#51: You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken

Thread Title Poll  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay is stil around, getting bigger balls, better hair, and broader shoulders.
    • "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."
    • Simon Says: Shut Up And Sing 2 (Learning to keep mah foot outta mah mouth)
    • Clay Aiken: Just like Timex...takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

Good Morning, FCA! :BlowKiss:

Caro listen.gif

Caro... what a sweetie! Name change and all. Both names are very pretty. Did you tell them they couldn't change the name cause you'd sent out announcements? :cryingwlaughter:

caro, your grandbaby is beautiful!!!

Thank you, liney and treenuts. LOL, I thought about your suggestion; but it was easier to just send out a P.S. and change my original blog. Instead, I requested more photos. :lol:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nzhsf5

A d/l of last night....but it is real slooow,

That was SO cool! Thank you very much for bringing it over, and to whoever caught it. He is such a natural, gracious, captivating speaker. I *heart* him!

The video is also at CANN. I think scrpkym provided this awesome bit of clack. :)

Y'all have a great day! :clay:

Caro listen.gif

Hee I didn't watch any of AI and to tell you the truth I don't care who wins. I wouldn't recognize Kris if he was on tv and I'm tired of the OTT Adamizing!

Thank goodness, after tonight, we can get back to the real news about the Brangelina or 8 mom or who broke up with whom or what happened or didn't happen to Paris' dog!

Good Morning Everyone,

"Hauls out Swifter and cleans up all the drool...leaves stack of clean drool bibs by front door"...So was it good for all of you! :cryingwlaughter:

150 Days until The BAF Gala! :yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

re: the gala tickets...yes Claygary...I'm shallow. At least I'm admitting it.

:lilredani:

I know that there are some out there who pretend that it's all about the charity but how many of them would buy a ticket and fly or drive all of that way if Clay wasn't going to be there? I'm not even going to pretend that I would. Also, while I think that the BAF is a great charity, if I was going to just pick a children's charity to support, I'd likely pick on that would benefit kids in Ontario.

It's always good to know where someone stands! Of the 500+ people that attend the main Gala each year, I'm not sure what percentage are only there to hear Clay. I'm sure you're right, there are some. We know there's at least one! :lol: I also know that there are a LOT of people there that love and support Clay, but also are HUGE supporters of the mission of BAF for a variety of personal reasons. And then, there are the people that are there because BAF has touched their heart, and don't even know who Clay is. The breakdown? Wouldn't know. But my bet from my experience with the Foundation would be 25/50/25. That percentage will likely change somewhat this year to frontload the first percentage, because Clay hasn't appeared publicly a lot this year. All bets off if a tour is announced! :lol:

And by the way....if organizations in Ontario applied for a grant from BAF and met the criteria, they would be welcomed. Yours is a common misconception among the Canadians.

ETA: I think it's another one of those things that you either enjoy, or you don't; I've been a volunteer for various organizations since I was about 10. I love doing it, and I've had some phenomenal experiences. Clay has always said that the volunteer is the one who reaps the benefit from the experience, and he's absolutely right. It's one of the reasons for the service learning curriculum that BAF has developed, so that ALL kids can experience this high.

I understand if it's not your thing. But I DO reserve the right to feel sorry for what you're missing. :)

Hee I didn't watch any of AI and to tell you the truth I don't care who wins. I wouldn't recognize Kris if he was on tv and I'm tired of the OTT Adamizing!

Strangely enough, all the "adamizing" prompted me to watch last night (well that, and my head would not stop pounding, so I was being a couch potato, and there was nothing else on). LOL. Anyways, I thought both guys were quite talented, but man, didn't that coronation song suck? Paula seriously needs to step down, she was having a hard time making any sense, and it was pretty obvious to me that her lines were scripted, the way she was tripping over them. The new judge (the one who co-wrote the sucky song) was totally annoying, the way she was raving on and on...of COURSE you think they're wonderful, of COURSE this is the most amazing finale evah, what else are you gonna say? Slimon and Randy were same shit, different day.....so there you go, an AI8 review from someone who hasn't watched at all this season. I don't care which one wins, they both seem as though they will do well. I don't feel the urge to go and download their songs or follow them around the country, though. Sowwy. ;)

A d/l of last night....but it is real slooow,

Thanks for posting this. I love the way he speaks, he is so comfortable on stage in a non-performance role. Love the way he milks the fact he didn't win and was cut from his HS musical, inspiring for the ones who don't win.

