#51: You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken

Thread Title Poll  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay is stil around, getting bigger balls, better hair, and broader shoulders.
    • "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."
    • Simon Says: Shut Up And Sing 2 (Learning to keep mah foot outta mah mouth)
    • Clay Aiken: Just like Timex...takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

Via the CH:

Hollywood the Write Way.com

Talking Celebs & More With Laura-Lynn Tyler Thomas

I recently had the opportunity to chat with another professional who interviews the stars just like me. I talked to Laura-Lynn Tyler Thomas, host of the Canadian television show The Daily. Over 90 of Laura-Lynn’s interviews have aired on the Biography Channel Canada and this is only the beginning.

You have interviewed many Hollywood stars, so I just want to ask you about some of the stars that you have interviewed:

<snip>

Clay Aiken

I really liked him, he was extremely personable. He has a very warm heart. One of the questions I asked Clay was what kind of women he would like to marry one day. I heard that people thought he was gay but I wasn't going to make the assumption. He answered that he would like someone like his mom, someone strong, someone that he could respect and admire. I did see a bit of uncomfortableness in the question and I didn't understand why that could be difficult until a lot later. We got a lot of postive feedback from that interview and one of the main reasons is because he went to Africa and took a lot of time to talk about that.

I'm off later this afternoon for a trip with my husband to St. Louis. If you listen to "A Prairie Home Companion" on Saturday evenings (NPR), I'll be at the show! I love Garrison Keillor's humor.

Great tat! I don't suppose it was in honor of Clay though was it? Yea, didn't think so, but it was a kewl thought :cryingwlaughter:

Well, I'm sure she wouldn't have used it if she didn't like and relate to the lyric, but yeah, it is in honour of Clay. She's a huge Clay fan, and has been with me to over 40 Clay concerts/events. On her other leg, she has the outline of the state of NC. :) She got that one done when we were in Raleigh for a concert, because I distinctly remember her coming to the pre-party with the bandage. I think it was right before the Cary JBT!

She's quite a fan. Great story and thanks for filling me in! :)

Since I'm leaving town soon (although I will have the laptop and wireless access, plus my new smart phone)...Thread title poll at the top of the page!

Oh, and since I have the new smart phone -- if there's news this weekend, someone please text me!

ETA: I'm covered...eeeeeee!

Well, considering that Clay DID say that Adam's singing made his ears bleed, I think Adam can be excused making a sassy response. That said, I don't give a rat's ass about this whole Adam and Clay crap, and I'll be so happy when people move on.

Moving on myself, what is Clay doing in Atlanta. THAT, I want to know.

That's how I feel. I don't care what Adam has to say and I'm not going to bother keeping track of his every utterance of Clay or putting him on any list. I've finally seen a picture of him but I've never heard him sing . I will file him away with everyone else. I have nothing against him - he just won't be on my radar.

I guess I understand split loyalties and taking a side. I've just never done it. I loved K-Lo through Idol. I love KLO when she and Clay fight. Their fight has nothing to do with me. I think this goes back to my childhood when me and some friends got into a fight --and we dragged our parents into it. 2 days laters we were back being best of friends but our parents never really made up after that. LOL. I can even understand I guess being upset with Clay..just don't understand why it's a puppy burner or why it's an emotional issue. Loved seeing the who's who of ex Clay fans return to tell us how they really feel though. Personally I don't care. (different from ex Clay fans are lurkers IMO)

I love lurkers but it is disappointing in a year or two if Clay didn't say one good thing or do one good thing to bring you out of the woodwork. But I can't judge cuz one of my best friends is a lurker and I know her reasons why and she loves Clay as much as I do. Love you lurkers.

Whew..feel better now. Modem died last night and am finally reconnected. To make matters worse my cell phone wasn't getting any network coverage -- whatever the hell that means. It was a scary couple of minutes to have no cell and no internet. LOL. I forgot how to use the good old yellow pages - once I found it that is.

If anyone connected to a college student in any way (parent, teacher, college staff, etc) wants to buy a Mac, now might be a good time. The offer of a free iTouch with a computer is back for the summer. People connected to an institution of learning get a discount on Apple products. It is usually about $100 on a computer.

I think it might be a good day to stay here...the knives are already out.

I guess he refuted the NE without saying anything....oh he is orgood!

Sorry I'm so behind in my reading and just now seeing your post, merrieeee, but I can't figure out what the NE means! (Wow, it's serious to get behind here--I'll be awake for the next few days trying to catch up.) Gotta love it!

No doubt the NE is something really obvious, but it just won't 't come to me right now. Probably the Total Clay Immersion that has led to this sieve-for-brains . . . and the usual "Out to Lunch" place I come from.

