#44: We think we'll keep him!!!!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'll connect with this man in any way at any time.
    • He could sing me the Invisionfree terms of service agreement and I'd love it, so any new songs are obviously going to be coolness squared.
    • He owns us.
    • Just sing to me, pretty boy!

Oh gosh, if it's this bad when he's appearing every night, I don't even want to think about the tone of the boards in a drought! :cryingwlaughter:

I gotta agree that lately, I've been speed reading through a lot of stuff. I love the Spam recaps, and I loved both recent TV appearances. I am counting down the days to my own Spam experience (12 days!!!!!), reading a lot of books, and getting reacquainted with some old passtimes, like my figure skating obsession. Yesterday, I bought the first set of competition tickets I've bought in more than 3 years. Of course, the competition isn't until Nov 2009, but it'll be fun. Hopefully, it won't conflict with Clay's schedule! Becoss then I'd have to sell the damn things. Heh.

I don't think my local EZ Rock station has switched over to Christmas music yet, but it sure would be nice to hear OHN by Clay instead of somebody else this year. The statistics that moonhead has provided recently have been extremely encouraging!

ETA: More Spam recaps.

From CV:

Toni7babe called--with Scarlett and her great memory advising. FRIDAY EVENING performance—end of show, 2nd half.

Show ROCKED! Absolutely fabulous show!

Big number—enunciating words much clearer, more emphasis, accentuates certain words (shitty was one of them). Really milked the piano playing. Big tunic flip.

Bottle dance—tongue out, side to side.

Sang Amen—to die for. SOULFUL. Long and fantastic, totally different, complex, the knights could hardly follow it.

Incredible voice tonight. Totally hot show; did I mention she said the show was HOT!.

End dancing, side leg kicks HIGH. He clasped both his hands behind his head with his elbows sticking out to the sides, then did 2 BIG vigorous thrusts. What a brat! The woman behind her was so excited she slapped toni in the head! It was wild and he knew exactly what he was doing.

Encore—dance side to side, moving hips, grind, thrust—has never seen him dance that much. He was really into it and having a blast. Picked up confetti again and blew toward audience. Gave 2 finger salute. Danced the entire time, still dancing when the curtain came down—non-stop, different dance moves. VERY frisky tonight. Toni and Scarlett have seen 40 shows and they’ve never seen him dance or move like that or that much. Show was fantastic! Did I mention she said the show was fantastic?

Encore—entire cast into it. Lots of interaction with the audience. Merle winked and smiled at them. Rick waved, blew confetti and gave them a thumbs up. Just fabulous!

End of show, the back of the theater was standing when the dancers came out. Great appreciation for everyone.

David out. Don’t know why. His stand in was very good—Michael O’Donnell.

No stage door. Maybe 35 people there. Tom and Merle came out, signed and took pictures. Very friendly. They saw Dancerdad and starhorse and talked a bit.

Continued talking from Juniors.

I told her about ebay numbers, ET and Rosie’s show. AND...that everybody says HI and THANKS.

She’ll call tomorrow after the show and the CHAT!!! YIPEEEEE!!! That’s all folks.

From CH:

Sorry!! Just got back to the hotel as we all went to Juniors after the show but I see mine and Scarlett's phone reports were brought over from CV, so that really gives you a feel for the shows I think. Thanks dancermom and Ms. Marmalade for bringing them over.

Great crowds both shows. Looked very full to me for both shows. Loads of NJU and loads of kids and teens at the matinee. Tonights crowd was livelier and really into the show. Both shows were great but tonights OMG really was outstanding! One of mine & Scarlett's fav shows we have seen!

He was a dancing fool tonight and the hip thrust were GOOD verra, verra, verra GOOD! Hands behind his head, elbows out and 2 vigourous hip thrusts at one point almost killed us. He was really dancing during the whole ALOTBSOL closing number. We had never seen him dance so much at the end as he did tonight.

Vocally he was great and he sang the Amen 2 different styles each show that blew us away! Matinee was low and deep and Evening show I can't even describe the Amen but to say WOW!

I can't wait to do it all over again tomorrow and go to the chat too!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

So.... his Rosie appearance was too short/Broadway/gay... his parade appearance was too much makeup and ugly hair, and his upcoming ET piece isn't going to be right either. Using Parker? Allrighty then.

Seriously. This is the gist of what you get if you read around the boards (here included). Sure, there are a fews gahhhs and awwws thrown in, but the mood? Blah.

What ever happened to just enjoying him? I know - people post and talk about what they want to. That doesn't change the fact that it sucks. He's once again being picked apart more relentlessly than the Thanksgiving turkey. Blah.

I figure it's the glass half empty people posting. Clay should look like they want him to because they know best. I can scroll past certain names. He still sings great and has a heart the size of a large room. He is making so many appearances and still acting in a two hour show, it's amazing to me he can still speak so eloquently. I guess I just don't care about the superficial things. :notcaring:

We did our first WFI yesterday and georgiesmybaby once again did a fabulous job of setting up the wrapping area at the mall. We are going to need more people to volunteer soon, so if anyone knows of someone in the Greensboro, NC area that might be interested in working for a few hours, pm me or georgiesmybaby. This may be a very challanging year due to the economy and the jobs situation. But always looking at the bright side of life. :please:

Lotus, thank you!!!! for that radio thingy!!!!

It is perfect background for working.

Also kind of crystallized something for me - I care about voice, then song, but genre not that important - given that there are some genres that I just don't care for at all.

My first song pick was Still Got the Blues, by Gary Moore. I love that song, and that album, immoderately. This was followed by Clarence Brown, another blues song - and I realised I don't want to listen to a bunch of different artists in the same genre. I want to listen to Gary Moore.

I gotta try Chris Isaak soon, I wonder who they will follow him with - he is a genre unto himself, IMO.

This is fun!

I can't get interested in negative stuff about Clay's appearance and appearances, because it is not interesting to read or whatever. Not germane to my life, or fandom, or something like that.

On the other hand, I guess the vacuum created when KCE peeps got bored has been filled; Nature does abhor a vacuum! Heeeee.....one stop shopping now, no need to see what Sucks or KCE is saying!! :-O

I got the feeling Rosie pulled the plug, that she was disappointed and her feelings got hurt. She really should just ask Cher or Carol Burnett or even the Smothers Brothers for advice - all of them had brilliant variety shows, in their own ways. Hosts who are singers and/or dancers - great! But if you are not, just stand back and let the talent do their thing, and give the talent enough room and time to shine. I loved Alec Baldwin and Jane Krakowski, and loved just seeing Clay.

She set a very odd tone, IMO, with the politics and gay jokes, that is not what a family variety show is for, and she will never be as brilliantly biting as, say, the Smothers Brothers. It is like she is trying to score points, not like she is trying to be funny. JMO and all that.

I would have to say that I would rather watch Rosie again than watch smarmy old Barbara Wawa interview anybody, including Clay - she creeps me out, she is just Maury Povich with a higher profile.

So.... his Rosie appearance was too short/Broadway/gay... his parade appearance was too much makeup and ugly hair, and his upcoming ET piece isn't going to be right either.
Using
Parker? Allrighty then.

Seriously. This is the gist of what you get if you read around the boards (here included). Sure, there are a fews gahhhs and awwws thrown in, but the mood? Blah.

What ever happened to just enjoying him? I know - people post and talk about what they want to. That doesn't change the fact that it sucks. He's once again being picked apart more relentlessly than the Thanksgiving turkey. Blah.

Well you know, Cindi, there's a saying about this (show) biz, it's better to be talked about, than not!

I think we all scrutinize Clay and express our opinion because we are NOT indifferent to him. We take the time and effort to watch everything and notice every little thing and then comment on every little thing. I really didn't like his hair, frankly I was kinda taken aback. And his appearance on ANY show will always be too short for me. I am glad he talked about Parker's illness, I believe he has been open to sharing it for two reasons, firstly because it was such a big deal to him, and secondly because he believes in bringing awareness to children's medical conditions.

I honestly don't see it as negative criticism. It's just an expression of personal taste and our beautiful obsession. Sometimes I suspect Clay does these crazy hairstyles just to get us worked up! :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

ETA:

I would have to say that I would rather watch Rosie again than watch smarmy old Barbara Wawa interview anybody, including Clay - she creeps me out, she is just Maury Povich with a higher profile.

