Check In

Couch Tomato

I swear I read entire posts but somethings just don't register - welcome everyone - maybe I should leave it at that.

Everyone has something special to contribute - I contribute to the chaos.

Just picking on you a little--sorry. I kid because I love. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thank you for the welcome messages! I have only been a clack gatherer ONE time....but it was a good one! I took the video at Norfolk during the 2006 Christmas tour which includes Clay dancing with his mother and the Bridget banter. It was a riot getting it online-I mailed the tape to one fan who sent it on, etc. but I'm glad we have that concert in our "archives".

And so neat to meet annabear again! WOW! I'm so glad to find you again. I am the only Clay fan who has ever done "community service" to see him! I did health screens at at NASCAR race and got a free trip to Dover where he had a benefit concert and sang the SSB. Met anna in the ticket line with another lady who became one of my best Clay friends and traveling buddy!

I will be posting....I'm usually not shy! LOL!

Aloha EVERYONE.

My real name is also Betty Jean and my home board is Clay's Corner Cafe. It's just a small group of very friendly people who love CLAY as well.

Since I'm from Hawaii, the garden isle of Kauai in particular, I'm usually the last one posting. During daylight saving time we are 3 hrs. earlier than the west coast, and 6 hrs. earlier than the east coast.

I'm one of the oldest CLAY fans (83) and fell in love with a cute singer guy during AI2 and still love him. I enjoy making blends with CLAY's picture and probably spend too much time on this computer. The real love of my life, Gord, passed away 3months ago. We were married a couple months shy of 63 years, and I miss him terribly. Our daughter, Arlene, lives next door to me, and our son, Gordon, lives in So. Calif. My little puppy dog, Tina, keeps me company as well as making me happy.

That about sums it all up. I'll try and post here off and on. Have a great day.

Aloha, BJ

Hi, I'm LAluvsClay and have gone by that name since I joined the Clayboard in June of '03. I was happy there for a number of years until the conspiracy theories, jealousy, etc pretty much reduced my fun level to zero. When all the boards started in early '03 people looked out for Clay and each other, then a lot of new faces arrived who seemed more used to a much different dynamic. You know, the idea that because they aren't face to face with a person, and will likely never be, they can post anything they want and hide behind the old 'I'm entitled to my opinion'. But sometimes those people were just there to stir up trouble.

This led to long stretches of just taking a quick look at The Street for news, but unfortunately the same old topics get bumped so I lmostly looked and left quickly. The OFC is far worse and I can't stomach being there anymore.

When I read this board's philosophy, I knew this would be a good place.

Welcome LAluvsClay!! Every now and then we have a bad spell--so if that happens just scroll. It'll pass. Mostly we just like to have fun, eeeee and squeeee about that cute guy we all love!

Welcome BettyJean. So sorry about the loss of your DH. 63 years is such a long time.

We look forward to seeing some of your blends. I'm sure you have seen how much we love pictures of Clay here!!! Post all the pictures you want. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hi BettyJean - So can we stay with you when we visit Hawaii? Just Kidding cough cough

Hey, LaluvsClay, I know you from the Clay board, you know me, just under a different name, heh. Registration problem kept me from keeping the same name.

Should I guess??

Hey, LaluvsClay, I know you from the Clay board, you know me, just under a different name, heh. Registration problem kept me from keeping the same name.

Should I guess?? LOL! (Dang, I can't post an emoticon!)

Hello All!!! My name is Lauren.

I'm new to the board but not a new fan by any means. I'm from Ohio and I really like that Clay Aiken guy.

Anna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hee....me too! That is, my name is Lauren too...if you've had as much trouble with it as I've had, you probably already know why most know me as Lori instead. :lol:

Libby, good to see you here too....and LAluvsClay, I remember you from years ago at the Clayboard. It's so nice to see you're still around! And Betty Jean....wow! I'll be proud to relinquish my title as the oldest FCA'er and one of the older Clayfans...to you. Aloha! (that means welcome too, right?)

So good to see so many new folks checking in!

Hi everyone, I'm probably the biggest (not talking about size....well, maybe) lurker ever. I call Clayversity my home board, but I can't remember the last time I posted, if ever. I also lurk at the Clack House, the Clay Board, and a couple of others occasionally. You could say that it takes me a while to find the right fit and I'm thinking FCA is just that fit. I hope to change that lurking problem with this board!

I moved to Southport, NC from Durham, NC a couple years ago. I've lived all over the US....PA, CT, FL, OR, CA, MA, IL and NC. My husband's job is the reason for so many moves. But, he is semi retired now, so we settled on the coast of NC and I love it, but I miss my Clay friends (Aiken's Gals or AG's) from Raleigh. We talk all the time, burn up our emails and travel when we can to see Clay. I am a Realtor and have been for the 20 years through every single move, so I'm plodding along with this terrible market we are having (I need Clay money, y'all!) and hoping that things turn around soon.

