#53: God, I love that man. He rocks my socks.

ldyjocelyn

Next Thread Title  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA

• I've never liked anything as much as I like Clay Aiken.
    • Is it "yet" yet?
    • How do you compare wonderful to awesome?
    • Clay is like a box of chocolates? (with a pickle on the side)
    • He's gonna look hot for decades.
    • I don't care what he sings. I just want a concert.
    • I love when he's in the mood!

I was going through my box of specials for LWLHD (and was distracted. one can get lost/mesmerized indefinitely) I hope mine isn't a copy. Does anyone know how to tell a real one from a fake? (and I could scan it, if y'all think it's real)

3768046086_f73ce0ce4c.jpg

I was going through my box of specials for LWLHD (and was distracted. one can get lost/mesmerized indefinitely) I hope mine isn't a copy. Does anyone know how to tell a real one from a fake? (and I could scan it, if y'all think it's real)

Yours looks ok to me. The lettering on the disc should be raised to the touch.

I bought nine of those things during the show.

I gave them all away except for my personal one.

I was going through my box of specials for LWLHD (and was distracted. one can get lost/mesmerized indefinitely) I hope mine isn't a copy. Does anyone know how to tell a real one from a fake?

Well, mine says TDK near the center, lol and is bluish on the back and you can see the burned area from the unburned area and the label isn't quite centered and has a slight greenish cast to it, lol. Mine was a BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD copy.

I have what I hope is a real one. It's sealed and I ain't openin' it, lol.

The good thing about the fake, is that I didn't care about taking around in the car on the road, lol...the bad thing? I spent 75 bucks on it.

Well, the label on my fake was printed on a printer/copier obviously, lol. I've never seen a real one "opened".

During what show? AI2?

I didn't have interent back then, so I didn't find out about the CD until late 2003 when I bought burned mp3s from those people who were making 25 to 35 bucks or so but at the time, I knew of no other way. That reminds me...I'm supposed to be making copies for GDG of my 22 DVD set of AI2 that I bought on ebay that some guy made. Much better quality than downloads. Not saying what I paid for it...or all of the 2003 and 2004 TV appearances on DVD either. I didn't learn about clack sites until after I bought some magazine from Spooky on ebay and she enlightened me. At the time it was ATCA.

Gotta clean house and find the DVDs.

Not right now, lol.

Well, the label on my fake was printed on a printer/copier obviously, lol. I've never seen a real one "opened".

During what show? AI2?

I didn't have interent back then, so I didn't find out about the CD until late 2003 when I bought burned mp3s from those people who were making 25 to 35 bucks or so but at the time, I knew of no other way. That reminds me...I'm supposed to be making copies for GDG of my 22 DVD set of AI2 that I bought on ebay that some guy made. Much better quality than downloads. Not saying what I paid for it...or all of the 2003 and 2004 TV appearances on DVD either. I didn't learn about clack sites until after I bought some magazine from Spooky on ebay and she enlightened me. At the time it was ATCA.

Gotta clean house and find the DVDs.

Not right now, lol.

Yes, during AI2. I was in love. I bought them and gave them to family and friends. Then I burned more and gave them away also.

I gave them all away except for my personal one.

Thanks, ncgurrl! Yes, the letters are raised. I guess this is probably good then. Just for validation, could you check the back?

3767296983_974a39cdbc.jpg

I was going to post full scans of each side but I suddenly thought that counterfeits could be created from them -- what do we need these for and could I put a watermark to make sure the files I post don't get used to produce fakes? (not that any of our members would but we have an open board and anyone who has an Internet connection could pick them up)

ETA: Thanks again, ncgurrl! :thankyou:

ETAA: To re-add back picture (must have taken it out with my edit)...

:GM_FCA:

81 Days until The BAF Gala!

:yahoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Oh my gosh I did not even think about the possibility of scans being used to make counterfeits! I just wanted a copy of the CD Cover to put the Album Art in my itunes library.

Me neither! I think we're just not evil enough.:hysterical:

Let me know if you would still like it, or if you're good with what was here.

Tribeca, I bought the first one a while ago and it is real. I always wondered what it meant being it's a different label.

