackson boobgate happened in January 2005.

Thanks!

I thought Boobgate came first!

I do remember Clay commenting on JanetGate, though. And I don't think he would have ripped/revealed that thang in public!

Big difference between joking amongst friends and national tv!!!

Cotton said:

I do remember Clay commenting on JanetGate, though. And I don't think he would have ripped/revealed that thang in public!

Big difference between joking amongst friends and national tv!!!

Heeeee.....remember the SNL intro he made with Megan Mullally? She ripped a piece off of Clay's shirt and exposed his nipple! On national TV! I am sure it will take about 23 seconds for someone to find a picture of the Clipple.......

BWAH HA HA! OMG, couchie, where ya been? Under a rock? :cryingwlaughter:

apparantly. Ansa has told me that it is Harry Potter character and I haven't read the book or watched the movie. It's my Forest Gump LdyJ hee.

Don't know what Ryan has to do with boobgate either..other than the picture was taken backstage somewhere that day IIRC. He could have been in the room having fun as well. He was in no way connected to the picture to the general public. I wouldn't even put that and baring your flesh on national TV in the same universe. I just like the sparkly in his eyes hee.

Cotton: Thanks I did get it ..I think it was explained over there but I'd since forgotten since you know..it'sa botu Harry Potter. heee I promise to add your I love clay's butt before I head to work in a few hours. Cindilu has said she'd make some other emoticons...if I can just get the stuff to her. I'll try to get that done as well.

So what's the exact definition for "WORD" so we can get the chinese letters for that as well..and maybe "VIEW NEW POSTS" just for me heee.

WORD - I totally agree

VIEW NEW POSTS - VIEW NEW POSTS :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Oh, yeah.

And SNL played the mess outta that MM/Clay shirt rip in the promos, too!

Did they even use it on the show itself?

Or just in the promos?

He's a Fun-NEE man!

ETA:

Couchie, what's so funny about Voldemort is that that character is constantly referred to as "He who shall not be named"!!!

EATA:

Permaswooned has lines!

I hope that means purdy pictures!!!

Oh, yeah.

And SNL played the mess outta that MM/Clay shirt rip in the promos, too!

Did they even use it on the show itself?

Or just in the promos?

He's a Fun-NEE man!

ETA:

Couchie, what's so funny about Voldemort is that that character is constantly referred to as "He who shall not be named"!!!

EATA:

Permaswooned has lines!

I hope that means purdy pictures!!!

Cotton - I don't think they ever used it in the show. but I think Clay and Megan M got to be good friends during that time!

Here's the pic I have saved:

boobcident.jpg

there is also THIS - JANET'S SUPER BOWL SHOW

Dare we post the Mezghan picture?? LOL Maybe Ryan was holding the camera? Hmmmmmmmm.......

Oooooo!!! Ooooooo!!! (tm Horshack)!!

I happen to be up to date on all things boob related.

I am working on a digital scrapbook project, since my pictures are hopelessly disorganized. Because I am not a linear person, I started with my Wango Tango pictures, because all of those pictures have been re-edited since my editing skill improved. That was in May 2004, so I thought I should work on other 2004 stuff.

I'm using a lot of amazing wallpapers to help me with my timeline. I know everyone has been lost in YouTube lately, but if you want to see an amazing documentation of Clay's journey, I cannot recommend highly enough the collages that fountaindawg has put together for the Clay Aiken Kids website. There is a ton of stuff here that otherwise would have been completely lost. I have premium photo accounts at photobucket and smugmug, so it never really occurred to me that people with regular accounts run out of room and have to remove stuff. I am kicking myself unmercifully that I didn't save some of the incredible screencaps and other pictures when they were posted, because they are long gone now.

Here's her header page for 2004:

328022988_dzxW6-XL.jpg

Here's the link for their main photo page:

http://picasaweb.google.com/clayaikenkids

If you start wandering around in there, you will be lost for days. Trust me.

As it happens, I'm working on February 2004 as we speak, so I know all this boob stuff.

February 1, 2004: Janet Jackson & Justin Timberlake do the half-time show at the Super Bowl with the famous wardrobe malfunction

The week that follows: Promos for SNL appear with Megan Mullaly tearing off part of Clay's shirt revealing the clipple.

February 7, 2004: Clay is actually ON SNL. ***sigh***

February 8, 2004: Clay is interviewed on Dateline regarding the SuperBowl JJ/JT fiasco. My God those were innocent, family friendly times.

328027657_3HDjV-L.jpg

February 16, 2004: Clay was on Ryan Seacrest's OAWRS show with Kelly C. to promote the IT. He was wearing the yummy jeans, white shirt and skinny tie. Mezghan was the makeup person for Ryan's show. The Boobgate pic was taken that day backstage with him in the yummy TV outfit. Mezghan posted some innocuous backstage photos on her website. A tech-savvy fan started fiddling with the photo extensions from the web links. The pictures on the website were let's say, pics 001 & 002. By changing the extension to 003, voila there was Clay with two handfuls of boobs and a big grin. Lordy, you think IIT/INT/IIU/whatever is controversial? One week after his pious Dateline interview, you could hear the pedestals crashing all over Clay Nation. Was this the start of the death of TTC as a huge website? I didn't post there, but that rings a bell.

SO.....Janet Jackson was first. But only by 2 weeks.

I'm so glad I could clarify this for y'all. My work here is done, so I can now....um...work.

ETA: Oops. Thanks chach. I fixed the date.

Whoops. I could have sworn the Janet Jackson thing was AFTER Clay's appearance on Ryan's show, but a Google search tells me that I'm wrong, and the lovely Perma is right!

ETA to add that the boob picture didn't show up in the fandom though until May 21, 2004 -- I just did a search for that on the CH.

Whoops. I could have sworn the Janet Jackson thing was AFTER Clay's appearance on Ryan's show, but a Google search tells me that I'm wrong, and the lovely Perma is right!

Except for in the post one says 2006 and the other says 2004. I think one might be a typo? The 2006 one? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

:o

That kind of mistake might get your fan card revoked in some places, ldyj... just sayin'...

:hysterical:

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

:o

That kind of mistake might get your fan card revoked in some places, ldyj... just sayin'...

:hysterical:

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

What can I say? I'm getting old and feeble regarding dates of things. But it's scary that I could pretty much remember exactly when we got the boob picture, and the date of Clay's SNL appearance...but the Janet Jackson thing was totally out of my mind. My husband's birthday sometimes falls into that category too. *g*