#51: You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken

Thread Title Poll  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay is stil around, getting bigger balls, better hair, and broader shoulders.
    • "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."
    • Simon Says: Shut Up And Sing 2 (Learning to keep mah foot outta mah mouth)
    • Clay Aiken: Just like Timex...takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

A real bitchfest on Survivor. Love it.
I flove JT!! I am so glad they didn't give it to that schlemiel Stephen. :clap:

But wait....Noooooo......it sounds like JT may be looking at "doing business" with Stephen in the near future?! WTF

JT: I couldn't have done it without you Stephen, I owe ya, buddy.

Stephen: Oh Hey JT, no need to feel obligated. But, I have this great investment I think you should go in on and double your $$$. No monkey!

tree: Ugh!!!

Clay content: :loveclaysbutt:

Ok, treenuts... BWAH!!! WHERE did that picture come from? Or should I say photoshop??? :hahaha:

cha cha... Thanks for sharing the beauty! That first one, especially just boggled my senses. I cannot imagine seeing that in person and smelling the water, etc. Enjoy!!!

I was reading this morning and my teenage boys saw that pic of Clay's but and couldn't stop laughing.

You mean mah ass kissing pic?

Awwwwe, I'm touched :lipstick:

**Currently listening to some guy singing The Real Me and it's pretty fucking good :Thud:

treenuts, your photoshop cracked me up!

cha cha, those shots are beautiful! Welcome to my side of the world. One day I'd love to get to Ireland, too. I think every ancestor I can claim came from some part of the Emerald Isle.

I caught 30 Rock on a download since I haven't figured out what we get on TV or what we don't. It looks like the English channels are the same, or very similar, to our Baku ones. BUT my internet is nice and speedy....I'm loving it. Bring on those great big files, I'm ready for 'em!

We should be settling in a little by now....I'm approaching the end of my first week here in Denmark but there's been a wee hitch. Grab a coffee, a tea, or something harder for me, and check out Sally's. This just proves that you're never to old to have fresh new experiences.

I swear I am so ready for a hammock and the beach. In the meantime, I guess some hard drugs will do.

Since I'm going to be up for a while, I think it's time I tried to come up with some question for Clay. Maybe it will get my mind off my current predicament.....I swear I will NOT ask him for advice or hard drugs. Honest..... :D

Way back when in 2006, when FCA was a teeny tiny board, with maybe 10 regular posters, my husband and I went to Ireland. We went with a group of college singers from my husband's college workplace. We had to sing, but it also gave us a chance to see the sites. And we had incredibly sunny weather the entire time! Our photo album is here: ldyjocelyn and hubby visit Ireland And you can see that we had a sunny day for the Cliffs of Mohr!

Topic: Clay's been to Ireland. And he said the dinner moved on the plate!

OMG Karen! It's really not funny, and yet.... :hahaha:

So your dog is a health hazard, but prostitutes are not??? Alrighty then.

If the guy had cleaned up really, really well, it might've gone over a bit better, dontcha think? For me, anyway, it would be the combination of lack of cleaning and knowing what it was that hadn't been cleaned up... EW!!!

Karen you call that a "wee hitch" Geez!

I fully understand about the cupholder situation. My DH wante to buy me a Jaguar but it only had one cup holder! I said no thanks. Hee I have standards...low though they may be!

HELLO from Ireland!

Just wanted to pitch in my 2 cents... (I had to skip a bunch of pages but I saw the Linda Ronstadt mention)

LOVE her standards, saw her concert a few years back when she did those on tour.

Having a great time in Ireland, walked a bunch thru a forest and saw an awesome waterfall today. I have pictures but won't be able to post till later. :)

I am able (thru the magic of international roaming) to send photos from my phone.

Here's where we were the first day - The Cliff of Moher on the West Coast, Co Clare.

http://twitpic.com/5bem7

And on the way north we stopped at this scenic overlook for Glancar Lake above Sligo.

http://twitpic.com/5fo8v

At our cousin's in No Ireland... the sun was out today - first day since we've been here!

TTFN! Going to dinner soon!

Your pictures are gorgeous!!! Ldyjocelyn, wonderful to revisit yours as well. WAH!! I wanna go. :cry4:

Hey! Our boyfriend is RICH! Hee.

forbes.com

The Year's Top-Earning 'Idols'

Evan Hessel and Dirk Smillie, 05.18.09, 06:00 PM EDT

LOS ANGELES -- For Adam Lambert or Kris Allen, winning this week's much-anticipated American Idol finale will mean a short-lived media frenzy and the sudden adoration of millions of fans. It could also mean a big paycheck down the road.

