#41: Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!

Couch Tomato

Thread Title  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• Life is short! Enjoy the Aiken!
    • We're still having fun, and you're still the one!
    • I hope he's just out there sinning right and left.
    • Yes, I will eat fish with blueberries or anything else he's touched.
    • Anarcho-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync omnivores for Clay Aiken
    • I am not going anywhere except to Spamalot.

Ironically, before this all happened, I had just made a post on another board wishing Clay would spill his guts and tell all to just end the speculation once and for all, looks like I got my wish.

You know, I have been a big Jaymes/Clay shipper but always in the back of my mind was thought that he could be gay...the possibility has always been there.

Back when LTS came out and he talked about his religion and leaving church for awhile and the thought crossed my mind that it had something to with the gay issue...can't imagine; coming from his background, what a struggle he must have been having. Some fans believe he has lied to us and feel betrayed...but perhaps he was also lying to himself...maybe it has taken him this long to come to terms with it himself. Then there was his family...again refer to LTS and the comments Aunt Diane said regarding him being on the Ellen D. show...when you have family that has strong feelings about homosexuality, how do you approach that?

Whatever the reasons, this has probably been a long journey for him and yet looking at the picture of him and Parker, I see a very happy man, a man at peace and in the end that is all that matters.

Yes, he will probably lose fans; but he will probably also gain fans, but maybe in the end, his peace of mind was more important.

Kim

I always said that...

The first thing I would change would be my designation, that I'd switch it to "Ayachan" (宇佐美 綾加).

And the the second thing I would change is... absolutely nothing else.

But come to think of it, "Sleepless Beauty" is actually a Gravitation song so I guess I don't even have to change anything at all.

I love him more than ever. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

(grumbling because I'm still at the office...again. I was here working in June and in August. Next time I have to work late, I'll warn you guys)

Now I just have to figure out how exactly to respond, without getting red in my face, to the comments I will get tomorrow from people who have always insisted that their "gaydar" is never wrong.

Yup, me too. Before I went to NYC in April, one of the guys at work made some nasty Liberace-style comments to me. I was furious and didn't talk to him for at least a month after that. Tomorrow we're having a huge United Way presentation, that I sent the invitation out for since I work for the boss. The guys never miss it because of the coffee and donuts (yes, they're shallow) - hopefully they know me well enough now to give me a wide berth and concentrate on the presentation instead.

My 19 yr old daughter made me feel better - she said, "Who gives a shit what they think! You like who you like and that's all that matters." She's a great kid.

I will always support Clay. That cover picture is adorable. It looks like Parker has red hair.

Some people over at the OFC are having problems because they think he lied to them. I do not think he lied but just was not ready to approach the subject. My husband who has always believed he was gay said maybe now the press, bloggers, and late night comedians will finally leave him alone.

For those who are worried about what to say to people, just put a big smile on your face and say, "ISN'T IT WONDERFUL!!" and move on.

Doesn't matter, I'm still going to have dirty thoughts about him, still going to love his voice, wit, intelligence, caring, and all that other good stuff.

And the shock is starting to wear off now so my head doesn't feel like it's going to explode.

I can identify with the feeling of the shock wearing off. Having said that, just like with the baby story, I won't really be surprised either way.

Fantasy Clay is still that - my fantasy of what Clay would be like "if". The fact that I think Clay is hott really has more to do with me than with him, in many ways, since I can only know what he allows the public to see. From everything that Clay has shown in his public life, he's a man to admire (and drool over). There is something about seeing Clay in person, whether in Spam, concerts, CD signings or whatever, that just makes me happy, and it's not really sexual. I have a hard time explaining that to my DH (also a Clay fan). Clay has brought many good things into my life just by being who he is. Yes, I do think he's hott, but when I see him in person, I'm mostly just thinking, "He's Clay!"

Off to OFC to give my support.

Way to go wanda!!!!!

The Daily 10 just said Clay Aiken came out of the closet...story tomorrow.

I have to say I am very disappointed. There is way too little knashing of teeth over at the OFC.

Oh my I just realised I am now going to have to fight the gay guys for front row seats. Thanks Clay! :hysterical:

My 19 yr old daughter made me feel better - she said, "Who gives a shit what they think! You like who you like and that's all that matters." She's a great kid

WORD to your very wise daughter Bella. This statement applies to Clay and his fans. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

IIT , I have no problem with it , its just none of my business, and it changes nothing for me.

I hate that PH leaked this cover IIT.

Way to go wanda!!!!!

The Daily 10 just said Clay Aiken came out of the closet...story tomorrow.

I have to say I am very disappointed. There is way too little knashing of teeth over at the OFC.

Oh my I just realised I am now going to have to fight the gay guys for front row seats. Thanks Clay! :hysterical:

But I've had very nice experiences about seats. That's how I got my great first front row seat ever -- at the Borgata 2nd night show. A couple had front row seats and one of them switched with me and I got to sit and chat with his partner for a while.

BTW, does this mean we get to invite him to the FCA spa/camp? Who's going with who again, was it Gibby&couchie?

I suppose it would be tacky and opportunistic to suggest that every gay person in America run out and buy a copy of OMWH to show solidarity.

:club0: :club0:

I suppose it would be tacky and opportunistic to suggest that every gay person in America run out and buy a copy of OMWH to show solidarity.

wanda - I love that you are a woman of few words but that they are always meaningful...

and this? Just made me laugh out loud very loudly!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Bwah! I don't think that's quite the second round of promo most of us were expecting...

I'm truly surprised at how supportive the posts are, for the most part, at the OFC. And glad. It appears Clay is popping in to read over there when he's not on stage.

BTW, does this mean we get to invite him to the FCA spa/camp? Who's going with who again, was it Gibby&couchie?

hee

yep, that's my girl

bwah.

So many good posts today. Thank you all.

I finally was able to post a note of support to Clay. he will never get rid of me.

What a time to go to the gym. I didn't even feel like going anyway, but hubby made me. LOL.

The first thought I had, when seeing the picture, was how cuuuuuuuuuute both Clay and Parker are. Love the head of hair that Parker has.

The second thought I had was pride in Clay. I am very proud that he is living his life, as he sees fit. More power to him.

My final thought was ... icky PH. Icky PH. Icky PH. It should be nobody's damn business about their sexuality, especially Icky PH. It's a shame that this...this...thing...makes his damn living from scoops like this.

Oh well. IIT, of course....I'm still in love. Madly, passionately in love. This does not change his humor, his personality, his voice. It just makes me love him more.

Well, Clay said he was not gay.

He said in his GMA interview that people expect you are either a womanizer or you must be gay but that he was neither of those things.

Pretty clear statements in my mind.

Maybe he had not yet determined himself what his true sexuality was?

I imagine he will tell us "his story".

I think the baby looks just like Clay, but I think Clay looks like his mother. Not many see the same things that I see. :cryingwlaughter:

I did post him my support because of course I will always love and support him!!

No question.

Crap, how am I supposed to get any homework or studying done tonight?

On a more serious note, the thing that upsets me the most is thinking how worried Clay must have been about his fans would take this. I don't think he gave a rat's ass about the media, but I do believe he loves us and that our reaction caused any stress to him upsets me so much. I am so glad that he has come to a place where he feels secure, and I am so happy that most of the posts have been overwhelmingly been positive, and I have seen some people who have renewed their membership at the OFC just to offer their support.

I love that man and I always will.

Crap, how am I supposed to get any homework or studying done tonight?

On a more serious note, the thing that upsets me the most is thinking how worried Clay must have been about his fans would take this. I don't think he gave a rat's ass about the media, but I do believe he loves us and that our reaction caused any stress to him upsets me so much. I am so glad that he has come to a place where he feels secure, and I am so happy that most of the posts have been overwhelmingly been positive, and I have seen some people who have renewed their membership at the OFC just to offer their support.

I love that man and I always will.

I think Clay knows his fans quite well. I would say that some fans were a whole lot more worried about others' reactions to news like this than he was.

I am getting nothing done tonight. I keep finding my way back to that picture. Parker looks sooooo much like his daddy.

This one is quite interesting, and it has a video that I don't remember seeing before...

mtv.com

Clay Aiken Flashback: We Asked that Question Two Years Ago and It Wasn't Pretty

Clay Aiken Flashback: We Asked That Question Two Years Ago … And It Wasn’t Pretty

Published by Jim Cantiello on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 at 8:01 pm.

BREAKING NEWS! Clay Aiken has apparently come out of the closet! Kudos to Clay for coming to terms with his true self, and kudos to People magazine for paying the “American Idol” contestant to talk about his sexuality.

I had the privilege to interview Clay on September 21, 2006 (almost exactly two years ago!), during his “I’m gonna admit to taking anti-depressants and, at the same time, promote my new album” tour. My superiors in the department thought it would be a good opportunity for me to “gently” ask Clay about his personal life. At the time, there were all kinds of unflattering rumors surrounding the singer and his sexuality, and even though he’d recently called Diane Sawyer “rude” for asking about them, I figured I’d try my luck.

My interview with Clay was about as difficult as one would expect. He was thrilled to talk about his upcoming cover album (a poetically appropriate term — cover album — given the circumstances), but as soon as the topic turned to his personal life, things became more awkward than a Paula Abdul QVC appearance. And the awkwardness was thanks to me, mostly.

I present to you the full, uncut Q&A with Clay in all its cringe-inducing glory. Seriously. Trying to get Clay to come out of the closet on camera was one of the lowest points in my career. What was I thinking?!

It was an intense, tough and altogether unpleasant interview. And I take full responsibility for it. (I’m sure you noted my, uh, um, stutters, and at one point in the middle, I lost my train of thought, thanks to an angry glare from his publicist). Did I really think Clay would break down and say, “Yes, random sweaty MTV News interviewer guy. I can’t keep this under wraps any longer. I am gay, dammit!” Apparently, I did.

On a side note, what are the Claymates going to do now? Anytime MTV News ever inferred anything about Clay’s personal life (like this playful, silly Newsroom blog entry), we were bombarded with comments insisting he was their straight knight in shining armor. It always struck me as depressing that some Claymates apparently considered homosexuality a shameful, disgusting thing. (Is Sarah Palin a Clay fan?) Perhaps his most conservative fans contributed to his fear of coming out earlier in his career. In any case, congrats to Clay and his (adorable!) newborn baby. And for any Claymates who are going to ditch the singer because of his sexuality, take heart: There’s always David Archuleta …

This one is quite interesting, and it has a video that I don't remember seeing before...

mtv.com

Clay Aiken Flashback: We Asked that Question Two Years Ago and It Wasn't Pretty

. And for any Claymates who are going to ditch the singer because of his sexuality, take heart: There’s always David Archuleta …

Good grief!

The video says "video not assessible" for me.

Is there anything worth watching on it that I am missing?