#41: Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!

Couch Tomato

Thread Title  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• Life is short! Enjoy the Aiken!
    • We're still having fun, and you're still the one!
    • I hope he's just out there sinning right and left.
    • Yes, I will eat fish with blueberries or anything else he's touched.
    • Anarcho-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync omnivores for Clay Aiken
    • I am not going anywhere except to Spamalot.

Clay is an eloquent man so I really look forward to reading the article...And of course seeing more pictures.

And I look forward to being able to post the People cover without Perez's fucking stamp all over it.

That is the only distasteful thing, having PH's name all over the place.

Parker is so adorable. Doesn't he look so intelligent? A high forhead is definitely a sign of it.

CLay looks spectacular. I am so proud to be his fan, but that's nothing new. I hope he has found love but if not Jaymes will surely give him a big hug.

Playbiller and I are a little different in our acceptance of change. Take it easy play and don't even think about certain relatives. I promise to disown them if they say anything to you. I might have to send them the 11x17 autographed poster of Clay that I just won. Eek, now I have to pay for it.

Promos are starting on ABC for the GMA interview:

ABC just ran the promo for Clay's interview...it was precious...it showed him carrying Parker out the front door, and putting him the crib and feeding him...i hope others saw, it was just precious...i can't wait for the interview...Clay you are natural with Parker...and I can't wait to hear from you

My DD just come home and I mentioned it to her.

Her reaction?

Yay!

????

Honestly...this was my spontaneous reaction when I heard that this was confirmed. I just felt this sudden feeling of joy and ... relief that this question is finally put to rest and he can go ahead and just enjoy his life and career.

I guess to me it was not really a change cos it was always there in the back of my mind as a possibility. That is why I never really argued with anyone when they tell me he is gay...I just say I don;t think so but who knows and who cares.

Hugs to those dealing with this change....

looking forward to this interview...

Clay being gay does not make any difference to me. I used to correct people when they said he was gay because I took him at his word when he self identified. After the way that Parker was conceived, I stopped doing that and when people who knew that I am a big fan would ask me if he was gay, I started answering "I don't know, and I don't care." What difference does it make? In my mind, I felt that he had to be gay to father a child in this manner. But I still was not sure.

IMO, I am happy that he is gay, and can now live a normal gay lifestyle out in the open, rather than be asexual as some people had suggested to me. A friend told me a few days ago that she heard that JP blogged that he was being interviewed for a TV show about his involvement with Clay Aiken. She said that JP said he was going to be respectful towards Clay and his family, but that he was going to talk about how the Claymates had threatened him. He said that he would be interviewed for an hour, but his part on the show would only actually take a few minutes.

I discounted this as JP lying again. I did not believe that there would be such a show. Now I am hoping that they do not have this interview on GMA, because it is beginning to sound as if JP was telling the truth about TV show.

Kimmel said something in his monologue:

yes

and Jimmy lead off his with a mention and a few gentle pokes...

Kimmel is doing a bit on it...making fun of this being the big news of the day....

just b/c you are gay doesn't mean we are stopping our wrestling....any consolation he can't marry you all anyway....

Play Drama is good--gets the hormones pumping and heart beating. Makes you glow.

Clay has probably added 10 years to our lives!

Or taken it.

I have little drama in my life, I am resistant to change, I hate to cut my hair because then i don't recognize me in the mirror for a few weeks, I hate to buy new furniture or appliances or cars. I just like little excitements, I just need a rest.

Back to cleaning PM box.

Enjoying the repartee! :cryingwlaughter:

Yay for mama annabear's power, too.

Kimmel said something in his monologue:

yes

and Jimmy lead off his with a mention and a few gentle pokes...

Kimmel is doing a bit on it...making fun of this being the big news of the day....

just b/c you are gay doesn't mean we are stopping our wrestling....any consolation he can't marry you all anyway....

Got to love Kimmel!

I think the GMA piece will be very interesting. He obviously has a great trust in Diane Sawyer.

Now I really am going to bed!

Clay just posted in the thread at the OFC.

Here if you're logged in...

I am happy for him, too. I'm sure there will be some tough times ahead. Some fans will abandon him, and there may be a bit of ridicule. But may also mean that he'll be free to pursue real love, and I hope he does. "Lonely No More" and "Lover All Alone" are achingly lonely songs. I can see him feeling isolated, afraid to engage in relationships which might be exposed. Coming out may allow him to finally find someone right for him.

Awww.... What a lovely post from Clay.

You know, I think anytime something happens that alters your belief system or your perception of someone, it takes time to process it. Even if your perception or belief was based more on what you want to be true, even if somewhere deep down you think it might not be true.

I think there are a lot of fans out there going through that now. Doesn't mean they won't be his fan any longer, just that they have to deal what they now know is truth, something they probably didn't want to be true.

I know how they feel because I recently went through something like that with the whole baby thing. Its harder than you think to do!

But I am glad to read so many of those struggling saying they are still his fan. Change is hard and this is a change - even if it is something you suspected all along.

I hope everyone gives those fans the time they need without condemnation of their struggle. They just need to find their way and that may be easier with a little support.

Thank you for this. As apparently the only one here who is struggling with this news, even though it has been in the back of my mind for at least the last couple of years, it is still a painful realization that the things I believed in were not true. I'm glad so many are showing their love and support. I wish I were there, but I'm not yet. I'm sorry, Clay. :cry4:

I really should log off and go home because I'm not getting any work done anyway...

And I want to get up early tomorrow!!! 6am Central! (earlier today I was bemoaning a 7am meeting tomorrow -- LOL, I'm going to beat it by an hour)

*takes a last look and awwwwws at the picture one more time*

ETA:

Thanks for the heads up on the OFC post, annabear. Even bigger AWWWWWWWW!!! ::hearts:: I love the Not-a-Blog!!!

ETAA:

{{{laljeterfan}}} Take all the time you need. We'll wait for you with hope.

You know, I really love Clay. As much (almost) as my own kids. He has shown incredible courage, first by telling the truth, and then by thanking us for our support and love... and by loving us.

I have had dreams about Clay, I have even told him I loved him in the dreams, but it was always as a friend and not really sexual. I can still have fantasies about him tho... like while I'm in the shower?? That's a really good place for Clay fantasies. :D

I listen to "Lover All Alone" and to me it fairly screams to me that he knows, and he knows he can't keep it secret forever, that the loneliness will kill him. (metaphorically)

The lines in that song always made me think he was gay.

Especially the line:

"For all I know the feeling and the picture

that I've tried so hard to find, isn't mine."

Anyhow, I'm proud to be one of his loyal fans, and I will love him forever and always.........

Yes, it's the easiest thing in the world to love Clay Aiken. Very simple and beautiful stuff.

KAndre, I have a feeling that those front row seats won't get any easier to obtain. I think merrieeee may be right that we're going to be swimming in a bigger fan pool. Something tells me that Clay could blow up bigger than Elvis on this. Come on, guys, you know I dream big! Just imagine if this frees Clay to continue reinventing himself and performing with every ounce of his heart and with renewed energy and confidence -- no more panic attacks in real life (hopefully), but maybe an extra bodyguard or two because people just want to touch him. That's our guy.

Everyone has been talking about the good old days of magazine covers and being in the public consciousness. Here it is, Bigger than ever. And he's starring, starring now, on Broadway in a show where he's demonstrated he's a box office bonanza.

Also, about the cover "Yes, I'm Gay" while holding Parker, I think this is an intertwined process. My thoughts are that People offered Clay a boatload of riches for the exclusive of the baby and the announcement. It's a publicity coup for People and a trust fund for Parker. I would also expect a nice chunk of fortune to go into TBAF. Don't we all know this particular magazine is going to be HUGE seller? I think the editors at People know it too. But I think his coming out and introducing his baby boy are part of the same process and in that regard I find it completely natural.

And regardless of his sexual orientation and preferences -- mine includes finding him extremely sexy and completely adorable. And that's the way it is.