#41: Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!

Couch Tomato

Thread Title  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• Life is short! Enjoy the Aiken!
    • We're still having fun, and you're still the one!
    • I hope he's just out there sinning right and left.
    • Yes, I will eat fish with blueberries or anything else he's touched.
    • Anarcho-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync omnivores for Clay Aiken
    • I am not going anywhere except to Spamalot.

Posted by dancermom at CV:

Report from DH: Clay didn't come out tonight.

Three video cameras and one with a sound man...and that TMZ guy....and 4 still photographers. He said Jerome came out...looked distracted...like he was scouting it out. Someone asked Jerome if Clay would be coming out and he said sure sure...but DH said he looked distracted like he was scouting out what was there.

They finally took down the barricades.

Can't say I blame him. No doubt TMZ and the other paparazzi would have been all over him. I trust he's getting support from the cast of Spamalot. And no doubt, Jerome will let him know that there are still fans there for him.

ETA (also via dancermom):

NYMom4clay at the CH sent this to me...

I was asked to pass this message along:

This message from Clay was passed along by Jerome because Clay wants to thank all of his fans for the support they have shown him. He wants to explain that he is unable to do the stage door tonight but is truly appreciative of your support.

Please feel free to carry this message to other boards.

OMG, those are two gorgeous babes! I'm starting to see all the likenesses to Clay too....those ears! :hysterical:....that forehead! :wub:...and the feet look like they might be dead ringers too! :lol:

And wow, those eyes of Clay's in that picture! swoon! Parker's eyes look very dark...I wonder if they will change to become sparkling greens?

I could stare at that all day....can we agree to post it once a page until there's a better one? I'm so thrilled they had professional photographs done. :wub:

Scarlett, thanks anyway....it's not going to be an easy rip I suspect, and I thought you might be the one. No worries! If we can't have it, we can't.

From NYMom4Clay via Jerome tonight:

Quote:

I was asked to pass this message along:

This message from Clay was passed along by Jerome because Clay wants to thank all of his fans for the support they have shown him. He wants to explain that he is unable to do the stage door tonight but is truly appreciative of your support.

Please feel free to carry this message to other boards

How nice of him to acknowledge the support.

Posted by dancermom at CV:

Report from DH: Clay didn't come out tonight.

Three video cameras and one with a sound man...and that TMZ guy....and 4 still photographers. He said Jerome came out...looked distracted...like he was scouting it out. Someone asked Jerome if Clay would be coming out and he said sure sure...but DH said he looked distracted like he was scouting out what was there.

They finally took down the barricades.

Can't say I blame him. No doubt TMZ and the other paparazzi would have been all over him. I trust he's getting support from the cast of Spamalot. And no doubt, Jerome will let him know that there are still fans there for him.

Considering the likes of TMZ were there I can't blame him, but I still wish he done the stage door, the paparazzi be damned!

I just thought of something. How is FBM and company going to explain this??? :cryingwlaughter:

ETA: I meant to say how great it is to see JennaZ here! I've missed you! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hope all is well with Clay.

I just wanna hold him for awhile. I know he will have family holding him probably through out this whole week.

Did I say how cute little Parker is? and how much he looks like his Daddy? and I would love to hold that little cutie too!!!

I just thought of something. How is FBM and company going to explain this??? :cryingwlaughter:

That big headline on the cover of People is just meant to throw the rest of us off. It's all about souper sekrit messages, don't ya know?

Lots of great posts tonight. wandacleo, you are the master of the one liner...thank you.

Plus, many hugs to all here this evening. What a bonding evening for each one of us, IMO. I love the support he's getting.

I too am a bit sad he couldn't do the stage door this evening. I understand the reasoning, and I understand the paparazzi being there. I just wish those who showed up could have given him a little extra love at the stage door.

Damn, I'm not making sense.

God, I love him. He makes my heart swell.

That big headline on the cover of People is just meant to throw the rest of us off. It's all about souper sekrit messages, don't ya know?

:cryingwlaughter:

Damn! Maybe the battery is dead on my super seekrit decoder ring!

Thanks, CG! Hi Couchie! :hello:

If he's going to be on the cover of People and all over the news, I'm glad he's looking so good! I must confess, I haven't been a huge fan of the long, straight hair. This shorter cut is much more appealing to me, and I'm happy that this is the image that will be going out.

And boy, is this story everywhere! Just goes to show that he continues to be newsworthy.