David Cook, the scruffy rocker and winner of the last Idol competition, earned an estimated $2 million since June of 2008. That's a huge boost from what Cook made as a struggling singer-songwriter in Tulsa, Okla., before the winning the Idol crown last May.

Forbes estimates that Cook generated the bulk of his income from the 1.1 million copies sold of his self-titled major label debut album. Cook supplemented his music sales with a live tour and a product sponsorship deal with sneaker maker Skechers.

In Pictures: The Year's Top-Earning 'Idols'

Cook's final competitor, David Archuleta, has also enjoyed a remarkably lucrative year since making it to the Idol finals. Archuleta made an estimated $1.3 million from sales of his first album and more than 100 live concerts.

Yet for a lesson in how to build truly massive riches, the current finalists should study the brief career of season-four winner Carrie Underwood. The farm girl turned songstress has gone on to a hugely lucrative recording, touring and product endorsement career. Underwood raked in an estimated $14 million last year, enough to secure the title of top-earning Idol alum.

With her carefully crafted Nashville pop, Underwood cultivates a massive audience spanning both country and Top 40 fans. Her debut album, Some Hearts, spent 11 weeks in 2007 at the top of the Billboard album charts. Songs from her second effort, Carnival Ride, got massive airplay on both country and adult alternative radio. All told, Underwood has sold 9.6 million albums and 10.7 million digital downloads, according to Nielsen Soundscan.

Along with producing crowd-pleasing albums, Underwood understands the financial importance of hitting the road. She has played more than 300 shows since her Idol win. Each performance brings in about $350,000 to be split between Underwood and the concert promoter, according to Pollstar.

Underwood has also supplemented her recording and touring income with sizable product endorsement payments. She generates tabloid buzz with her personal life--former alleged flames include Dallas Cowboys star Tony Romo and Gossip Girl actor Chace Crawford--but avoids the personal meltdowns that afflict other young female celebrities, making her an ideal pitchwoman for consumer products companies. Vitamin Water, owned by Coca-Cola ( KO - news - people ), pays Underwood to endorse its beverages.

Jennifer Hudson, eliminated midway through the third season, was the second-best paid Idol alum over the past year. Following the show, Hudson smartly bet her best chance and superstardom would come from work that blends her musical and acting talents.

In 2006, Hudson took a supporting role in the film adaptation of the Motown musical Dreamgirls. She won an Academy Award for the performance and has since scored roles in the Sex in the City movie and Winged Creatures, an upcoming indie flick also starring Kate Beckinsale and Forest Whitaker.

Her movie roles, along with a well-regarded album and endorsements from Gap ( GPS - news - people ) and Avon, earned Hudson an estimated $5 million.

Kelly Clarkson, the first Idol champion, holds the title of most albums sold by a show alumnus. The 27-year-old with the powerful voice has sold over 10 million records since 2003, generating a steady stream of cash. Clarkson's All I Ever Wanted, released in March, is currently at No. 17 on the Billboard 200.

Another popular career path for Idol contestants is taking their voices on to Broadway or on tour with roving productions of popular musicals. Clay Aiken, the quirky second-place finisher from the second season, boosted his 2008 earnings by performing on Broadway in the Monty Python musical "Spamalot."

Taylor Hicks, winner of the fifth season, is currently playing the role of Teen Angel in a national tour of Grease. Hicks has also toured extensively as a solo artist and released two solidly popular albums of bluesy tunes.

Constantine Maroulis, who finished sixth place in the fourth season, is the most decorated Idol-turned-Broadway star. This month, he received a Tony nomination for his leading role in "Rock of Ages."

Still, without a big-selling album, endorsement contract or solo tour, Maroulis fell just short of our list of top 10 Idol alums.

As Ms. Underwood can attest, a multi-platform approach is essential to post-Idol riches.

From the photo slideshow accompanying the article:

post-5011-1242687673.jpg

KAndre adds Ireland to her ever-increasing list...