I might bid on the second. It was issued in the shape of a duck so I doubt that it is a fake.

good luck hope you win it :)

I never knew about that Ugly Duckling that is very cute I think.

Thanks. There are so many Clay related things on ebay. I remember there was going going to be an auction here for BAF but I think I missed it. I was interested in what Playbiller was going to sell since she said she had interesting Clay Aiken stuff :)

Does anyone know why Clay Aiken is listed under United Kingdom in the Chrysalis Music Around the World?

tribeca, our FCA auction has not yet taken place :)

I was on the organizing committee, and still have the information; but I think a few things happened, probably:

1. We needed people to help, and not many had the time at that point.

2. Another B/A group was and still is doing auctions on ebay, so it was a bit redundant just then.

3. BAF's name change came up

I'm still able and willing! Couchie, maybe when you get back, you could jump in here and correct me?

Does anyone know why Clay Aiken is listed under United Kingdom in the Chrysalis Music Around the World?

I think it had to do with the writers of the songs, not the singers.

Interesting reading about all the ebay items this morning. Especially the Ugly Duckling promo in the shape of a duck. Too cute! I would have thought the winning bid would have been higher.

I wonder if Clay attended the Raleigh Town Hall Meeting today! I can't imagine him passing up an opportunity like that if at all possible :dancetom:

Time for a musical interlude? Here are two of my favorite Clay montages!

This is set to Clay singing "If You Don't Know Me By Now" which I think is amazing!!

This one is really great FUN set to "Sex Bomb" :whistling-1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgK0yo9rvL0

:GA_FCA:

I posted a new Carolina On My Mind blog that celebrates the sixth birthday of TBAF, as well as the special day of FCA member and my friend Sally. Featured are "Miracle of the Moment," a montage by LovesClaysVoice which highlights the 2008 Gala, plus a collection of CA graphics by Sally, one of which is below:

SMTasapio1b.jpg

JBT graphic by Sally, photo by Tasapio

LOL, treenuts brought the musical interlude, and I'm bringing on the decorations. :lol:

Something is wrong with my TweetDeck (again), and I can't tell if the tweet I sent from my Twitter page made it into the Clay Aiken column or not. I just used "Bubel/Aiken," so I may tweet again specifically using Clay's name. For anyone on Twitter, Sally is MissSallysPC with a huge following.

A belated Happy Birthday to KAndre, Crazy_For_Clay, and tiggergirl19! :nanalove:

I'm off to post this blog at the OFC. Y'all have a great day! :BlowKiss:

Caro :listen:

Clay's Horoscope for today!

Sagittarius (11/22-12/21)

One more day of hiding out from the world, and you'll be back in the mood for your usual gig -- putting even the most accomplished social butterfly to shame. In the meantime, don't allow yourself to be dragged out into the spotlight if you're not ready to go. Rest, relax and regroup. If anyone deserves some time alone to get those batteries recharged, it's you -- and the audience will wait for your next performance.

Claylove Good thoughts going out to Archie, what a sweetie!

Kim

aikim... C.O.O.L. Hope this is right-on!!! I wants the man entertaining me again BEFORE Oct, thank you very much! :cryingwlaughter:

What a shame that promo cd was going for a whole 69 cents.

I wasn't sure about the Ugly Duckling one because I remember back once that Spooky and the CH were bidding on one. The CH wanted to get it to copy the files and upload to the vault I believe. I was under the impression at the time, that it was a unique item but they seem to be appearing on ebay now. How many of them were made?

I don't think people are bothering to make fakes of LWLHD anymore because Clayfans just aren't paying what they used to for them. At one point they were going for hundreds of dollars...and the redefined ones were going for up to a $1000! Maybe one of you could just scan and pm the scan vs posting it? IDK.

Why is GOG under United Kingdom on the Chrysalis CD? (ETA: Oh. Nevermind....was already answered. I didn't know GOG was written by a Brit.

I wouldn't mind having one of those Ugly Duckling CDs for $25, lol. I should pay more attention, lol.

canfly, I lost it by .84 because I had to go out for a haircut and paint our other house again. Somebody let me know if they see it again. I used to buy Miriam Haskell jewelry on Ebay but I just haven't recently. I bought a few Clay things though.