#53: God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• I've never liked anything as much as I like Clay Aiken.
    • Is it "yet" yet?
    • How do you compare wonderful to awesome?
    • Clay is like a box of chocolates? (with a pickle on the side)
    • He's gonna look hot for decades.
    • I don't care what he sings. I just want a concert.
    • I love when he's in the mood!

Wheeeeeeeeee!!! Euro-Creed. It is disgusting just how happy one little picture can make me. *bounces up and down*

On the Marriott breakfast brouhaha - I sure hope BAF gets a helluva deal from these people, because they really do suck (and not in the positive, life affirming way :P) On the other hand, it looks like I will be staying at the Sheraton (provided the ticket god smiles upon me) and they have a deal on at the moment that may benefit the older more seasoned travelers. If you stay two or three nights you pay $99 for the first night, and the year of your birth (last two digits) for the second and third.

ETA: :lol: what's with our guy in the sweater and long jeans....and the rest in shorts and T's??? :hysterical:

Actually, Reed has his jacket in his lap*. I think our Carolina Guy has thinner blood than the Minnesota Dewd.

:onFire: vs. :freezing:

(*I recognize the striped sleeve from other pictures of Reed wearing the same sweatshirt. Yeah, I don't wanna know what that says about me. :rolleyes: )

Yeah, right - it's probably another sweater for Clay, just in case! :cryingwlaughter:

When I was whining around about wanting new pictures this morning, I was thinking about Clay. Instead, it looks like Reed was inspired to change his profile picture (publicly viewable), and I'm not complaining one bit.

Mostly because I think I swallowed my tongue. :hubbahubba:

th_camoshorts.jpg

Double-click. Seriously, just do it.

bottle... O.M.G.... :Thud:

If I can be coherent after that picture of Reed...

KAndre... :bdayparty2::bdayparty2: May the bling rain down on you as you so richly deserve!!!

tree.... THANKS for the new picture! I love that man... cute goosebumpy sweatered body and all! :cryingwlaughter:

Hello everyone :)

I hope you are able to work out your gala breakfast. Seems odd for a hotel to cancel on you like that. You will probably find a better place.

We have had a thunder storm every day this week except for the one day that I had to work a double (of course :lol:).

in sort of Clay related news (not really)

Jon Huntsman, the Governor of Utah, has been nominated to be ambassador to China. This means that the Lt. Governor, Carmen Rasmusen's father-in-law Gary Herbert, will become the Governor of Utah. According to Deseret News, Carmen is to sing the national anthem at his inauguration. :)

Okay, this is probably the most OT post I've ever made, but I need an answer fairly quickly. Any Excel experts out there? I have a price list spreadsheet, and they want to increase all the prices by 10%. I know how to do a formula to calculate in a new column, but I don't want another column. I want the numbers that exist now to change. Is that possible? PM me if you can help, pleeeeeease????

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Ummm.... Clay Excels at everything he tries? :flirtysmile3:

Annnnnnnd...

kandrebday.gif

Wheeeeeeeeee!!! Euro-Creed.
BWAH!

tree.... THANKS for the new picture! I love that man... cute goosebumpy sweatered body and all! :cryingwlaughter:
My pleasure!! :BlowKiss:

According to Deseret News, Carmen is to sing the national anthem at his inauguration.
Oh my :whistling-1:

Okay, this is probably the most OT post I've ever made, but I need an answer fairly quickly. Any Excel experts out there? I have a price list spreadsheet, and they want to increase all the prices by 10%. I know how to do a formula to calculate in a new column, but I don't want another column. I want the numbers that exist now to change. Is that possible? PM me if you can help, pleeeeeease????

You've probably already got this happening...but the only thing I can think of is to create another column...put your formula (column X * 1.10) in it and drag it down....then copy/paste values in the NEW column so it isn't depending on the old one....and delete the old one.

ETA: oops, just noticed you needed a PM....done.

Thanks, Claygary - after a couple hours of trying, I guess I finally asked Google the right question, and I found a super-easy way to do it. God Bless Google!

Thanks for trying to help me :bighug:

ETA: :lol: what's with our guy in the sweater and long jeans....and the rest in shorts and T's??? :hysterical:

Actually, Reed has his jacket in his lap*. I think our Carolina Guy has thinner blood than the Minnesota Dewd.

:onFire: vs. :freezing:

(*I recognize the striped sleeve from other pictures of Reed wearing the same sweatshirt. Yeah, I don't wanna know what that says about me. :rolleyes: )

Yeah, right - it's probably another sweater for Clay, just in case! :cryingwlaughter:

th_noImnotquiteawakeyet.jpg From Day 2 in Paris, mid-April. So there.... :hahaha:

Seriously, Clay, dewd.... When I can identify items from your BF's wardrobe based only on a glimpse of sleeve, you need to do SOMETHING to entertain me - like sing or tour or get a TV gig. :P

So, I have a quick question: Does anyone have the full-length Kimmel Invisible when Clay was promoting ATDW?

Here ya go, Clayzy-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKmc_Nxlwpc

Well since it's so slow I'm bringing this over from 2 pages back to make sure Clayzy sees it. And anyone else who may be looking for some clack to pass the time! This was a really good performance and the first time I had ever seen him strut across a stage like that or even on a late night show. Seriously :flirtysmile3:

First and foremost.... love the pic of Clay and Reed!!!

FromClaygary, I am so sorry about the Mariott but cannot say I am suprised. That is a horrid hotel as far as customer service goes IMO. I am thinking BAF must get quite a bit comped or donated.

I think the Sheraton would be a good 2nd choice if they have the space. I don't think they have a private room though. There is a restaurant there on the 2nd floor called The Grove Cafe and they have a breakfast buffet for $12. If would like me to give them a call I would be glad to, just need to know apprx how many people we have.

Most of the restaurants downtown that are within walking distance do not open for breakfast, so it could be a challenge.

If people are renting cars, then there are many more places in Raleigh but outside of downtown.

Those are just my thoughts...

So, even before the 30 Rock cameo, I had been keeping an eye out for TV gigs for Clay. (What do you mean I'm not his agent? B) ) Anyway, I was thinking about the return of Scrubs, until they announced they were changing the show's premise from residents in a hospital to students at a medical school. I thought: "Eh, Clay's probably a little too old to play a medical student." And then I read about the parts Scrubs is casting in a blog on EW.com:

LUCY: A 22-year-old, all-American girl from a working class family. Her entire family has sacrificed all their hopes and dreams on her success. She has a nervous habit of lying about mundane things in an effort to connect with people. Series regular.

DREW: A 30-year-old scruffy yet attractive student. Think a younger Bill Murray. This is his last shot of making a go of this med school thing – and he knows it. On the surface he's cool and a bit of a wise-ass. Deep down, he's neurotic and terrified of failing again. Series regular.

COLE: A 22-year-old charming, conservative, insanely entitled med student. Seems like a sweetheart at first but he's really an ass. His wealthy family donated a wing to the med school and he has a residency slot waiting for him at Sacred Heart when he graduates. Competitive, manipulative, reckless and an enormous irritant to Dr. Cox. Series regular.

I'll be awaiting my comission when Clay lands the part. :whistling-1:

Most of the restaurants downtown that are within walking distance do not open for breakfast, so it could be a challenge.

Most of the restaurants downtown are closed on Sundays.

First and foremost.... love the pic of Clay and Reed!!!

FromClaygary, I am so sorry about the Mariott but cannot say I am suprised. That is a horrid hotel as far as customer service goes IMO. I am thinking BAF must get quite a bit comped or donated.

I think the Sheraton would be a good 2nd choice if they have the space. I don't think they have a private room though. There is a restaurant there on the 2nd floor called The Grove Cafe and they have a breakfast buffet for $12. If would like me to give them a call I would be glad to, just need to know apprx how many people we have.

If people are renting cars, then there are many more places in Raleigh but outside of downtown.

Those are just my thoughts...

(((claylove)))

No, I'm not at all surprised either....remember trying to get into that dining room with gmb last year? Good Gawd.

That's why I didn't just "trust" that it was taken care of, and kept checking....thank goodness.

I do have an email in to the Sheraton....my remembrance of the Grove Cafe is that it seated about 20-30 people though....and I suspect that our taking it over completely (we are 52 currently) would not be appreciated. It was busy in 2007, I remember, in the AM as it is the only resource for people staying at the hotel.

There was another option listed at the Sheraton....the Club Room? I've asked them about that, or for other suggestions.

I have a printed-off list of downtown restaurants from the Tourism Raleigh site; it shows a few that do breakfast. Here's the list, cuz I know you know better than I do!

101 Lounge & Cafe in Moore Square

Big Ed's City Market Restaurant (City Market)

Cafe Carolina and Bakery on Fayetteville

Lighthouse Restaurant on Fayetteville

Manhattan Cafe "

I was thinking it might be problematic that it's Sunday....they might do breakfast during the week, but not on the weekend.

Any thoughts?

ETA: jmh123, exactly.....that's what I was thinking.

Are there other large hotels downtown that might have a restaurant? (back to the tourism site....)

Are there other large hotels downtown that might have a restaurant? (back to the tourism site....)

The only one within walking distance is the Sheraton. If people carpooled and drove, that would open up more options.

jmh or claylove, what about the Clarion? It's at 320 Hillsborough.....

Too far to walk. Don't know anything specific about the hotel.

Why am I tempted to throw a couple of camp stoves in the back of my Vibe and cook up an outdoor breakfast for 50 in the parking lot?

Just a thought. I'm not planning on getting tickets to the Gala, but was seriously considering driving up just to see you guys.

ETA: Has anyone looked into having a continental breakfast catered into a meeting room at one of the hotels?

Why am I tempted to throw a couple of camp stoves in the back of my Vibe and cook up an outdoor breakfast for 50 in the parking lot?

Just a thought. I'm not planning on getting tickets to the Gala, but was seriously considering driving up just to see you guys.

Done!! :hysterical:......I'll bring the sausages! We'll stage a sit-out in protest against the Marriott!! :lol: In THEIR parking lot!

ETA: that's what we're probably looking at at the Sheraton, kimiye....I wouldn't trust the Marriott for that.

Unlike the others you listed, FromClaygary, 101 Cafe is actually open for brunch on Sunday, starting at 11 am.

Our upstairs lounge with multimedia capabilities is available for parties, meetings + catered events. Please email events@101lounge.com to find out how 101 can host or cater your next meeting or private party

Unlike the others you listed, FromClaygary, 101 Cafe is actually open for brunch on Sunday, starting at 11 am.

Our upstairs lounge with multimedia capabilities is available for parties, meetings + catered events. Please email events@101lounge.com to find out how 101 can host or cater your next meeting or private party

Awesome, thank you! I'll email them tomorrow!! Too bad it's not til 11 AM....but we might have to go with that. I wonder if they would consider an earlier start? Hmmmmm......

Awesome, thank you! I'll email them tomorrow!! Too bad it's not til 11 AM....but we might have to go with that. I wonder if they would consider an earlier start? Hmmmmm......

Can you also ask if their 2nd floor is accessible??

Maybe we also need to figure out how many people are renting cars/using shuttles in case we need to go outside of downtown.

ETA: Tir Na Nog (the irish pub we went to lunch on Sat afternoon last year) also has a breakfast buffet starting at 10:30 am on Sunday:

http://www.tnnirishpub.com/menus/sunday-brunch