Various versions of favorite songs? Shoot, I still really like the original "Respect" - the one Otis Redding did that no one seems to remember except me - I can vaguely remember him on TV doing it. Kelly's? It made her stand out on the first season of AI for me, but for me her version isn't memorable - she's channeling Aretha using Kelly's voice. And for me, Kelly's voice is good - just not knock my socks off great (and the breathing does work my nerves). But I've always likes different versions of songs - I'll play Ronstandt's Ooh Baby Baby then snap back to Smokey's, enjoy James Taylor's How Sweet It Is and then kick back to Marvin Gaye's. I like great songs sung by great singers - interpretation is key to me. I love song stylists (waves madly at Clay.) Sinatra? Just not my cuppa. I know he was mad talented - and he really did have a good voice...and I really liked the comedies he was in, but if I have to listen to someone from that era, it would be Nat. But then again, I just love the pretty. The obviously pretty. Subtlety not required here.

I would so suck at Survivor. I just don't get it.

I am so shallow - I love a man with money!

I wonder if Clay is the only or among the very few Idol celebrities who have NOT attached themselves to any commercial products. That endorsement income is huge. I remember some years back reading something about the breakdown of Tiger Woods' revenue and the $$$ he made from playing golf paled in comparison to the $$ he was raking in from all his endorsements of products--Nike, et al.

Got Milk? maybe... ^_^

wait. :huh:

yikes. :bolt:

maybe not.... :blush:

If Clay made over 2 million in 2008 then he is pretty much set for life. Good for him.I can't even imagine what he made in 03-04 with the nonstop touring/merchandise cuz that's where the money is made. I wonder how thorough that list is though.

I know AI and all the other reality shows are about manipulation and are scripted, etc....but it has always bugged me that the judges were allowed at rehearsals; just seems if they wanted to present an objective opinion, than they wouldn't see the contestants until the actual performance and we would get an unscripted opinion of the performance. I know not going to happen and that 's not the way the show is set up...but I think it would be a much better show...
this is why I don't like these kinds of shows...too much manipulation and phoniness.

Everything and every person has its good and bad points since nothing is ever simply either black OR white.. So to not watch Idol just because we discover that it isn't entirely what it appears to be, that would be like 'throwing out the baby with the bath water'. That is why I think that those who don't watch it, don't watch for other reasons.... such as perhaps feeling that their precious leisure time can be allocated to something they enjoy more. Idol and its sister-franchises have done more good than bad for undiscovered talent, and while I don't exactly rave about the show, I can't condemn it and I will watch it IF I decide that it is worth my time and interest. I don't watch TV (except for very few shows) and I no longer watch over 90% of the movies most people have seen, so my entertainment hours are allocated differently.

Whilst the ? Got Talent show is not regarded as 'prestigious' as Idol, I prefer to watch it because there is no age limit and restriction about what the talent is....and is very entertaining.

For example...

What other platform can a 16 year old opera singer (who won Aust's Got Talent 2009) find to showcase his talent: (Or a better example might be Paul Potts, who won BGT at the relatively ancient age of 37).

Or this extraordinary 16 year guitarist who won Aust Got Talent in 2009.

Ironically, I don't think it would have been a 'tragedy' for Clay if Idol had never existed because he already had another career path mapped out. But it would have been a 'tragedy' for the rest of us.

p.s. Kelly Clarkson's 'breathiness' doesn't bother me because her powerful voice and delivery of it transcends any little quirk that actually makes her unique. I've heard others point out Clay's singing quirks but I like them, it makes him special.

ETA:

I just heard they are making a movie of Frank Sinatra's life, and the actor shortlisted or actually ear-marked to play him is ... (go on guess...)

Jamie Foxx

. Can this be the O-Factor?

There are WAY too many entertainment options for people these days. Either they like it or they don't (and that goes for artists too) and a lot of people just won't watch reality shows period. The reasons don't really matter and I think that part of it is pretty black and white. I mean I could sit here and go through all the reasons why sports is way more dramatic and breathtaking and entertaining than anything the cleverest script writer could come up with but that's not going to make anyone a sports fan. It will only make Jamar say..I agree :cryingwlaughter: I think you hit the key. Time IS precious so no need to spend it on something you don't like considering that you can order up entertainment these days to suit your own individual taste. Vive la difference.

I think Kelly and K-Lo for that matter are both great singers and their breathiness never bothered me. They just don't sing anything I'm remotely interested in. I support K-Lo anyway but damn I wish she'd sing the type of music I like. Cuz it's all about me.

