#51: You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken

Thread Title Poll  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay is stil around, getting bigger balls, better hair, and broader shoulders.
    • "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."
    • Simon Says: Shut Up And Sing 2 (Learning to keep mah foot outta mah mouth)
    • Clay Aiken: Just like Timex...takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

You know I was thinking...dangerous I know. Clay is like that pesky favourite nephew. You know the one. The one that is so lovable, looks at you with those adorable eyes, says all the right things but always seems to get into a heap of trouble.

He is the cutest and you can forgive him anything but some times you just want to shake him and say what were you thinking?

He is like a trouble magnet! Even if he doesn't do anything he still can get blamed and when he does actually do it he looks at you with those puppy dog eyes and your heart just melts.

Oh well back to work....at least it is a short week! My DH is home for the week and he's painting our bedroom. Oh boy!

Oh yeah I almost forgot.......I still love Clay Aiken

I dunno, merrieeee, I don't get familial thoughts when he wields those eyes....are you sure YOU do?

LOL

Tsk, tsk...I swear I've seen you drink...admittedly it was freakishly warm Coke (what is it with the lack of ice in London? Warm smoothies are NOT GOOD, London people!)

Weighing in at an extremely late point on all the Clay blogs (hell, me 'n PerusingOne didn't even know who had won AI until Clay sort of told us in the blog)...I don't think Clay said anything to apologize for - and the clarification was appropriate. Not dissing AI people? Hell, I think dissing AI contestants is a worldwide pastime. Goat Girl? Bic Boi? Mikayla? The freakin' girl who went around cawing? And as for artists not criticizing other artists - when was this? Why didn't someone tell McCartney and Lennon? Cobain re: Pearl Jam? DaVinci vs. Michaelangelo? Hell, and I even liked a couple of Adam's performances - and disliked others. I like opinionated Clay (I'm not sure why - it's not like I'm opinionated myself).

And as for artists not criticizing other artists - when was this? Why didn't someone tell McCartney and Lennon? Cobain re: Pearl Jam? DaVinci vs. Michaelangelo?

OK, first of all, I'm simply amazed that KAndre used a freakin' BEATLES reference, considering that she supposedly doesn't even LIKE the Beatles all that much. *g*

But more importantly -- WORD. Yes, maybe Clay's timing wasn't the best for those people who really, really like Adam and feel hurt by his comments. And maybe, if someone had said that kind of stuff about Clay the day after the Anomaly, I might have been rather stunned too.

But then, I've never thought that Clay cared about HIS OWN FANS in that way. He says what's on his mind, people have to deal with it. I still think this whole thing reminds me of the "rotting souls in LA" comments he said in 2005. There was a major ruckus over that too, at least within the fandom, and yet...Clay still survives.

So much of this "uproar" about this is media driven. The media found the story, they ran with it. It probably sold advertising for their sites. What else is new?

I also think some of the unrest within the fandom over his comments are totally career driven. While Clay has said he's going back to the recording studio, there's nothing definite on the horizon -- or nothing that the fans know about anyway. This has always been the straw that breaks the camel's back, to me. If some can't see what he's doing, well, by gosh, he must be doing NOTHING. WTF?!?!?! Never have understood that rationale. And then, add some comments that could conceivably be taken the wrong way, and all hell breaks loose.

Just another fun day/week/month/year in the life of the Clorilla. *waves at couchie*

Warm smoothies? Yuck.

Gosh, I love vacation days. I should be cleaning my house. Guess what? Not.

The warm smoothie (yeah, it was fruit - mango, and something, and something I think they called lady fruit or lady berries or some British thing) was just odd. It didn't taste bad - just not right. And they drive on the wrong side of the road .

I'm proud of the Beatles' mention...did y'all know they were from, like, England? And I think I saw Prince Albert Hall (and not in a can) and some sort of Abbey Road and a sign that said the Beatles were there. Doing what, I don't have a clue. I just like the Beatles' good stuff, like Yellow Submarine and She Loves You, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah! I'm not exactly sure how popular the Beatle are in London because everywhere we went they seemed to be playing 60's R&B. Except in Paris, where they were playing Louis Armstrong's When the Saints Come Marching In.

post-292-1243354078_thumb.jpg

Annnndddd talking of freakish. Whose leg does that? Only Reed's I guess. That guy sure is bendy.

Tsk, tsk...I swear I've seen you drink...admittedly it was freakishly warm Coke (what is it with the lack of ice in London? Warm smoothies are NOT GOOD, London people!)

Ha if it never gets above 70 who needs ice?

Hee Clay Aiken just like Timex...takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

Ahem - when we were running around Sunday, I think it hit like 77. Every day we were there made it above 70. Y'all need some ice! And ice tea.

Annnndddd talking of freakish. Whose leg does that? Only Reed's I guess. That guy sure is bendy.

Ahhhh, the bendy one and the well.....well hung one. They do make a great pair indeedy! I think they remind me a bit of these two:

A funny from CV:

The Gosselin Haircut on Celebs.

A listers with Kate Gosselins haircut. Lookie who is there.

Odd choice of Clay pic to use.

But OMG that Aretha photo really skeeeered me :hysterical:

Ahhhh, the bendy one and the well.....well hung one. They do make a great pair indeedy! I think they remind me a bit of these two:

Gee, those guys look familiar.... :hahaha:

Funny to see which celebs they included for the Gosselin wig. It looked good on Anniston, not so much on the rest. I was happy to see Clay included! Yeah, the Aretha pic was extreeeeemly skeery.

LOVE your car Canfly. It's like the one Gibby and hubby are buying me for my graduation. :hahaha:

Oh, yeah, I guess we'd better get on that for you, Couchie. Now, exactly which school are you graduating from, and what is your degree? I need to know so I can personalize the big card I'm putting in the purdy red convertible.

:cryingwlaughter:

Geeze I have spent the last 3 hours reading phone reviews. I'm more confused than ever. What to do? What to do? Well at least the list is down to 6. The saddest part is that one of the phones that I want is too expensive so it's not on my list -- the same phone that my 9 year old nephew has. That's just ridiculous. He's got a rich auntie and it sure ain't me.

People are amazingly opinionated about phones these days! There are huge arguments about which one is the best. I think it comes down to what features you want in a phone, and personal preference. I have an Xperia, and I love it.

Oooh, canfly! That gorgeous, fluffy kitty in your post some pages back? Looks JUST like my sweet Cinnamon of many years ago....I watched her being born---she had NO siblings, which evidently is rather unusual. She was sooooo sweet and pretty. I miss her.

Gaaaaa....three days of softball this past weekend, 3 games per day.... and yesterday was Carrie's 14th birthday. Holyshit. :huh:

funny thing is

I kinda like that hair on him...

shoot me...

ok...BANG!

sowwy :smartass:

Actually I thought Eminem wasn't half bad. Kind of attractive. :whistling-1:

post-292-1243366764_thumb.jpgCan you telll i am bored. That site is fun.

Clay the bad guy on his return from Paris!

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Can you telll i am bored. That site is fun.

Clay the bad guy on his return from Paris!

BWAH!!

Now a real pic like THAT would definitely get the media's attention!

Hee Clay Aiken just like Timex...takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

merrieeee.... :hubbahubba: to the picture. Thread Title??? to the bolded sentence.

funny thing is

I kinda like that hair on him...

shoot me...

Penny... was there a special reason you left yourself open like that??? Masochistic tendencies??? :cryingwlaughter:BANG!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Gaaaaa....three days of softball this past weekend, 3 games per day.... and yesterday was Carrie's 14th birthday. Holyshit. :huh:

muski... try having your oldest turn 40... I figured that she might be 40, but there is no way I'm old enough to have a 40-yr old DD... Wonder whose she is??? :cryingwlaughter: Seriously, they grow so fast! My DGS graduates HS in June. :huh:

So I'm scrolling through the thread catching up and I see Bottle's post about the AI Cards and I'm sitting here scratching my head...because I was sure I had seen that post before and couldn't figure out why she was buying more cards...well, duh! finally figured out I was in the wrong thread! :cryingwlaughter:

Kim

So I'm scrolling through the thread catching up and I see Bottle's post about the AI Cards and I'm sitting here scratching my head...because I was sure I had seen that post before and couldn't figure out why she was buying more cards...well, duh! finally figured out I was in the wrong thread! :cryingwlaughter:

Kim

There is more than one thread? Who knew!

Just for shits & giggles:

------------------

In a small town the local patrolman was making his evening rounds.

As he was checking a used car lot, he came upon two little old ladies sitting in a used car.

He stopped and asked them why they were sitting there in the car. Were they trying to steal it?

'Heavens no, we bought it.'

'Then why don't you drive it away.'

'We can't drive.'

'Then why did you buy it?'

'We were told that if we bought a used car here we'd get screwed, so we're just waiting.

--------------------

:naughtywag: