#44: We think we'll keep him!!!!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'll connect with this man in any way at any time.
    • He could sing me the Invisionfree terms of service agreement and I'd love it, so any new songs are obviously going to be coolness squared.
    • He owns us.
    • Just sing to me, pretty boy!

ETA: More pics, from the Rosie after-party:

http://www.filmmagic.com/ItemListing.aspx?...485&evntI=0

And this from raquelsg at CV (via CH) cracked me up:

Sorry if this was discussed/mentioned earlier -- but I didn't see it. Did anyone else but me google Jill Meister to see who she was? She was the CBS producer that Clay said hello to during the parade interview. Well, turns out she's none other than YELLOW SWEATER GIRL. Here's a link to her picture, and other info:

http://engage08.blogspot.com/2008/09/speak...eister-cbs.html

AND it said she was married recently--so I would bet it was her wedding that he sang "Something About Us" at the reception last spring. We knew it was a "friend's" wedding, and had to be in NY, since he performed at Spamlot that night--so my sense is that it was her wedding. Anyway, nice to know who she finally is, as we saw them together so often over the years.

Finally! :P

Thanks for posting those pics! Sure hope someone can yank them off of there. LOVE the "caricature", which isn't really....and he's SUCH a ham!! :hysterical:

YSG....hilarious!! Who else in the entire world do you know, that could make a friend for life because she had to prop him up on an airplane the entire trip! :lol: Now I'm sure that's not the whole of it....but they're very obviously good friends. Very cool! And I wouldn't be surprised that IS whose wedding it was.

Please keep your fingers, toes and legs :) crossed for claymatron, cindilu2 and I and probably others.....who are waiting to see if Scarlett and playbiller are successful in talking Clay into taking pix with our signs this weekend.

ETA: I meant to say last night...I also loved the female broadcaster on the parade segment...anyone else but me thinking she was barely able to restrain an eeeeeeee!!!! as Clay joined them? :hysterical:

FromClaygary wrote:

YSG....hilarious!! Who else in the entire world do you know, that could make a friend for life because she had to prop him up on an airplane the entire trip! laugh.gif Now I'm sure that's not the whole of it....but they're very obviously good friends. Very cool! And I wouldn't be surprised that IS whose wedding it was.

Pretty sure it was. Jill's wedding was April 5th, (found that out in this blog here: http://www.perfectweddingguide.com/wedding-blog/ ) and here's a recap from Spamalot from that day, from heartsaiken4ca at the CB:

I've got the scoop. He had to leave to go sing at a wedding. I'm talking to a friend who got to go up on stage and meet him. More after I get off the phone.

My friend Ginny from California was in the bathroom line downstairs and started carrying on a conversation with the lady behind her. This woman couldn't believe a 70ish year old woman would come to New York. The woman asked where she was sitting and when she told her, she said, oh, she was sitting a couple of rows behind her. Before intermission was over, the woman tapped her on the should and asked if she would like to meet Clay. She couldn't believe her ears! Apparently this woman's husband is a cousin of the man who plays Sir Galahad's mother (they were the people who ended up outside and then were taken inside to meet Clay onstage). He said he only had a couple of minutes because he had to sing at someone's wedding and he was running late. He was very gracious and signed a couple of pictures she brought. I'm so happy for her. She thought last summer's tour might be her last time traveling.

So, yep, looks like he sang Something About Us for Jill and her husband. :)

No shopping here...except for a run to the grocery store for eggs, milk...the usual stuff I run out of .

The turkey carcass is being made into stock...love after Thanksgiving turkey soup.

Leftovers tonight since we have bowling and have to be out the door by 6:00...we will have the soup tomorrow.

Re-watched Clay's parade appearance and yeah, the hair wasn't the best...if he is going to wear his hair short, he needs to go JBT short or let it grow out...I actually prefer longer hair on him...this style, not so much. But it was great seeing him and I love listening to him talk, especially about Parker.

Kim

from CV

smittenwithclay

playbill: $1,525.00

Dinner with Clay: $6,000.00

Window card: $1,075.00

Seans assistant: $405.00

I love seeing these numbers especially in these bad financial times. Donations to charities will be down.

I think Clay should auction off the white suit he wears in his last performance of Spamalot.

Imagine how much that would raise! :whistling-1:

I laughed when I saw Clay's hair yesterday. It looked like he took his cap off and just spiked the front a little. At least people can't say that he's vain!!

I briefly tune into the local radio station that's playing Christmas music when I'm in my car, but I can't stand to listen for more than a few notes at a time because I hate so many of the schmaltzy holiday songs. I was fortunate enough today, though, to actually catch the last third of Clay's OHN. Why is it such a rush to hear that voice on the radio? And is it inappropriate to roll down the car windows and blast it, even if it's 30 something degrees out?

:XmasRed:

I laughed when I saw Clay's hair yesterday. It looked like he took his cap off and just spiked the front a little. At least people can't say that he's vain!!

I laughed at people's reaction to his hair because its like he has thousands of mothers out there who worry about how he looks. I can't say that I really don't pay much attention to his hair or make-up or clothes. I just see Clay and that beautiful smile and personality, and his almost total lack of concern for his appearance is just part of what makes him so adorable to me. And considering how bad some of these celebrities, especially singers, look these days, he looks pretty damn good to me.

Nah. Sell each piece separately. 'Cause I'd want either the vest or the tophat.

Of course, spooky would outbid me in about 0.2 seconds...

ldyj, someone's been listening to you. :)

ebay just added Clay's top hat to the auction

(and right now, it's going for $5. hee. right. like that will happen. lol)

Oh man. But 45 minutes after you've posted, it's up to $560! (With the reserve NOT met yet, hee!). ETA: after composing my post, it's now up to $1000...and the reserve has been met. I feel like bidding, just to say I've bid...

*crosses fingers for winning the lottery tonight*

I briefly tune into the local radio station that's playing Christmas music when I'm in my car, but I can't stand to listen for more than a few notes at a time because I hate so many of the schmaltzy holiday songs. I was fortunate enough today, though, to actually catch the last third of Clay's OHN. Why is it such a rush to hear that voice on the radio? And is it inappropriate to roll down the car windows and blast it, even if it's 30 something degrees out?

:XmasRed:

Never inappropriate to blast Clay from your car! I found myself listening to the radio today as well, with the Christmas station, in hopes of hearing Clay. Alas, not to be. But I have hopes -- according to moonhead at the CH, OHN has picked up a lot of steam this year, and I can only hope that I'll hear Clay's version at some point this season.

I laughed at people's reaction to his hair because its like he has thousands of mothers out there who worry about how he looks. I can't say that I really don't pay much attention to his hair or make-up or clothes. I just see Clay and that beautiful smile and personality, and his almost total lack of concern for his appearance is just part of what makes him so adorable to me. And considering how bad some of these celebrities, especially singers, look these days, he looks pretty damn good to me.

So much WORD. I find his lack of vanity totally endearing -- especially since he's in a business that focuses so much on looks and appearance. Granted I love him when he looks especially hawt (I'll take AMA 2006 for $1000, please Alex), but I find him just as charming when he looks as if he's just fallen out of bed, or when he's added just a LITTLE too much bleach to the head. LOL. It's the man I love, not the appearance.

Fom CV

toni7babe called, Friday matinee.

Report from toni and Scarlett.

First of all...Clay is F&%king gorgeous!!! th_ThudMats.gif

Toni, Scarlett, ClaysFayevorite, irishbookgal, jasr9203 are all in the first 3 rows.

From scribbled notes...apologies in advance:

FANTASTIC! Great crowd. Orchestra full except for a very few scattered seats on the far sides. Mezzanine full as far as her eyes can see. Same with balcony except for a few scattered seats on the sides. Lots of kids, teens and families, mostly NJU. Fans scattered throughout.

David’s out.

Tower, hair behind his ears. Lots more facial expressions, that one sing songy line—played with his fingernails as in totally disinterested in what the king was saying.

Not Dead Yet scene, totally copied Lancelot’s dance, REALLY HIGH LEG KICK—seemed to be important that I emphasize that for toni. (I think she liked it!) He held the triangle stick straight out and hung the triangle on it.

God scene—dinner cruise—huge laughs. Timing on that whole scene is better throughout. Great laughs.

All for One scene—holding chicken—kept looking back and forth with a kind of quizzical expression between chicken and fire, then chicken to fire and back and forth. Very cute.

GREAT yodel, Idol line—great response . Wonderful Spam line, guys in line trying to pull him back—didn’t seem to want to go.

Find Grail—girls chasing--big shimmy with one girl and 1 HOT hip thrust, really HOT! (That also seemed to be VERRA important.)

When Merle was singing center stage, he danced on the dice like he did when Hannah was injured.

Seasons changing—when they got to spring, he said “I like spring” right before they throw the bucket of water.

Everyone enjoying the show.

Beginning of Laker Girls scene, the king’s whistle didn’t work, tried several times—faint little sound. Finally threw the whistle across the stage. Toni really likes the king—fabulous dancing.

Spinning nun—habit got all tangled up and went really high—saw all of tights, very funny. Nun was so close to Sir Robin, he had to pick up his legs so she wouldn’t crash into him.

Sean playing drums, waved to them.

Merle doing very good job—singing was always great, but toni thinks her stage presence and comedic timing have improved greatly.

Everybody’s having a fabulous time. Show is great! More later. luvknight.gif

This is the write up on EBay on the top hat:

From the company of Broadway's Tony Award winning hit musical comedy SPAMALOT comes this unique piece of authentic theatrical history for your very own. As if superstar Clay Aiken has not been generous enough coming up with ways to raise money for Broadway Cares' annual Gypsy of the Year Competition, he has found a way to TOP himself, and we mean literally! This authentic white pop-up TOP hat is the actual one worn by Clay in the show during the wedding scene. We can not even send it to you in time for Christmas as we have to wait for the's show's final performance before shipping it out. But your holidays will be even brighter knowing that when all the props and costumes are packed up and shipped off after the final performance on January 11th, 2009, this particular costume piece will not only be going to one auction winner's home, but in addition, Clay will personalize it for that TOP bidder. What a great way to start 2009. Happy bidding, Happy Holidays and in this case, Happy New Year! The top hat will not be available for shipping until after January 11th, 2009 when the show closes.

I laughed at people's reaction to his hair because its like he has thousands of mothers out there who worry about how he looks

Hmmm..well, I doubt you'd find anyone who'd accuse me of thinking I'm his MOTHER :cryingwlaughter: , but I know what I like. I don't like how his hair or his 'makeup' was applied for the parade but my feeling that way has absolutely nothing to do with me "worrying" about how he looks. I'm not worried about Clay at all, actually.

I just think that---as is true for everyone---some hairstyles are more attractive than others, and for me the one he's been wearing for the past couple of months isn't particularly flattering on him. For me, the flatness of the sides and the height of the spikes in front (leaving the large expanse of forehead bare) make his face seem really rectangular and long and detracts from the beauty of his cheekbones and naturally gorgeous facial structure. The dramatic, dark eyeliner---mainly on the lower lids---makes his eyes look smaller to me and makes it harder to see and appreciate the gorgeous green of his eyes , which is the opposite effect that I think eyeliner is supposed to have? I've never been a fan of eyeliner on women either, actually, so he'll never 'win' when he wears that particularly cosmetic flourish! ;)

There have been so many incarnations of Clay's look, so I'm not 'worried' at all that this particular one will be a defining one---any more than a past look that I like better has become his 'trademark' Clay Aiken look. The man has lots of surprises always: his hairstyle and overall 'look' are just among the grabbag of goodies---sometimes it's a winner; sometimes it's a dud!

Hmmm....."Clay's grab bag"...I like that idea.... :sleezy:

From the CV via the CH, second half report from toni7babe and Scarlett:

toni7babe and Scarlett called with report from 2nd half of FRIDAY’s matinee.

Playbiller is with them too, along with the earlier gang. I think I missed her in earlier report.

Here goes.

Second half of show was fabulous! Big wonderful good applause throughout. Great ovations.

Brother Maynard—delivered the lines differently. Sang Amen different from before—not up and down scale. Very good—sounded sweet and angelic, deeper voice.

Soiling pants not as exaggerated and drawn out. Knights of Ni—Rick’s thing was about baby poopy bottom.

Lots of high leg kicks tonight. Toward the end, dancing at the side, high kicked one leg twice and then switched back and forth—2 kicks, other leg 2 kicks and alternated back and forth. Nice hip thrust at the end.

OUTSTANDING voice tonight—especially great vocals.

Peasant a Clay fan. Seat D101. Clay didn’t try to shake hands. Peasant’s two sons sat next to Toni.

Finale--picked up confetti from floor, cupped both hands by his mouth and then blew.

Very end of show about ½ did standing ovation...fabulous applause and cheers throughout entire show. Looked like everybody was having fun on stage, looked gorgeous, lots of energy.

Some friends of Quiana’s were there. Jerome was overheard talking to them and asking about plans for dinner.

I told her about the top hat and ebay. Way cool.

They were standing at the stage door. Very cold and windy in Shubert Alley. No BroadwayCares. Playbiller had ordered some bracelets and a whole bunch of stuff and she was told to come to the stage door to pick it up after the show. Toni went with her. They went inside the stage door and could see a little bit behind there—boards, desk, TVs—that’s all she said; it wasn’t clear. They asked if there would be pictures tonight. The man who took the money told them, “No, we’re done with that.”

No Clay at stage door. Lady of the Lake came out, very nice. Signed autographs and posed for pictures. Very nice but not chatty like Hannah. Spent lots of time with them. They asked about BC and pictures. She said they weren’t doing any more pictures.

Irishbookgal and ClaysFayevorite went to 3 other shows this week and none of them did Broadway Cares—Equus, Pal Joey and Billy Elliot.

Off to dinner at Angus. AnAmeraikenInTX and terter and hubby are joining them. And if I left anyone out, I’m sorry.

They’re having a blast! Toni and Scarlett have front row seats tonight. They will call tonight too.

From CV:

Clay on ET Monday -- talking about Parker's surgery and showed the PEOPLE cover. He was wearing a dark/black sweater.

Kim

*crosses fingers and toes for the ET appearance* I think if ET is promoting it, it will probably happen this time. *also prays that no one famous has a baby or dies over the weekend*

You know...Clay's hair yesterday was funky. But...I can't believe this guy went out looking like this. And supposedly, he's HAWT. *shrug*

400_rpattinson_081110_sshugerman_8329220

I think Clay looked pretty darn good compared to this....

This was actually ET promo'ing it this time - not the assorted RockonTV and other listing services, so I feel pretty confident it will be on. It's straight from the horse's mouth*, so to speak.

Most of ET's stuff seems to come from the other end of the horse, but you know what I mean.... :imgtongue:

*crosses fingers and toes for the ET appearance* I think if ET is promoting it, it will probably happen this time. *also prays that no one famous has a baby or dies over the weekend*

You know...Clay's hair yesterday was funky. But...I can't believe this guy went out looking like this. And supposedly, he's HAWT. *shrug*

400_rpattinson_081110_sshugerman_8329220

I think Clay looked pretty darn good compared to this....

So do I! Unfortunately, Clay is not 1) 24 anymore, 2) the star of a beloved vampire romance novel, and 3) doesn't open his shirt like that. Although, personally, I think he should! :hubbahubba:

ldyj, I must admit the appeal of the Twilight dude escapes me. Seems to be he's trying to do the Johnny Depp scruffy / quirky thing, but he's not pulling it off too well. IMO, he always looks like he needs a shower and a shampoo. He's a perfect example of the "Different Strokes for Different Folks" rule, as I'm aware Twilight Dude has many fans. Just as others don't understand Clay's attraction, I don't get his.

Nah. Sell each piece separately. 'Cause I'd want either the vest or the tophat.

Of course, spooky would outbid me in about 0.2 seconds...

ldyj, someone's been listening to you. :)

ebay just added Clay's top hat to the auction

(and right now, it's going for $5. hee. right. like that will happen. lol)

Clay's top hat on Ebay is now at $2800.00....a little out of my price range!

$3050 now!

....and re the pictures..... :(:cry4: I knew I'd be the jinx. I'm Sooooooo disappointed!! :(