#41: Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!

Couch Tomato

Thread Title  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• Life is short! Enjoy the Aiken!
    • We're still having fun, and you're still the one!
    • I hope he's just out there sinning right and left.
    • Yes, I will eat fish with blueberries or anything else he's touched.
    • Anarcho-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync omnivores for Clay Aiken
    • I am not going anywhere except to Spamalot.

Hee! I have a feeling there's going to be a ton of tired members of the Clay Nation dragging themselves into work today...

Yeah, and I'm one of them. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

But, somehow it's a good tiredness...those photos of Clay with Parker are outstanding.

Hee! I have a feeling there's going to be a ton of tired members of the Clay Nation dragging themselves into work today...

:chores015: <= me.

Ain't THAT the truth! I 'went to bed' about a quarter to 12 and lay there wide awake for what seemed like forever...evidently dozed off for a very short while because I looked over at the clock and saw 2:54....lay there some more and then said, "Fuck it" and came downstairs to "check the boards"

:rolleyes:

Actually, I guess I can sleep as I fly across the continent later today.

I hope. I have a feeling I'm going to be listening to OMWH (the cd, not just the song) on repeat for thousands of miles. And re-hearing them. :wub:

ETA: BWAH, luckiest! I was just thinking the same thing about the :wub: And...I have a feeling that Clay's thinking the "backatcha!" It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood! :beatingheart:

Although THIS guy :sleezy: ain't goin' nowhere, I can tell you THAT right now!

:chores015: <= me.

I resemble this post, too...

I am actually very happy for him because the truth is out. I totally understand where he was coming from and why he had to hide it so long.

I actually think this is going to free him artistically and career wise. I can't wait for this new chapter to begin.

Yes he will lose fans over this...but he will gain others and he will gain peace of mind and freedom at last.

This ^^^^ and Claygsm, your posts from last night are so what I am feeling today. I went to bed early last night, about half hour before this story hit the board and I woke up to a days worth of reading. I'm scared to look to see if my online classes are back up at the college in Houston now!

I, too, had a hunch that the "My Story" angle might be a coming out piece. It made all the pieces fit for me. My first reaction to seeing the cover was a big exhale then a close examination of those great big hands wrapped around that cute little baby (who I think looks just like his Dad).

**Sigh**

I"m glad most fans are being respectful and supportive, and I am so proud of him.

Clay looks marvelous. He appears to be so happy. A pretend girlfriend couldn't ask for more. Still crazy enthusisatic after all these years.

It's almost 4PM CAT.....3 more minutes.

Slams door on the elephant's butt.....it was hogging all the peanuts anyway.

Promo in Photobucket from butterflyshine via Gerwishp:

th_092308_gmacommercial_gerwhisp.jpg

ETA: And the Today Show just mentioned this story.

ACK!!! They're 5 minutes late!!!!!

I can't believe I'm sitting up here in the middle of the night waiting for an article to appear!

People article is up.

eta: :cry4: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

He adds that he hopes his fans "know that I've never intended to lie to anybody at all. ... But if they leave, I don't want them to leave hating me."

No leaving, no hating, just some sniffling.

Awwwwwwwww!!!! I hope we weren't making things more difficult for him back then by not talking/discussing topics like this on boards. I think it was respectful to wait and go with what he says/is ready for but I just wish I knew we weren't hurting him by doing that.

ps. Still think he's hottt!!!

pps. Why do I have to leave for work?!!! I wanna stay here!

Have a great day, y'all!!! and lots of :hugs-1: and :thbighug-1: to our cutesingerguy!!! Love you so!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Oh, I so wish I lived in NYC right about now so I could go to the show tonight and cheer him and let him know how very much he's (always) loved. I hope everyone who can go, goes.

Oh, Wow!

I just saw a promo for Clay's appearance on GMA and they showed video of him giving Parker a bottle!

I don't know how anyone could watch that and not feel some love for the man.

I was a bit blind-sided last night. I think the way the tabloids broke the baby news and this has colored reactions to the actual revelation.

I did not sleep well last night.

But after reading the People Online excerpt and after seeing him feeding Parker, I'm beginning to feel more relaxed about things.

Clay is still the same man he's always been. He has just learned more about life and about himself.

I look forward to hearing/seeing more from him tomorrow.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hey, at least all the folks who could not bear to think of Clay with any woman at all will be mightily cheered up!

But those who thought there would be an exodus of fans, leaving them to be the onliest truest fans, gotta be a bit disappointed.

Still find him hot, maybe even more so, for some reason. A rich imagination is a wonderful thing. A handsome intriguing man is a handsome intriguing man - except perhaps to those who actually thought they had a shot, I suppose.

And I love Jimmy Kimmel - exactly the right tone to set, especially for those who let late-night comics influence their views.

Cotton said:

Clay is still the same man he's always been. He has just learned more about life and about himself.

That's beautiful, and so very true. Maybe a thread title?

I won't leave. Period. End of sentence.

Has anyone contacted liney? jmh? Has anyone heard from cindilu about last night?

Promo in Photobucket from
butterflyshine
via
Gerwishp
:

th_092308_gmacommercial_gerwhisp.jpg

ETA:
And the Today Show just mentioned this story.

Thursday's GMA will be screened here for me at 3.30am Friday my time! But I'll be awake for it.

You know, here's what I honestly thought until the news broke.... I thought that Clay was in a relationship with Jaymes, and because of the age difference, they didn't want any publicity because they are private people. The IVF thing .... I absolutely thought it was because of Jaymes' age, 50 year old women don't conceive that easily, plus the risks involved. I didn't express this opinion before because I felt it would incite anger from some members. The other thing I did consider was that he was asexual... I watched a documentary on loving couples who were soul mates. They got married but didn't consumate the union. But most people just don't believe this is possible because we all tend to judge from what we think we know and understand. Anyway, I hope no one minds me saying this now. Whatever the case, it never really bothered me as long as Clay was happy. He has brought so much happiness and love to the lives of many, it's his turn now to feel the love and happiness he deserves.

ETA: Does anyone have a radio station link, so that I can listen to American radio from here? I've actually been meaning to ask this question for quite a while... DUH ... as I listen to the radio via my PC.

I too have a confession to make...ok here goes!

I LOVE CLAY AIKEN

OMG! Who knew? :cryingwlaughter:

and djs---

Still find him hot, maybe even more so, for some reason. A rich imagination is a wonderful thing. A handsome intriguing man is a handsome intriguing man - except perhaps to those who actually thought they had a shot, I suppose.

Hey! Watch it, sister! :glare:

:sleezy:

I cannot WAIT for Thursday morning! And what's this I'm reading about People getting the issue out TODAY instead of later? Huh? OOOOH! If so, guess what I'll be reading on the plane today? :whistling-1:

Adding my two cents here.

Clay's coming out has lifted the weight of the world off of my shoulders, as far as my fan girliness. Friends and family loved pulling the "But he's gay" crap out of the hat and I would scowl and say, "Who cares?" But I think they always thought...."Oh, she cares!" Now they will see.....I REALLY DON'T CARE!

I've always thought he was amzingly cute and hawt and oh my *fan's self* ish, but due to age, I always felt the motherly protectiveness as well.

I no longer have to defend myself or his right to be who ever he wants to be.

Thank you Clay for setting us both free!

Now back to the squeeing and eeeeeeing over father and son! They look so sweet together.

And could we have a tour next....pleeeeease.

(Oh, and I love the loyalty his friends have shown over the years. He chooses his friends well.)