#51: You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken

Thread Title Poll  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay is stil around, getting bigger balls, better hair, and broader shoulders.
    • "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."
    • Simon Says: Shut Up And Sing 2 (Learning to keep mah foot outta mah mouth)
    • Clay Aiken: Just like Timex...takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

And also: "Buckle up, because your ride is just starting and it's guaranteed to be bumpy."

And if it's anything like ours you are not going to want to miss it for the world!

Oh pahleeeease! I may puke glambert all over the place any moment now. So excuse me.

But the dude annoys the crap outta me. From his bad complexion, funky Elvis P. sneer, square jawline (yes I said jawline! LOL), stocky body complete with Greenday (who I flove and now must live with this vision emblazened upon my mind) wardrobe to his Ginormous mouth with fat tongue hanging out while sreaming at me......UGH! :fca:

sowwy

/rant

Hee, but how do you really feel?

I find it kinda funny that we consider $250 a "cheap seat". :P

Yes tell me that, plus all the others expenses involved, but it's worth it and for a good cause.

MTV Movie

Another rewriting of history!

Ruben Studdard

Second season runner-up Ruben Studdard hasn’t done a great deal outside of the music scene since his run on “Idol.” Other than a couple of TV appearances, his biggest splash in Hollywood was a contribution to the soundtrack of “Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed” — a cover of Earth, Wind & Fire’s “Shining Star” — and a live performance of the song in the same.

Clay Aiken

Second season winner Clay Aiken’s work in front of the camera has been limited to television. Technically this feature is supposed to highlight any movie work that past “Idol” contestants have done, but I couldn’t help myself in this case. Aiken appeared in an episode of “Scrubs” shortly after his “Idol” win, but he stepped into the spotlight once again last week with a cameo appearance – one of many that night – on NBC’s “30 Rock.” Aiken’s cameo happened to stand out from the rest because it was revealed that, in the show’s fiction, he is the cousin of lovable NBC page Kenneth Parcell (Jack McBrayer).

MTV Movie

Another rewriting of history!

Ruben Studdard

Second season runner-up Ruben Studdard hasn’t done a great deal outside of the music scene since his run on “Idol.” Other than a couple of TV appearances, his biggest splash in Hollywood was a contribution to the soundtrack of “Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed” — a cover of Earth, Wind & Fire’s “Shining Star” — and a live performance of the song in the same.

Clay Aiken

Second season winner Clay Aiken’s work in front of the camera has been limited to television. Technically this feature is supposed to highlight any movie work that past “Idol” contestants have done, but I couldn’t help myself in this case. Aiken appeared in an episode of “Scrubs” shortly after his “Idol” win, but he stepped into the spotlight once again last week with a cameo appearance – one of many that night – on NBC’s “30 Rock.” Aiken’s cameo happened to stand out from the rest because it was revealed that, in the show’s fiction, he is the cousin of lovable NBC page Kenneth Parcell (Jack McBrayer).

HOLY SHIT! I wonder if MTV will ever correct this?

Now if I am one of those bitches who will attend for the sole purpose of scowling at Clay for his sinful life choices feel free to disparage my motives for attending.

ncgurrl... seriously... people are planning on doing that... after all this time??? I know one who went last year even tho she was mad at him (for lying... yeah, I know... sigh) cause she had always been a big BAF supporter.

Whateveh! TMCHA :cryingwlaughter:

I just want to say how important and very much appreciated all of you are who "give back"!

(((Volunteers))) :clap:

Hee I didn't watch any of AI and to tell you the truth I don't care who wins. I wouldn't recognize Kris if he was on tv and I'm tired of the OTT Adamizing!

Thank goodness, after tonight, we can get back to the real news about the Brangelina or 8 mom or who broke up with whom or what happened or didn't happen to Paris' dog!

AMEN :preachit:

That gives credence to what I said last time that red-haired people must be extraordinary. They're very very special; and if they belong to an endangered species, they should be loved, cared for, and protected!

Save The Redhead Foundation

Ooooh :pickme: I'll volunteer to start a special refuge. I can be ready to take in the most valuable of this near extinct of the species at anytime at my residence. If he should put up a struggle then by all means use a tranquilizer gun in order to safely transport said speciman (and no, I want the entire man, not just his valuable donation)!! Please be advised that if you wish to assist in this project there is a looong line already and it forms BEHIND ME! :lipstick:

treenuts... I cannot believe your altruism!!! :hahaha: You are always thinking of the other guy (redheaded guy, that is). :cryingwlaughter:

post-292-1242834942_thumb.jpgpost-292-1242834957_thumb.jpgI'm not fussy I'll take leftovers and what leftovers!

These are from CV:

Capital Awards

merrieeee... I wonder if Clay got a pang when he looked at that kid? There is just a bit of resemblance to Reed. I hope Clay's on his way to Europe right now!!! He has entertained me a lot the last few weeks... it's his turn to be entertained.

Oh pahleeeease! I may puke glambert all over the place any moment now. So excuse me.

But the dude annoys the crap outta me. From his bad complexion, funky Elvis P. sneer, square jawline (yes I said jawline! LOL), stocky body complete with Greenday (who I flove and now must live with this vision emblazened upon my mind) wardrobe to his Ginormous mouth with fat tongue hanging out while sreaming at me......UGH! :fca:

sowwy

/rant

treenuts... tell us how you really feel... :hahaha: I was talking to someone this morning and they asked about AI. I told them I hadn't watched, but I had listened to a song by each of the top three and liked Danny's the best. He agreed that Danny had the best voice of the three. See, you can be an expert and never watch the show! :hahaha:

merrieeee... O.M.G. This is MTV, not some little thing no one has ever heard of. This on top of the Parade contest that said that who won season 2 was debatable because of phone problems. In a few more years, who won Season 2 will be a great trivia question... :cryingwlaughter:

I wonder if Clay got a pang when he looked at that kid? There is just a bit of resemblance to Reed. I hope Clay's on his way to Europe right now!!! He has entertained me a lot the last few weeks... it's his turn to be entertained.

Hmm! I wonder if he is not there already?

Soo how come the board is loading sooooo sloowwwly?

I can't see any reason at all why people need to justify spending money on Clay/charity/male prostitutes or whatever the hell else they want to spend their own money on.

Now--if they were spending MY money, that would be another story.

Couchie, I am SO going to be at the AI concert to see Adam--and I'm right there praying with your mama.

Couchie, I am SO going to be at the AI concert to see Adam--and I'm right there praying with your mama.

there you go.. she'll be happy to know I found her a date!

YOU could be the date and we could all meet up for dinner before the show.

Sounds like a plan! I've got seats in section 102, row 10. (For which I paid through the nose.)

I can't see any reason at all why people need to justify spending money on Clay/charity/male prostitutes or whatever the hell else they want to spend their own money on.

Now--if they were spending MY money, that would be another story.

I absolutely agree. IMO, spending money is too often an emotional experience and how someone deals with their emotions in this regard (as long as it hurts no one) is totally their business.

I didn't really watch AI except for the odd video here and there until the finals. Just amazing how chalk and cheese the two finalists are - hm... reminds me of another season. I read somewhere that Kris could well win because Danny's miffed fans will try to stop Adam from winning. Adam will have a brilliant career regardless of the outcome, I can totally understand why the judges have been raving about him, he's a music promoter's dream because an Adam Lambert concert would be nothing less than an extravaganza, and he has the vocal ability to back his performance ability. However, I also think Kris is a phenomenal talent, what an amazing musician in every sense of the word. Good luck to both of them.

I know how many feel about AI now but I can only support a 'facility' that unearths such talent for the entertainment world that we are all a part of.

Sorry I am late to the conversation but I thought those of you who can only afford the "cheap seats" at the gala (like me!) would like to know that $50 goes to the meal, facility and other costs and $200 goes directly to the Foundation. That $200 is tax deductible and is not for gala expenses. So it is like you are making a $200 donation to the Foundation.

I attend for both the Foundation and for Clay. BAF gets my time (volunteering) and financial contributions while Clay gets my love, support and enthusiasm. Works for me :)

wandacleo..what venue are you going to? I'm saving my entertainment dollars for the SYTYCD extravaganza. That one has sorta become a family tradition. It's a fun night out and the kids love it.

San Jose--HP Pavilion--on July 12.

