#44: We think we'll keep him!!!!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'll connect with this man in any way at any time.
    • He could sing me the Invisionfree terms of service agreement and I'd love it, so any new songs are obviously going to be coolness squared.
    • He owns us.
    • Just sing to me, pretty boy!

which person's Canuck?

great SD video, BTW.....

Canuck is in the bottom left corner. You see her a few times before she has her picture taken with Clay at 2:25 on the video.

Rosa surprised me with a calendar today. One of my violin mothers brought in my mail and put it on the end of the grand piano. I was rehearsing with five overlapping students and didn't see the mail until the end of lessons at 5:30. It really is very special, professionally done, and, for me, a complete surprise. :imgtongue:

Caro listen.gif

Thanks for the link to the stage door video. It cracks me up how I'll be watching just about any video of Clay, and then I suddenly notice that I have that silly grin on my face. Heeeeee! He makes me happy.

Me too! I've been I've been thinking about him all day because I was at our other office building where people just play iPods the entire time and I had my Clay Christmas Songs playlist on endless repeat. *i need a silly grin emoticon*

:Iluvclaysbutt:

Crikey...the board is slow today.

For those of you who are able to get Seattle PBS, David Foster and Friends is on at 830 PST.

I saw some of the show the first time around; enough to see Josh Groban singing Bridge Over Troubled Waters. I just could not watch the whole performance of that song because it is so associated with Clay for me that I have difficulty seeing any one else singing it.

Also, I want Clay to be up on that stage singing.

Do any of you have similar reactions to people other than Clay who are singing songs that he has sung and you have come to love? Or am I just weird?

Carolina Thanks for the link to your blog and that video.

I'm with you on both points. The board sure is slow today and hate hearing other people singing songs that I associate with Clay. Admittedly part of that is jealousy because I keep thinking, "Why are they able to get airtime for their singing and Clay can't?" So I, quite unreasonably, want to smack them.

And I'm going to be at Spamalot at the same time as Kareneh and luckiest. I'll be at next Saturday's matinee and if I can talk my friend into it, we'll stay for the evening show. Hopefully I will be rid of this stinking bug that I've had all week. Hope to see both of you there. My pic with Clay is in the members only area so you can recognize me.

Do any of you have similar reactions to people other than Clay who are singing songs that he has sung and you have come to love? Or am I just weird?
If you're sitting in the 'weird' bleachers, move on over, honey!

Case in point: I really like Seal's voice. So I was kinda excited to hear about his newest CD entitled "Soul", a bunch of 'covers' of old R&B, soul tunes. So in Virgin Megastore in San Francisco yesterday I listened to some of the songs...well, more correctly, I attempted to listen to any ONE song all the way through.

Here's the problem: his voice is good and at times it's actually great. (imo) but I kept running into one of a few problems--

1. The song just didn't do it for me. Maybe the song itself is not one that I really NEED to hear again done by someone other than the original artist.

2. Seal sounded just fine. But he didn't MOVE me. The voice didn't touch me. I listened, feeling quite detached from the experience.

3. The song was SO associated with the original artist that I doubt anyone else(maybe even CLAY!) could/should do it. I probably didn't give Seal a chance because the melody immediately had me hearing the original vocalist.

The one that really brought all this home to me was Seal's version of If You Don't Know Me By Now. I really did try to listen to the whole song, but gave up. In that case, it was CLAY'S voice, not the original artists, that I was hearing...or wishing I was hearing. And once I had Clay's voice in 'my head', I could only contrast how comparatively little soul Seal's voice seemed to express.

So....after all that :wordpooper: , let me succinctly answer your two questions by saying.

Yes.

No.

:lilredani:

Are anyone else's local radio stations doing nonstop Christmas carols or even just some-stop Christmas carols? I despise the radio, but I'm afraid of 'not hearing' my Clay anymore... (You know, how your mind wanders during a song and you realize you've listened to the whole thing without hearing it? Yeah, I do that.)

Anyway, is Dolly Parton and somebody's duet version of "A Christmas to Remember" really popular for any of y'all? Because I heard it three times in the space of two hours. Not that it's a bad song, in my opinion, but that's a little much.

What is awesome, however, was that I heard Clay's "Mary, Did You Know" while I was driving. :yess: My radio stations do not play nearly enough Clay--but I was listening in the hopes that Christmastime would bring him out.