Thanks for having such a friendly board!

Welcome, lalasusan!

:arg-dancing-welcome-whitebg-url

Welcome lalasusan. We've got one member who lives near you, as you've probably already figured out. I have a cousin who lives near you too. She's a fan, but not on the boards. Hopefully we'll see you somewhere roundabouts next tour!

Hi everyone, I'm probably the biggest (not talking about size....well, maybe) lurker ever. I call Clayversity my home board, but I can't remember the last time I posted, if ever. I also lurk at the Clack House, the Clay Board, and a couple of others occasionally. You could say that it takes me a while to find the right fit and I'm thinking FCA is just that fit. I hope to change that lurking problem with this board!

I moved to Southport, NC from Durham, NC a couple years ago. I've lived all over the US....PA, CT, FL, OR, CA, MA, IL and NC. My husband's job is the reason for so many moves. But, he is semi retired now, so we settled on the coast of NC and I love it, but I miss my Clay friends (Aiken's Gals or AG's) from Raleigh. We talk all the time, burn up our emails and travel when we can to see Clay. I am a Realtor and have been for the 20 years through every single move, so I'm plodding along with this terrible market we are having (I need Clay money, y'all!) and hoping that things turn around soon.

Thanks for having such a friendly board!

welcome to FCA!! Did you enjoy moving around and what part of the great state of california did you live hee. Come dive right in..the waters ok around these parts.

Aloha EVERYONE.

My real name is also Betty Jean and my home board is Clay's Corner Cafe. It's just a small group of very friendly people who love CLAY as well.

Since I'm from Hawaii, the garden isle of Kauai in particular, I'm usually the last one posting. During daylight saving time we are 3 hrs. earlier than the west coast, and 6 hrs. earlier than the east coast.

I'm one of the oldest CLAY fans (83) and fell in love with a cute singer guy during AI2 and still love him. I enjoy making blends with CLAY's picture and probably spend too much time on this computer. The real love of my life, Gord, passed away 3months ago. We were married a couple months shy of 63 years, and I miss him terribly. Our daughter, Arlene, lives next door to me, and our son, Gordon, lives in So. Calif. My little puppy dog, Tina, keeps me company as well as making me happy.

That about sums it all up. I'll try and post here off and on. Have a great day.

Aloha, BJ

Aloha BJ!!

I loved Kauai - that's where the movie South Pacific was filmed, right? I am sure we were told that pretty much upon arrival. It is an unbelievably beautiful place. We had a great time at the Club Med resort, but were also taken around the island.

Welcome to everyone!

Thanks for the welcomes!! I lived in Laguna Niguel for a very short time, before that I was in Portland, OR.....my very favorite place on earth. If we didn't have family on the east coast, that is where we would be. But, the east coast has it's benefits....especially NC, if you get my meaning. Several of my Raleigh Clay friends come to Myrtle Beach several times a year and we get together for lunch, so it would be great if we could add to our group. There is also a huge fan that lives just south of Myrtle Beach...she is a lurker as well.

Hello, hello! *waves*

I'm afraid I don't really have a homeboard... unless you count my LiveJournal account: crazycoffin.livejournal.com. My typical online nickname/username is crazycoffin or some variation of (clayzycoffin, crazyc0ffin, etc.)... What makes me me? Hmm... I like to think it's my random, handball-esque sense of humor! (All over the dang place! Boing!) I discovered Clay this last May when I was watching Leno (which I don't do very often) and he was talking about his music teacher. ["I'm not bitter! Not one bit! *plbbt*"] I remember being surprised at how witty he was and then... well, then I heard him sing! Wowza! I ran out and bought On My Way Here at the next opportunity. I didn't really go nuts, though, until I was browsing YouTube last month and decided to look up some Clay Aiken videos... then I flipped! What do I do for fun? Well, lately, it's been obsess about Clay! Other than that, most of my time is taken up with schoolwork and reading the latest Tess Gerritsen or Nora Roberts release.

Hope that's not too much!

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, I did read the rules but I thought I might warn you (seeing as I recently got burned) I do miss things in the rules. I don't mean to, I promise! But, if I did this time, I swear I'll work to fix it!

Rules? What rules? Hey I have to change those rules anyway. I tend to do that every year and it involves deleting stuff.

I read your blog this morning and it made me laugh. I wanted to shower you with wink pictures but I'm not that organized. Sorta proof that I'm still sane I think.

Anyway, welcome to FCA..we'll try not to scare you..cuz what you're going through right now..it's been kinda a five year journey with us. I'm really looking forward to the next chapter!!

Come on over to main...... we'll help you with your research LOL.

Aww... thank you. :)

I would say more... but I have to go walk my dogs.

*slants a look at the profile thingy that has labeled me a dog walker* That's sort of eerie-cool.