OH, I LOVE SYTYCD too!! What month is that?

wandacleo..what venue are you going to? I'm saving my entertainment dollars for the SYTYCD extravaganza. That one has sorta become a family tradition. It's a fun night out and the kids love it.

San Jose--HP Pavilion--on July 12.

OH, I LOVE SYTYCD too!! What month is that?

heee don't know yet..the show starts tomorrow... I'm all up for a date on that one. Surprisingly I struck out on my sister going. She watched AI all season - no I think until her favorite got the boot - but she's not interested in the live show. I thought I'd just pawn ma off on her but no luck. I'll work my way down the family tree until I find someone. :hahaha: Then I guess I'll go in search of a ticket..using all my Jedi skills I've learned being a Clay fan.

Millions of people tuned in to watch Studdard take on Clay Aiken in the finale of the competition. In fact, only the season five closer (won by Taylor Hicks) has drawn more viewers than the 34.2 million who saw Studdard crowned "American Idol."

I didn't realize that AI5 beat AI2 in finale viewers. I would have had that trivia question wrong.....dang it.

I don't think I can handle two hours of this show tonight.....last 5 minutes should do the trick. Now, if Clay were on......3 hours wouldn't be enough. :cryingwlaughter:

Millions of people tuned in to watch Studdard take on Clay Aiken in the finale of the competition. In fact, only the season five closer (won by Taylor Hicks) has drawn more viewers than the 34.2 million who saw Studdard crowned "American Idol."

I didn't realize that AI5 beat AI2 in finale viewers. I would have had that trivia question wrong.....dang it.

I don't think I can handle two hours of this show tonight.....last 5 minutes should do the trick. Now, if Clay were on......3 hours wouldn't be enough. :cryingwlaughter:

The thing is that Clay might have had a teensy bit to do with that one too.

The thing is that Clay might have had a teensy bit to do with that one too.

Yup, as I recall, they did a little creative math to arrive at that statistic--can't remember the details now. BUT, as goldarngirl so aptly said, Clay can be credited either way. Heh.

Interesting topics today... I put 100% of my UW contributions and most of my volunteer hours into the member organizations of the United Way of the Texas Gulf Coast. I choose to do this because I make my living here and I'm a part of this community.

I have primary projects and I tap my friends to help me with them, just like they count on me to help out on theirs. TBAF is the same way for me -- a very worthy project sponsored by someone I respect and if I see that TBAF is hurting badly from the economic downturn, I will probably divert a part of my UW funds to it.

I attend galas other than the TBAF ones and I find that in the most successful ones, majority of the attendees aren't volunteers of the organization. That makes sense to me because I see galas as primarily fund-raising events and so it's a measure of success to be able tap funding sources other than what the group already has. This also give the organization an opportunity to educate others on its goals, promote itself and attract new volunteers.

I'm glad claylove pointed out the breakdown on the $250 contribution. I was about to say that if TBAF is spending $250 on every attendee at the dinner, something is seriously wrong. Usually, the costs of the event are covered by the sponsors and the venue is usually a sponsor as well so the dinner charges are minimal.

There are events that are primarily for the organization and its volunteers, e.g. educational programs, and for those events I think it would be crass for people to bump volunteers out of their seats just for a celebrity sighting.

Not that it matters but don't really know if that's true. I think Season 2 maintained the most viewers. Don't care enough to look it up though.

Ok just took a second -- LA Times

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracke...can-ido-20.html

But the match-up between Cook and Archuleta evidently proved irresistible. In fact, the two-hour episode was the third most-watched "Idol" finale, after the 2006 showdown between Taylor Hicks and Katharine McPhee (36.4 million) and the 2003 face-off between Ruben Studdard and Clay Aiken (38.1 million).

Last year's contest, between Jordin Sparks and Blake Lewis, drew 30.7 million.

gotta love the media...

It is good to hear the $250 tickets have so much going toward the foundation. That $200 is the amount is testimony to the low cost of having the Galas in North Carolina.

merrieeee wanders in singing :I love Paris in the springtime:

Just sayin'

Yep...and I bet Clay has a spring in his step, too, for "Gay" Parieee...And you may "reed" anything you like into that....

Heh...I CMSU. :cryingwlaughter: