#38: The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title???

• I love him. I want him to have a life.
    • Parker Foster Aiken, The little man is ... as loud as his daddy
    • Well, Yes, that is my baby, extended version
    • Clay creates family everywhere he goes.
    • "The little man is healthy, happy, and as loud as his daddy"
    • Maybe Clay is holding that little guy on his chest, kissing his head. I don't care about anything else.
    • Yes, That Is My Baby or would Jack Black be coming after us for copyright infringement, LOL!
    • He's a Daddy! And that's just Joy on a Stick!

Oh, MAN!! Ticket stress! Couldn't get in until 12:06, but my order processed so I hope that's good news.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! (Primal scream therapy) :lmaosmiley-1:

Ok, last week while driving in SF, everyone ELSE in the car EXCEPT me said that they were gonna go. (according to KAndre, Ron the God of Irony is loosening up his hammer)... Well today I kinda logged on out of habit...fingers moved on their own... and then what do I find -- no one else in that car has gotten any tickets yet!

FromClaygary, you may have to adopt me in case my order gets processed. Besides, we haven't slept together yet, have we? *winks*

Looks like we all got through. If so, we may have one or two extras. Will keep you all posted. :)

BTW I got my email already, but it says my credit card address verification failed. I am hoping that is just a Canadian thing. *bites nails*

Oh, MAN!! Ticket stress! Couldn't get in until 12:06, but my order processed so I hope that's good news.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! (Primal scream therapy) :lmaosmiley-1:

Ok, last week while driving in SF, everyone ELSE in the car EXCEPT me said that they were gonna go. (according to KAndre, Ron the God of Irony is loosening up his hammer)... Well today I kinda logged on out of habit... and then what do I find -- no one else in that car has gotten any tickets yet!

FromClaygary, you may have to adopt me in case my order gets processed. Besides, we haven't slept together yet, have we? *winks*

Not a problem! I have a room at the hotel! Now I see many people (EXcluding me) have gotten a confirmation email.....MORE stress!! AAAAAaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! MORE primal scream therapy!!

me myb did you get an email?

Congrats to all who are getting tickets for the Gala...looking forward to living vicariously through all of you!

Kim

Abba has been on my mind this week, since I first saw Mama Mia on Wednesday, and again on Saturday. On Wednesday, it was me and my sister and 30 or 40 senior citizens! We were lumped in with them and my sister even got the senior rate ticket! So I guess we blended right in.

I saw it twice yesterday. Someone in out bunco group suggested brunch at IHoP and a 12:30 PMshow. We couldn't believe it, but the theatre was almost all filled up!!

When I told mrchach what we had seen, he said he wanted to see it! So we ended up going to a midnight show last night! It was quite a contrast, as we were the only ones in the place! We got up and danced a couple of times, and I looked over at him a few times and he was just grinning!

I asked him his favorite scene, and he said in the beginning when Donna sings "Mama Mia" when she first sees Sam, Bill, and Harry. My favorites are when Donna, Rosie, and Tanya sing together, Dancing Queen, and Super Trooper, and at the end. I thought Meryl S did a great job, and I love Pierce B, even if he can't sing, he looks great in tight blue jeans!!

Now I want to go to NYC and see the play!!

Onstage, it's the 3 friends who steal the show and these were also the scenes that stuck in my mind the most. I think that in the movie, they expanded the 3 guys' parts to balance things out a bit. It was the girls that I liked on stage and I missed that a lot with the movie.

Be warned, though, that some people who watched the show in NY last February didn't like it -- not sure if it was because of the cast or maybe it was because they would've rather have been at Spamalot. Casts change and though I was v. happy with the 3 shows I've seen, I guess things can vary somewhat.

Just scrolling through my Spamalot pictures tonight and I thought I would share this. Mr. Salt took lots of pictures, but we desperately need a new camera, so this is one of the better ones.

Thanks for sharing! I think I was there too, so that'll be a nice memory.

BTW, JazzyMedley and MCWL are up too.

OK - this might be a dumb question!! But I have downloaded the Original Cast recording of Mamma Mia. It says "Abba" in the artist column. But it's the cast singing right? Not Abba?? (told you it was dumb!) But I'm confused!!

LOVE THIS!!! March was the only month I didn't go!

P1080504.jpg

Just scrolling through my Spamalot pictures tonight and I thought I would share this. Mr. Salt took lots of pictures, but we desperately need a new camera, so this is one of the better ones.

March 16.

Scarlett - I think you're two-timing me. Fortunately I have someone waiting in the wings.... :cryingwlaughter:
Nooooo!!! It's just a logistics thing, really!! *bats eyelashes at Iseeme*

Wait a sec, what's this about someone waiting in the wings?!! *looks about suspiciously*

Not a problem! I have a room at the hotel! Now I see many people (EXcluding me) have gotten a confirmation email.....MORE stress!! AAAAAaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! MORE primal scream therapy!!

me myb did you get an email?

I haven't gotten an e-mail either, but maybe I've forgotten how to type. It's been a long while... :cryingwlaughter: Ithe e-mail doesn't work, I hope I got the phone right.

OK - this might be a dumb question!! But I have downloaded the Original Cast recording of Mamma Mia. It says "Abba" in the artist column. But it's the cast singing right? Not Abba?? (told you it was dumb!) But I'm confused!!

