Check In

Couch Tomato

Hello Everyone,

In Vegas I had breakfast with some you. You are such a great bunch. I have been a Clay fan since day one when Clay auditioned in his group. Something magical happened that night. I have been obsessed and possessed since then. I am a teacher of 37 years, widow and have two daughters. Will see Spamalot in March.

Welcome Clayann...looking forward to getting to know you. Join us in the main Clay thread.

Welcome Tiggergirl - do I get to quiz you about the CDs?

I hope you like a lot of silly because we do that pretty good.

OK questions, I have questions, I have stacks and stacks of questions.

Do you have :

What the world needs now single? Do you have the version of just Rickey and Ruben and Clay?

TITN/BOTW single?

the God Bless the USA sngle?

Did you buy the Kim Locke album to get her singing a duet with Clay?

These are important things to know - actually it has taken me years to get the WTWNN because I did not buy it when it came out and it disappeared so quickly.

I believe the reason for "no fan fic" on this board is because the mods/admins at the time started at a board (CH) where fan fiction was strictly disallowed, and it was felt that there were plenty of other places to get a fanfic fix (say that three times fast!) if someone wanted it. We do have a creative writing thread (located here) for skits and such, however.

If any of the other admins want to chime in on this....please do so!

I believe the reason for "no fan fic" on this board is because the mods/admins at the time started at a board (CH) where fan fiction was strictly disallowed, and it was felt that there were plenty of other places to get a fanfic fix (say that three times fast!) if someone wanted it. We do have a creative writing thread (located here) for skits and such, however.

If any of the other admins want to chime in on this....please do so!

Perfect explanation. I don't know if there is really a no fanfic rule here. Just never started a section for it and now there is the creative writing.

Hi everybody - Iseeme here! I've been a member of SimplyClayonline for several years and was a moderator on that board. With the recent death of our owner and dear friend, Clz4clay, many changes were made to the board. And while I still feel it's home, I've been looking for a board that is all about Clay!!! I was directed here by a dear friend and, after reading your philosophy, thought this would be a great place.

I've gotten in trouble before for supporting only positive comments about Clay...or challenging people who are overly critical. I think you can be less than thrilled about something he says, wears, does but still be respectful in how you express yourself. I also know zippity about the music business, promoting a CD, managing a music career and believe that Clay is an intelligent and talented young man who can certainly make his own business decisions. Doesn't mean I don't like to discuss them - just believe that there is nothing I know or could say that he needs!!!!

My screen name is the last three words in the Rolling Stone article......"what do you see when you look in the mirror!" Clay's response: "I see me!"

I'm looking forward to getting to know the folks here.

ETA: I see I'm classified as a "dogwalker!" Not sure about that but I do have two Siamese cats that might object!

Hey Iseeme! Welcome! Love your screen name, I knew exactly where that came from. I was so very sorry to hear about Char, I can't imagine what simplyclay is going through at the moment. Anyway, I hope you enjoy your time here.....welcome.

Welcome, footloose. I hope you'll post more than news--be tempted by all the emoticons! Heh. Welcome, Iseeme. I'm so sorry for the loss of a great Clay friend--it must be like losing part of your family.

A warm welcome to iseeme and footloose! I hope you both post your little hearts out and enjoy getting to know us. You can be promoted from a dogwalker to a personal manager if you post a lot. And which of us wouldn't want to manage Clay's person?

:cryingwlaughter:

I've gotten in trouble before for supporting only positive comments about Clay...or challenging people who are overly critical. I think you can be less than thrilled about something he says, wears, does but still be respectful in how you express yourself. I also know zippity about the music business, promoting a CD, managing a music career and believe that Clay is an intelligent and talented young man who can certainly make his own business decisions. Doesn't mean I don't like to discuss them - just believe that there is nothing I know or could say that he needs!!!!

Love your attitude. Welcome!

Hi. I'm looking for a place to talk about Clay, Clay, Clay. My name comes not from my own freckles (I have none) but from Clay's freckles. I tried counting them, lost count at 700 cause I was on the floor by then. :blush:

I am a mod at Simplyclayonline.com, like my friend Iseeme (I'm the dear friend who told her about you. I've been lurking here for a while.) Simply Clay is a wonderful board, but since the death of clz4clay, it has changed. It's still a great place and I have many friends over there and I will never leave. However, I too want a place where I can EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and OOOOOOOOOOOOOO and go GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH over Clay all over the place. It's quite difficult to hold that stuff in, you know. :hubbahubba:

I think I have found such a place right here. I'll be here often. I AM a dog walker. I have a 5 pound Shi'tsu and a 15 lb cat....They are Toby and Tyler (anyone here old enough for that to mean anything to?) I also have a nephewdog that visits frequently for playdates with Toby. :00000442:

As you can see, I talk too much. Now I'm off to find a beginning place, a place where you guys meet and talk and I can see Clay.

oh yeah, I love that man :wub:

Hey Freckles700 -- welcome! I hope you join us in the forum "Let's Talk About Clay." Our thread title at the moment (about ready to start a new one) is called "EEEEEEEEE! It's Really Happening!" We do use the linear style of thread here, but just jump in if you get a chance! We don't bite (or I don't think we do, heh).