#48: He is...therefore I fan.

Couch Tomato

New Thread Title Poll  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What say ye - what's our new thread title?

• I don't ever have a day so gloomy that Clay's smile doesn't make me happy
    • At the end of the day, who cares? Clay is hot. He?d be hotter naked. ?nuff said
    • Ladies and gentleman, the 49th president of the United States and American Idol runner-up, Clay Aiken!
    • FrstlgrglooMmflsgoolce! :heart: scruffy Clay!
    • The Clay Aiken fandom....it's just fun!
    • I am a fan of the man...pure and simple!

Maybe clayzcoffin's next listening project could be "Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word" from the DCAT tour? That one never got done, and all the rest are complete.

Ooooh, that's a great idea. What do you think clayzycoffin?

I'm not sure being signed to a major label is the be-all-and-the-end-all anymore. So much has changed in the last several years. Not gonna sweat it in any case cuz Clay has his own peeps for that and they have way more info than I do. :)

yep that will be my mantra...

Mine too. :) I don't understand celebrating but I'm not upset about it either. I think Clay knows what he is doing, and I look forward to the future.

Just finished watched the Bees movie. Very good. Thanks for the recommendation Lucky.

Glad you liked it! I mentioned it to someone at work today, and they were all like "Bees? Are there really bees in it?" BWAH. I think it should have been titled differently.

Speaking of movies, I saw Slumdog Millionaire tonight. It was very different, very original....I liked it, but some parts were pretty graphic. I was glad it had a happy ending. And I loved the Bollywood video sequence during the credits!

Eeeep, luckiest! I'm still (finally) doing ldyjocelyn's JBT right now and it's not easy to switch around but there's a bunch of CITH shows that are special and people have reminded me about them -- Waukegan, Minneapolis from Solo (I posted "Welcome To Our World" from that show because I thought it was very special that Parker was there to hear it but there's more), some more Omaha, etc.

Well, I am making a list of songs that I think you might have hidden away from certain venues......I will PM you and if there is anything you can do to help us out I'd really appreciate it.

I believe that's the work of the Salamanders, Scarlett. I just had to find it in my folders when I saw Bella's post. Hee. :)

I can foresee the possibility of Clay making more money as an independent artist than under contract with any label. Clay has an established name and definitely has an established fanbase. He's been selling what he has mostly from self-promotion anyway. Now that Clay has made some money, he can produce his own music and sell it the same way he's been doing it since 2006 -- through the internet and through appearances on talk shows, and reap more of the benefits. Just because he's not with a label doesn't mean he won't be on Kimmel, or the View or Good Morning America, etc., to introduce new music. The difference will be that a record label won't be skimming the profits off the top. It's a new world everywhere these days -- even in the music business. I've heard predictions that labels won't exist ere long because the internet, downloading and iPods are making their core functions increasingly obsolete.

I think Clay is a shrewd businessman, and he certainly has a "Foster" family of industry insiders to offer advise and direction. And he still has Cindy Berger on the job.

I don't remember the last time I've enjoyed my Chardonnay as much as I have tonight (okay, maybe the last time Claymatron was over, but I digress) - yeah, I'm clebrating and I'm even having chocolate too! :D

Hee!!! Either you left out a letter, or I'm going to have to figure out what "clebrating" is, especially if I was formerly involved with you, it, and a bottle of Chardonnay. :whistling-1:

But yeah, I'm clebrating his release, departure, disentanglement from RCA, too! :cocktail: (But without the chocolate!)

THE BEST IS YET TO COME! and I believe that with all my heart!

I believe that's the work of the Salamanders, Scarlett. I just had to find it in my folders when I saw Bella's post. Hee. :)

Thanks for posting!!! :thankyou::cryingwlaughter:

I can foresee the possibility of Clay making more money as an independent artist than under contract with any label. Clay has an established name and definitely has an established fanbase. He's been selling what he has mostly from self-promotion anyway. Now that Clay has made some money, he can produce his own music and sell it the same way he's been doing it since 2006 -- through the internet and through appearances on talk shows, and reap more of the benefits. Just because he's not with a label doesn't mean he won't be on Kimmel, or the View or Good Morning America, etc., to introduce new music. The difference will be that a record label won't be skimming the profits off the top. It's a new world everywhere these days -- even in the music business. I've heard predictions that labels won't exist ere long because the internet, downloading and iPods are making their core functions increasingly obsolete.

I think Clay is a shrewd businessman, and he certainly has a "Foster" family of industry insiders to offer advise and direction. And he still has Cindy Berger on the job.

He just might lead the pack this way. Several other people have tried this in the past but I think they did it too early on and most people just weren't used to paying for music outside the regular outlets. I think the timing is good for Clay and he has the fanbase that can do it. Wouldn't you be more motivated to buy an album from a small firm that he controls instead of some huge faceless corporation?

As long as he doesn't attempt to sell music through Clique :hahaha: I think it could be a very good move for him.