FCA rocks!

NE = National Enquirer

DUH!! *Slaps forehead* Thanks, luckiest1 !! (Or maybe it's a good thing I managed to forget that NE scabsheet?!)

Eh...the "Clay/Adam" feud is more interesting than the woman with a billion kids whose husband fooled around (how in the world did he make time?) - at least I know Adam's name. Beyond that, don't care. Clay at his worse is nicer than I - just read some of my comments on past AI contestants - hell, read some of my comments on some of Clay's outfits - and I like Clay. Apparently Adam was bitchy because of Clay's critique? OK. Was he amusingly bitchy or just boring bitchy? If boring bitchy, not interested.

It's like this dude who came across PerusingOne and I as we were exiting our hotel on our first day in London. As he passed us on the sidewalk, he said quite clearly, "Fat American!" PO basically looked at each other and went "Huh?" and I scrabbled in my mind to remember if I had kicked any short Englishmen to the curb recently, but it's hard to keep track of these things. Then we made mock of him for the rest of the trip. Clay ignores the brouhaha because I think he's nicer than me; I ignore brouhahas because I generally don't care one way or other about the people making comments.

Oh the best thing about my modem dying was that I got to indulge my current obsession - phone buying. Was able to go touch every phone on my list. LOL. Oh and my chatting with strangers rendered this important nugget - every single phone on my list can be gotten for FREE or up to 200 dollars cheaper at Walmart.com since I'm up for an upgrade. WHO KNEW?

Clay has an iphone. That's on my list. We have a connection.

Coming out of lurkdom to say I love Clay Aiken, always have, always will and that will NEVER change! Just so anyone with any doubt (or who even cares) knows exactly where I stand on the matter. :DoClay:

Adam who?

I'm mostly in the dark about lurkers who only come out to do the OMG He Didn't! thing. Actually, I love that He Does! Who wants a weak, affected, slave to the magazines, milquetoast for a PBF? I'll take a real man, thank you very much.

Lurkers who only come out to cringe? Plasticine and shallow = easily seen through.

Adam who?

He's the Idol runner-up who got a lot of mileage for being the openly gay contestant this year, who now says that his sexuality is something he's going to keep to himself -- that he's a private person. I've heard that somewhere before, I think.

Adam who?

He's the Idol runner-up who got a lot of mileage for being the openly gay contestant this year, who now says that his sexuality is something he's going to keep to himself -- that he's a private person. I've heard that somewhere before, I think.

I'd bet money that it's only until the Rolling Stone issue comes out!

Oh that Adam he is such a peach!

http://www.accesshollywood.com/_article_18546

Don't need a tape measure! Seeing is believing!
:hubbahubba:

Oh that Adam he is such a peach!

http://www.accesshollywood.com/_article_18546

pffffttt... I actually hit this site (yea, I know) and clicked on the Clay photogallery to the right and went thru and rated the pics :cocktail: It was fun, gave the hit to Clay and not what'shisface and I am hoping to rate that one particular Jenna Bush pic outta the system! since "willing it away" hasn't seemed to work thus far :hysterical:

My, isn't Adam just special! American Idol must be really grateful to have had such an established star (with coattails, even!) participate in their little show! And so willing to help the little people!

Bless his itty bitty heart!

My, isn't Adam just special! American Idol must be really grateful to have had such an established star (with coattails, even!) participate in their little show! And so willing to help the little people!

Bless his itty bitty heart!

I take it you mean that in the truest Southern sense of the words?

I say just get out the tape measure and decide definitively whose is bigger.

Except I don't see Adam as anything but a piffle next to Clay, and don't want to give him any more notice if at all possible, on a Clay fan board. His latest charge that Clay is riding on his coattails sealed the deal for me, as far as Adam is concerned. I don't wish him harm, but do wish him out of my world.

Adam is not worth getting out a tape measure for, really. Feh.

I say just get out the tape measure and decide definitively whose is bigger.

Except I don't see Adam as anything but a piffle next to Clay, and don't want to give him any more notice if at all possible, on a Clay fan board. His latest charge that Clay is riding on his coattails sealed the deal for me, as far as Adam is concerned. I don't wish him harm, but do wish him out of my world.

Totally agree. I personally don't care one way or the other about this. And yeah, it's HIS opinion. He's free to express it. I don't have to like it, and probably won't read stuff about it ever again (if I can avoid it).

I'm just tired of the fan war bullshit. Does AI program fans to automatically hate other contestants, no matter the season? And that Clay fans have had 6 years of practice, while the Adam fans are just getting started?

I never was into the fan war crap. Don't intent to start now.