#44: We think we'll keep him!!!!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'll connect with this man in any way at any time.
    • He could sing me the Invisionfree terms of service agreement and I'd love it, so any new songs are obviously going to be coolness squared.
    • He owns us.
    • Just sing to me, pretty boy!

A recap of this afternoon's show from canuck at CV:

NO STAGE DOOR - GALE FORCE WINDS!!

Awesome show!!! Great responsive audience! Men everywhere, belly laughing! Everyone into it.

Awesome peasant - best ever!!! He said "I love you, Clay" and shook his hand. It was so adorable and he was chatty on stage and the whole audience was eating it up - hug applause.

No thrust but cute anyway with a couple of mini-salutes. Gorgeous smiles, animated, sparkly, happy, showed his mismatched stripey socks.

Knight who say "Ni" used the guy from the Giants who shot himself in his schtick and the audience was cracking up. Rick announced the score during that scene between the Giants and Philadelphia, and then again as the Tim the Enchanter (Philly was kicking butt and Rick was happy and said he was origially from Philly.

Matthew Crowle was playing Tom's part and was awesome. Funny and super dancer. (Someone said that they were told by someone - obviously ironclad truth - that Tom was auditioning somewhere and wouldn't be back, maybe. I love these rumours. No idea if it's true. Plus they said that either Tom or Rick was going to be auditioning for something in LA. (I think the inside info - obviously ironclad - came from an usher.) I would expect though, that they are all actively searching out new roles due to the closing of the show.

No singing of Amen.

Just an amazing fabulous show.

One small aside about how this show affects the brain. I was walking alone down 5th Avenue on Friday morning and a man swooshed past me pulling a dolly. Upon the dolly rested a "SHRUBBERY!!" I started to giggle and hoped no one was watching me. They'd have carted me away!!!

:cryingwlaughter: Well, I simply meant as in dating; actually having a boyfriend...that just makes it a little to real for some, in my opinion.

Kim

Aikim, honest to goodness that doesn't bother me. It is just that a few pictures doesn't always a romance make. ( I really do speak English believe it or not):cryingwlaughter:

I just want Clay to decide when it is official. I have always felt squeamish about the investigating that is done on the boards. I'm not into gossip. I try not to say anything negative about Clay and I try not to angst, albeit unsuccessfully sometimes.

When he is ready to announce that he has found true love, I'll be among the first to congratulate him. Right now he appears to be working on his image as a good daddy. So I'll support that. When he is ready to show himself as a good mate with whomever, I'll be right there to support him.

Bottlecap, thanks for clearing up my mess. There's always a first time.

Bwah jamar, you got me on that one. :smartass:

I'm with AIkim, I plan to do the same amount of speculation as I always did. Don't think I was invasive or anything. I only ever shipped him with Kim and Ang and Hannah and when I say ship I don't mean I believed something was actually going on. Just let my imagination run wild and have some fun. I never investigated anyone or tried to dig for info. And I won't now. I'm actually kinda excited about this but not invested in anyway. Same as always, just want the boy to be happy. I also agree with Kim that I'll be glad when the reality that Clay is dating and in a relationship happens. I think that would actually have a two fold effect on this fandom that might help clear some air :cryingwlaughter:

FCA (otherwise known as Bitches of the World United).

And just when I was wondering if I still fit in here... With this, obviously I do! :cryingwlaughter:

As for the shipping...... Just think back to all the "evidence" presented that he was dating Kristy, Kelly, Jaymes, Yellow Sweater Girl, Hannah etc., etc., etc. - and we all know how that turned out! All we know is Clay knows this Reed guy. No more, no less. (tm Brother Maynard)

Although this guy Reed is very cute and they would probably make a very cute couple..... :whistling-1:

Those cloopy pictures are GORGEOUS!!

I haven't turned on my computer since Thursday. Don't know what I have been doing but apparently I have been very busy! Yesterday was my mother's 90th birthday and my brother and I took her out to dinner at a very fancy, schmantzy restaurant (re: expensive!). Probably the only time I will go there until maybe her 100th birthday! Maybe by then I'll have paid off my half!

HeidiHo....evidently, on Reed's own MySpace, he says he has a 'sweet boyfriend', so I think it's safe to assume he's gay. :P Whether he and Clay are anything more than friends is their business, of course. However, I am definitely in the camp of those who can enjoy the visuals of further speculation. :whistling-1:

Yeah, that paragraph break I put in there was to indicate that I wasn’t specifically talking about Reed in terms of assumptions. Paragraphs are good (lookin’ at you KAndre). <g> As for the visuals – did I ever mention that I used to write slash fic?? <eg>

As for shipping – I don’t actually have a problem with it until it becomes “fact” or it is clear that people are too invested in it (gay or straight – see John and Kelly) or that people start investigating for “evidence”. That’s just gross no matter who is involved. Luckily, that doesn’t seem to happen here.