Californians: Does anyone know what these ballot measures are about tomorrow? heh. I just can't wait NOT to have to see ARNOLD everyday anymore.

Californians: Does anyone know what these ballot measures are about tomorrow? heh. I just can't wait NOT to have to see ARNOLD everyday anymore.

Couchie... everyone I know who knows anything about out state politics say this is a way to get the public to pay for the mess the state government has made. They are really pushing voting "no" on all counts and making the legislature come up with real solutions to the deficit. I trust them, so that's what I'm doing.

Couchie... everyone I know who knows anything about out state politics say this is a way to get the public to pay for the mess the state government has made. They are really pushing voting "no" on all counts and making the legislature come up with real solutions to the deficit. I trust them, so that's what I'm doing.

Of course that is supposing that the legislature is capable of coming up with new innovative solutions if pushed to the wall, because that is what a no vote will do. The 'no' campaign is talk radio generated which makes it suspect to me. Perhaps I feel that way because I work for the University of California. As a union covered state worker I am the "enemy." The campaign is scapegoating at its finest.

I read each proposition and voted according to how I felt about each. Some yes and some no.

NCGurrrl..I pulled out my ballot so will read everything tonight.

I found another friend on Facebook. I haven't seen her in at least 10 years. I love Facebook even if I haven't been there in a couple weeks.

Jamar :hahaha:

djs, sorry to hear that some of your officemates were so nasty. I never had officemates mention or ask about his orientation. They knew I went to shows a lot and sometimes they'd get confused, thinking it was Michael Buble that I was watching though I always set them straight quickly with some rather vigorous head-shaking.

I took the Amtrak from Boston to NYC for the 2003 Thanksgiving Parade with my kids and we all enjoyed it. The ones I really like are the high-speed ones in Europe and Japan.

kf, thanks for the beautiful screencaps!

when I went to my first Clay concert there were one of 3 things people from work would say to me one was I love Clay Aiken his voice is beautiful. I liked Clay Aiken until he started changing his hair (i don't get it either) and 3 do you know he is gay. My good friend David said to the person who said number 3 "What exactly do you think goes on at a Clay Aiken concert?" :lol:

David is the coolest guy ever! When Clay came out he wore a Clay Aiken Joyful noise tour t-shirt to work.

Seems as though just about everyone in the fandom will be attending this year, with no tour on the horizon. Maybe tickets won't be as easy to come by as last year, but I'll find one, come hell or high water.

This kinda skeerin' me. I've never been to one, so I'm one of the ones who has decided to go cuz with no tour...I'm missin' hearing him sing live and I need my "fix".

Alas, a lot of the snark is gone, too many people taking themselves too seriously or something.

Hey nowwwwwwwwwww... there are lots of snarkasses like myself hangin' around yanno! :imgtongue:

Sucksters

Really? That was a board? For real? What were they wanting to suck???? :naughtywag:

IMO, Simon always used Broadway as a gay put-down back in Idol's heyday.

See, now that never occurred to me. In non internet-land, I only had my own impression to go by. The word "gay" never entered my head. I just assumed that he thought that Clay had a great voice but was more suited to singing big power songs on Broadway than being a pop star. Mind you, I never knew until recently that Broadway was associated with "gay" in any way shap or form.

:shrug:

God forbid you ever agree with anything that Simon says.

I've agreed with Simon a few times this year...mind you, he's playing a different Simon this year than he has in the past couple of years. He's actually been the voice of reason quite a few times this year...and sometimes he sounds like he's talking out of his ass just trying to get people going...but not as much this year as in the past.

I still think that he's an arrogant jerk though. ;)

I know many people who are raving about Adam Lambert. If he makes a go of things after Idol, I may check him out.

There is quite a bit of non-Idol Adam stuff on youtube...everything from a religious Broadway style show that's available on DVD to him singing a religious song in...not sure...hebrew or something?...to pop...to a Hard Rock performance art thing a la David Bowie.

I don't understand why it isn't cool to agree with Simon. Sure there are times when he is off target but the guy is no idjit (who did I steal this word from? I love it....)

:pickme: Idgit is a CF trademark, lol.

One of the main reasons I stopped watching the show around the 5th season was I got very bored with the Simon character, and the Ryan character et. al.

I'm glad that they stopped that shit this year...that stupid Simon and Ryan hate each other act they had going. No evidence of that this year.

New UM Clack in the CV vault.

New? Checks post time and date... hmmm..might be... :clap:

I can never forget how he predicted that not only would Carrie Underwood win season #4 but that she would outsell everyone else. I didn't think Carrie could beat Bo Bice, so I was amazed when she won, and now it seems she could pass Kelly Clarkson. I don't think Simon particularly liked country either, but that didn't get in the way of his vision for commercial success. That is all I am saying.

Yet, I also remember him saying re: Kellie Pickler that he liked her better than "the other one from last year"...meaning Carrie. That was before her career took off....and there is Jennifer Hudson...he never saw THAT coming either. Sometimes he's right. Sometimes he's not. Sometimes I agree with him. Sometimes I don't. Overall, I've agreed with him a heck of a lot more than the others this season.

:shrug:

Claytonic... I use idjit all the time, so maybe you stole it from me... s'ok! I didn't patent it and probably stole it from someone else onct upon a time.

:pickme:

Paula giving a critique for a song somebody didn't even sing is proof positive of that to me among other things.

Nah...was decidedly not "all there" last season and she was referring to her notes from that afternoon's practice...meaning, she'd made her mind up at practice how she thought about them.

You know, I do believe that Simon DID see the potential in Clay as a popular recording artist, especially towards the end when Clay's star was shining so brightly... and when he did BOTW Simon said it could win him the competition. Simon also knew that Clay had those extraordinary voting numbers and had never been in the bottom 3.

Also, (correct me if I am wrong), it was immediately announced that BOTH Ruben and Clay would release their albums at the same time, rather than the winner having his album released first, as it the way it is usually done (over here anyway). So to me, it was a huge thumbs up for Clay and they treated him "almost" as if it were a tie. Just the way I saw it, I really felt they were thrilled to potentially have two big stars come out of season 2.

Yup, yup. People only remember the "dissing" but Simon had lots of positive things to say about Clay too.

I really think that the effing up came with the phonelines not being able to handle the volume of calls for Clay and the lines being jammed and Idol not wanting to admit that problem and figuring that they had "2 winners", who were both getting recording contracts, so they decided to not admit a voting "discrepancy".

Oh for Pete's Sake....I wasn't gonna comment on the whole Conan, Ripa shit but it's apparently not going away, lol...

I can't stand Conan. Never could. I've yet to hear one of his comments re: Clay. I heard enough comments re: other people. His face gives me the creeps and I think that he's an ass.

Kelly? Her tirade towards Clay was so unexpected. That's one case where my opinion of somebody really changed overnight. I thought that she was a bit self-centered before and I'd gotten tired of listening to her but it was like that tirade was her showing her real colours and it was not pretty. My opinion of her has nothing to do with what anybody else thinks about her. I just lost all respect for her. Done.

Like djs...I've also been accused of not liking Groban because he's "competition" for Clay. When the reality is that I didn't like his voice before I ever heard Clay's. I don't like operatic voices. Never have....never will.

Ditto. I've liked a couple of his songs but some I haven't. :shrug:

I have never gotten the "you must only like Clay if you are a fan" mentality. Having said that, I do like some of Groban's stuff, and almost always feel like people are looking at me like I've got two heads when I admit to it.

That's just dumb. Idgits.

Posting and going to page 43 later... sorry...no record tonight Couchie.

:lilredani:

I gotta have a shower and do some work for school yet...

:(

I can never forget how he predicted that not only would Carrie Underwood win season #4 but that she would outsell everyone else. I didn't think Carrie could beat Bo Bice, so I was amazed when she won, and now it seems she could pass Kelly Clarkson. I don't think Simon particularly liked country either, but that didn't get in the way of his vision for commercial success. That is all I am saying.

canfly

Yet, I also remember him saying re: Kellie Pickler that he liked her better than "the other one from last year"...meaning Carrie.
That was before her career took off....and there is Jennifer Hudson...he never saw THAT coming either. Sometimes he's right. Sometimes he's not. Sometimes I agree with him. Sometimes I don't. Overall, I've agreed with him a heck of a lot more than the others this season

Are you sure he meant Carrie? I thought he was referring to Jessica Sierra. He told Jessica she lacked the "likability factor"... I thought it was the most cruel comment, I never saw anything about Jessica that made her unlikable, just that perhaps the others appealed more to the viewers. Perhaps it's saying the same thing but to say something so hurtful a young girl in front of a huge audience, I thought it was way below-the-belt.

