#44: We think we'll keep him!!!!

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• I'll connect with this man in any way at any time.
    • He could sing me the Invisionfree terms of service agreement and I'd love it, so any new songs are obviously going to be coolness squared.
    • He owns us.
    • Just sing to me, pretty boy!

Love all the pics! :wub:

Some spam recaps from CB via CH, from last night's show:

From tugger @ OFC:

Intermission Report from BFS!

Not sold out, but almost!!!

mostly NJU.....very reactive

Tom still out

cast high energy

Clay is fab...getting nice laughs on all his lines....

more after the show!

ETA: small report about SD after matinee....

Clay was very accomodating with pics. She took several pics for people. Also got some ok shots. Had his hood up so profile shots verra hard!

From Tugger at OFC

recap from BFS!!!

Okay the notebook is out....

perfected the snotty silly king look in the guard scene

he didn't sing song *anyway* during the tower scene

crowd loved the coconut scene

peering through the triangle during the dead scene

poked not dead fred

Mrs. Galahad did an extra butt shimmy

david very emotive tonight

i am king...patsy was pointing to the king

Clay very grabby tonight....tried to grab vegas girl's butt

peered up one of the girls skirts and tried to pinch her butt

Lance grabbed Clay by the hand during Spam, Spam lovely Spam...much like a child

And a couple from Friday night's show, from CV via CH:

This is Canuck on my computer signed in as Brightstar who's in the shower but was logged in so she could read her pM's and now I'm back on.

Hi guys! Sorry we didn't get any kind of recap in last night. It wasn't because of bad behaviour - the stupid internet went down for maintenance shortly after we got back from Juniors and a tiny bit o chit chat with Susand, Clayanne, Love Of My Life and Poison Ivy.

Show was out of this world wonderful. Clay is out of this world, comfortable in the role. Just wow for everyone. You heard the thrust move was on display so there's really nothing more that needs to be said.

Oh - except that Bright looked over at the King at that moment and missed it! She's really pissed.

It had to be a sell out or as close as you can get to one without being so. HUGE turnout and they were a lovin it. Major Monty group - very few fans but the ones there were sluring him up. He got great applause at the end and there was a standin "O" at the end.

He looked verra, verra happy up there on the stage.

He did Stage door again, which was such a treat.

A group of teens were over by the main doors to the theater and when they saw that he was out, signing autographs, they came running and yelling "IT's Clay Aiken" - very cute.

Brightstar here. What a fabulous show! I last saw it in April, and with the new actors and the change ups Clay has made, it was really pretty different. I loved it! Clay was just sooo relaxed and sure in his role, and his nuances and facial expressions were so funny. The interactions with the girls was hilarious to watch--I love Robin as a lech!

He did a cute sing-song thing --I believe it was at the end of his Broadway speech to the king. And he got a lot of applause for YWSlB right before he sat down at the piano--so much that he did a little "cut" gesture right before he sat down. So cute!

Being on the front row (EEEE!), I tried so hard not to seem an over-the-top fan-- or NOTT (not over the top) as I'm calling it. I forced myself to look at the other actors now and then so as to seem relatively normal. Avoiding lists and eye rolls and stuff like that.

Big mistake. NOTT fans miss too much! I can't believe I missed THE THRUST. Today, I'm playing the roll of an OTT fan, so as not to miss anything. (Though in this afternoon's seat, if he thrusts and I'm not looking, it's likely to hit me in the face).

Love Merle--enjoyed her much more than I thought I might, and the king makes me laugh with his expressions and body language.

Having a fabulous time with canuck and everyone. Can't wait to see what today brings!

And one from yesterday's matinee, from CV via CH:

Hi all! Just saw Spamalot again, from seat A1. Now known as the THRUST VIEW seat.

Loved the show, Clay sparkled, and he sang the amen! It was a short but beautiful amen--the first sung one I've heard. So I was thrilled. And the show was sold out!

Since I missed the thrust last night, I was determined not to miss it today. And suffice it to say, I didn't miss it. A great thrust, I smiled a huge smile, and turned to see canuck, across the theatre in A2, laughing at me and giving a thumbs-up. Yeah, it was worth the wait....

Lots of men, great audience response, tons and tons of laughter.

Clay got a good swat on the butt from the torch bearer, he looked up skirts, and joyfully chased the women. As the guard, he didn't play with the ribbons, but he was still especially funny to me. The audience loved YWSOB, Lance's coming out scene, and really most everything. I think the performers had a great time since they got a great response.

Clay's facial expressions just seem to be getting better and better, and funnier and funnier. I just love his response to the symbol-cymbal moment now---one funny expression after another. Got great audience response for that too.

He came out to stage door pretty quickly. I was close to the front but still not in a good picture position, so I just got a Playbill signed and tried to take a couple of pictures. I'll try to download them later tonight, if I can. He had his Carolina blue hoodie on, and he seemed in a great mood, stopping for pictures often. So fun!

My thoughts from last night's stage door-- I was trying to take pictures of him and decided not to get him to sign anything. He moves so quickly, and he was right at us before I knew it. When he went by us, he said "nothing here" or something similar, meaning there was nothing to sign. So to me, I felt that he passed us because we had nothing held out to sign, and I don't think we asked for a picture at the right moment. Maybe having Mix nearby affected it, and maybe not. But how great to be right in front and to see how gorgeous he looked! Sure I would have liked to have a picture, but I wasn't the least bit upset at being missed. Just one of those things that can't detract from the amazing experience of being here.

Good Morning Everyone,

I agree, I just want Clay to live a normal life; but I do think there are some fans who are too invested in his personal life and need to butt out. Clay has seemed happier than I have ever seen him and if that is due in part to a relationship with Reed, than that is great.

28 Days until The Closing Night of Spamalot! :cry:

50 Days until Golfing For Inclusion! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Cuz I'm bored and trying to be quiet until the rest of the house wakes up so I can finish putting these empty Christmas decoration boxes away and vacuum.....here's what I'm dealing with. The tree is up and it's a freaking blizzard outside!

th_016.jpg

Kirby the cat looks highly impressed with his new bed ;)

th_017-1.jpg

OK, where's the car? I need to get to the bank before 11 :P

th_018.jpg

One day this tree will fall right over

Kirby looks pretty comfortable! Cinnamon loved sleeping under the Christmas Tree...can't do it this year since we didn't put a big one up.

The snow looks really pretty! Of course, not so much when you have to drive in it and shovel it!

Kim

Uh-oh. Maybe we need to bring back Couchie's IIU, IIT....

So, IIU, IIT .... You go Clay! :D

Heee!! IIU, IIT - what a babe! Reed (I love that name) looks yummy. I didn't go to the myspace (not even for Clay!) but by the sounds of it he seems like a cool guy. Lots there to love lust after like! LOL, given Clay's luck with the tabloids though, I can see the story now - Clay Aiken dates Flying Monkey. :imgtongue:

Considering how little 'facts' we actually knew all this time, I have no problem believing that Clay could have (had) a quiet relationship for some time without it being blabbed all over the world. Like Couchie though, I really hope that IIU, IIT he is finally able to have a degree of normalcy, in that they can go to a movie or a dinner without it being headline news.

Oooh, and Couchie... Die Hard - best. action. movie. ever. Yippee Kyaaaay!

Well, the other possibility is that he may have had a few dates with this guy but is not necessarily in a relationship. I mean, in my single, dating days I went on a lot of dates with a lot of guys but they were just that...a date. Go to a party, out to eat, whatever. And then move on our merry way. Or sometimes date someone occasionally for a few months socially but not romantically.

luckiest I don't know where you live but I hope that snow isn't anywhere near me. I'm sick of winter already and it's only just begun. And I don't even have my tree up yet. We have a puppy that eats everything and I'm trying how to put up a tree and enjoy it without wrestling the dog every waking minute. Don't suggest a baby gate...she can climb them.

We have a puppy that eats everything and I'm trying how to put up a tree and enjoy it without wrestling the dog every waking minute. Don't suggest a baby gate...she can climb them.

The Christmas that Phoebe was a puppy (and chewing up everything including my coffee table grrrrrrrrrr....) I used a product called "Boundary"

http://www.petco.com/product/4580/Lambert-...Repellents.aspx

It worked like a charm and to this day when I put up the tree...she acts like it doesn't exist. :hysterical:

You do have to use it every day.

Good luck.

:BlowKiss:

Clay Aiken dates Flying Monkey
I think I must be losing it (no comments from the bleachers please) but.....didn't Roger at one time say Clay had gone to Pluto looking for Flying Monkeys?????? It was something like that!

God it is the pits getting old...oh wait I couldn't remember anything when I was young but at least now I have an excuse*g*

As funny as it is to talk about the Clelly I really don't want to know if it is true or not. Not because it I don't like the idea, because that doesn't matter to me at all, I just want him to have at least a modicum of privacy. I really hope he has the chance to have a "private" life!

YES. A private private life - what a concept! I have no issue with Clay having a boyfriend or being seen with said boyfriend. All of the prying and digging and supposing that goes along with the possibility makes me very uncomfortable, though.

Ok don't know if I can explain this correctly...but Merrieee I get what you are saying about privacy. But for me, even better would be normalcy...as much as he can have as a celebrity. The whispers, secrets, hush hush and I knew it all the time and that makes me special that surrounds Clay is toxic. The ability to just walk around freely with a boyfriend, or his baby, or friends and family in an atmosphere of normal old SO WHAT is what I wish for him most of all.

Agreed. Normalcy is a good thing. I would love it if SO WHAT was the norm, but unfortunately it never has been and I fear never will be in this fandom.

eta: as normal as one can be with a big black man 5 steps away

BWAH! :hahaha:

Uh-oh. Maybe we need to bring back Couchie's IIU, IIT....

So, IIU, IIT .... You go Clay! :D

Hee! Yep, the IIU, IIT have been missing the past few months, haven't they?

Well, the other possibility is that he may have had a few dates with this guy but is not necessarily in a relationship. I mean, in my single, dating days I went on a lot of dates with a lot of guys but they were just that...a date. Go to a party, out to eat, whatever. And then move on our merry way. Or sometimes date someone occasionally for a few months socially but not romantically.

Absolutely. This has been the case with the majority of my dating life.

Kirby looks like quite comfy in his newly decorated napping spot, luckiest! :lol: When moving, I gave my big Christmas tree to Goodwill. While I have plenty of room in my living room for one now, I really don't have any extra storage space here. Besides, I did not want to spend all my time & energy trying to keep Gidget out/off/away from the tree/ornaments/lights. Even though she's almost 3, she's still got the curiosity and "I can go anywhere & do anything!" attitude of a kitten... <_<

luckiest I don't know where you live but I hope that snow isn't anywhere near me. I'm sick of winter already and it's only just begun. And I don't even have my tree up yet. We have a puppy that eats everything and I'm trying how to put up a tree and enjoy it without wrestling the dog every waking minute. Don't suggest a baby gate...she can climb them.

Hee, my grand pug puppy is coming home today for the rest of the holidays. I wanted to get everything up and organized before she got here. I have no idea how she is going to act with the tree....I may have to move some of the hanging decorations up a few branches. :cryingwlaughter: As for the snow, I just spent 45 minutes shoveling the $#($*$& stuff. Grrrrrrrr.

BTW I am in southern Ontario, Canada.

Kirby's brother, Sebastian, decided to get in on the action and pose for me, too:

th_019-1.jpg

*Waves to luckiest1 and cindilu2*

Hee....I'm in Calgary, and there is no snow on the ground at all! BUT......there's some awfully suspicious looking grey skies out there....

Never mind!! It's SNOWING!!! :(

Bookwhore, IKWYM....I'm already so sick of this winter!!

Re Reed....I always hope for Clay that he is absolutely the happiest he can be, in whatever way he can be. But I ain't shippin' just yet. :)

My comments were strictly about the idea that every time Clay makes a comment his fans will be psychoanalyzing him and his motives and using the fact that they remember every word he ever uttered against him in some way. Of course this is in no way different from anything else the past 5 years. I hope the conversations going on DOES help someone but really I just don't care. I know that makes me the mother of all bitches and unsympathetic and totally the antithesis of this guy I admire so much although I wonder if Jaymes would understand my point of view. I just don't think this is EVER going to end and even the people who are over him just won't go away ever. Just isn't my idea of fun. I've been shocked before though.

Aaannnnddd…Couchie joins my club. <g> The MOAB club (mother of all bitches). And yeah, wouldn’t surprise me if Jaymes umderstood completely.

IMG_0828_edited-1.jpg

Ahhh…now this is some hair I can get behind. <g> So pretty. I’ve been cheating on him lately, but I won’t LEAVE him. <g>

Heh. Reed Kelly is purdy too. Quite. The comments make it sound like they’ve been dating for a while – I’m skeptical because of all the BS we’ve heard over the years. But then, I’ve always been able to be skeptical and still enjoy the visual. The mental pictures. <g>

All that said - I hope people are mindful about assuming someone is gay because they are on Broadway or are seen with Clay. I would hate to do to someone what people did to Clay. Making assumptions – just because it was correct once, doesn’t mean it always will be. Am I concerned for no reason? Sometimes people in this fandom become what they despise (from fans to haters, anyone?), so I worry. I hope that most will still respect people’s right to self-identify. If you read the comments on that blog, there is one person there who took it as slander that people were talking about Reed and Clay as a couple. Not sure of the reason, but I found it…interesting.

Ok don't know if I can explain this correctly...but Merrieee I get what you are saying about privacy. But for me, even better would be normalcy...as much as he can have as a celebrity. The whispers, secrets, hush hush and I knew it all the time and that makes me special that surrounds Clay is toxic. The ability to just walk around freely with a boyfriend, or his baby, or friends and family in an atmosphere of normal old SO WHAT is what I wish for him most of all.

eta: as normal as one can be with a big black man 5 steps away

YES. Normalcy would be great for him.

Nobody take offense at this, but the whole are they/aren't they? stuff makes me feel like I'm in high school and we're all gossiping about the popular boy and who he might be dating! :lol:

I mean, I love it, but I also find it hilarious.

And, not to take any space away from the man, but maybe we could get a few more pictures of Reed Kelly? :sleezy:

Why are all the really cute guys gay? Whyyyy?

HeidiHo....evidently, on Reed's own MySpace, he says he has a 'sweet boyfriend', so I think it's safe to assume he's gay. :P Whether he and Clay are anything more than friends is their business, of course. However, I am definitely in the camp of those who can enjoy the visuals of further speculation. :whistling-1:

That snow y'all are talking about is pretty....in pictures. I'm enjoying our crisp Fall-like days here in December, though. There are many, many beautiful trees still showing off their various Fall colors here in the Bay Area and the weather is in the mid-upper 50's, lower 60's...perfect. I love this time of year.

So I just got back from having breakfast with hubby and Carrie and at one point when Carrie said she needed a new sweatshirt, I asked if she'd like me to order her one like mine. I just happened to be wearing my BAF sweatshirt. :whistling-1: She said, "Oh no way! That would be social suicide!"

:glare: I said, "You just said how much you like Michael Buble! Why the heck is HE cooler than Clay?" Hubby said, "Yeah, and I've heard that he's kind of a jackass in real life. At least everything you hear about Clay is that he's a good guy."

And I said, "True...and..."

Carrie said, "Mom! The day after Clay told everybody he's gay, you should've heard my friends at school! Everybody was coming up to me and saying, 'OMG, Carrie....How's your MOM?! with the news.'---like they were so concerned."

:huh: BWAH! :lmaosmiley-1:

I said, "Ok...that cracks me up. Why in the world would they think I'd be..."

Hubby said, "Maybe because you always call him your 'boyfriend'."

Point taken.

BWAH!

I've got to agree with annabear, Heidiho and clayzycoffin. It's all shipping again. I shipped once and it ended up with me getting a lot of grief. I hope some day Clay can just have a friend and not always be romantically involved with them. Pre marriage I always enjoyed having friends just to do things with and not have the pressure of going out on a date. But then again I am a little odd.

Clay told Diane Sawyer she wouldn't know when he was romantically involved. This guy is seen in public and was at Spamalot with his other friends, so I'm just going to assume he is a guy friend. Besides didn't Clay say that the only guy in his life needs to be fed and have his diaper changed. And that guy is the cutest guy of all. :dadrocks:

Also as some of you have said, I do hope that some day Clay will be given the freedom to go out, hold hands or whatever with someone he is involved with. I'm sure that if he did this now the tabloids and gossip sites would be all over the story. Some fans would investigate his paramour, just as they have done when they assumed he was dating various women. It could get really ugly. :Imok: :chair:

Well, we at least know that Reed and Clay are friends since those pictures are on his website in his slide show--which is very interesting, by the way.

Little tidbit--he's 6-2.

Found an interesting interview he did in LA

Interview with Reed Kelly (and others)

For me the issue isn't shipping; those who enjoy shipping and did so before Clay confirmed he was gay are going to continue...what I find a bit disingenuous are those who shipped when they thought Clay was straight, but are now so concerned with his privacy that shipping is off limits. The pictures posted; to me; were no different than the picture posted of Clay and Hannah; Jaymes, Kristy, etc. and I didn't and don't see anything wrong with the same kind of speculation that went on when Clay was presumed straight.

It seems like some are okay with Clay being gay as long as they don't have to see him being gay.

Kim

(something funky going on with board, it is posting duplicates!)

For me the issue isn't shipping; those who enjoy shipping and did so before Clay confirmed he was gay are going to continue...what I find a bit disingenuous are those who shipped when they thought Clay was straight, but are now so concerned with his privacy that shipping is off limits. The pictures posted; to me; were no different than the picture posted of Clay and Hannah; Jaymes, Kristy, etc. and I didn't and don't see anything wrong with the same kind of speculation that went on when Clay was presumed straight.

It seems like some are okay with Clay being gay as long as they don't have to see him being gay.

Kim

:cryingwlaughter:

That gave me the really, really naughty thought about what actions constitute "being gay".

Maybe I do have a dirty mind... :o

:cryingwlaughter: Well, I simply meant as in dating; actually having a boyfriend...that just makes it a little to real for some, in my opinion.

Kim