That's some mighty fine celebrating, ldyj! :hubbahubba: Let's celebrate a little more, shall we?

Asheville-0811074.jpg

df_gala_09-06.jpg

Beauty.jpg

beautiful.jpg

HannahClayReedFriends.jpg

2006Merrillville113ct600.jpg

perma_wp06b.jpg

Awww, I love the way you guys celebrate!!!

ETA to my response to kf: One of my co-workers is a pastor who has been recording his own services including the music that his children have been providing. He used to distribute thiese several days afterwards because he edited things in a small studio he built at home but lately he's been looking into high-speed editing and CD duplication so that people could pick them up just as they were leaving the church.

Maybe clayzcoffin's next listening project could be "Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word" from the DCAT tour? That one never got done, and all the rest are complete.

Ooooh, that's a great idea. What do you think clayzycoffin?

<snip>

*sigh*

An hour ago, I would have said yes (even though SSTBTHW is probably my least-favorite song from ATDW) but now... Gackt! I hate my laptop sometimes. First, it was this strange little patch of pixels that died for absolutely no reason... and then revived... and now intermittently "die" and revive... Now I get an error message saying my computer's fans aren't working! Gary (I named my computer Gary... maybe that's why it's mad at me) wouldn't move past this page that said fan 1 and fan 2 weren't working so turn them off and check fan your out or something poorly written like that... AUGH!!

*hunts for that disturbing GIF with the dude beating himself to death on the computer*

It should just be a hardware problem... Of course, since I bought the computer off of woot.com, it only came with a 90-day warranty, so no warranty now. I'm going to take it to Best Buy tomorrow and see what they have to say... UGH, I hope it's a hardware problem that can be easily fixed without killing the contents of my computer--It's only twenty GBs or so of slowly-accumulated Clack, but I don't want to lose it... plus all my miscellaneous Clay pix... And I have a bunch of music I bought off of iTunes that isn't backed up--I know, my fault, I should have backed it up. I wish I had bought one of those external hard drives when they were on sale on Thanksgiving. I couldn't really afford them, but, eh. Hindsight's 20-20.

Even more infuriating, I can't find the warranty/purchase info! GRR! I was so sure I left it in the computer box--where else would I put it? AGH.

Anyway, my point was, as long as I can't use my own computer (I'm on my bro's old laptop now) I don't think I'll be able to do the Clack recs.

ETA: Oh, and I must say I'm a little bit apprehensive about Clay and RCA parting ways... Not because I think RCA is this great company or whatever (being a fairly new fan, I really have no idea about the Clay/RCA relationship) but just because of the image issues with the split. I do like that it is being reported as a mutual decision, though, and not that he was dropped. That's much more positive.

I'm glad you did! I remember it from quite a while ago and it was fun to see again. I think he's fine as the guys, but not so much as Beverley or Deanna! ;)

Claymatron - Whenever we share a bottle of wine, we clebrate! :thbighug-1:

annabear, could you PLEASE send me the means to send the Clay Trek to LBFCA? I almost DIED laughing!!!

thanks!!

Penny, I'm not annabear and I hope she doesn't mind but here's a link:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/MiscP...rMe/claytng.jpg

*waves to Bella who's up early despite the Chardonnay -- post any pics of your stash yet?*

I like the Number One Clay best...

Oh, it's not on this page? Need to fix that...

claytng.jpg

ETA: Speaking of numbers... the eHP had a mini-discussion about the phrase "dropping the deuce" last weekend. Most gave the usual definition which is, well, what the cute knight does in Act 2 of a certain show, but I said that it could also mean, "pulling off a surprise that is most likely shocking." Why this is important at 8am on a Saturday morning, I don't know.

I'm glad you did! I remember it from quite a while ago and it was fun to see again. I think he's fine as the guys, but not so much as Beverley or Deanna! ;)

I agree with you there, and he actually makes a very sexy looking Worf!

Claymatron - Whenever we share a bottle of wine, we clebrate! :thbighug-1:

Yes, we do! :friends: And I'm looking forward to our next clebration!

It should just be a hardware problem... Of course, since I bought the computer off of woot.com, it only came with a 90-day warranty, so no warranty now. I'm going to take it to Best Buy tomorrow and see what they have to say... UGH, I hope it's a hardware problem that can be easily fixed without killing the contents of my computer--It's only twenty GBs or so of slowly-accumulated Clack, but I don't want to lose it... plus all my miscellaneous Clay pix... And I have a bunch of music I bought off of iTunes that isn't backed up--I know, my fault, I should have backed it up. I wish I had bought one of those external hard drives when they were on sale on Thanksgiving. I couldn't really afford them, but, eh. Hindsight's 20-20.

Bolding mine. If you can get them to pull that harddrive and back it up, I would do so. A lot of computer repair places, just as a habit, wipe the harddrive clean so that there is no concern with a software problem in addition to hardware. This comment coming from personal experience. When a hinge goes on a computer, you would think they wouldn't wipe a harddrive clean, BUT some of them do. SO if you can get them to agree to back up your harddrive, it might be a wise thing to do and less frustrating.

Good Morning Everyone,

It is snowing...yuck! So ready for winter to be over.

Missed the celebration last night...still nursing a cold and I went to bed early. I think it is a good thing that Clay is no longer with RCA...I am looking forward to seeing what the future holds...the man never ceases to surprise me...best thing about being a fan, you just never know!

15 Days until Daylight Savings Time! :yahoo:

27 Days until The First Day of Spring! :yahoo:

46 Days until Judge Aiken is holding Court on ANTM!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20...ss-topheadlines

Finally he is done with RCA. Now if he continues to be blacklisted on radio, or fails to sell cds, and sell out arenas, or continues to make cds of cover songs, who are we going to blame? :cryingwlaughter: It will be interesting to see if he can find another label who will take him. Personally, I don't think he wants a serious singing career, anymore, or if he ever did. I think those were just my dreams for him. IMHO he never took the music buisness all that serious. He just wanted to do what he wanted to do, good for him for being true to himself, but it didn't sell. It takes more than a great voice and being a good humanitarian, to sell records. I think he is so happy to be "out" and being able to have a public boyfriend, that he is going to make up for lost time in his personal life. You go Clay!!!! She bang!!! She bang!!!!. :clap:

I think he will stay on broadway. That is once shows make a comeback. As with everything else, Broadway is hurting. I think he horded all his money back, and can live quite comfortably for some time. Hence wearing the same clothes for 6 years. :whistling-1: He's naturally cheap though. IMHO! I feel he will always be able to make a good living. I don't think he will he achieve the notority he once had after AI2. It will be interesting to see what happens. He DOES NOT have a fanbase to speak of anymore. CD and ticket sales reflect that.

I feel elated about RCA being out of the picture, yet sad at the same time. They were a major label after all. I think they dropped Clay and not the other way around. Does it really matter though? No, they are finally out of the picture. Time for some of his fans to find a new dead horse to beat. :cryingwlaughter: These are just my knee jerk thoughts before having a lot of time to digest this news, this morning, and to have a 2nd cup of coffee. Seriously? I don't think Clay is worried or cares if he is a famous celebrity or singer. He has made it clearly known how he feels about his privacy and being a part of the "Hollywood" scene. I think he will also continue to seek out someone to take over BAF as well. Oops, I shouldn't have shared that thought, should I. Forget I said that, would you? LOL

Time for people who can't find joy in their fandom to spend a beautiful day doing something other than beating down on Clay and his fans, and follow what gives them happiness (if there is indeed such a thing). *holds nose and follows people around with a dustpan -- hey, maybe I can apply for that maid service that Reed always wanted... rummages around for ostrich feathers a la Babette*

I love this fandom because I have friends (who care about me, especially the state of my mind -- ROTL!), and lots of clack and great hope for the future!!!

There is searching and there is searching. As everyone knows, I'm more willing than most to listen to people who truly are trying to sort things out. All I expect is that people be consistent with the people they quote in their siggies (or copy KAndre's avatar and not be ashamed about it)

Labels? Where we're going, we don't need labels!!! (with apologies to the Back to the Future folks) Down with labels! Labels divide people. Make love not labels!

Imagine... there's no labels... It's easy if you try

Have a great day everyone!!! *stands before my kitchen cabinet and contemplates removing all the labels from my spice jars -- nah! Even I'm not that crazy*

:nature-smiley-014:

Here's what I celebrate:

post-5011-1235076999.jpg

clayaikenbear.jpg

3218493590_478f4af0e2.jpg

397122903_4Qors-M.jpg

blogphotosd2.jpg

GMA13.jpg

gallery_enlarged-clay-aiken-pics-05.jpg

ETA: Oh, and I must say I'm a little bit apprehensive about Clay and RCA parting ways... Not because I think RCA is this great company or whatever (being a fairly new fan, I really have no idea about the Clay/RCA relationship) but just because of the image issues with the split. I do like that it is being reported as a mutual decision, though, and not that he was dropped. That's much more positive.

I wasn't thrilled either but it's a new era for the recording industry and it's been feeling the pinch for some time now, i.e. well before "world economic downturn" became a familiar term, so I don't think anyone gets surprised anymore. My feeling is that it wasn't entirely Clay's choice since nothing beats having a big name label behind an artist because of the expertise and powerful marketing machine. However, Clay has his own personal network in the business now, and his son is related to one of the biggest producers in the business, so it's just a matter of change and hopefully for the better. (It is extraordinary how many artists are now independently marketing their music.) On the other hand, Clay is more than 'simply' a recording artist, Broadway has helped to pave the way, I think, to lots of possibilities in other avenues.

ETA: I also don't think Clay is in a hurry to find a new career project, I feel that everything he does from now on will be subject to how it will impact on his time with Parker. I feel that Clay has already achieved more than his wildest dreams in terms of his singing career and his biggest dream of all was having a child to raise. He's going to be the kind of father he never had.