#41: Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!

Couch Tomato

Thread Title  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• Life is short! Enjoy the Aiken!
    • We're still having fun, and you're still the one!
    • I hope he's just out there sinning right and left.
    • Yes, I will eat fish with blueberries or anything else he's touched.
    • Anarcho-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync omnivores for Clay Aiken
    • I am not going anywhere except to Spamalot.

so, IIU is back??? It will never go awaaaaaayyyyy ....

Seriously, I don't know who Clay sleeps with, but when I go to bed his pictures are on my wall (see below) and he's still gorgeous. And I still love him.

IIU, makes no difference to me, other than I want that man happy!

96894913-L.jpg

so, IIU is back??? It will never go awaaaaaayyyyy ....

Seriously, I don't know who Clay sleeps with, but when I go to bed his pictures are on my wall (see below) and he's still gorgeous. And I still love him.

IIU, makes no difference to me, other than I want that man happy!

96894913-L.jpg

YES, YES, and YES.

I love him. Unconditional and all that.

Yeah...me too.

:wub:

But I also accept that it is was always his decision to say, that I would believe what he chose to tell me about himself until he chose to tell me differently.

Yes, me too.

Well, I have to go walk the dog before it gets too cold. Let me know what happens

I see TMZ is on now. I am sure they will say something appropriately nasty.

Just understand, I spent most of my life considering all the possibilities and playing the devils advocate in my own mind. I guess I thought that was the normal way to fuction.

I showed DH the "cover".

He doesn't think it's true because he can't see Clay allowing his "coming out" picture to include the baby.

His reaction helped me identify my unease. It's the first baby story entwined with Clay talking about his sexuality that's thrown me, I think.

Whatever. I guess we'll learn something Thursday.

???

From CH:

USA Today confirms the cover:

Quote:Clay Aiken is on the new cover of People magazine, with the headline: "Yes, I'm gay." (Sound familiar?) You can see it at PerezHilton.com now. People has not posted it yet, but they confirm it's real. It will be up on their site tomorrow at 7 a.m. ET. The American Idol runner-up, who has legions of "Claymate" fans, is posing with his new baby, and the secondary headline is: "The Idol star opens up about his emotional decision to come out: 'I cannot raise a child to lie or hide things.'

I went over to OFC to post in support, and am actually surprised at how positive most of the posts are.

Honestly...w/the baby (WTH did that come from?) and then him going back to Spamalot rather unexpectedly (safe place) and then the whole "my story" interview (why now after everything?) and of course, his last blog (schmoopie to the extreme) well I can say I am not surprised today. I mostly feel bad if it's true and he felt he had to hide it for so long. I think there will be those that are mad at him but I don't think there will be nearly as many as some might think.

Just some rambling...

So - now USAToday is confirming.

So I guess I'll have to process this.

Still - I wish I had been offline until I could hear it from the man himself instead of the sleazy source taking the reins away from Clay.

I have always said his sexuality doesn't matter.

But 5 years of friends and family assuming - not to mention people who buy into stereotyping now having confirmation that stereotyping works.

Makes me sad.

I'm certainly not in the mood to call my GF who has always believed it.

It just pisses me off that it has ever been part of the equation.

It shouldn't have ever been part of the equation.

Unless he chose to make it so.

I am actually very happy for him because the truth is out. I totally understand where he was coming from and why he had to hide it so long.

I actually think this is going to free him artistically and career wise. I can't wait for this new chapter to begin.

Yes he will lose fans over this...but he will gain others and he will gain peace of mind and freedom at last.

I'm another one for whom it makes no difference...but then again, people aren't gonna mess with me over it either.

It will be interesting to see who runs away....

And how much easier it will be to get front row seats (Yes, I'm afraid I'm selfish to the core...)

Oh Good..glad Cindy is there. Do we need to send her a laptop so she can give us a description. And I can't get into OFC from work to send him a hug.

OK... Parker. HE IS ADORABLE. And I have a new apprecation for Jaymes. It must be so cool for him to have a friend like that - someone that knows him through and through.

I wish I were there too!

So when will this issue hit the stands...

And how much easier it will be to get front row seats (Yes, I'm afraid I'm selfish to the core...)

