#51: You go on with your bad self, Mr. Aiken

Thread Title Poll  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• Clay is stil around, getting bigger balls, better hair, and broader shoulders.
    • "He doesn't need the spotlight. He just glows."
    • Simon Says: Shut Up And Sing 2 (Learning to keep mah foot outta mah mouth)
    • Clay Aiken: Just like Timex...takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'

547023972_ANbVR-M.jpg

That is seriously amazing! I think Mylene has Kate Gosselin's hair.

I did a bunch of research into cell phones last week, but in the end I threw in the towel and bought a reloadable SIM card for the phone I brought with me from Baku....the basic Nokia. I think most of my calling nowadays is done on Skype.

Canfly you have a beautiful kitty! The car's not bad either. The plane on the other hand, reminds me of my days in Alaska....it was a little scary....but then again, it could get a person to Anchorage in half an hour.

So, I'm reading "Girls Like Us" on the recommendation it got here. I'm enjoying it very much but somewhere along the way my freaking chronic earworm has returned. I'm not sure if it was the Joni Mitchell part I was reading or the fact that Clay was there but "A Free Man in Paris" has been going around in my head over and over for three days now. The last time it got me...probably five years ago, I think it lasted a year. I learned to live with it, but dammit I didn't want it to come back. How does this happen? It's always that one song! I've been trying very hard not to think about it....maybe a few go rounds with Ring of Fire will cure me.

Liney23, when you posted that Red Bank picture last night, you reminded me that I never did upload more than a handful of photos from that night (and one or two more 2007 shows). I guess it's time, eh?

I've updated Sally's adventures in the whorehouse in case you're interested.

From treenuts....

In a small town the local patrolman was making his evening rounds.

As he was checking a used car lot, he came upon two little old ladies sitting in a used car.

He stopped and asked them why they were sitting there in the car. Were they trying to steal it?

As he was checking a used car lot, he came upon two little old ladies sitting in a used car.

He stopped and asked them why they were sitting there in the car. Were they trying to steal it?

'Heavens no, we bought it.'

'Then why don't you drive it away.'

'We can't drive.'

'Then why did you buy it?'

'We were told that if we bought a used car here we'd get screwed, so we're just waiting.

Hey! The same could be said for my driveway....

547023972_ANbVR-M.jpg

Well, not exactly KG's hair...

Mylene's 'do from the front. (She really is a beautiful woman.)

Hairfront.jpg

And then it gets a bit funky in the back.

Skullhair.jpg

As always, loved your blog! :flirtysmile3: Just not in a way that involves lube or massage oils, though.

"We were told that if we bought a used car here we'd get screwed, so we're just waiting."

that involves lube or massage oils,

Wait, what's this? Some kind of party (code for orgy) in Kareneh's driveway?

And merrieeee will be cell certing it?

Wow, can I cumcome too?! :pickme: I'll bring dip.

547023972_ANbVR-M.jpg

I did a bunch of research into cell phones last week, but in the end I threw in the towel and bought a reloadable SIM card for the phone I brought with me from Baku....the basic Nokia. I think most of my calling nowadays is done on Skype.

Canfly you have a beautiful kitty! The car's not bad either. The plane on the other hand, reminds me of my days in Alaska....it was a little scary....but then again, it could get a person to Anchorage in half an hour.

So, I'm reading "Girls Like Us" on the recommendation it got here. I'm enjoying it very much but somewhere along the way my freaking chronic earworm has returned. I'm not sure if it was the Joni Mitchell part I was reading or the fact that Clay was there but "A Free Man in Paris" has been going around in my head over and over for three days now. The last time it got me...probably five years ago, I think it lasted a year. I learned to live with it, but dammit I didn't want it to come back. How does this happen? It's always that one song! I've been trying very hard not to think about it....maybe a few go rounds with Ring of Fire will cure me.

Liney23, when you posted that Red Bank picture last night, you reminded me that I never did upload more than a handful of photos from that night (and one or two more 2007 shows). I guess it's time, eh?

I've updated Sally's adventures in the whorehouse in case you're interested.

From treenuts....

