#51: You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken

Thread Title Poll  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay is stil around, getting bigger balls, better hair, and broader shoulders.
    • "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."
    • Simon Says: Shut Up And Sing 2 (Learning to keep mah foot outta mah mouth)
    • Clay Aiken: Just like Timex...takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

Preden
:happybirthday03:

I refuse to admit that I'm more than fifty-two

even if that does make my sons illegitimate.

LADY ASTOR

(May 19, 1879 – May 2, 1964)

There is a poll at http://www.claynewsnetwork.com/

for the best of 6 pics of Jerome and Clay.

The top 3 are easy to pick. A couple of really beautiful pics I had forgotten about.

Good Morning Everyone,

6 Days until Viva Las Vegas with Clay!

yahoo:

11 Days until Clay is Rockin' 30 Rock!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

birthdaygif.gif

PREDEN

post-292-1241353483_thumb.jpgpost-292-1241353247_thumb.jpg

Reed in red!

They must have the body costume on under the raindcoats.

I bet Clay and Reed won't be sharing these clothes anytime soon!

Here is a YouTube video that is really clear....wait till the end!

http://www.mylenefarmer-tour2009.com/

Reed does seem to have somewhat of a featured role in the production...and he looks like he's having fun! That's the main thing.

Why didn't I have any money on Mind that bird.

Merrieee..thanks for that clip! Her voice wasn't what I was expecting for some reason. Go on Reed with your bad self: oh wait, that's taken. :cryingwlaughter:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PREDEN

Anyone here interested in John Cage-inspired electronic/experimental music?? I'm more into the theory and history than the music itself, but this--Live: Terry Riley's "In C," Triumphant Again at Carnegie Hall--interests me because Philip Glass was in the orchestra, and also members of the Kronos Quartet. There were some alternative rockers whose names others might recognize.

Happy Birthday Preden!!!

Happy Sunday everyone else! ;-)

It's a beautiful day here in my neck of the woods - yesterday was beautiful too (spent part of the day at a winery!). And after all the overcast skies and rain we've been having, this is definitely a breath of fresh air! May just take my book out into the back yard and sit in the sun... my vitamin D count is low so I'll be doing it for medicinal purposes... haha.

Loving all the answers over at the OFC. A lot of the questions, not so much... I've actually stopped reading them and it's too bad because I'm sure I'll miss some great ones. But I don't want to wade through all the not so great ones. So I'll just read the ones Clay decides interest him enough to answer and let it go at that... Thanks to everyone noting when he's answering questions again and where to start!

Looking forward to his next appearance even though I won't be there. Thank goodness for Clack! Everyone going - have a great time!!

Interesting costumes in Mylene's concert... clearly she's into putting on an entertaining show... good for her!... and nice legs on Reed.. whew! And where are those loincloths?

This is a good vid to illustrate what Mylene's last tour was like: a deeply moved crowd of both men and women, a variety of musical sounds, and some spectacle: mylenium tour - best of.

Wow! Spectacle is right. The music seems all so similar but if I understood French perhaps I would get more out of it. Her fans obviously adore her and look like they've memorized all her songs.

Something that I noticed it this video and in the videos of from last night's performance is that the dancing is not exciting...a lot of walking about and arm movements...not something that would be challenging for Reed.

merieee

oh very nice ending.

This is a good vid to illustrate what Mylene's last tour was like: a deeply moved crowd of both men and women, a variety of musical sounds, and some spectacle: mylenium tour - best of.

Wow! Spectacle is right. The music seems all so similar but if I understood French perhaps I would get more out of it. Her fans obviously adore her and look like they've memorized all her songs.

Something that I noticed it this video and in the videos of from last night's performance is that the dancing is not exciting...a lot of walking about and arm movements...not something that would be challenging for Reed.

merieee

oh very nice ending.

Thank you for the wonderful birthday wishes!!

So sorry about your loss, Ldyj, it's always difficult to lose a parent. It sounded like she must have been in a great deal of pain. Those who have experienced such loss can identify. Time will help though, as well as love and understanding from those we care about.

I'm just not on the Mylene bandwagon...just don't get it. The costumes are a little OTT and Reed seems to have a lead position.....but the dances are forgettable.....and a tutu???? WTF?

The pageantry and spectacle of Mylene's show reminds me of Britney or Madonna or Beyonce. I'm sure there are others. Still, looks like Reed's having fun and this will look great on his resume! :)

Some of Mylene's French fans found the Reed thread at GCA and have been sharing news and links about the tour. They're just like us with Clay. One of the Mylene fans was worried that we'd think he was crazy for traveling to see 2 of her shows.

Cedric posted this recap of last night's show:

The evening was amazing! The temperature was so high inside that I feared I would not make it through the whole show.

It was scheduled to begin at 9pm. We entered the Nikaia hall at 8:30. It seems everybody had arrived quite early because it looked like we were among the very last people to take our seats. In the audience we saw jean-Paul Gaultier (costume designer), Pacal Negre (Universal Music France CEO), Nathalie Reims (close friend of Mylene, famous book writer and young widow of a talented french movie director).

At about 9:20pm the eye of Mylene appeared on the giant screen. The intro was less impressive than her previous show, but there is much more dancing, more energy, and the crowd was incredible. The costumes were beautiful (to me much better than in 2006 and probably than in 99/2000). The dancers of course were fantastic. At the end when there is a picture of each member of the crew (musicians & dancers) I screamed as loud as I could when it showed Reed Kelly (but it was already the end so my abilities had already vanished, I have no voice anymore!)!

How fun is that? :BlowKiss:

I kind of really liked the Mylene concert dancing, very Vogue or Techno or something.

Looks like a lot of fun!

Curse of the over-analyzed Clay concerts - I kept getting distracted, trying to figure out how many dancers she had and how much it might cost to hire them all and bus them around Europe.

slow day huh? We're still on page one? :)

I've been a bit out of it lately, busy with all kinds of things...

last night we celebrated my niece's 40th bday, she was the flower girl at our wedding when she was six!

to celebrate we all had a private section of a restaurant next to the band and our own bar, with platters of shrimp, cheeses, and veggies provided. our whole bar bill was only $60!

for a gift I sent mrchach out to get 40 one-dollar bills which I was going to put in some kind of cute box. he did me one better! he came back with 40 gold $1 coins which sent us in another direction.

I took a small chest and decorated it in a pirate theme and made a card with the same skull and crossbones that said, "you be 40?" and inside I put "well, shiver me timbers!"

here's a pic of the box:

treasurechest2.jpg

we had a blast at the restaurant after dancing our fool heads off and getting home about 1 am!

on topic, can't wait to see Clay's Vegas performance at DF! I assume some premo clack goddesses will be attending! :fingerscrossed:

eta: well, shiver me timbers - top 'o page two!!

also adding...... Facebook has an option for changing your page into pirate speak, which is what I did several days ago. It really is keeping me entertained! :D

HBD, preden!!!

:happybirthday02:

Whew! Just got back from an attempt at hiking and after all these years in Houston, I just found out the most important thing to know about it -- Do NOT attempt to go hiking after it's been raining for some time! The mosquitoes were Texas-huge and very hungry!!! *itches all over*

*itches all over*

Liquid Benadryl gets right at the itch. I've never tested it with multiple bites, but it works really fast when I have just two or three.

*itches all over*

Liquid Benadryl gets right at the itch. I've never tested it with multiple bites, but it works really fast when I have just two or three.

Hi jmh! Just want to clarify, Liquid Benadryl taken orally or used in place of calamine lotion? I don't have any but there's a CVS right around the corner... :thankyou:

Hey, I actually have some Clay content! :cryingwlaughter:

I was doing the weekly trip to Target yesterday, and along with the Diet Dr. Pepper and shampoo and whatnot, I thought I'd splurge and spend a few bucks on a couple of packs of the American Idol trading cards.

I opened the first pack, and saw the iconic, unmistakable spiky hair!

SCORE!!!

AI-SEAC.jpg

Only not. Bummer.

Nine more chances. Surely I'll get a card from the Runner-up with the burgeoning acting career.

AI_MCFEE.jpg

No, not that one. The guy with the big voice and the crazy enthusiastic fans that range in age from 1 to 100.

AI_ARCH.jpg

Sigh. Not what I'm looking for at all. I want one of the guy whose debut CD went multi-platinum and whose success eclipsed the actual winner's.

AI_DAUG.jpg

YIKES!!11!!1! Still not the ONE. Remember the season that had the two really talented but vastly different guys in the Final Two?

AI_COOK_ARCH.jpg

Just no... I'm losing hope here. :cry4:

My final chance....

Is it?.... Could it be?..... Maybe?

YESYESYESYESYES!!!!! MACK IS BACK IN TOWN!!!!!!

AI_AIKEN_F.jpg

AI_AIKEN_B.jpg

All it cost me was $3.98 plus tax.*

*[i won't mention the hours of effort and the ripped-out hair from trying to get my old printer/scanner to connect to my new laptop, plus the cost of the new scanner when I gave up on the old one. Comedy is hard, y'all. :hahaha: ]