BWAH!!! :cryingwlaughter:

So when will this issue hit the stands...

I usually get my copy on Thursdays which is the day I believe it hits the stands...

It just pisses me off that it has ever been part of the equation.

It shouldn't have ever been part of the equation.

Unless he chose to make it so.

This is me. It has nothing to do with his voice and his heart.

As for asshats like PH, TMZ and such, who live to deliver stories like these as if they own the rights to people's personal lives? Their day will come.

I am actually very happy for him because the truth is out. I totally understand where he was coming from and why he had to hide it so long.

I actually think this is going to free him artistically and career wise. I can't wait for this new chapter to begin.

Yes he will lose fans over this...but he will gain others and he will gain peace of mind and freedom at last.

Great post, Ansa! I so agree.

I can completely understand why he may not have been open about this. It's not an easy thing for anyone, let alone a celebrity, to do.

I know this is going to be very hard for some fans to accept, and I do feel for them. I would not be surprised to see some feeling anger or even betrayal. It's natural. I only hope that they can get past this and hold on to the fact that he's a good, decent man and an exceptional, generous performer. This is not about the fans. This is about him.

And perhaps, things will get easier. For some reason, there seems to be more acceptance of openly gay men than of those who are merely suspected of being gay. Many, from Lance Bass to Neil Patrick Harris to T.R. Knight have flourished, the latter two in highly heterosexual roles. Coming out didn't ruin their careers.

Anyway, I expect the next few days will be very interesting in the fandom. I can't wait to hear Clay's side of things. I think it could make all the difference.

Wow, talk about a shocker. The man is always full of suprises. I was actually being good and trying to do my homework and my friend called to tell me. I had to go over to OFC to add my support and thankfully, from what I've read, most others are too. It's only the same ones who always have a problem with something he's done, or how he's worn his hair, or something he's said, etc, etc. I love him no matter what his sexual preference, although a heads up would have been nice. Do not really care what others say about it or about my defending him because I would have done the same for anyone. I don't like rumors so until the person involved confirms something, I will stay out of it or tell the rumor spreaders that they shouldn't assume anything.

Even though the hated PH brought the news first, in this case, I'm thinking this may be true since Clay was reading on the OFC in the People thread and didn't deny it. Doesn't matter, I'm still going to have dirty thoughts about him, still going to love his voice, wit, intelligence, caring, and all that other good stuff.

And the shock is starting to wear off now so my head doesn't feel like it's going to explode.

I can completely understand why he may not have been open about this. It's not an easy thing for anyone, let alone a celebrity, to do.

I know this is going to be very hard for some fans to accept, and I do feel for them. I would not be surprised to see some feeling anger or even betrayal. It's natural. I only hope that they can get past this and hold on to the fact that he's a good, decent man and an exceptional, generous performer. This is not about the fans. This is about him.

And perhaps, things will get easier. For some reason, there seems to be more acceptance of openly gay men than of those who are merely suspected of being gay. Many, from Lance Bass to Neil Patrick Harris to T.R. Knight have flourished, the latter two in highly heterosexual roles. Coming out didn't ruin their careers.

Anyway, I expect the next few days will be very interesting in the fandom. I can't wait to hear Clay's side of things. I think it could make all the difference.

Exactly.....and I sure hope you're right.

I sure wish I was in NYC tonight too....there's nothing in the world I want right now more than to give him a big HUGE hug. Even though I know I couldn't do that even if I were :lol:

OK, the second thing I want right now is a great big piece of pizza :lol:....latah!!

I've been reading the People magazine thread at OFC and am happy to say that 99.9% of the posts have been very supportive.

I liked this one:

This is a freaking OUTRAGE! WHAT in the world was Clay thinking???? Parker is wearing matching socks! (AND they aren't even striped, for Pete's sake!)

Now I just have to figure out how exactly to respond, without getting red in my face, to the comments I will get tomorrow from people who have always insisted that their "gaydar" is never wrong.

Now I just have to figure out how exactly to respond, without getting red in my face, to the comments I will get tomorrow from people who have always insisted that their "gaydar" is never wrong.

Eh, tell them to get over themselves... :P