#43: Even more beautiful now, inside and out!

ldyjocelyn

Vote for next Thread Title  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What should be our next thread title?

• God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!
    • That man just doesn't have quit in him.
    • Lordy, this guy makes me smile so hard. I love him
    • What boyfriend wants he gets!
    • We think we'll keep him!
    • Resistance is futile and once I heard that voice all was right with the world.
    • He's back. We're back. We're home again.
    • Yes, Clay, we still think you are sex on a stick! Southern Fried Sex on a Stick!
    • God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!

well I think her going was a beatiful thing. you never know when his words, his gesture, his love - will hit her right in the heart. maybe it didn't happen on saturday..but I won't be surprised if one of these days when she is doing some mundane thing - like washing dishes - it just hits her.

I want to just put the clack in order, slap it on a Dvd and watch it from start to finish.

keldanker...
awwww! Nice recap. Glad you went! If you can say, how did your teetering friend feel after the Gala?

Sadly, she still says she is stepping back or away. She seemed to enjoy most of the evening, but closed herself off completely when he started singing. She never stood up, not sure if she applauded, had a sour look on her face. She went to the room immediately after the Gala and went to bed. Did not speak about it the next day. Her heart was not open to the love he offered, but yet he told all of us that he is right here waiting...even those who can no longer include him in their hearts. That is truly inclusive.

Cotton, Luckiest1, Claymatron, Sassafras
(and anybody else I missed), it was nice to see you. I'm CravingClay on most other boards so I know that gets a little confusing when trying to introduce myself. I wish I could have joined you all for brunch, but my traveling buddies had other plans.

I am puzzled, why was she there AT ALL if her heart wasn't in it? What was the point... surely the fact she had already paid didn't have anything to do with it.

She wanted to go to Raleigh for the weekend. She wanted to go to the fair and we did. Wanted to see other fans, especially those who might agree with her. She tried to sell her ticket but was unsuccessful. She had planned to still go with us, just not go to the gala. Since she didn't sell the ticket, she said she was meant to go. I just wish she had been open to the message that Clay gave us. It could have made all the difference.

It must be really hard for you, keldanker. She probably wasn't always the best company. Clay has such patience. He has to have seen the stony faces here and there, but he still did that touching and vulnerable performance of RHW.

keldanker, thank you for sharing your story this weekend. I am glad that you were able to share (and receive) the love that was in that room. I'm sad for your friend, but I agree with couchie that I hope somehow, someway, the message and the love with reach through to her heart.

And behold, the power of clack....

This morning I got called off of work, so I called my friend who goes to concerts with me and is going to see Spam with me, to come over and see a few things I had downloaded from the Gala. She was really upset a couple of weeks ago about the news but was slowly coming to terms with it. The last thing I showed her was RHW. I sat there watching it not paying any attention to her. At the end I looked over at her and the tears were falling down her face. She looked at me and said "I really do still love him". She says that she feels so much better and is looking forward to Spam and hopefully a tour.

Your story made me happy gbmifan. Give your friend a big hug from me.

keldanker...
awwww! Nice recap. Glad you went! If you can say, how did your teetering friend feel after the Gala?

Sadly, she still says she is stepping back or away. She seemed to enjoy most of the evening, but closed herself off completely when he started singing. She never stood up, not sure if she applauded, had a sour look on her face. She went to the room immediately after the Gala and went to bed. Did not speak about it the next day. Her heart was not open to the love he offered, but yet he told all of us that he is right here waiting...even those who can no longer include him in their hearts. That is truly inclusive.

Cotton, Luckiest1, Claymatron, Sassafras
(and anybody else I missed), it was nice to see you. I'm CravingClay on most other boards so I know that gets a little confusing when trying to introduce myself. I wish I could have joined you all for brunch, but my traveling buddies had other plans.

I am puzzled, why was she there AT ALL if her heart wasn't in it? What was the point... surely the fact she had already paid didn't have anything to do with it.

Claytonic... this lady sounds like a friend of mine who says she can support the foundation, but not Clay any longer. And these people do not see that they are hurting themselves more than Clay.

Clay has truely led me on a path where I look at all people with more compassion than before.

Clay has taught me to look at people's hearts (or try my best) not their exterior.

Clay has taught me there can be laughter without cruelty.

Clay has fed my soul with his voice and his vision.

Clay has fed my spirit with the joy he always brings.

Clay has encouraged me with his courage and given me hope.

Clay's voice has nourished me and caressed me and made me dance, often at the same time.

N.O.T.H.I.N.G. could drag me away from Clay!

well I think her going was a beatiful thing. you never know when his words, his gesture, his love - will hit her right in the heart. maybe it didn't happen on saturday..but I won't be surprised if one of these days when she is doing some mundane thing - like washing dishes - it just hits her.

I want to just put the clack in order, slap it on a Dvd and watch it from start to finish.

I hope you are right, Couchie. Your post made me cry again. I seem to be doing a lot of that the last few days. I was so hoping it would happen for her Saturday night, but maybe it still will.

Well, darn it, liney23, more tears. :wub: :wub:

**Sigh**

It's over. I'm home. He talked to me. I'm toast. How many of these gala things did I miss before this one? How did I let that happen? This past weekend was the best event I have attended in these past five years, and I've been to enough of them that I've lost count of how many times that actually is. Maybe the fact that I found the exact perfect pair of shoes, just the ones I was looking for, in the very first show store I tried a few weeks ago......was a sign. I don't know. But I do know I love him just as much when I'm in a new pair of party sandals as I do in my flip flops.

I'm busy downloading clack and am so grateful to be able to enjoy these memories again and again. My seat was centered but up against the back wall of the ballroom. My pictures are victims darkness and distance but I hope to salvage a few from the lot. I'll post them when I get them in decent shape. I don't care. It was a privilege to be there. We all never looked so pretty! Clay never looked better. I didn't think to take Kleenex with me...(note to self).

And in conclusion, it is very very weird to watch a video and hear your disembodied voice talking to Clay....like who does that strange voice belong to anyway? But I am so glad to have it. Thank you clack gatherers for that! I really didn't think he believed me at all, but once I saw it on video, I think he did.....I think. :D

Getting to see so many people enjoying his, and each other's company, was a great thing to see again. Please let there be a tour next year!

398899096_STmAo-M.jpg

398899388_EWyH4-M.jpg

God we have it so bad...yet it feels so good!

woo--eee, merrieee! I'm gonna take this to the thread title nomination thread! :clap: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

:yess:Couchie! And...er....when you get done, you can just PM a copy of that puppy my way..... :whistling-1:

'kay? :lilredani:

I may be wrong but I feel that some of these people who shut themselves off and say they are stepping away or back from Clay, are in reality looking for attention. It sounds like your friend already had her mind set before the Gala and I think it's unfortunate that she chose to possibly put a damper on your experience. It is no longer about Clay for some of these people , it is now about them and their inability to reason or listen to reason. Unfortunately, the more you try to help the worse they appear to get......it's too bad but on the plus side 3 new people joined one of the boards I belonged to today.....wish your friend well.

Nuff said...it's just my opinion.

From what I've been reading on the boards everyone was excited with the way the Gala went( ok....not everyone, but that's par for the course) I am excited that Clay sang so beautifully and the Gala was a success. I am going to get me to one of these things one day...come hell or high water !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm busy downloading clack and am so grateful to be able to enjoy these memories again and again. My seat was centered but up against the back wall of the ballroom. My pictures are victims darkness and distance but I hope to salvage a few from the lot. I'll post them when I get them in decent shape. I don't care. It was a privilege to be there. We all never looked so pretty! Clay never looked better. I didn't think to take Kleenex with me...(note to self).

398899096_STmAo-M.jpg

398899388_EWyH4-M.jpg

Kareneh... everyone... download jojoct's clack of RHW right this minute!!! It is so close you can see the tears in Clay's eyes as he sang this song. OMG! Make sure you have kleenex when you do, tho! That man has the most beautiful soul!

I just can't get enough of everyone's pictures and recaps. I am surrounded by papers that must be graded but here I sit, a moth to the flame and the flame is clack.

now for something completely different (had to get a monty python reference in there).

I love going to the Obama youtube montage and reading people's comments. I click on their names to see if they are really claymates (nothing wrong with that mind you) or nju sorta discovering clay. When I see the videos featured on the posters pages as favorites, I am guessing that many of them are African-American and based on the musical tastes indicated by their favorite videos, they fit into the nju category. Here are a couple of quotes (I posted these on CV)

(1 week ago)

Beautiful,just simply beautiful. Clay you've done it man.

And this one from a poster who has alot of hip-hop videos marked as favorites

(1 week ago)

I totally agree, goodstiff. OMG...Clay you are A-W-E-S-O-M-E, with this song. Simply beautiful. The Obamas...simply beautiful. I'm soooooo proud. Y'all please, vote!!!

(5 days ago)

This is a beautiful song. Clay his a most unique voice, just beautiful. The words, pictures, the family, everything, we can't go wrong. This is real love.

And my new personal favorite:

9 hours ago

"Honorary Soul Award," with love and respect. Thanks Clay. From a 70-year old Black man.

Yes! I'd love to have that, too! Maybe someone will get brilliantly inspired and do a "best of" DVD of this one!

I have a hard time understanding someone who was an avid supporter of TBAF, an organization founded on and whose purpose is, Inclusion, ceasing to be a fan of Clay's now that he is out. It just doesn't compute. How can you accept that God made those with disabilities and not accept that God made those who are gay?

How?

YAY PATS!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Personal service announcement

OK, dropping in real fast and totally off topic. Have not read this thread I am still in the middle of the last thread, but taking notes. - the problem is you are all post whores and I cannot start posting without having context (twop trained) this is why it takes me so much time to read boards. I think I am losing ground. For those who are interested, I was off the boards this weekend and lost more ground, but my sock drawer is very neat.

Now for a tactless post. I try for tact, I just seem to fail all the time. For those who were asking my sister about me at the gala - why was I not there and what is my problem. Thank you for your concern, but I am the correct source to go to. My PM box is not full and I do pick up messages. My sister and I are different people, it is not fair to ask her why I do things, she is not in my head and gets placed in the middle. Since my e-mail to her went out too late, she did not even know why I was off the boards (mostly) this weekend. Ask me. I know the latest about me.

The answer is

1) Without seeing a future income, I spent months calculating a budget years ago and at this point I would rather spend my money on the beach house than the gala. There would also be the expense of plane fare and dog sitters. I never planned to attend. Selfish maybe, but my choice. If the market keeps falling, it might not be my choice.

2) I don't have a problem, thank you for your interest. Well, I do have one small problem with people talking about me with someone else when I would rather have them say something directly to me.

Enjoy yourselves. Back to doing real life stuff for me. UGH

Play - you don't owe anyone any sort of explanation. You said months ago that you weren't going to the gala. I'm sure many inquiries were from those that miss you.

cagney - thank you so much for bringing those over. And your favorite is my favorite. The song is fantastic and the video well done.

And I'm sure that a lot of people supported Clay's charity because of Clay. And now they will put their money elsewhere. Sure you would hope that people who spent a lot of time supporting the charity would have built of an affinity for the actual cause... but I'm not surprised that clay was the drawing power for many. I remember a while back that they were going to change the name to something less "clay" but honestly hope they don't. I can understand why they would though. Anybody know anything about that?

I just can't get enough of everyone's pictures and recaps. I am surrounded by papers that must be graded but here I sit, a moth to the flame and the flame is clack.

now for something completely different (had to get a monty python reference in there).