Also, about the not being able to listen to other stuff--DEFINITELY! I have a primacy thing, I think, and like whatever I hear first. So I like Clay's "SSTBTHW" more than Sir Elton's.

What? Did no one enjoy the Doghouse?

And another OT item which I couldn't resist posting Smile in the Sky

This photo taken Monday night at Brisbane shows the moon, Venus and Jupiter forming a smiley face. The website where I found it is the Astronomy Picture of the Day.

Lotus - I enjoyed the Doghouse!!! That was really good - it reminds me of some of the times I wanted to put mrchach in there!!!

Loved the Smile in the sky photo too!! It's my new desktop - thanks!!!

Was it taken on the other side of the world???

Cause I got a frownie face!!

frownieface.jpg

and while I'm posting pictures -- here's a pic of our Thanksgiving Dinner....

:lilredani::):lilredani::):lilredani::):lilredani::):lilredani:

thanks_family.jpg

More Clay-related?????

Well OK.................

claygala3.gif

steps.jpg

SD120308.jpg

:BlowKiss: :blowkiss: :BlowKiss: :blowkiss: :BlowKiss:

Once Clay sings a song, I don't ever want to hear it again by any other artist.....usually not even the original (ok, maybe if a Beatle was involved ;) ).

Are anyone else's local radio stations doing nonstop Christmas carols or even just some-stop Christmas carols? I despise the radio, but I'm afraid of 'not hearing' my Clay anymore... (You know, how your mind wanders during a song and you realize you've listened to the whole thing without hearing it? Yeah, I do that.)

Anyway, is Dolly Parton and somebody's duet version of "A Christmas to Remember" really popular for any of y'all? Because I heard it three times in the space of two hours. Not that it's a bad song, in my opinion, but that's a little much.

What is awesome, however, was that I heard Clay's "Mary, Did You Know" while I was driving. :yess: My radio stations do not play nearly enough Clay--but I was listening in the hopes that Christmastime would bring him out.

I only listen to the radio on the way to & from work (and if they are playing sucky songs, I pop a Clay cd in instead). Yesterday I heard a duet but it was one of the ones from the new Elvis Christmas duets CD. I think the only you are referring to is by Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers. I have yet to hear Clay but from what I've heard, OHN is getting a lot of airplay this year (and rightly so!) For many, many years OHN has been my favourite Christmas song, but I had searched high and low to find a great version of it. Was still searching until Clay came along. :)

Off to find Spam recaps........

From Canuck at CV:

So. Tonight's show.

FANTASTIC!!!! HUGE crowd. If not sold out, sure was close to it and lots of energy, mostly Monty fans but more Clay fans than last night by a tich! Everyone was so "ON". They were getting great feedback from the crowd and they responded in spades. Clay was freaing adorable! He really is doing the part quite differently than last Spring. He goes from a bit silly to full on sexy instantly and it is so fun to watch. His dancing is to die for. GAH!!!

I love the King to bits. He is downright hysterical in the part.

Oh. one aside. My night didn't start out too auspiciously. When my g/f gave away sold the extra three tickets on ebay, I had to email them to the buyers. That was difficult because when you buy a set of tickets, they're linked together so I had to separate the three from mine. Simple???? NO!! But I worked on it and managed to do it by scanning the ones I had printed out and emailing the scans. That was good. Well. When I get to the theater my ticket shows that the bar code is nil and void and the ticket no good. YIKES!!! He sent me to the ticket wicket and it was a good thing I went fairly early because what a mess to get in. They had to get the manager. Turns out that the fellow that bought them wanted actual tickets so he went to the box office and they brought them up in the computer which made all four come up. UH OH. Luckily they were honest and only used three of them but when you reprint your ticket, it makes the original print void. OMG,.

Anyway alls well that ends well and I sat with these people - talked to the young man beside me who was a musical theater student from NY, really nice guy, and he told me what had happened.

I loved every minute of the show and there was a mostly standing "O" at the end and our b/f seemed in really great spirits.

Stage Door was lots of fun. He came out very soon after the show. I didn't get too many pictures because a woman asked me to take her picture so I had to put my camera down but she was so nice and I had to return the favour I was granted last night. Her picture turned out awesome.

One young girl pulled away after Clay went back in and was talking on her cell and started screaming "I MET HIM , I GOT MY PICTURE TAKEN WITH HIM" She was almost hysterical. It was soooooooooooooooo cute. I talked to her mother and she said her daughter had been waiting almost six years to finally meet him. It was so adorable! She showed me her picture and WOW - she was just shaking and it was so fantastic a photo. It made me smile to see how he can still thrill someone so very, very much. I wondered if he had any idea of what that encounter meant to her. Her mom was so excited for her daughter.

Tom was still out but I have to say that Michael O'Donnell did a really great job in the role. He truly made me smile a lot. Just the whole cast was amazing and I think they really enjoyed tonight.

He had awesome hair again, a striped black, gray and whitish sweater under his black puffy jacket and verra, verra nice jeans.

I'm so excited to meet up with Brightstar tomorrow. EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I love him. I really, really do.

From CH:

Stagedoor video from tonight:

that stagedoor video is so funny, he was really chatty and snarky today...clayphan said she was waiting for her pass to, and he said "for what" and she said "for spam" or whatever, and he said "well wait in one hand...." have you ever heard that expression? actually its "wish in one hand crap in the other and see which one weighs more" (only the actual expression doesnt use crap) and then after that someone asked him to sign a menu and asked him if he recognized the resteraunt and he said "you mean the one you stalked me at"

he makes me laugh..

This photo taken Monday night at Brisbane shows the moon, Venus and Jupiter forming a smiley face. The website where I found it is the Astronomy Picture of the Day.

Oh, yes, sweetie, I'm sorry. I enjoyed the doghouse video VERY much...even forwarded it to a couple of people this morning...but last night, when I saw it, I was too tired to post and thank you. Sowwy. Keep 'em comin'. That one made me laugh.

The astronomy picture is adorable. I always imagine the Cheshire Cat smile when I see a thumbnail moon, but having the two 'eyes' sure adds to that. :)

As for the "scoobie doobie dooba" song the other day? I'm laughing my head off because at that moment, I was really just typing the first nonsense that popped into my head. So any resemblance to a real song was coincidental on my part and, therefore, hilarious. :) And when I'm famous, you all can come visit me on the set of my show! I think my opening monologue should end with me shouting "Good Morning, Starshine!" followed by the audience cheering. hee...I'm having fun with this fantasy, leave me alone! :) heh

Lotus - I enjoyed the Doghouse!!! That was really good - it reminds me of some of the times I wanted to put mrchach in there!!!

Loved the Smile in the sky photo too!! It's my new desktop - thanks!!!

Was it taken on the other side of the world???

Cause I got a frownie face!!

Ooh Ooh pick me pick me! ( she says waving hand in the air)

Yes this was taken on the other side of the world. My side in fact ! I am close to Brisbane. My son dragged us out to the driveway the other night to view this apparently fairly rare phenomenon. He did mention that the northern hemisphere would see it as a sad face. See, TV is good for the littleuns!

The weather outside is frightful....oh wait I lied*g* IYKWIMAITYD

:cryingwlaughter: sure do!

Wheeeeeee! Got in the car to work this morning, turned on the radio, just in time to hear the first strains of Silver Bells start. It sounded right, but I was still sure some other voice would come on......but YAY! It was Claaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!! :dancingpickle:

Good Morning Everyone,

Clay is looking especially yummy in the stage door pics and videos the last two days; I love his hair when it is just natural; no product, no spikes and it seems to be getting longer which is all good in my opinion...and did I mention sideburns? Always have loved sideburns on him, even the "too long and need grooming" ones during the Atlanta audition.

Don't listen to the radio in my car, just my Clay CD's...of course, when hubby is driving my car become a "No Clay" zone so then I listen to the radio, but so far no Clay.

The cat is sleeping in the dog's bed right now; the dog never sleeps in his bed; he'll wrestle with it now and then...but still, if he comes out and sees her in it; he has a fit...barking and carrying on and looking at me all offended...like "why don't you make her move"...too funny.

30 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot!

:cry:

52 Days until Golfing For Inclusion!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Lotus... Doghouse = very funny! Smile in the Sky = AWESOME! Thanks, I'm going to be sharing both.

Aikim... That story about your dog is just so typical... I don't want it, but you sure can't have it! BWAH!

