#41: Clay Aiken Makes His Triumphant Return!

Couch Tomato

Thread Title  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• Life is short! Enjoy the Aiken!
    • We're still having fun, and you're still the one!
    • I hope he's just out there sinning right and left.
    • Yes, I will eat fish with blueberries or anything else he's touched.
    • Anarcho-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync omnivores for Clay Aiken
    • I am not going anywhere except to Spamalot.

Personally, I think the timing feels organic. It makes sense to me that the birth of his son would give him new perspective. And in a way, I'm glad he didn't use this and his son's birth to publicize his album. Honestly, it might have helped give the album more context, and possibly, more exposure. However, it would have also felt a little...commercial.

Hi guys- Just checking in. You're a bunch of good girls. Anyway, I'm here for the long haul. Huggers to those that are having a hard time. He's a good man that has had a Hell of a hard time.

Was there a promo for the interview in the morning? I haven't seen it.

The People article just about did me in. I thought it was very well done, I thought it was painfully honest, and I think Parker looks like a tiny little doll. I do think he appears to look like Clay and Faye. Love to all.

I love seeing fans post who haven't been around the boards for a long time. This news seems to be bringing the Claynation together, and to me, that's wonderful! I've been popping over the OFC every once in a while, and it's still very positive. A few fans leaving, but only a handful, and pretty respectfully. I continue to be pleasantly surprised with the overwhelmingly positive reactions here, there, and everywhere.

Me too. It's downright inspiring. I hope Clay is ebullient today. He should be what with losing the weight of the world and the fans being very loving and supportive. I love that he was "speechless" last night after being on the People Magazine thread for a long time.

I like interesting relationships. My sister had an iunusual living arrangement after she divorced. She shared a house with her ex-husband's first wife -- they had known each other in high school. Each of the ex-wives had a son with the man (a deadbeat) and they wanted the half-brothers to get to know each other and be real brothers, since both were only children of their mothers with four years difference in their ages. It worked fabulously. Both women remarried after about 5 years of this arrangement, but the brothers remain very close as adults. At the time, everyone thought it was a crazy deal, but it wasn't crazy at all. Just creative.

For me, one of the most gratifying things about this is that I'll bet that certain scumbags (i.e., PH) were eager to watch the fandom explode over this. And I'll bet that the outpouring of support has not been what they expected. Poking the "gay" stick at the fans won't be as fun anymore.

I got an email from a friend who said how lucky we are that now we have 3 people to love instead of one.

Isn't that lovely?

ETA: Merryclay Thanks for sharing the video. I love it.

Totally OT - but we are getting crazy winds here today.

I just heard a LOUD CRASH and the wind had blown over a ladder on the back deck.

I think we're getting some of that Nor'easter they've been talking about!

Supposed to get more wind and rain tonight.

Back to Clay

< - - - I love little Parker's hands. I know this is too small, but notice his hands while Daddy's getting ready to feed him. Too cute.

The timing may not have been right, but I honestly cannot see him doing this while Jaymes was pregnant; obviously the baby was uppermost in his mind...not the fans or whether he should come out before or after OMWH.

Actually, I think this was the perfect time; I think having Parker safe and healthy with him while making this announcement; somewhat softened it and really put it all into context. I believe Clay thought this out very carefully.

Just me or does anyone else find it ironic that are board name is Finding Clay Aiken; something it seems Clay has been doing for a long time.

I truly love that man!

Kim

If Clay felt the time was right, then yes, the time was right.

Jenna, I'm so very glad to see you back posting. I've gotten whiplash from nodding in agreement with all your posts.

In rereading the article...AGAIN...I had to laugh at his comment about "When Parker is doing well, I'm happy; when he's screaming, I question it!" I'm sure many a parent (and granted, I'm not one) can identify with that. I also really liked his "I've got one man in my life right now, and he's crying and needs formula!" Again, only a parent (I think) can understand his devotion to Parker.

Finally...and this one really isn't funny...but somehow, I can just hear Brett's reaction to his brother's admission. "Is that it?" Here Clay is, bawling his eyes out, potentially scared about Brett's reaction to this news...and it's like "yeah, whatever, let's go get a cheeseburger." For some reason, that just rings so very true to me.

I'm still in love.

Will there be someone tomorrow that will be able to upload the GMA piece to a site that allows us poor fools who can't get sick tomorrow to watch the clip? Much appreciated in advance!

Finally...and this one really isn't funny...but somehow, I can just hear Brett's reaction to his brother's admission. "Is that it?" Here Clay is, bawling his eyes out, potentially scared about Brett's reaction to this news...and it's like "yeah, whatever, let's go get a cheeseburger." For some reason, that just rings so very true to me.