Yes, it's the original Broadway cast. I wish you had told me before buying, I have 2 of those CD's. I hope you like it because it won't have the "familiar" (and probably "happier") sound of the original songs.

The BAF page now says that the tickets to the 2008 gala are sold out. So now we wait and see about those confirmation emails! :)

Good luck to all. Hoping everyone got one who wanted one.

In an hour. WOW. Wonder how many there were?

Nice to see the fandom hasn't lost its touch!

Kim

Yay!

And there's Countdown Kim.....the eternal optimist!

I love seeing your red posts!

Yep, thought we were close enough now to start counting down and hopefully, before long, I will have more to add to it! I really do believe we will be seeing Clay before October!

Kim

I'm with that

Are we having a next time we see him on TV contest? I pick August 25

Can we start a thread for fans going to the Gala? I don't know exactly how to do it. It might be easier for those needing rooms or rides. Congratulations to those who have tickets. You are all welcome to stay with me but I do live 100 miles or so outside of Raleigh. Ugh!

ETA Playbiller just hates cats. Of course mine are sometimes unbearable, fighting and meowing at times. But we love them just the same. The good news is only one stays in the house and the other sleeps a lot.

Can we start a thread for fans going to the Gala? I don't know exactly how to do it. It might be easier for those needing rooms or rides. You are all welcome to stay with me but I do live 100 miles or so outside of Raleigh. Ugh!

I didn't get a ticket - but can I come anyway??? LOL

I have a niece about 30 miles outside of Raleigh I can stay with tho - are you north or south of the city? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Scarlett - you are right! Not quite the same! But I also have the original Abba Greatest Hits to fall back on, and I also got the movie soundtrack. So I'm all set!! Thanks for the offer!!

eta: I've also noticed there are a couple songs in the Broadway show not in the movie. But I loved the movie!!! :D

I got an email back from BAF saying that their system hates Canadian addresses, so if any other Claynadians get an address verification rejection thingy, don't worry. He says he is in the process of releasing them.

Psssst - [sv]she has cats[/sv] Shhhhh don't tell her I told you.

Oooooh - we could build a shrubbery!

We already have one, it's here. :)

Duh!! I even looked for it.

Can we start a thread for fans going to the Gala? I don't know exactly how to do it. It might be easier for those needing rooms or rides. You are all welcome to stay with me but I do live 100 miles or so outside of Raleigh. Ugh!

I didn't get a ticket - but can I come anyway??? LOL

I have a niece about 30 miles outside of Raleigh I can stay with tho - are you north or south of the city? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Northwest of Raleigh, a little closer to Charlotte. Come on down.

Psssst - [sv]she has cats[/sv] Shhhhh don't tell her I told you.

Oooooh - we could build a shrubbery!

Ha! Thats funny.

I love the pictures and the wonderful memories. I'm waiting for Clay's next thing after he and Jaymes have their baby, IIT. The fandom is so weird right now, I just wondered if anyone is planning on knitting or gifting or whatever people do. I hope we see a picture of them all together. Fri. is Aug 1st. It won't be long now. I wish I had a ticket to the Gala, but I'm working on it.

Since the baby will be well-cared for; I hope if people do feel the need to "gift"; perhaps it would be more beneficial to make a gift to a local hospital, charity, etc....

Kim

Yep...I'm telling you, celebrities don't need stuff like this. They have enough and more than they could ever use.

When the "news" first broke re the baby, I had an image of Jaymes being inundated with hand knit and crocheted gifts for the baby and I shuddered. Too right celebrities have enough and I hope that the urge to give will translate to donating to groups that benefit children in need.

One group that does a great deal with AIDS orphans in Africa being raised by their grandmothers is the group founded by Stephen Lewis who was once Canada's ambassador to the UN and it does so with minimal overhead costs. Grandmothers To Grandmothers

Anyone have experience with Dell laptops? Good? Bad? Suggestions? Thanks! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Lotus, thanks for the link. I'm not a grandmother, but I have a grand-puppy. Does that count? LOL It looks like a very worthwhile organization. And there are some links on their calendar for fundraisers that might be local to some in Canada.

When the "news" first broke re the baby, I had an image of Jaymes being inundated with hand knit and crocheted gifts for the baby and I shuddered. Too right celebrities have enough and I hope that the urge to give will translate to donating to groups that benefit children in need.

One group that does a great deal with AIDS orphans in Africa being raised by their grandmothers is the group founded by Stephen Lewis who was once Canada's ambassador to the UN and it does so with minimal overhead costs. Grandmothers To Grandmothers

That's an excellent idea Lotus - thanks for the link. Another option (especially for Cdns who don't get a direct tax deduction) is to become a UNICEF Global Parent - it's an automatic deduction every month and goes to a child/family in need. I think that's what I'm leaning toward doing. Here's their link:

UNICEF Canada Global Parent

I meant to answer Scarlett's earlier question about what the shawl Meryl/Donna wears in MM is made of - to me, it looks like the silk used for saris, especially since it looked like there were beads worked into the fringe. It was just beautiful in the wind, wasn't it? :)

Congrats to all of you going to the gala - you know we'll be waiting for all the details..sniff!