'Heavens no, we bought it.'

'Then why don't you drive it away.'

'We can't drive.'

'Then why did you buy it?'

'We were told that if we bought a used car here we'd get screwed, so we're just waiting.

Kareneh... the new house is gorgeous... I hope you can make it comfortable to be there. If you can find a bundle of sage at a metaphysical bookstore (which I know they have over there), smudging chases out negative energy and will lift the resonance of the house and make it yours. I know whereof I speak... :cryingwlaughter: Honest!!!

treenuts... :hahaha::hahaha:

Had a verra verra niiiice dinner with Permaswooned tonight. Great fun, as usual!!! :BlowKiss: Heard how she got to reshelve a LOT of books after our last quake and how a bus/train to Fresno only cost $27 and change and how great Clay was in Vegas!!!

Holy crap, bottlecap! Talk about taking a bad hair day head on! That "do" is truly frightening, and yet, intriguing all at the same time.

Speaking of which, my first night alone passed without incident. There will be cleaners here in half an hour which I find somewhat daunting....I don't know why. I should, but I WILL NOT, look under the sofas.

liney23, I take it that fresh sage that they sell at the grocery here isn't the same thing? And how exactly does one smudge? Is that what one uses a smudge pot for? I know that sounds dumb but I'm learning the more questions you ask, the better.

Good Morning Everyone,

143 Days until The BAF Gala!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Wheeeee, I got my OFC package yesterday! Love the travel mug, I will put it to good use. :)

Cool, maybe it'll hit my rural mailbox sometime soon!

You should get it this week, a lot of canadians are getting theirs!

Oh, my god, Karen Eh?...you dropped that story off like it was no big deal, but that was one of the funniest, most unexpected stories I've read in a good, long while! NICE ladies! :) LOL

From today's NY Times:

May 27, 2009

AT&T May Have Swayed ‘Idol’ Results

By EDWARD WYATT

LOS ANGELES — AT&T, one of the biggest corporate sponsors of “American Idol,” might have influenced the outcome of this year’s competition by providing phones for free text-messaging services and lessons in casting blocks of votes at parties organized by fans of Kris Allen, the Arkansas singer who was the winner of the show last week.

Representatives of AT&T, whose mobile phone network is the only one that can be used to cast “American Idol” votes via text message, provided the free text-messaging services at two parties in Arkansas after the final performance episode of “American Idol” last week, according to the company and people at the events.

There appear to have been no similar efforts to provide free texting services to supporters of Adam Lambert, who finished as the runner-up to Mr. Allen.

Since then, angry supporters of Mr. Lambert have flooded online chat boards with messages claiming irregularities in the competition’s voting.

Officials of Fox Broadcasting declined to discuss the situation. In a statement issued Tuesday, a spokesman for AT&T said, “In Arkansas, we were invited to attend the local watch parties organized by the community. A few local employees brought a small number of demo phones with them and provided texting tutorials to those who were interested.”

Details of the voting support were first reported last week in an article in The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.

Representatives of AT&T helped fans of Mr. Allen at the two Arkansas events by providing instructions on how to send 10 or more text messages at the press of a single button, known as power texts. Power texts have an exponentially greater effect on voting than do single text messages or calls to the show’s toll-free phone lines. The efforts appear to run afoul of “American Idol” voting rules in two ways. The show broadcasts an on-screen statement at the end of each episode warning that blocks of votes cast using “technical enhancements” that unfairly influence the outcome of voting can be thrown out.

And the show regularly states that text voting is open only to AT&T subscribers and is subject to normal rates.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/27/business...ml?_r=1&hpw

Looks like Idol and corporate sponsor AT&T may have some 'splainin to do.

I read this morning that Lily Allen blasted Susan Boyle, saying that she has a nice voice, but no timing or breath control and insinuating that she's being exploited.

Maybe this isn't a good day for Simon Cowell..... but,

Kelly Clarkson to the rescue! Kelly says that she loves Susan Boyle and that Susan's singing makes her bawl; and added that she still watches Idol and doesn't have any problem at all with the contestants having past show-biz experience. And then .....

