Check In

Couch Tomato

My daughter and I just got my grandson settled at college today. First time he has really been away from home and I am kind of weepy about him and proud at the same time.

I do adore Clay Aiken and will post more after getting the feel of the conversation that is going on now.

welcome Penguin.

Congrats on your grandson starting college.

I started a reply here a couple of days ago, starting from my first post here and quoted stuff and then lost it.

I'm sure I would have had some witty stuff to say, lol.

What was interesting as I went through was people who posted like 4 or 5 times and went bye-bye and then I was noticing certain people *coughtribecaandcanflycough* have kinda post-whored, lol.

:welcome: those who posted in this thread in the last year and who have stayed! :hello:

Okay My name is marie, I am from birmingham, alabama, I was a ruben fan up until (this is the real truth of when I was clayverted. do not throw tomatoes at me.) january 2004, and that is when I started listen to clay sing, which blew me away. I could not beleve that i had not listened to him (clay) earlier. I love clay so much now, i sice then have brought all his albums. and i so wish i could go to his concerts but unforanly time and money has preventened me from going.

There was a so called friend (she's no longer my friend) who ( and I did post this on the CB months ago, it no longer exists) made fun of me for being a clayfrican-american because i listened to clay and said i was ethnicly confused. And no that has not discuraged me from listening to him, and she has always ragged on me for listening to him. I told her i can listen to anyone i want and if you have a problem with it, then so be it.

I so hope to see clay live one day.But until then i can look at the vids of his proformances and swoon over them them.

Thanx for the welcome. :)

Wow, I can't think about how 2 years ago, My spelling and grammar was this bad! What a difference 2 years makes in this case. :o Cause it was horrible, and as for that friend, haven't seen her in 2 years since that incident.

Great that you have grown so much in the last two years. We like what we like and no one has the right to tell us otherwise. It's good to have you here Marie.

Thank you, My growth started when I joined a general topic board and to appear smarter, I had to fix the way I type, so people would make fun of me.

:hug: Hope to see you posting more often, Marie!

Thanks, I got back to lurking due to some hard times in RL, I do want to start posting more someday.

After 7 years of being a Clay fan, here I am. Most of my time has been spent lurking until the new OFC and I started posting on there. This board has always been one of my favorites since I don't have to worry or get mad at what I read. Right now I'm listening to the Sirius radio interview. Wasn't that great.

Personally I am a semi-retired librarian. Working part-time gives me play money for important things like Clay CDs. I have been to around 10 concerts and one trip to Spamalot. Hope to do more concerts in the future.

Now, I have to figure out all these fonts, etc.

After 7 years of being a Clay fan, here I am. Most of my time has been spent lurking until the new OFC and I started posting on there. This board has always been one of my favorites since I don't have to worry or get mad at what I read. Right now I'm listening to the Sirius radio interview. Wasn't that great.

Personally I am a semi-retired librarian. Working part-time gives me play money for important things like Clay CDs. I have been to around 10 concerts and one trip to Spamalot. Hope to do more concerts in the future.

Now, I have to figure out all these fonts, etc.

Welcome Silverclady!!

What is it about Clay and his librarians!!

Well I see here is a good place to introduce myself. :)

For the longest time (like a couple of years), I only had 2(gasp, I know) Clay Aiken songs on my ipod. They were "The Way" and "Measure of A Man." Of course I did know "Invisible", but I thought it was too stalker-ish for me lol. At this point in time, I only vaguely knew of Clay and how he was on American Idol, but from those 2 songs, I did realize that he can really sing.

One day this past June 20-something, I was looking up funny Kelly Clarkson videos (because I love her!), and I saw a related video titled "Kelly Surprises Clay." I watched it, and I absolutely loved Clay in it! His dancing and his voice got me wanting more.

:DoClay::D

Since then I've been hooked on clack. I discovered his music, and also what a great singer and person he is.

I've recently found this forum and signed up. I love how everyone is so friendly with each other.

I like to see the "Let's Talk About Clay thread".

Right now, I'm really enjoying everything from the "Timeless" tour. It looks like it's amazing! Unfortunately with my timing of becoming a fan, I wasn't really able to make plans to go to any concerts. I want to definitely go to the next "Tried & True" tour though, especially since there will be concerts in TX. :yahoo:

Think anyone can help me with the logistics of travel & expenses?

Anyway as for me, I'm a college student here in South Texas and am persuing a degree in music education. I play bassoon, guitar, alto saxophone, & a little piano.

Hey Vivs! Glad you found us, and Clay as well. I'm sure many of us can help you with logistics when planning a concert trip (or two, or ten, as a few of us do...) Just let us know what you think you might be planning....

Hey Vivs! Glad you found us, and Clay as well. I'm sure many of us can help you with logistics when planning a concert trip (or two, or ten, as a few of us do...) Just let us know what you think you might be planning....

Thanks ldyjocelyn! I will definitely do that. My only worry is whether I'll be able to miss school...but I'm willing to for Clay! :D

Hi vivs. :welcome:

Following Clay can get expensive. Keep posting, make some friends and you can share rooms or driving, perhaps get a free room at someone's home. Although everyone wants to sit in the first row, you can hear just as well and bring some binoculars and you can see pretty good too a little further back. It's just fun watching Clay.

Have a blast being a fan!

*waves* Hello FCA!

I came around just looking for pictures last night but you all seem like such a nice group I decided to join! :) I recognize a lot of names even though I don't know how many of you recognize mine. I mostly post on the OFC but I'm an occasional poster at CB and CV (all the same screename). I've been trying to maybe find another kind of home but haven't found my niche yet. The only way to find out is to jump in, right?

So some basic info... I'm 22, from Michigan (the Detroit area, specifically) and my name actually isn't Jill. I do go by Shorty though! *g*

My Clay story isn't that interesting. January 2004, an old friend, a LOT of badgering and a song later ("Invisible", awww) I was hooked and have been ever since. I LOVE being on this crazy ride and I hope he doesn't make us get off anytime soon!! I've only been to 9 concerts and Spamalot but they've all been highlights in my life.

I should go find out how to put up an avvie, eh? :)