I love going to the Obama youtube montage and reading people's comments. I click on their names to see if they are really claymates (nothing wrong with that mind you) or nju sorta discovering clay. When I see the videos featured on the posters pages as favorites, I am guessing that many of them are African-American and based on the musical tastes indicated by their favorite videos, they fit into the nju category. Here are a couple of quotes (I posted these on CV)

(1 week ago)

Beautiful,just simply beautiful. Clay you've done it man.

And this one from a poster who has alot of hip-hop videos marked as favorites

(1 week ago)

I totally agree, goodstiff. OMG...Clay you are A-W-E-S-O-M-E, with this song. Simply beautiful. The Obamas...simply beautiful. I'm soooooo proud. Y'all please, vote!!!

(5 days ago)

This is a beautiful song. Clay his a most unique voice, just beautiful. The words, pictures, the family, everything, we can't go wrong. This is real love.

And my new personal favorite:

9 hours ago

"Honorary Soul Award," with love and respect. Thanks Clay. From a 70-year old Black man.

cagney... thanks for bringing those comments over. Any chance you could post a link to that Obama/Clay montage??? I haven't seen it in awhile and I didn't bookmark it.

Play... :F_05BL17blowkiss: We should all be bazillionaires so we can love Clay in person all the time! {{{{hugs}}}}

The last thing I showed her was RHW. I sat there watching it not paying any attention to her. At the end I looked over at her and the tears were falling down her face. She looked at me and said "I really do still love him". She says that she feels so much better and is looking forward to Spam and hopefully a tour.

Thank you for sharing this. It's nice to know that it reached someone who needed it.

I cannot stop listening AND watching EIDN and RHW. If he EVER again sings EIDN without that lift at the end, I will wup him upside the head... twice!!! :cryingwlaughter: It is just an awesome ending. He always sings better live than on the cds cause he can play with it more. They really need to get that into his recordings somehow.

ETA: That part in RHW where he sings, "In the end, if I'm with you... I'll take the chance," just gets me every time. :cry4: I am watching MB's clack now and at the end of RHW, he does his sign, "thank you" and I hadn't seen that on any of the others I have watched. I'm toast... will someone add some apricot preserves, please! :cryingwlaughter:

Hee, just WORD. The ending of EIDN and that part in RHW are killer. I don't know how many times I've watched them already. Over and over and over. Last night. This morning. On the plane home. I'm slightly obsessed.

Cotton, Luckiest1, Claymatron, Sassafras (and anybody else I missed), it was nice to see you. I'm CravingClay on most other boards so I know that gets a little confusing when trying to introduce myself. I wish I could have joined you all for brunch, but my traveling buddies had other plans.

Thank you, I can never keep the screen names straight! I enjoyed seeing everyone at the gala and the brunch.

I have no problem with it at all for me, luckiest1~but some of the folks at the Gala did specifically request that MY pictures not be shown online.

I am confused......

I finally have a few minutes here to talk about not really a recap, because you all certainly know, far better than I do probably, what went on at the Gala on Saturday night. Our table was the second-worst one at the Gala :lol: and I SAW absolutely nothing. What I heard and what I FELT in that room was quite another thing.

Hee, I hope you are referring to my table as the first-worst. :cryingwlaughter: Seriously, at that distance I needed binoculars. But it didn't matter. Because the emotion was palpable. The voice was indescribably amazing. It was something I would have been devastated to miss. I am so glad I went, even though I will be paying off these visa bills for the next several years. And I am confused, because I've heard more than one person refer to the price of the individual tickets as more expensive this year than last. I am pretty sure that they were $250 both years. Unless my memory is failing again, which is entirely possible.

I agree, those who have closed their hearts may one day have an epiphany and realize that it is their loss and come back. At least I can hope.

Hee, we did the DVD thing last night and watched everything roughly in order on a big flat screen tv. It was awesome.

Kareneh... everyone... download jojoct's clack of RHW right this minute!!! It is so close you can see the tears in Clay's eyes as he sang this song. OMG! Make sure you have kleenex when you do, tho! That man has the most beautiful soul!

Oh god, I don't think I can take any more tonight. I will have to catch up on the new clack tomorrow after work. We left Raleigh at 2:30 this afternoon, transferred planes in Newark, and arrived in Buffalo at 7:00 pm. Then drove through the US/Canada border (no hassles), stopped for dinner in Grimsby, dropped cindilu2 & Claymatron off, and I arrived home around 11:00 pm. Yes, I should have been in bed an hour ago. What of it? ;)

Yes! I'd love to have that, too! Maybe someone will get brilliantly inspired and do a "best of" DVD of this one!

Your wish is our command. We are planning to start tomorrow. Should be done in the next 2 weeks at the latest. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I have a hard time understanding someone who was an avid supporter of TBAF, an organization founded on and whose purpose is, Inclusion, ceasing to be a fan of Clay's now that he is out. It just doesn't compute. How can you accept that God made those with disabilities and not accept that God made those who are gay?

How?

Exactly. Does not compute for me either.

Eeep, look at the time. I will be dragging my ass to work in the morning.

sassafras, if you are lurking, thank you so much for your hospitality this weekend. :wub:

*waves to Karma*

claywishes at CV posted these pics and I swear when I saw them, all I could think of was:

Clay Aiken: The First Gay President of the United States of America!

397500520_XkYGh-M.jpg

397500573_MjY3r-M.jpg

397493926_isNC4-L.jpg

Do you think that if I volunteer NOW to be his event manager for his future campaign, he'd hire me? :lilredani: I'd consider it to be an honor and privilege to work under Mr. Aiken.

:sleezy:

Clay does look so presidential, doesn't he.

Here is the link to the Obama montage:

Ask me how many exams I graded tonight? 0!

I'll be better tomorrow (which is today-gotta get to bed!)

ETA: That last pic, I can hear Clay saying "My fellow Americans...."

OMG, I just watched jojoct EIDN. OMG. I know exactly what you mean about that lift at the end, liney. It's sublime. I saw that "thank you" at the end of RHW earlier today.

It's a smorgasbord of clack. Who was it talking about desserts? Was that here? I haven't even started in on the auction clack, except for the jacket and the bear.

So now I just finished her RHW. It's almost too intimate. It's gorgeous.

Yes, Yes, Yes!! Jojoct's EIDN and RHW are both fantastic, in different ways, of course.

EIDN is hawt!!! Steaming!! :hubbahubba:

And RHW is so tender, loving, kind, intimate and sweet that it will make you tear up, but in a good way. :cry4: Gawd, it's so gorgeous!! :clap:

I'm back from NYC--didn't spend much time on the computer as we saw Spam 4 times. the Lion King and Billy Elliot (GREAT SHOW!!). We also took a train ride up the Hudson River to see the leaves and spent a couple of day trips to Long Island--Sayville and the Oyster Festival at Oyster Bay. On Sunday night, we rested.

And watched Clack from the Gala.

THANK YOU to all the clack goddesses (we started with YOUR videos, Scarlett!).

It was a wonderful trip.

I'm back from NYC--didn't spend much time on the computer as we saw Spam 4 times. the Lion King and Billy Elliot (GREAT SHOW!!). We also took a train ride up the Hudson River to see the leaves and spent a couple of day trips to Long Island--Sayville and the Oyster Festival at Oyster Bay. On Sunday night, we rested.

And watched Clack from the Gala.

THANK YOU to all the clack goddesses (we started with YOUR videos, Scarlett!).

It was a wonderful trip.

Wish I could have cloned myself and gone with you!

I really want to see Lion King! Was it wonderful?

ETA:

Georgiesmybaby! How did I miss seeing you at the Gala?

EATA:

One of our wonderful montage makers needs to use Clay's speaking at the podium and sync some of his more "urging" voiceovers with Podium Man!

Or blend some actual candidates speeches. I wonder if he has ever said "my fellow Americans" even joking around. He has had some many interviews, etc, where he went into joking/imitating, I bet there's material out there!

:cryingwlaughter:

Okay - I'm going to try again to sleep. Wish me luck!