Adam Lambert says his album is in the works -- he's writing much of it himself -- it's going to be futuristic rock-techno-dance -- and he believes he's creating a new genre in the industry. Now, from what I know, rock-techno-dance isn't new, so it must be the "futuristic" part he's bringing? Somehow I don't see this as an industry game-changer. But it does seem altogether arrogant, in a Madonna kind of way. Oh, and he wants to work with Madonna -- doing some fresh 1980's music.

Wanna know what I think, bottom line ......

Idol's fucked. They have "raised the bar" with these inside baseball finalists for the past few years, and all the glitz and glamour -- and the golden goose is over in a corner somewhere out of eggs.

rock-techno-dance

Duh! Ministry of Sound anyone?

Techno is soo yesterday! I have not seen AL more than once, didn't like his style and all I seem to read about him now makes him come off a a little arrogant. Am I missreading this?

Techno is soo yesterday! I have not seen AL more than once, didn't like his style and all I seem to read about him now makes him come off a a little arrogant. Am I missreading this?

Bwah! Depends on who you are a fan of....and this stuff happens every.single.year.

Things will settle down soon, I am sure.

Holy crap, bottlecap! Talk about taking a bad hair day head on! That "do" is truly frightening, and yet, intriguing all at the same time.

Speaking of which, my first night alone passed without incident. There will be cleaners here in half an hour which I find somewhat daunting....I don't know why. I should, but I WILL NOT, look under the sofas.

liney23, I take it that fresh sage that they sell at the grocery here isn't the same thing? And how exactly does one smudge? Is that what one uses a smudge pot for? I know that sounds dumb but I'm learning the more questions you ask, the better.

Kareneh... no, it is dried sage tied in a bundle, which is why you usually find it in a metaphysical bookstore. Sometimes healthfood stores carry it. You set it on fire, but blow the fire out so it is just smoking. You put a pie tin or something under it what will catch any ashes and wave the smoke into each corner of each room, including closets, etc. It smells great and chases any negatively away. Has been used that way by many peoples. There are other herbs that can be used besides sage, but that's the most commonly used one.

Clayzycoffin... :bdayparty2:

rock-techno-dance

merrieeee.... isn't that what others have been saying about Adam for awhile now???? Especially one particular other... :cryingwlaughter:

Gosh i do to try to keep an open mind but I am wondering what happened to, like the actual winner of the show!

All I see is AL, like he is being pushed down my throat and if I saw a pic of Kris (last name?) I wouldn't recognize him unless he was with AL.

Adam Lambert says his album is in the works -- he's writing much of it himself -- it's going to be futuristic rock-techno-dance -- and he believes he's creating a new genre in the industry. Now, from what I know, rock-techno-dance isn't new, so it must be the "futuristic" part he's bringing? Somehow I don't see this as an industry game-changer. But it does seem altogether arrogant, in a Madonna kind of way. Oh, and he wants to work with Madonna -- doing some fresh 1980's music.
Bwah!

Well here's all I hear in the first part of that--> :wordpooper::wordpooper::wordpooper:

Too bad this guy doesn't think very much of himself.

How DOES he carry that ego around all day? :whistling-1:

You should get it this week, a lot of canadians are getting theirs

I am sorry but that sentence is open to sooo many interpretations! :hahaha:

LOL!!!

darn I wish I was Canadian so Clay could give it to me.

rock-techno-dance

That CD sounds very much like the one Blake Lewis made the runner up from season six

Gosh i do to try to keep an open mind but I am wondering what happened to, like the actual winner of the show!

All I see is AL, like he is being pushed down my throat and if I saw a pic of Kris (last name?) I wouldn't recognize him unless he was with AL.

Kris Allen I voted for him. He was one of my favorites. He is very humble singer/songwriter type. I hope he has some success and doesn't become the winner who stole Adam's crown.

As for the ATT thing those thing have been happening for years now. I have seen them posted on the Idol boards a lot. Also there is software for international fans to buy if they want to vote. I like the show but don't care that much who wins or not to go that far. Heck when I power vote I think 5 is good :lol: and from a landline.