ETA: American Idol 8

http://findingclayaiken.invisionzone.com/i...t=0#entry106697

I know that there are some out there who pretend that it's all about the charity but how many of them would buy a ticket and fly or drive all of that way if Clay wasn't going to be there? I'm not even going to pretend that I would. Also, while I think that the BAF is a great charity, if I was going to just pick a children's charity to support, I'd likely pick on that would benefit kids in Ontario.

I always felt that there was no point to the Royals, and in many ways, I still do feel that way. However, during the years of Princess Diana, I saw what a difference she made to charities, how her appearance would draw crowds to an event, how at a special dinner costing $1000 a person, people would turn up just to be seen and be able to say they attended a dinner where the Princess of Wales was the guest of honor. So I changed my mind and felt that if that is what it took to get people with lots of money to spend some of it for an important cause, then that was okay with me, it's a means to an end. Like you, I prefer to financially support needy causes closer to home... however, I never let an opportunity go by to plug TBAF because it is a serious and important cause and it is also one of the reasons I have such a high regard for Clay Aiken.

CRITICAL TRIVIA: Red Hair Alert!!

A health/lifestyle show I was watching revealed that only 2% of the world's population are natural redheads! They also said that redheads have better love-lives :hahaha: . However, they added that due to the 'melting pot', redheads are on the way out, i.e. set to become extinct!!!

That gives credence to what I said last time that red-haired people must be extraordinary. They're very very special; and if they belong to an endangered species, they should be loved, cared for, and protected!

Now on to the good stuff...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE for the clack!!!! :thewave:

I was really surprised to find out that somebody actually got clack of Clay's speech last night! I really wasn't expecting it. His jaw is looking really good now. I was kinda worried when I saw the puffiness during the GLAAD event...he must have had a nasty infection. Looks good now!

re: the gala tickets...yes Claygary...I'm shallow. At least I'm admitting it.

:lilredani:

And that's all that I remember.

[bolding mine]

Where did we ever hear that Clay had a post op "nasty infection"?

What difference does it make what other people's motivation to attend the Gala may be? I know if I did not support the Foundation I would still probably attend, but would buy the cheap seats and not spend money on the auctions, nor donate additional money during the year. I could do so with a clear conscience because that cheap seat would not be made available to me until after the money tables had been bought. Ultimately my motivation is nobody's business but mine. Now if I am one of those bitches who will attend for the sole purpose of scowling at Clay for his sinful life choices feel free to disparage my motives for attending.

I think a lot of people go to galas of other charities because of the entertainment. However I don't go to any others although we receive many invitations. I just can't spend that much money that often.

This will be my third gala and I think I've gotten my money's worth every time. I also volunteer for TBAF and prefer my anonimity there just as I do for other volunteer work . I think most of their volunteers do it for the children and not to meet Clay.

I guess everyone has their own reason.

I find it kinda funny that we consider $250 a "cheap seat". :P
The $250 is the break even price for the Gala which is what makes it a cheap seat. It covers the meal and overhead for the person attending. A small amount may go as a donation to the foundation but not much. It allows someone to express their support of TBAF by attending without it being a drain on the Foundation.

Oh, I'm aware of that....I just meant that for many of us (myself included), $250 is waaaaay more than we can actually afford. ;) I'm thrilled that they are able to offer these "cheap" seats, or else I wouldn't have a hope in hell of being able to attend.

FromClaygary I think honestly the point is that you can get the same feeling of satisfaction doing something in your own backyard. The need out there is TREMENDOUS - and there are thousands and hundreds of thousands of groups that need help. Charity is really suffering right now as people and organizations put their priority to staying afloat. Giving time and money to local charity is no less important than giving to TBAF. As much as I support TBAF and have since day one - there's no way I'd fly 3000 miles for a dinner and information that I already know when most of the money I'll shell out isn't going to the charity anyway.

ETA: OK I guess none of the $250 I'm spending will be going to the charity :cryingwlaughter: I appreciate TBAF for having the cheap seats. Clay or not, if it were any more than that I couldn't attend at all and at $250 plus plane fare and hotel and food etc it's still iffy.

Oh lets be honest here! I want to go to the Gala because I want to see Clay. If anyone has a problem with that so be it.

I support the BAF in a lot of ways that will never be known and this is for me!

I just want to say how important and very much appreciated all of you are who "give back"!

(((Volunteers))) :clap:

Thank goodness, after tonight, we can get back to the real news about the Brangelina or 8 mom or who broke up with whom or what happened or didn't happen to Paris' dog!

AMEN :preachit:

That gives credence to what I said last time that red-haired people must be extraordinary. They're very very special; and if they belong to an endangered species, they should be loved, cared for, and protected!

Save The Redhead Foundation

Ooooh :pickme: I'll volunteer to start a special refuge. I can be ready to take in the most valuable of this near extinct of the species at anytime at my residence. If he should put up a struggle then by all means use a tranquilizer gun in order to safely transport said speciman (and no, I want the entire man, not just his valuable donation)!! Please be advised that if you wish to assist in this project there is a looong line already and it forms BEHIND ME! :lipstick:

Oh darn. I missed the AI finale.

I was busy at an outdoor concert with a bunch of Parrot Heads.

Lemme tell ya that I don't ever wanna hear another denigrating word about Clay Aiken fans. Whoa, mama! There were people of all ages at the Jimmy Buffet with various parrot headgear, mulit-floral 'island' shirts, grass skirts and MORE! CMSU!

Jimmy was great...but from his first appearance on stage I was struck by his current uncanny resemblance to Joe Biden. :blink:

From that moment life was an ongoing example of cognitive dissonance as I sat there watching our country's vice president talking about "wasting away in Margueritaville". :hahaha:

Place was packed and there was lots of singing along from the audience, who seemed to know every word of every song. I didn't, since I never bought a Jimmy Buffet record so only knew the ones that are his 'trademark' songs among the casual listener. So it was interesting for me to watch the crowd--his real fans who obviously had been fans for decades---get into the experience. Most of the band members looked like somebody's grandpas---CMSU! :cryingwlaughter: For me, other than the expected songs that I DID know, the others sounded very much the same. (Which might be some people's assessment of a Clay Aiken concert if she isn't a fan already, I guess.) But Jimmy's a fun concert--he's always upbeat and seems to really, really be having fun.

Is there ANYone out there who doesn't think that Adam Lambert is going to be crowned the next AI? Oh, yeah...I forgot. We need to generate some question as to the REAL winner...okay, let's have the votes be real, real close, 'kay? :) Oh, I know! :pickme: Let's have Adam come in second, so then when he sells gazillions of records and is an INTERnational star, AI can say that OBVIOUSLY he should've taken the trophy.

or whatever. :noidea: meh.

But it was fun getting out and doing something different with the hubby last night.

Is there ANYone out there who doesn't think that Adam Lambert is going to be crowned the next AI?

Gee, I'll have to give that some thought. Right after I get my tax return :cryingwlaughter: and clean out the garage. Sometime next fall might work. I'll get back to ya.

BTW, what's AI? *scratches ass...erm...head*

My mom is in deep. She asked me to go to the AI concert with her. I was like WTF? *of course only in my head ..what I said was..surely you jest* I haven't watched all season and you want me to go to the concert? I don't think so. But I did promise I will use every single thing I learned from going to twenty thousand Clay concerts to find her a good seat and find her a babysitter pal to go with her. She's adorable though..and annoying. I'm getting a little glimpse into myself :hahaha::hahaha: So please baby Jesus by all that is holy, please let Adam win tonight or my life will be hell for the next week, at least.