Thanks, CG! Hi Couchie! :hello:

If he's going to be on the cover of People and all over the news, I'm glad he's looking so good! I must confess, I haven't been a huge fan of the long, straight hair. This shorter cut is much more appealing to me, and I'm happy that this is the image that will be going out.

And boy, is this story everywhere! Just goes to show that he continues to be newsworthy.

heee so glad we're already back to the important things!

People will have the story up on the website at 7AM. ET.more likely a teaser..but we'll see

I got an email from a friend who said someone had posted (somewhere) that she wasn't going to look for Waldo anymore since it's gay.

I just can't stop laughing.

What did the bitch think she was going to DO with Waldo????

ETA: I'm drinking a big cup of tea so that I'll have to get up and pee at 4AM PST (which, I believe is 7AM, EST).

Pathetic.

Really.

damn I'm gonna have to get up at 4 aren't I.

I'm kinda skeered to go to bed in the first place! :cryingwlaughter:

I got an email from a friend who said someone had posted (somewhere) that she wasn't going to look for Waldo anymore since it's gay.

ETA: I'm drinking a big cup of tea so that I'll have to get up and pee at 4AM PST (which, I believe is 7AM, EST).

Pathetic.

Really.

Maybe she was going to pet CG's cat.

Remind me to set up several note pads. I wrote a very long post explaining how some things surprise you and lost it.

Let's just say, I have been drama'd out by the fans first and now by Clay. I need a long nap, no one told me a simple little reality show was going to exhaust me several years later. I need a break.

Play Drama is good--gets the hormones pumping and heart beating. Makes you glow.

Clay has probably added 10 years to our lives!

Or taken it.

I have little drama in my life, I am resistant to change, I hate to cut my hair because then i don't recognize me in the mirror for a few weeks, I hate to buy new furniture or appliances or cars. I just like little excitements, I just need a rest.

Back to cleaning PM box.

Color me not surprised a bit, and terribly relieved and happy for Clay. I'm sure he has been honest with a number of people in his inner circle, but how wonderful that he is able to honest with everyone now! Yes!!!!! I'm soooo happy for him.

And, I'm still his fan. Through and through. Makes no difference to me, as I've said before. In fact, I remember saying that it wouldn't make any difference to me because he doesn't sing with his penis.

:cryingwlaughter:

My 16 year old daughter, who has several gay friends, is thrilled. I asked her if this makes her like Clay more, and she yelled, "YES!!" I'm sure there are others out there who weren't his fans before, but will be now.

And I'm thrilled about the timing of this announcement. It's NOT tied to an album release. I hate it when stars get married or announce things about their personal lives in conjunction with the release of an album, just for publicity. I know that labels may push that kind of promotion, but it seems so disingenuous. And, Clay is making this announcement just as he is returning to Broadway, where he is being welcomed back with open arms. He seems so happy lately, and he has Parker now. He's making this announcement from a position of strength, both in his career, and in his personal life.

And now, I'm off to the OFC to add my support there.

BTW, does this mean we get to invite him to the FCA spa/camp? Who's going with who again, was it Gibby&couchie?

hee

yep, that's my girl

Aw, I love ya too, Couchie!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I got an email from a friend who said someone had posted (somewhere) that she wasn't going to look for Waldo anymore

Someone needs to tell her that when the odds of something used to be nil but now they're nil, then oh yeah, it's certainly something to fret about. ROTFL!

:DoClay:

Gibby, I can't get into OFC from work -- could you add me to your post too? Thanks!

... still swooning over their picture!!!

Pathetic.

Really.

Maybe she was going to pet CG's cat.

Hey! My cat is NOT gay! Neutered, yes, but not gay!

You know, I think anytime something happens that alters your belief system or your perception of someone, it takes time to process it. Even if your perception or belief was based more on what you want to be true, even if somewhere deep down you think it might not be true.

I think there are a lot of fans out there going through that now. Doesn't mean they won't be his fan any longer, just that they have to deal what they now know is truth, something they probably didn't want to be true.

I know how they feel because I recently went through something like that with the whole baby thing. Its harder than you think to do!

But I am glad to read so many of those struggling saying they are still his fan. Change is hard and this is a change - even if it is something you suspected all along.

I hope everyone gives those fans the time they need without condemnation of their struggle. They just need to find their way and that may be easier with a little support.

Now I need to go to bed. Sometimes being a Clay fan can be exhausting!