Funny you should say that. I've felt that way about Barbara Wawa for quite a while. I love The View but next time she needs to replace someone, I think it should be HERSELF!!

Eh, I liked Clay on Rosie's thing - though I did mentioned if it was anyone but Clay I wouldn't have and didn't watch anything else on Rosie's thing...and I liked Clay's appearance on the Thanksgiving Parade thingie - and still think his hair was fucked up. Hell, I didn't even think it was a style, just sorta assumed he arrived with bedhead...but then I have never really been an interview lover. There is not any interview I've listened to more than once. What can I say? I'm a performance girl.

I thought I saw plenty of "ooooh, it's Clay! Yay!" here - didn't even go to the other boards...me, I got the impression that people were and are happy with the man.

I gotta go get my car inspected. I don't wanna go get my car inspected. I wanna sit here on my butt and do nothing.

Yesterday, I bought the first set of competition tickets I've bought in more than 3 years. Of course, the competition isn't until Nov 2009, but it'll be fun. Hopefully, it won't conflict with Clay's schedule! Becoss then I'd have to sell the damn things. Heh.

Whew!! You kinda freaked me out for a minute there! :lol:

Cindy, I understand your frustration, because I share it at times. I've learned to NOT read the boards before an appearance because it sometimes colours my appreciation; not because I don't appreciate him anymore, but because I'm then kind of LOOKING for the "bad hair" or whatever and not focusing on the gorgeousness. :) I think it's akin to reading the book before seeing the movie.

I loved both Rosie and the parade interview; particularly the parade interview, as he was "Clay" and so obviously happy, despite being up at an hour he's just not accustomed to. :lol: I'm looking (cautiously) forward to ET~cautiously only because I'm not sure it will really happen. I want to see his "nice sweater" (WHY!!!! didn't those parade people make him strip???! :hysterical: ) and I want to hear anything that comes out of his mouth for whatever reason he deems necessary.

I love him!

Scarlett and Playbiller, thanks once again! You tried! If it doesn't work, I'll make my donation via the website.

ETA: Eeeeeehhhhhh!!! I forgot it's Talkback day! Keeping my fingers crossed it goes well (for him) and that we get lots of reports. Audio would be especially appreciated! :lol: Just sayin'.....

Yeah, Kandre, my impression of the Thanksgiving hair is that it was just how his hair happened to look, especially after wearing a hoodie. Not Official Appearance Hair.

And yes, I think talking about Parker's surgery might be informative to other people with babies.

Can't wait to hear about the questions and answers this afternoon!

Whew!! You kinda freaked me out for a minute there! :lol:

:whistling-1: Seriously, you should know me better than that! :lilredani: Clay vs anything other than family obligations......Clay wins every time. That will not change. But I find I'm happier to ignore alot of the angsting and critiquing on the boards.

I know most of you don't know me at all, but I want to assure you that I'm not a downer or half-empty person.

When I say that I find something curious or I wonder about something it's just that - curiosity - nothing more. I'm not angsting over it, I'm not changing my life because of it. It's just something that popped into my head.

I enjoy Clay, I'm captivated by some of the things he does, but my life doesn't revolve around his hair style, or lack thereof. I usually check in every day to see what's going on, but I stopped posting regularly three or four years ago. I did all the deep, meaningful discussions in the first six months of my obsession fandom and my I'm chill with most anything and just curious about what's next.

This is several years old, and I wish someone would make an updated version, but since couchie insisted for Clay pictures, I thought this would fit the conversation for today....

faveclayelanaiam.jpg

That's the ticket.

A Clay performance turned to a convo about his hair? Well that's a new one. LOL

I don't think ancillary things like hair take away from the feeling that people enjoy the interview. I guess I'm just used to hair talk. I thought he looked really cute and happy and don't even mind the hair style nonstyle...however he did look like a vampire with that dark hair. But maybe that's the new in thing because I keep hearing about this Twilight movie. heh.

The Rosie thing? The only unfortunate part was that the show surrounding that minute sucked to me. I don't know what she was thinking.

All people can do is post their opinions. Maybe the tone won't always be what everyone would want but that's the nature of a board. With regards to Rosie, since he was so prominent in pre publicity I was hoping for a whole lot more - maybe even the sound of his voice. That would have been nice.

KAndre, its a good thing you don't check the other boards because there are some people who seem to like constantly stirring the turd. Haven't had time to read at the OFC because they are really chatty over there but at CB and even CH, some of those regular shit stirrers were complaining about how his appearance on Rosie was throwing his gayness in our faces and its apparently all he talks about anymore according to them. Good lord, you'd think he had started draping himself in a boa and was marching in a gay pride parade or something. And the hair and make-up just put them right over the edge because it has now become his new look instead of just being a bad hair and make-up day. Maybe I don't care so much because I'm the same way with my looks. If I look like crap today oh well, there's always tomorrow.

I still think its adorable that he doesn't seem to give a crap about how he looks and when I see him on tv, if he seems happy or he comes across as the intelligent, funny guy we've come to know, that's all I care about. All that other stuff is just the wrapping.

Slightly off topic but does anyone here know if spotlightlover is still among us. Her and Scarlett are two of my favorite clack gatherers and once touring starts, hopefully soon, I want to have lots of nice, clear clack to watch.

Lilyshine - I'm taking a wait and see because ET and those type of shows are just known for blasting a headline to get viewers. But really, he's already talked about it and it was just a Holy Crap I'm' a dad moment for him. And wasn't this taped like a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago because I swear it feels like I've been hearing about this forever. We'll know by the hair color right? It's ET, I really expect nothing new here though and yes I'm knocking it before I see it. :cryingwlaughter: I hate that show and all of the copycats it has spawned.

Throwing his gayness in OUR faces? WTF? Get used to it people. Although the joke wasn't original - the fact that he was part of was what I liked about it. His gayness isn't some theory. Lord, watch out when Clay gets a boyfriend.

ETA: Maybe it's being partially blind but heee I didn't even notice any makeup and I really thought he looked great. Ya'll did have me scared to look at first. Parades are another thing I can't stand to watch. If my glasses aren't here today I swear I will go on a rampage with s spork wearing a Clay tshirt.

Nope, couchie, I already have my new glasses, and I didn't notice any excessive makeup either. Hair looked par for the course. And I've gone back and looked since......still don't see what all the fuss is about. He looked fine! Gawd, to read some of the comments around the boards, I agree, you'd think he'd appeared in drag. :wordpooper:

So I just went to Costco for lunch to shop........hee those free samples are a good incentive, though. Yeah, how come I can never spend less than $150 in there? Ah well, will not have to worry about the kids finding stuff to eat when I don't feel like cooking, since I bought enough snacks in bulk to feed an army. :cryingwlaughter:

I gotta go get my car inspected. I don't wanna go get my car inspected. I wanna sit here on my butt and do nothing.

I was in my happy place -- saw only the Clack segment from Rosie, saw bright eyes doing an interview (I don't use makeup enough to scrutinize it on other people), saw lots of hip thrusts and grinding over the last 24 hours.... then this?!!!

Do I need to get my car inspected too? The insurance cards and 09 tags already arrived in the mail (haven't put them on) -- isn't that enought? How often do you get your car inspected? Will they say anything about teeny garage-door-colored scratches on the sides?

ETA: Oh, in the middle of all that toni & I even forgot to mention the searing hot coconut dance!

And during the first amen (the matinee, short sweet but deep one), he sang along with the knights behind his book when they attempted to duplicate his beautiful tones.

Oh, look, clayzycoffin has another random question.

Does anyone know which date is the "THEY WILL BE LOCKED" interview? I've downloaded about six interviews between Jimmy Kimmel and Jay Leno because I can't remember which one it is.

I love Clack, so it doesn't really matter how long it takes, I'd just like to have it... I've figured out how to do the screencaps (which is a major personal achievement) and I've been capping all sorts of funny Clay expressions. The "it's just not good" face, the "the turkey's been dead a while, Jay" face... I want to add the "THEY WILL BE LOCKED" face to my collection now. :D

bwah..so somebody else goes to Costco for the free samples...and if it's not that..it's the dollar fifty hotdogs.

I'm always in awe of anyone who can pull out a show and date with so little clues. I ain't one of them :cryingwlaughter: Somebody can though..and tell you what he was wearing to boot.

Play and Scarlett... thanks for all the reports! Glad you're having fun.

Having just come back from my second viewing of Twilight, I have to say I think that "dude" is kinda hawt, yeah. And that Clay Aiken fella is all kinds of hawt, too. I really don't stress about makeup or hair at all. In fact, I often wonder wtf people are seeing becoss I have to go back and look again. He usually just looks great to me. :huh:

Thanks to all for bringing over the Spam reports. Less than two weeks until I'll be writing one!

I agree lucky! Robert Patinson was smokin hot in that movie!! After reading teh book and the casting choice I wasn't sure he'd be 'pretty' enough. But I loved it!!

I've only seen it once - I wanna go again!!

LOVE THIS!!!

One singular sensation

Every little step he takes.

One thrilling combination

Every move that he makes.

One smile and suddenly nobody else will do;

You know you'll never be lonely with you know who.

One moment in his presence

And you can forget the rest.

For the guy is second best

To none,

Son.

Ooooh! Sigh! Give him your attention.

Do...I...really have to mention?

He's the One?

SpamHat.gif

gif by SueRue.

The THEY WILL BE LOCKED thingie was a Kimmel thingie - somebody will figure out which Kimmel thingie.

Scarlett, you gotta do the inspection thingie every year. You have two thingies on the windshield with dates on 'em - one is the registration thingie that you can do online and get in the mail - the other one some dude (or dudette) has to actually like, look at your vehicle to make sure it's roadworthy or something and not belching out toxic fumes.

Oh, look, clayzycoffin has another random question.

Does anyone know which date is the "THEY WILL BE LOCKED" interview? I've downloaded about six interviews between Jimmy Kimmel and Jay Leno because I can't remember which one it is.

I love Clack, so it doesn't really matter how long it takes, I'd just like to have it... I've figured out how to do the screencaps (which is a major personal achievement) and I've been capping all sorts of funny Clay expressions. The "it's just not good" face, the "the turkey's been dead a while, Jay" face... I want to add the "THEY WILL BE LOCKED" face to my collection now. :D

clazy - when all else fails - look it up on youtube!!

THEY WILL BE LOCKED!!

Sept 26, 2006

Ha! Thanks, cha cha trusty! I never would have even thought of that. :lol: Silly me.

Lilyshine - I'm taking a wait and see because ET and those type of shows are just known for blasting a headline to get viewers. But really, he's already talked about it and it was just a Holy Crap I'm' a dad moment for him. And wasn't this taped like a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago because I swear it feels like I've been hearing about this forever. We'll know by the hair color right? It's ET, I really expect nothing new here though and yes I'm knocking it before I see it. :cryingwlaughter: I hate that show and all of the copycats it has spawned.

Couchie, the ET interview was taped the first week of October (the 6th is ringing a bell to me), so it's definitely not fresh. It also says to me that Clay didn't make any big revelations or say anything that could be twisted into an overly dramatic soundbite, or ET would have run it earlier. I'm just expecting it to be a "Hey, how are ya? What's it like being a dad?" dealie.

clazy, if you click out to the Finding Clay Aiken website (the link is up there to left at the bottom of the banner), you can find annual Clay Timelines. They've been very helpful to me when I've wanted to track down the date of a particular appearance or tour stop or whatnot.

Ha! Thanks, cha cha trusty! I never would have even thought of that. :lol: Silly me.

You're Welcome!!!

I just watched the whole thing again for the first time in a long time!!

Thanks for bringing it up!!! 9 minutes of pure delight!! And my favorite hairstyle!! :)

allow me to pretty up this page a bit!!

th_akimmelsong10.jpg

th_akimmelsong11.jpg

th_akimmelsong12.jpg

th_akimmelsong13.jpg

th_NDVD_1800a.jpg

th_NDVD_1802a.jpg

th_NDVD_1803.jpg

this post brought to you by exclamationpoint.gif