Glad you had fun last night Muski.

I've been listening to As Long As We're Here all morning. I think that song is sheer perfection.

Oh it will be the closest ever, there will controversy over the phonelines, endless debate over who really won and if the "real" winner doesn't win there will more conspiracy theories than you can shake a stick at. At last AI will be able to be finally rid of that pesky Clay Aiken guy! Instead of all newspapers referring to him they can refer to (insert name here) as Clay (Clay who?)will finally be supplanted as the media draw and guaranteed website hit.

After all us "Claymates" have switched allegiance...right?

Oh pahleeeease! I may puke glambert all over the place any moment now. So excuse me.

But the dude annoys the crap outta me. From his bad complexion, funky Elvis P. sneer, square jawline (yes I said jawline! LOL), stocky body complete with Greenday (who I flove and now must live with this vision emblazened upon my mind) wardrobe to his Ginormous mouth with fat tongue hanging out while sreaming at me......UGH! :fca:

sowwy

/rant

Oh darn. I missed the AI finale.

I was busy at an outdoor concert with a bunch of Parrot Heads.

Lemme tell ya that I don't ever wanna hear another denigrating word about Clay Aiken fans. Whoa, mama! There were people of all ages at the Jimmy Buffet with various parrot headgear, mulit-floral 'island' shirts, grass skirts and MORE! CMSU!

Jimmy was great...but from his first appearance on stage I was struck by his current uncanny resemblance to Joe Biden. :blink:

From that moment life was an ongoing example of cognitive dissonance as I sat there watching our country's vice president talking about "wasting away in Margueritaville". :hahaha:

Place was packed and there was lots of singing along from the audience, who seemed to know every word of every song. I didn't, since I never bought a Jimmy Buffet record so only knew the ones that are his 'trademark' songs among the casual listener. So it was interesting for me to watch the crowd--his real fans who obviously had been fans for decades---get into the experience. Most of the band members looked like somebody's grandpas---CMSU! :cryingwlaughter: For me, other than the expected songs that I DID know, the others sounded very much the same. (Which might be some people's assessment of a Clay Aiken concert if she isn't a fan already, I guess.) But Jimmy's a fun concert--he's always upbeat and seems to really, really be having fun.

Is there ANYone out there who doesn't think that Adam Lambert is going to be crowned the next AI? Oh, yeah...I forgot. We need to generate some question as to the REAL winner...okay, let's have the votes be real, real close, 'kay? :) Oh, I know! :pickme: Let's have Adam come in second, so then when he sells gazillions of records and is an INTERnational star, AI can say that OBVIOUSLY he should've taken the trophy.

or whatever. :noidea: meh.

But it was fun getting out and doing something different with the hubby last night.

sounds like you had a really fun time at the concert :) The store I work in last time JB came to town we sold out of a lot of parrot stuff :lol: Just like Clay fans if it's all fun whose to judge? just have a good time!!

I voted for Kris. Musically I like him better (he is also more current than Adam) but I think Adam will win. And in the off chance he doesn't the media will spin it into something it isn't. Kris' fans were made to feel like they should not vote him. Both Kris & Adam had a press conference before the finale and said vote for whose music you like better, they didn't want the contest to be about sexuality, religion or anything other than the music.

I don't remember who answered the question about Clay for me but thanks. I think that's a piece of clack that I will not be watching. The question did surprise me but not as much as the ones asking him if he ever brought his female friends tampons or his male friends condoms. Of course the graduation question and those last 2 have been deleted now.

She's adorable though..and annoying. I'm getting a little glimpse into myself :hahaha::hahaha:

And that's the thing, isn't it? They is us.

If AI8 fans get as much enjoyment out their appreciation of Kris or Adam as I have out of my Clay Fandom over the last six years, I say "Rock on , Dewds!" :Pogo0:

And also: "Buckle up, because your ride is just starting and it's guaranteed to be bumpy."