Claytonic

he definitely was talking about Carrie because he said to Kellie "I like you better than last years winner"

I like Kellie better than Carrie as well :) so in that I agree with Simon

:Iluvclaysbutt:

Reports from tonight:

claygalsal at CV

I was there too, tonight. I have just one question. How can someone sit just 5 rows and an orchestra pit away from Clay Aiken and still have a hard time remembering just what it is like to see him in person? The previous reports were very good in their descriptions. I thought his hair was gorgeous---definitely more like the David Foster hair than what is in the banner above. Did anybody mention the sideburns? Lordy, they were there in all of their glory. I always get a little nervous for him when he is going to speak. That's crazy. He was in his realm tonight on that stage. He just exudes confidence and charm and showed no signs of nervousness. He got lots of laughs when he said to the students something like, "You do not always win." Donna Gregory, the emcee, also said that Parker was the cutest baby she had ever seen except for her little boy, and she also mentioned that Clay was a UNICEF Ambassador. He did get a great reception. The screen that was used to list the schools/students who were nominated for each award also showed the 2009 sponsors for this years awards. Clay's name was listed. The only indivdual person I believe. He was so gracious in recognizing the great job Donna did as emcee. If I come out of this fog during the next hour or so and remember more details, I will post again. I did not see any pictures being made, but I will keep my fingers and toes crossed that someone there got some. Oh, a couple more things----coming out of the fog briefly---it sounded like there was a group of Clay fans there further back from me. They sqeeeeed a bit. LOL And I heard a young high school girl say behind me when Clay was speaking----"He is really cute."

ellenpoppy at CH:

A friend of mine who lives in N.C. attended the show tonight and enjoyed it very much. She said the entire event was wonderful--the kids were very talented. She sent me a report and said it was OK to post it:

Clay looked GORGEOUS tonight! He had on a very dark gray color suit, white shirt and the same tie he wore to the GLAAD Awards. I know we've seen pictures of his recent hair color, but seeing it up close tonight - the color (and cut) is INCREDIBLE! His hair was just like it was at the DF event but honestly, the color is gorgeous. I really wish he would keep it this color.

Of course they saved Clay for the LAST presenter tonight. He gave out the award for Best Musical. But the woman that hosted the evening introduced Clay and she said (remembering from a Clay fog here) "Our next presenter is a real star. Not only has he sold millions of albums, but he's been seen on t.v. numerous times, has authored a best selling book, has just completed his starring role as Sir Robin in Monty Python's Spamalot on Broadway, he is a UNICEF Ambassador, is a father of a beautiful little boy. He is Raleigh's own American Idol. With great pleasure, I introduce Clay Aiken." Clay got a very, very nice reception - lots of clapping and cheers.

He walked out and forget the spotlight on him - he didn't need the light. He was glowing. He talked about how important the performing arts are in communities and that from what he saw on stage tonight, Raleigh will be producing a whole new crop of future stars. (He's right too. The talent was incredible.)

The show will be seen on television (I think it's June 30th) and Clay was going to do the promo for them. They asked him if he would.

Clay attended with Faye.

C4Clay from CV

I was there. I'm sorry. I had a camera with me, but there were signs saying no cameras or recording devices of any kind, and we are cowards (my hubby and I ) so we tried to turn off the flash, and the backlight blanked out Clay's face. Actually, I am so totally mechanically-illiterate, I wouldn't know how to upload it even if I had gotten some good ones.

Our only hope is that another friend who was planning to go and is a good photograper got some good pics.

His hair was sort of slicked back, well, like it was on David Foster and Friends, some scruff on the face. Black tux, white shirt, with black, red and white diagonal-striped tie. As usual, they saved the best for last and he presented the award for outstanding musical. Emcee Donna Gregory gave him a great introduction, pointing out all the 'records' he holds for fastest-selling Christmas album ever, book on the best-seller list for 7 weeks, etc. Audience also gave him a resounding reception. Of course,

he had to mention once again that he was cut was his Senior musical in H.S. He had a little trouble opening the envelope with the winners name, joked about it. It went by fast; that's about all I can report. If you're lucky, someone else who is better at recaps will post.

He walked out and forget the spotlight on him - he didn't need the light, He was glowing

To paraphrase: "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."

Thread title?

Good Morning Everyone,

My last word (hopefully) on this subject...I don't like reality shows period...like I said I find them manipulative and phony...I get that some people enjoy them...obviously they are a very popular genre...just not for me.

