#40: He simply makes me smile when I see him.

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title Poll  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• He looks great, he looks happy and healhty...me likey, me happy!
    • He makes me go broke with a smile on my face!
    • He is excessively, endlessly, adorably CUTE!!!!!!!!
    • God the voice is gorgeous. I'll never take it for granted.
    • Break open those piggy banks! Remember - if you choose to rob a bank, just don't wear a Clay Aiken t-shirt!
    • Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!
    • Clay has some serious mojo!!!
    • He sings. He dances. He talks. He wears PANTS! verra, verra niiiicely. The rest is just noise!
    • Someone take the measure of that man!
    • Who CARES? He's hot!!!
    • But in the final analysis - he could be bald and I would still love him.
    • Is there ever enough Clay?
    • He's Clay, you know. The hotness intensifies as time goes by.

Aikim I can understand a bit where you're coming from but really even though I call things shipping I've never in the past 5 years thought Clay was really involved with Kim, Angela, Tyra, Hannah. Heee..those are my ships. I think as long as Clay's relationship remains unclear the fun and fantasy will continue cuz just plain parenthood doesn't make him taken. But really, I don't even think this is about shipping but the picture just lends itself to comment and expressions of GAH.

EXACTLY. <g> I don’t even think I was shipping at all – but a picture of him with bedroom eyes and a beautiful woman, leads to thoughts of him in a bedroom. Doing stuff. <g>

Thanks for trying to get the CITH recommendations done, ldyj! I'd like to put some different versions of CITH songs in my pocket pc soon, and it's always good to get people's recommendations. Right now I have mimefans' DC wavs, which are gorgeous, but I'd like some variety. The CITH arrangements were so gorgeous - I think CITH is the best Clay Christmas music yet!

Garou-You Can Leave Your Hat On

Just one of the many. Dance on dudettes.

And that ladies is how you kill a thread ;)

I really enjoyed that youtube! He has a totally different vocal style than Clay, but his style really works on that song. GUH, to hear Clay sing that song - it would incinerate me! :hubbahubba:

And that ladies is how you kill a thread ;)

I really enjoyed that youtube! He has a totally different vocal style than Clay, but his style really works on that song. GUH, to hear Clay sing that song - it would incinerate me! :hubbahubba:

I like

better! (Leave Your Hat On! montage)

"You give me reason to live" heh

Question for anyone who was in Merrillville last year at Christmas - are there any FCA pix? I remember we all got together at a restaurant after the show (well, those of us who weren't rendering clack *g*) but I can't find anything in my pictures folders. TIA for any pms.

Tech Help Needed!

My hubby has a large record collection and I started tonight making a list...I saved the list to a floppy disc, but when I put the disc into my computer it says it cannot read the disc and will not open it.

Any ideas on how I can retrieve the information...I am going to be really pissed if I have to retype everything. Don't know why it saved it but cannot read it.

Help!

Kim

Love the ad in the NY Times. May have to head out to Starbucks tomorrow for a copy or two myself! More Spam promo - from CravingClay at CV:

When you search Activities in NYC this fall on Expedia.com, you get this:

post-1730-1220754991_thumb.jpg

:)

Haven't been around much lately (not that anyone noticed I am sure.....). Work's been a bitch, my sinuses have been a bitch and I have been too tired.....

So I finally came online and saw this:

gallery_553_38_10547.jpg

GAH!!!!! You know that old expression - a picture's worth a thousand words????? :whistling-1:

Happy birthday, ausdon!

Haven't commented on the Hannah/Clay picture...knowing that Clay is with Jaymes and the baby in NC, it is just a little squicky to me to be shipping him with Hannah...probably the Lone Ranger on this one.

Kim

They say you're never alone in the Claynation, and I feel squicky about it too, even though I love Hannah to death and adore that photo of the two of them. My interpretation of Clay's expression is that he looks schmoopie and sad that Hannah is leaving the show and he got a little sentimental about it. Somehow though, until he absolutely denies a romantic relationship with Jaymes, I'm gonna feel funny about shipping him with anyone else. Think I'll just ship him with Parker for the time being.

God, I sound like such a prude...and anyone who knows me, knows that isn't true...AT ALL! (waves to cindilu2, luckiest1, From Claygary, goldarngirl, Bella 19, heinz and Iseeme!) :whistling-1:

I do have to agree on the statement "Wow, and GAH!" however! :hubbahubba:

For me, until Clay absolutely says he IS in a romantic relationship with Jaymes, I will continue to enjoy shipping him with anyone he looks like this with in a picture......

gallery_553_38_10547.jpg

God I love this picture!!!

Love the new NYT ad! I guess I should try and find one to go with my original one, but alas I have no clue where to go around here! If anyone has extras......

aikim

This isn't what you want to hear but those floppy disks are not at all reliable. (I actually had to stop and think... FLOPPY disk? Oh yes, I remember LOL) Hopefully yours isn't too bad and you can retrieve your work. However, don't use them for storing anything worth saving or anything you took the trouble to type and save, important or not.

Just a suggestion... open a gmail account (www.gmail.com). It gives you a massive amount of free storage. Then use it to store your data - non-sensitive information... I wouldn't ever recommend using anything on the net to store personal and sensitive information. Back that up offline.

Because gmail is owned by Google, it has some terrific search features to make it easy for you to store and find anything in your email account. You can even color code your folders so that the important ones stand out.

They also have a fantastic spam filter.

They have some unique features. I stopped using ISP email accounts when the 3rd ISP company - in a row - went bust and I lost my email address. So now i use gmail exclusively. I have a different account for different things. They also have a fantastic forwarding feature (which Yahoo charges for) so that you can have all your gmail forwarded to a primary email address that you keep to yourself. I don't give ANYONE my primary email address to protect it from junk mail. I don't use it to send email from either, I simply have it to receive forwarded emails from other email accounts. This means no matter how many gmail accounts I have, I only need to check ONE email address.

WARNING: The only thing about gmail that is unique and confuses people new to it is that when you put something in a folder, you will still see it in your INbox. To remove it from the inbox, select Archive, NOT Delete. If you delete it, it will be gone from the folder as well. However, if you accidentally delete something, you can get it back by clicking on UNDO.

I am one of the first people to get a gmail account.... back when it was in beta and limited to a few invitations per person, and I have loved it from day one. No, I don't have shares in Google but I sure as heck wish I did! I will admit that I am a technical dunce for most things relating to the computer but when it comes to webmail, I have tried numerous different ones and gmail is so far in front of the rest it isn't funny!

Tech Help Needed!

My hubby has a large record collection and I started tonight making a list...I saved the list to a floppy disc, but when I put the disc into my computer it says it cannot read the disc and will not open it.

Any ideas on how I can retrieve the information...I am going to be really pissed if I have to retype everything. Don't know why it saved it but cannot read it.

Help!

Kim

Which computer did you use to write to the floppy disk? I'm a bit confused about the "when I put the disk into my computer it says it cannot read the disk" part. If we are talking about 2 computers, what happens when you put the disk back into the one that wrote it? Were there no error messages at all? How much work went into that file you saved?

I love GMail too! It really has a great Spam filter. It was funny I was one of the first to use it too and I used to have people say "How did you get one. Can I get an invitation?" Hee that used to be fun. The only thing I had to get used to was having "conversations" which others don't do but once I got used to it I loved it.

I have been sitting here re-watching Hometown Connection and really early Clay Clack. Boy he was so good even back then but the shiny outfits. Well nuff said!

I have been backing up my iTunes in preparation for my new machine that DH is going to get me! In the middle of it I get an error message and iTunes closes and now the CD drive won't open! It is driving me crazy! I don't want to lose all my stuff but if it won't let me back up......

Heh, and G-mail has been accused of a lot of privacy violating actions as well. There are people lobbying Google to drop G-mail. I read an article this moring when I was googling internet privacy, one of my favorite googles. - hey, some people read message boards, others read google results. Now I have to buy a new stove and sink, but that is another matter.

Aw CG you just like Hannah because she is a blonde - right? hee.

Hey, I found the ignore button and put it to good use, nice to actually look around this site that was set up so considerately, I just never thought actaully not have people just tell me, but to have to look myself, actually do stuff for myself instead of being catered too? Well puts left arm across chest, places right elbow on said arm and rests chin on right palm. - and sighs

personal - feel free to scroll - no Clay here at all - OK, I am punch drunk right now - don't ask about the drive hime when the storm hit earlier than expected where sometimes I could not see a few feet in front of me, should have left earlier, but it was a great beach day. Then I walk in the door and hear beep beep beep beep over and over and over, and I suddenly realize it is coming from teh basement - it is the water frog I got to tell me when there is water on the floor - Yep, there is water on the floor, not too bad though, about 40 minutes of mopping before I realized I was losing the battle, so I went out in the pouring rain to bail out my window well, See - my neighbors raised their yard 1 foot higher, and then mulched like crazy, Well, I cleaned besidesthe house before I left, but the puring rain drove more mulch by the fron of my house and since it drains from back to front, the water piled up so high, it came in the cellar windows - I had to dig out about 6 inches of mulch for 10 feet and then empty where the ater backed up. I had to come out twice more in the pouring rain to do it again, (really hate my neighbors and I thought I would never hate anyone again, haven't hated anyone since I was 25 when I found it made me ill, and didn't do a thing to them - don't even hate my ex) Tooks some breaks, caught up on project runway.

I have to spend a lot of money to resurvey the property, then hire someone to build me a solid wall that will keep their crap on their property.

Back to Clay stuff!!

I thought no one paid any attention to my claims about Clay's overseas sales, but then I went to Carolina Clay's site - nice to know someone finds it interesting.- shoudl I keep up tracking it?

Oh, I forgot - for some reason one of my youtubes - Clay Aiken does the weather - was embedded on a golf site. Now I have to check for idiot comments. But niceto see how many people are actually watching it and the demographic has more males appearing.

So, after initially feeling "gah" at those sexy bedroom eyes I thought...he's probably just tired.. Darn!

This is my very first post here!! So first of all, Hi. :handshake:

And now......my very first disagreement..he's not tired. He's "content". Very "content".

:lol2:

Please let me think he's "content". :whistling-1:

Well sure you can think he's content.

We all have different filters and I sincerely wish that the filter now in my head was not there.

goldarngirl

I do want to share another little youtube that we found last night though. This has a Clay connection so I will share here. This gentleman sang on the William Joseph album. He sang 'Dust In The Wind'. Lotus and I danced up a storm in our chairs last night over this one.

Thanks...I danced on again.

And Cotton thanks for posting the Clay montage version.

Oh, I am looking out my front window at a beautiful almost half moon hanging in a sky tinged with pink at the horizon.

So, after initially feeling "gah" at those sexy bedroom eyes I thought...he's probably just tired.. Darn!

And now......my very first disagreement..he's not tired. He's "content". Very "content".

Well, Hi! :hello: And Welcome, lynnie! :welcome:

Glad you're OK, Cotton & cha cha.

Sorry about your neighbors and the mess they caused you, Play. Btw, I like reading about Clay's international sales - any news about OMWH selling is good news!

Heh, and G-mail has been accused of a lot of privacy violating actions as well.
There are people lobbying Google to drop G-mail.
I read an article this moring when I was googling internet privacy, one of my favorite googles.

Can't see them winning ...If anything, Google will make gmail more secure if they get enough complaints. That is what they did with something else. They spent years creating and fine-tuning gmail, I don't see anything happening to gmail except improvements. In the several years I have used gmail, I have never had a problem that wasn't MY own fault. However, as I said, never store anything online that is private. However, since my really private information represents a tiny percentage of my non-private info or data, gmail has been a simply brilliant convenience. For example, my claytonic2007@gmail.com email address I use exclusively for ANYTHING relating to Clay. This means I can organize Clay stuff into folders and find things easily. Yet, if you send me an email to that email address, I receive it at another email account that is NOT gmail, and that I never send email from. I know so many people who are overwhelmed with the amount of email they get, and I no longer have that problem because I have the system set up to do it all for me.

ETA: by coincidence, I was listening to the radio and they were talking about Google and how it is such a fixture on the net that it is hard to believe it has only been around for 10 years, especially now that it is so much part of our vocab as a Proper Noun, a Verb etc. Then someone mentioned the privacy/security issue with Google Maps, where you could apparently even see the faces of people. When they got a lot of complaints from people alarmed about their privacy (lol two people who shouldn't be together, caught together) Google changed it to blur the faces. I heard this on the radio so I am only repeating what I heard, I am not stating facts since I haven't checked it for reliable information.

There, there lynnie...**hands lynnie a hankie**...this is FCA, you're allowed to think whatever you want. If you want to think he's very content, well you just go right ahead. As for myself, I just can't ship Clay with Hannah or Jaymes or anyone else at the present. I just don't get the feeling that he's in a relationship right now. Other than a father/son relationship.

Sorry I've been missing in action for so long. We have a new little addition to the family that's taking up every spare minute of my time. I noticed a while back that Couchie announced that she had a new niece. Well...I have a new grandpuppy. It's a girl! Maybe they could be little Claymate friends, Couchie. She's adorable and she's a handful. :wub:

Oh, have I mentioned that I get to see Spamalot this time around? I haven't? Well..... :polon: EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! I'M GOING TO SPAMALOT!!

Haven't had a chance to post in awhile because of school and getting wrapped up in the political news stuff going on lately. However, I wanted to say welcome to lynnie. Are you the same lynnie from the shed and the cb? Hope to see more posts, and hopefully in a couple of weeks, we'll have lots of Clay content to keep us content. Contents probably not the right word, more like highly excited.

Off to bed for me now, have lots of work and studying to do tomorrow.

And Cotton thanks for posting the Clay montage version.

Thanks for mentioning. I enjoyed the look back on that one!

Lordy - I wish the new Daddy would blog or post a family portrait or something.