It HAS occurred to me that the sudden increase in absences by Tom (and Rick?) could mean that they were auditioning for other parts. I don’t find that out of the realm.

I'm with AIkim, I plan to do the same amount of speculation as I always did. Don't think I was invasive or anything. I only ever shipped him with Kim and Ang and Hannah and when I say ship I don't mean I believed something was actually going on. Just let my imagination run wild and have some fun. I never investigated anyone or tried to dig for info. And I won't now. I'm actually kinda excited about this but not invested in anyway. Same as always, just want the boy to be happy. I also agree with Kim that I'll be glad when the reality that Clay is dating and in a relationship happens. I think that would actually have a two fold effect on this fandom that might help clear some air :cryingwlaughter:

Eh, who cares about those people! A boy that fine deserves to get laid. Period. <g> If it has the effect of waking some people up, well, that’s just a pleasant side effect. <g>

Fear I wasn't talking about you or anyone on this board; just my impressions from what I have read elsewhere...sorry if I gave you that impression.

I just think there has been a definite shift in how some fans relate to Clay and any potential love interest since he came out. For example: I remember when that picture of Hannah and Clay surfaced and all the speculation that ensued and some of it was pretty intrusive in my opinion...I read posts speculating on what they were doing before the picture was taken...everything from kissing to more intimate endeavors and yet no one had an issue with his privacy. But take that same picture and insert Reed's face instead of Hannah's and you have a whole other issue. I don't think you would see the same kind of speculation from some and I imagine some would rather the picture not be posted.

That is what bothered me last night; the minute the pictures of Reed and Clay surfaced; there was an immediate cry of "invasion of privacy" and "we need to respect Clay's privacy" and "fans shouldn't be posting those pictures". Where was all this outrage months ago when the Hannah/Clay picture was posted? Or any other picture of Clay and a woman?

I just think there is more going on than just concerns about Clay's privacy and it just comes across as a double standard to me.

Kim

BWAH! aikim...

It seems like some are okay with Clay being gay as long as they don't have to see him being gay.

Ain't that the truth! This made me think of someone on OFC who posted when THE NEWS! was REVEALED! and the THREAD! took off...People were talking about gay and not gay, sin or not sin, Bible damning him to hell or not, etc. And someone posted:

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!I know now he is gay....but hopefully not with another man. That's one gay side of life I resented...A MAN WITH A MAN and I do not want a child to be raised by two men.

He already found the love of his life.....JAYMES AND PARKER and that's the end of the story.

:huh:

:blink:

:wacko:

:ruserious: :bigemo_harabe_net-24:

:believeitornot:

I'm with couchie---I'm gonna enjoy myself speculatin', oh yes, I am! :hubbahubba: I had a good ole' time thinking about him and Tyra or Hannah or Angela when I was assuming he was straight....and now that I know he's gay, I'm gonna have myself a good ole' time thinking about him with any HAWT guy he hangs (heh) around...

just 'coss

I wasn't hurting anybody when it was a woman with him in imagination and I won't be hurting anybody when it's a cute/hawt/interesting man instead....

As a matter of fact, could you excuse me? I need a to take a moment. :whistling-1:

And HeidiHo, I did NOT know that about you---your past writing hobby. hmmmm..... :whistling-1:

That is what bothered me last night; the minute the pictures of Reed and Clay surfaced; there was an immediate cry of "invasion of privacy" and "we need to respect Clay's privacy" and "fans shouldn't be posting those pictures". Where was all this outrage months ago when the Hannah/Clay picture was posted? Or any other picture of Clay and a woman?

I just think there is more going on than just concerns about Clay's privacy and it just comes across as a double standard to me.

If you are referring to me with that statement because I posted, last night, I would like him to have a private life, I would just like to clarify that I have never shipped and I've always thought Clay should have his privacy! I highly resent the implication that it is because he is gay I don't want to see pictures etc!

A couple of year's ago I waited for Clay after a show and there was no busline. When he came out I just didn't like how I felt about seeing him in his "off" time. From that point on I only wanted to see things that were really meant for public consumption and I will take whatever he chooses to share with us. It makes not one difference to me who he is pictured with.

Muski I remember that post...just about fell off my chair! :cryingwlaughter:

Kim

If you are referring to me with that statement because I posted, last night, I would like him to have a private life, I would just like to clarify that I have never shipped and I've always thought Clay should have his privacy! I highly resent the implication that it is because he is gay I don't want to see pictures etc!

A couple of year's ago I waited for Clay after a show and there was no busline. When he came out I just didn't like how I felt about seeing him in his "off" time. From that point on I only wanted to see things that were really meant for public consumption and I will take whatever he chooses to share with us. It makes not one difference to me who he is pictured with.

Nope, wasn't referring to you...I said before, I wasn't referencing anything that was said here.

Kim

Now THIS is a smile!!!

Clay_at_stage_doori.jpg

*right click and save*

Sigh. I love my happy Clay.

CG, if we had posty-mcpostho's, we would have had the thread title first. But noooooo! We actually had to have lives and such. *g*

Thanks I appreciate that Kim.

Your welcome and I actually agree with you; Clay does deserve his privacy, but I think as a celebrity that probably isn't going to happen and there are always going to be fans trying to ferret out as much info as they can.

Kim

hee well you can't tell it from this weekend but I've fallen down on my postho duties... so..who said that because they probably said it on both boards :hysterical:

Uh....you mean, who said "He owns us?" Uh...Clay said it, during the ET interview. In his case, the "he" is Parker. Hence, the possibility of thread titles shared by boards....

And I'm making up for not being a postho earlier! Off to watch Amazing Race!

aikim, I know what you are talking about, and no, I don't think the description fits anyone here, either. But there are some still kicking around the fandom who have difficulty with the thought of Clay being with a man, even though he has stated he's gay. I think it's sad, but I agree with Heidi, I won't be sorry when they eventually leave.

Soooooooo.......shipping, not something I try to do too much of, but I have no problem with fanfic of either persuasion, since it's fiction. Speaking of which, does anyone know if CV has made a decision in that regard yet? I'll have to go over and check the thread. I sure hope they make the right decision (and by that I mean no double standards). What was good for straight fic should be good for gay fic too. So where ya hiding that slash fic of yours, Heidi? *g*

ETA: God, I love that smiley, happy man! :wub: 4 more days until I see him in the flesh. :hubbahubba:

aikim, sorry your kitty is having issues. If it were me, I'd ask the vet about a mild sedative to give Cinnamon during her convalescence. She's a young, active cat, so I don't blame her for being cranky. :) Whatever you have to do to help her to heal, just remember that even if she doesn't like being confined and complains about it, you're trying to help her and the restraints are temporary.

I know what we are doing is best for her; I just hope she doesn't think she is being punished or a bad kitty...she actually appears to be doing quite well...has been laying down most of the day. She did jump up on my bathroom counter, but I think she has figured out that jumping hurts her leg and only did it once.

2 months seems like a long time, but I know it is what needs to be done.

Kim

Aww...poor fuzzy baby. I re-read what I wrote and believe it came across wrong. I meant to comfort any guilt feelings you might be having, listening to her fuss and enduring those resentful looks, not come across as 'the enforcer'. lol

Clay_at_stage_doori.jpg

Aw, happy, happy, happy, smiley happy Clay! Love. :)

I can't say that I am one who does a whole lot of outside research on Clay, since I'd rather other people bring it to me. I figure if it's worth reading, it will be brought to one of the boards for me to read, and if its trash, I don't want to know about it anyway. However, I did check out Reed Kelly. Not sure why other than it makes me all tingly and stuff. Like I said last night, none of the women that he was shipped with seemed right to me. Of course, I didn't really see anything between him and some of the other guys around him either. Not that I didn't fantasize cuz I'm like Muski in that. I enjoy a good fantasy about 2 good looking people, and sometimes 3 too, cuz you know, I'm just like that. I aint getting any so I may as well have some fun.

Now back to this new guy. I can actually see him and Clay as a couple, especially after reading that interview wandacleo brought over. They seem perfect for each other, and if he's part of the reason that Clay is so happy, then I am happy.

As far as the privacy thing, I do remember people bringing up the issue of privacy even when it was about shipping with women. Now how many of those bringing it up now that also brought it up before, I have no idea. I have a hard enough time keeping up with those posters who almost always piss me off, so I wouldn't even attempt to figure out who has flip-flopped.

I have no problem with shipping as long as it's not "gospel." Reed speculation seems more real to me than any of the previous versions. They're both tall, talented, and gorgeous. Perfect couple.

And CUTE.

Olsee I didn't take it that way at all :thbighug-1:

Luckiest1 I haven't heard if a decision has made; there haven't been any announcements on the board.

Kim