I LOVE that part.

Will there be someone tomorrow that will be able to upload the GMA piece to a site that allows us poor fools who can't get sick tomorrow to watch the clip? Much appreciated in advance!

Yes, please, please, please!! I'll be at work Thursday and Friday.

I LOVE that part.

Heeee. I loved that part, too.

I listened to OMWH (the album) on the way to work today, and thought that some of the songs could perhaps be interpreted a bit differently now. Of course, OMWH and TRM are examples, but I also think Ashes and Falling have lyrics that have a different twist with this news. I'm still at work, but will post some of the lyrics tonight. Did anybody else have this experience when listening to OMWH today?

I'm having so much difficulty concentrating at work today. My head is full of Clay. I will admit to being surprised by the news yesterday, but in a good way. It's not that I had any investment in Clay's sexuality. It's just one more facet of an endlessly fascinating man. It's just that I feel so happy for him, and hopeful. I am so interested to hear him talk about it in his own voice, maybe to learn a little more about how he thinks about it.

Everytime I think I couldn't be prouder of Clay, he proves me wrong. He's an amazing man.

Parker is a lucky little guy. Not to mention CUTE!

I can hardly wait for GMA. I'm thrilled to be able to stay home a little later tomorrow to watch.

For Clay :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Yes, please, please, please!! I'll be at work Thursday and Friday.

I LOVE that part.

Heeee. I loved that part, too.

I listened to OMWH (the album) on the way to work today, and thought that some of the songs could perhaps be interpreted a bit differently now. Of course, OMWH and TRM are examples, but I also think Ashes and Falling have lyrics that have a different twist with this news. I'm still at work, but will post some of the lyrics tonight. Did anybody else have this experience when listening to OMWH today?

Absolutely!!! Ashes was playing as I was driving home from school and I just bawled. "Maybe love requires walking through the fire.." He did just walk through the fire for the love of Parker. "So I can rise up from the ashes" And, he will rise up from the ashes. I see a long and bright future for our Clay!!

There is an article and a short video about the interview now on ABC

After Birth of His Son, Aiken Says It's Time to "Let the Guard Down'

What a huge relief for Clay to finally have announced this. I hope that the gay jokes will now stop. It seems that in the media, while it is okay to make fun of people perceived to be in the closet it's not okay to make fun of openly gay people.

abcnews.com

After Birth of His Son, Aiken Says It's Time to 'Let the Guard Down'

After Birth of His Son, Aiken Says It's Time to 'Let the Guard Down'

Clay Aiken Talks to Diane Sawyer on "GMA" Thursday in His First TV Interview Since Revealing He's Gay

By JONANN BRADY

Sept. 24, 2008

In his first television interview since revealing he is gay, Clay Aiken tells "Good Morning America" that after the birth of his son it was "time to let the guard down."

Aiken tells "GMA" about his decision to publicly acknowledge that he's gay.

"I can't raise a kid and teach him how to lie, teach him to hide things. I can't raise a kid and teach him to keep secrets," Aiken tells Diane Sawyer. "And at the same time, I also don't ever want to raise him in an environment where it's not OK for him to be exactly who he is, no matter what."

The "American Idol" alum, 29, appears on the cover of People magazine this week, cradling his new son, next to the headline, "Yes, I'm Gay."

Parker Foster Aiken, the singer's son with music producer Jaymes Foster, was born on Aug. 8. Foster, 50, became pregnant through in vitro fertilization, and she and Aiken have said they will raise their son together.

Aiken, a born-again Christian, skirted questions about his sexuality for years.

In a 2006 interview with Sawyer, Aiken said that all the speculation about his sex life was "invasive" and "rude."

"What I do in my private life is nobody's business anymore," Aiken said in that interview on "GMA." And in an interview with New York Magazine earlier this year, Aiken alluded to his asexuality.

"I have got too much on my plate," Aiken told the magazine, explaining why he was not involved in a relationship. "I'd rather focus on one thing and do that when I can devote time to it, and right now, I just don't have any desire."

After his son's birth, though, Aiken told Sawyer it was "an obvious time to just, you know, let the guard down and say, 'I have a responsibility for someone other than myself now.'"

Aiken told People magazine he expected some of his fans to be overwhelmed by the news. But after an outpouring of support from fans, Aiken wrote on his Web site: "Suffice it to say, for the first time in recent memory, I am speechless. I'm so proud to know and love all of you."

Aiken returned Tuesday to the Broadway musical, "Spamalot," but he said he's most excited about his role as a new dad.

He said of his son, "He's a loud one, that's for sure. He's got some lungs on him."

There's a video preview of the interview if you click on the link.

Schmoopie. That's all I can feel.