You know the natives get restless when he's away so long.

I'm not sure how much longer the smooshy picture of Clay and Hannah is going to hold the attention of the ADHD ClayNation! :cryingwlaughter:

I'm going to bed with OMWH playing me to sleep!

:nightienight:

~down down down~

Congratulations Bookwhore. I know you'll have a great time seeing Clay in Spamalot.

In that photo of Clay and Hannah, Clay's pupils appear to be dilated, which might enhance his eyes. So either he had his eyes examined that day, the flash affected his eyes or he is having a good time. His smile is great there also.

Have a good night!

Sorry I've been missing in action for so long. We have a new little addition to the family that's taking up every spare minute of my time. I noticed a while back that Couchie announced that she had a new niece. Well...I have a new grandpuppy. It's a girl! Maybe they could be little Claymate friends, Couchie. She's adorable and she's a handful. :wub:

Oh, have I mentioned that I get to see Spamalot this time around? I haven't? Well..... :polon: EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! I'M GOING TO SPAMALOT!!

Yay so happy. Hope it's January so I can see you again.

As for our new canine relatives..sounds good to me. What's your puppy's name... Neela needs company. And Ansa has a new puppy too. They named her Monster LOL

Hi Lynnie...welcome to FCA! That picture definitely does something FOR me. He's a dichotamy that one, very interesting and NEVER boring.

Hey wandacleo... ME TOO ME TOO on wanting to see the baby.

I love gmail too. Haven't figured out the email forwarding thing yet, but I will one of these days. I love the way it creates threads from emails, so that all replies are kept together. I love the way you can put things in folders and archive them. I love the search email function. I love the storage. I love the chat option.

Did you know that Google is marketing it's search functionality? The company I work for has just bought it, to search our databases quickly and inexpensively. It is limited to a certain # of records, but it can be upgraded for more $$. I haven't had the opportunity to use it yet, but they seem quite excited about it.

I love the new Clannah picture and I don't see the harm in saying that. He definitely has an interesting look on his face! None of my Clay fantasies are likely real anyways, so a little bit of harmless shipping doesn't squick me out. I am not privy to the details of his relationship with Jaymes, but I am sure that whatever it is, it works for them and doesn't affect his relationship with Hannah in any way.

{{{playbiller}}} Sounds like you had a rough day.

Hi guys!!! Thanks for the welcome :F_05BL17blowkiss: Yes, I am the Lynnie from the CB and the Shed and now FCA. I didn't see Spamalot last time around but am going this time....maybe twice...and am really excited. And I can't wait for all the Stage Door pictures...need new Clay pics BADLY. :5:

Up and moving this am. I did not stay late and go club hopping at the bachlorette party last night. I went down to the party that was about 45 minutes from my house with my DIL, as the driver. She is three month pregnant and was feeling very nauseaus last night and very tired. When the limo bus pulled up at 10pm we had already been there since 5pm she asked if we would mind if we did not go on the bus and just go home. I had no problem with that I usually do not have anymore than one drink, and was just going along to not make my future DIL upset. They were all fine with us going home. Prior to this we did have alot of fun. They had a instructor come in for pole dancing. I did not do it but it was fun watching everyone take part and learn the moves. My future Dil is very quite and very much a lady so to watch her do this was funny. She really got into it when she had to put all the moves together at the end. My other DIL videod it on her phone and then e-mailed it to my son, who was at his bachelor party. Can not wait to see his response. My husband went with the guys last night. He is sound asleep upstairs. He did not get in to 5am. Wait to he hears that I was in bed by midnight.

Love that picture of Clay and Hannah but am getting a kick of people opinion on it. All I know is that he looks great, and whatever their relationship is it is his business.

Welcome Linnie171 .

Tech Help Needed!

Help!

Kim

Which computer did you use to write to the floppy disk? I'm a bit confused about the "when I put the disk into my computer it says it cannot read the disk" part. If we are talking about 2 computers, what happens when you put the disk back into the one that wrote it? Were there no error messages at all? How much work went into that file you saved?

I only have one computer; the file is just the start of a an inventory of my hubby's 45's...I typed it on the computer; than saved to floppy disc. When I then went to "My Computer"; clicked on "floppy A Disc..it opened it and showed that the file was there, but then when I clicked on the file to open it, it said "cannot read file, make sure you have disc in the drive you selected". I only have one A drive on my computer.

It won't take me long to start over; just frustrating. Thanks for all the suggestions. I have a very old computer and I am not very tech savvy. I may take it to work and try it in my computer there and see if it will work.

12 Days until "Spam, Wonderful, Spam"!

:woohoo:

20 Days until Clay is Partying with Paula!

41 Days until The BAF Gala!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim