#44: We think we'll keep him!!!!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'll connect with this man in any way at any time.
    • He could sing me the Invisionfree terms of service agreement and I'd love it, so any new songs are obviously going to be coolness squared.
    • He owns us.
    • Just sing to me, pretty boy!

th_corn1a.gifHappy Thanksgiving, FCA!

Things to be thankful for:

The election is over.

Clay is out.

Parker is wonderful.

We're still here.

Couldn't have said that better, Wanda, although Sally says the run-off ads are something else in Georgia. Of course, that's only for a few weeks; and we swing states had "the works" for months. Not complaining, however, because I'm very happy with the results. :lol:

Loved Clay's interview during the parade. He was definitely a bright spot on Rosie's show.

The touchpad on this new laptop is driving me crazy. Within two days I ordered a laser mouse, LOL! I'm afraid to highlight because the page will jump back two spaces. I have copied/saved all the way through this post. Definitely looking forward to the mouse! :cryingwlaughter:

Handsome banner, cindilu2! :clap:

Have a very special weekend, all! :BlowKiss:

Caro

Happy Thanksgiving FCA!

Yeah, I'm late with that, but it's been a grueling day. Of course I'm not caught up, but is everyone doing well? Any good Clay news?

There's new Clack - from Rosie's show last night and the Macy Thanksgiving Day parade this morning. Clay and Spamalot are doing fund raising for Broadway Cares, which will include a chat on Saturday afternoon, so we should have recaps from that this week-end. Otherwise, mostly just Spam, Spam, Beans, and Spam.

I'm in lurve! :sm227: I can check email during the day, but no boards for me, so I just now got to see the parade clack. I absolutely love listening to him talk, most especially when he's happy - and that boy LOOKS HAPPY!

I am just so thrilled for him - enjoying his last weeks (I guess) in NYC and his first Thanksgiving and Christmas with his new family. I would love to hear his reflections on 2008 - so many changes for him! It's been a wild ride, and I loved (almost) every minute of it. I can't WAIT to see what 2009 brings him and us.

KAndre rolls (and I mean ROLLS) in, feeling fairly stuffed...

Can we control the bitchiness and attitude, some people? And people have the right to feel however they wanna feel. And nobody's needs to take any of anything personal. That's my law. Wanna argue your point? Send me a PM.

Yay Clay!

Lots of pics of Clay backstage at Rosie here:

http://www.filmmagic.com/ItemListing.aspx?...&navtyp=gls

Hee, various stages of costuming...... :cryingwlaughter:

Oh thank you! Those are great! The expression on Conan's face is priceless.

Lordy, and they talk about Clay's hair - Conehead's is... interesting.

That one of him with the black undershirt and Sir Robin wig - slurrrrrrrrrrrrp! :hubbahubba:

Scarlett here just saying *burp* What a great Thanksgiving dinner! I love it when Play's plans come through!

Also, I figured out today how to take gobs and gobs of gel-like substances on a plane -- put them in a pie crust. I took 2 pies from Houston to Newark on the plane and never got stopped. *winks*

Hope everyone had a Great Thanksgiving, including the cute guy in the v. warm jacket!!!

ETA: What an adorable bear, anna!

Clay's Thanksgiving Parade on CBS did not air in Houston. They had the nerve to show the local parade instead. Rats! If anybody captured it and can share, I would appreciate it. I hope it appears on CU soon. Thanks.
Ok, now I'm really thankful today!

Off to get Scarlett. And Clay is on, She won't mind if I am a little late, right?

Happy thanksgiving or what ever.

Though not for this. Clay took priority over me? *sniff* /jk -- like I wouldn't do the same!

:Iluvclaysbutt:

Lil' Drumstick's First Thanksgiving:

th_Thanks2008_1crop.jpg

This kid is cute!!

My favorite part of the Rosie appearance was the facial expressions and body movements. Who was it said there was a bit of Sir Robin in his gestures? Sorry I lost the quote, but you are so right. And someone else mentioned the faces. Ldyjocelyn I'm almost sure you are one of the people I'd quote if I still had that quote. Should I go look for it?? Hmmmm. Maybe so.

Yup, ldyj and FromClaygary:

I guess I had very little expectations on this show, because I really enjoyed it. Yes, there was a LOT going on, and yes, some of it wasn't funny. But that was the way of those variety shows from days gone by, especially (IMO) Ed Sullivan. I mean -- that show went from Topo Gigio, to The Beatles, and then to a ventriloquist. Not everyone liked everything on Ed's show either, but they always found something to talk about, and there was always at least one segment that each person enjoyed. I found Rosie's show to be approximately the same, but just with nerves for the first time. I also think she put so many people in this show to show her "star power," in order to get some ratings. I personally hope it worked. Besides, any show that has Conan getting a pie in his face, is good for me. (And shoot me, but I thought Kathy G. as Nancy Grace was rather funny....)

As for Clay's appearance -- well, first of all, I had to laugh at the text message thing, just from the history of this fandom. *g* I thought he looked really good in his Sir Robin outfit; I loved that he mentioned Parker; and the whole Gabriel Byrne joke made me laugh. His befuddled look when he was trying to remember what else he had in common with Rosie was pretty funny, IMO.

Oh, I loved that! Talk about shoo-ing the elephant in the room! :hysterical:

It was strange though....he was kind of Sir Aiken; not quite Sir Robin without the British accent....and not quite Clay, as he was mostly in character. Mannerisms were Sir Robin, speech and sense of humor were Sir Clay. :lol:

So yeah, I agree with them. I enjoyed it. But I also thought there was sucky stuff, a lot of things that I think could've been done better. I think she'll be given another opportunity. She demonstrated to TPTB that she can get an impressive roster of guests who with some good material could be very entertaining. Just the timing of this special indicates to me that they're looking for new options that can work in time slots where other things don't. They're seeking a family audience, maybe? But I think it'll be totally critiqued and revamped.

I love that a number of reviews expressed regret or commented that Clay didn't sing. People want to hear him sing. People that don't follow him as closely as we do--when they see him, they think, boy he can really sing, why isn't he singing? So bring back Rosie and lots of Clay. And let him sing. And do some jokes that are smart and sassy and current but still silly, do some skits.

I liked the "variety acts" quite a bit--Gravity and what was the other one? And the tap dance bits were cool. I'd like to see more dancing, good dancing.

I think they have to do some retooling, and I expect that they will, but I think she'll be given another opportunity. It felt almost like this was a first audition that just happened to be on live TV.

So, besides the Fake Patsy, I wonder if Spamalot sent along a Fake Shannon to help Clay with the Robin costume and wig.

Rosie6.jpg <= This looks like another of Clay's funky sweaters. I'd really like to see it better.

ETA: jmh, I think that kid is pretty cute, too. She's my great-niece, and the current center of my family's universe.

Nope, your first guess was right! The chicken/duck/turkey combo. Just a whole mess of meat, with all the fixin's. Our thanksgiving was in October, but some of the restaurants in the downtown area here do something special to commemorate the US thanksgiving holiday (because of all the football on TV, they get a lot of patrons if they have a big screen :cryingwlaughter: ).

Ooooh, someone needs to find a biggie size of those two pics, STAT!

So, is Spamlot on regular schedule for this weekend, or are there two shows today? Looking forward to some recaps....we haven't had any since Tuesday. I'm going into withdrawal. ;)

ETA: More pics, from the Rosie after-party:

http://www.filmmagic.com/ItemListing.aspx?...485&evntI=0

And this from raquelsg at CV (via CH) cracked me up:

Sorry if this was discussed/mentioned earlier -- but I didn't see it. Did anyone else but me google Jill Meister to see who she was? She was the CBS producer that Clay said hello to during the parade interview. Well, turns out she's none other than YELLOW SWEATER GIRL. Here's a link to her picture, and other info:

http://engage08.blogspot.com/2008/09/speak...eister-cbs.html

AND it said she was married recently--so I would bet it was her wedding that he sang "Something About Us" at the reception last spring. We knew it was a "friend's" wedding, and had to be in NY, since he performed at Spamlot that night--so my sense is that it was her wedding. Anyway, nice to know who she finally is, as we saw them together so often over the years.

Finally! :P

Ahhh, another Great Mystery solved! Hee, I loved his story about the airplane and meeting her - it's just SO Clay. Too bad she wasn't on the flight to Tulsa with him. :imgtongue:

In that latest batch of filmmagic photos, I LOVE the drawing of him. Neeeeeeeeds larger versions of these pics.

TGIF (hee, first time that's actually meant anything to me in a while!).

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We ate late with a friend and after I cleaned up from that meal my son came over for leftovers. Between him and our male cat there isn't much left of our 7 lb turkey breast.

Bottlecap, Lil Drumstick looks like a handful. Hope you had a great time with her.

Good Morning Everyone,

2 Days until Clay's Golden Birthday! :yahoo:

37 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

:cry:

59 Days until Golfing For Inclusion!:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Good morning , everyone.

Hope all our American friends had a lovely Thanksgiving. I think I gained a few lbs. just reading the recaps!

Love seeing all these wonderful after-party and parade interview pics of our boyfriend....and Yay for someone solving the Yellow Sweater Girl mystery!

For those of you who posted advice about my faulty Roxio CD maker program, I thank you. I went into Staples yesterday and talked to one of the young techies in there. He advised me to make sure my CD burner was OK before I replaced my Roxio software, which is not returnable. Recommended that I burn a CD using Windows or iTunes (both of which are already in my computer....WHO KNEW???) I thought the burner was the Roxio equipment, didn't realize they were two separate entities! D101!

So, I came home and successfully burned a CD using the Windows Media Player. Whew!...at least, it's not the burner!

I've also (so far) transferred 10 gb of Clay stuff onto my new external harddrive, thereby freeing up the same amount of space on my computer!

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks!?! :hysterical:

Next lesson, setting up our new Kodak EasyShare M1033 to transfer the photos to my computer. (Took us a whole afternoon to figure out how to set the date on the darn thing, but everything else has been easy!)

Happy day after Thanksgiving -- hope everyone is having a great day shopping! LOL. Not me though, maybe later today.

Mom was doing OK yesterday, and we had a good time with her. She was pretty good about the news of me going to NYC in December. YAY!

MUAH to jmh for quoting me last night. The Rosie appearance was an interesting mix of Clay Aiken and Sir Robin, rolled into one, and I personally loved it.

The parade clip is quite good, and I would have loved to see the sweater he was wearing! At least we know he still has the puffy marshmallow coat. Hee. The story of meeting Sweater Girl was hilarious, and I simply loved him talking about Parker and the meaning that he's added to his life. The makeup threw me a bit, but whatever. It's his personality, ya'll. I'll take that any day.

bottlecap, what a cute great-niece! I'd post pictures of all my grand nieces and nephews (that's what my husband says is really the correct term, grand...), but it would take days. 13 altogether!

Claymatron, I'm glad everything worked out for you, and that you found a good tech at the store who had some patience with you. Sometimes those pesky kids look at your rather exasperated when you can't figure out exactly it is you need!