SD... Y.U.M. to the max!!!

Happy Friday!!!

My husband has been in the doghouse a few times. But he didn't have to buy me jewelry to get out, though. Very cute Lotus!

Since, I'm going to be gone for the next 24 hours or so (visiting family -- although I will be at a hotel tonight, with wireless!), I'm putting the thread title poll at the top of the page! Why? Because as soon as I leave, I know Clay will blog, or do something cute, and the next thing we know, it will be at page 85! LOL

So...vote for thread title! One of the options will probably have to be shortened if it wins...

Totally OT...scroll at will! :)

You know...learning never stops. Yesterday, after almost two weeks of detiailed work on my part questioning, investigating and pursuing facts to prove that a hotel grossly overcharged our organization, I finally got the hotel to correct the total---

to the tune of saving our organization $49,000!

During the various calls and emails and online searches of laws and contractual language, etc., I never once hesitated to ask hard questions of seasoned professionals, ask for proof of their numbers, etc.

Yet.

Yesterday I cheated MYSELF out of money by NOT being as diligent about confirming someone's claims. I bought an iPod from craigslist for Carrie. I believed what the poster had written. I met him when and where he asked me to. (public BART station) And when I saw the iPod, I immediately had a feeling that the guy wasn't telling the truth about it (according to his ad). I asked some questions, but the whole time I was looking it over and asking questions, I felt...

embarrassed that I was questioning him.

It's so freakin' bizarre. I was actually conscious that my questions might make it seem that I thought he was a con artist. EVEN THOUGH I just KNEW the iPod was NOT in the condition that he said it was (how old it was, etc.) Even though he said he had no receipt. Even though...

I hooked up my headphones, listened, gave him the money and went on my way.

Feeling bad about it the whole time. Knowing that I'd 'been had' the whole time. But I hadn't just said, "You know, this doesn't feel right to me. I don't think this iPod is as new as you claim. I thought it was going to be a different color--at least from the ad you placed. The price isn't all that much different from a refurbished price from the Apple store." All those things were true, yet I bought the damned thing anyway. I just entered the serial number online and yep...there is no warranty info, which means it's at least a year old---certainly much older than this asshole claimed.

So I called the number (there was no email) and got an electronic message saying that the number had not yet set up a message box. Which most likely means this was a pay and go cell phone. And this joker is long gone. And yes...I have an functioning iPod for Carrie for Christmas. But it's not the color she wanted and it looks kind of beat up.

I'm so pissed at myself. The kid said he needed the money for college textbooks.

right.

What a sap I am. Caveat emptor, indeed. How ironic that I would be so very diligent in making sure my company isn't duped but that I so easily allowed myself to be. I'm sure that phenomenon is worth at least a few thousand dollars of counseling, don't you?

God.

ETA: interesting. I just got a call back from the guy of Ipod infamy. He saw my number as having called earlier. I told him what I thought was his part in misrepresenting himself and the iPod and said I'd lke to meet him again to exchange goods--I'll give him back the iPod and he'll give me back the money. He said he'll call his friend (who evidently passed this on to him) and call me back.

yeah. right. If by some stretch of imagination or faith in humankind, he DOES agree to meet with me to exchange, I think I'll take my hubby with me. :whistling-1:

WHOA! ldyjocelyn! You posted some of my very favorite pictures of Clay! :BlowKiss:

I absolutely ADORE the one of him in Somalia...all the kids look so full of excitement and joy and that laugh/smile on Clay's face is pure, unadulterated happiness! :wub:

(and the white pants ain't too shabby, either... :sleezy:)

My hubby showed me the doghouse clip a few days ago. He laughed hysterically about it, and was quite eager to show it to me so I could laugh, too. We went to the doghouse website, and the comments there are pretty funny, too. People either loved it or hated it, and there's quite the argument going about it. Heeeee. Some people took it rilllly seriously, and were mad about reverse discrimination, or painting women as bitches, etc. etc. One woman said she was going to show it to all of her friends so that they, too, would boycott JC Penny! No matter, we thought it was funny!

Incidentally, my hubby had already bought and given me diamond earrings for Christmas, and was very proud of himself when he showed me the doghouse clip!!!

Good luck with the ipod mess, muski! And CONGRATS on saving your company so much mooolah!!