Thanks for the reports...glad to hear that Clay was so well-received...keeping fingers crossed for pictures!

151 Days until The BAF Gala!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Various versions of favorite songs? Shoot, I still really like the original "Respect" - the one Otis Redding did that no one seems to remember except me - I can vaguely remember him on TV doing it.

Hey, Couchie, maybe I am the only one who remembers that Hank Ballard actually wrote The Twist, invented the dance, and did the song waaaay better than Chubby Checker did, plus I think Finger-Poppin Time was awesome to dance to.....here is a cool site that lists a lot of the rock and roll greats with A/B sides for their singles

soulfulkindamusic.net

Sucksters - board called Survivor Sucks, they made acrid fun of everything, they started with Survivor, then branched out to other reality shows, sort of like a TwoP with a sometimes very very nasty edge. Some hard-core Clay-haters there.

But one of the funniest pieces of snark ever is from there - Gregoire's Book of Clay, which is stored, along with other funny stuff, here -

CH- Gregoire

That sort of snark is long gone, the innocence has gone, agendas worked their way into skits and funny pieces, FOR ME, that's all I'm saying. For my own personal entertainment, it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

I mean that in the nicest possible way! :-)

Yep, my entertainment time is precious. So I don't evaluate what I watch or care enough about what others watch to comment on it, my time is too precious for that, too, I just go with the flow. There are many reasons to not watch AI or any other show - mine is that it is old and boring and predictable, and I like other shows better. Or I am reading a book or web surfing or working.

I can remember my friends coming over every Friday night after Happy Hour, to watch Dallas - and I never thought it interesting enough to watch with them until maybe the third season, and I liked Falcon Crest better anyway, so at least the TV was on the right channel so I wouldn't miss it.

That's what CMSU about some critiques of who watches or doesn't watch whatever, and why or why not, as if watching TV was some sort of important thing to do. Maybe because I have gone for a year or two at various times with no TV at all because it broke and I couldn't afford to replace it, or that I worked overseas so much and got out of the habit - I just don't think of TV as a cornerstone of my entertainment world. Plus I would rather read a new murder mystery than watch most shows.

I probably have a backlash thing going on from watching TV as a kid, every night was TV night, the viewing was pretty much pre-planned, three hours a night. Most nights my TV is on the meditation or singers and standards, or whatever I feel like that minute radio channel, unless there is something I really want to watch. If I remember, that is. And everything on TV can be replayed forevah, so no urgency there at all.

Thanks for bringing over the news from Clay's appearance last night, I love reading about that stuff.

THANK YOU for bringing over some reports, I thought noone had attended for a while there! Although I see he apparently wore several different outfits during the time he was on stage :hysterical: I'm glad to hear he still has that wonderful hair! :lol:....and I'm thrilled he was able to attend something he obviously enjoyed. :)

when I went to my first Clay concert there were one of 3 things people from work would say to me one was I love Clay Aiken his voice is beautiful. I liked Clay Aiken until he started changing his hair (i don't get it either) and 3 do you know he is gay. My good friend David said to the person who said number 3 "What exactly do you think goes on at a Clay Aiken concert?" :lol:

David is the coolest guy ever! When Clay came out he wore a Clay Aiken Joyful noise tour t-shirt to work.

Now THAT is the best comeback I think I've ever heard for that stupid comment! :hahaha::hahaha: I'll have to remember that one!

Seems as though just about everyone in the fandom will be attending this year, with no tour on the horizon. Maybe tickets won't be as easy to come by as last year, but I'll find one, come hell or high water.

This kinda skeerin' me. I've never been to one, so I'm one of the ones who has decided to go cuz with no tour...I'm missin' hearing him sing live and I need my "fix".

Gee....I hope someone besides me is going to....you know....support the Foundation?

Kelly? Her tirade towards Clay was so unexpected. That's one case where my opinion of somebody really changed overnight. I thought that she was a bit self-centered before and I'd gotten tired of listening to her but it was like that tirade was her showing her real colours and it was not pretty. My opinion of her has nothing to do with what anybody else thinks about her. I just lost all respect for her. Done.

Huh?? When did Kelly ever go on a tirade against Clay?? Something else I've missed, obviously!

Anyone??

I've obviously GOT to stop working and take up Clay-following fulltime! :hubbahubba: