Check In

Couch Tomato

I liked Clay's voice from "Take" but I didn't fall hook, line and sinker for him until he sang "Hello, is it me you're looking for?" into the camera one day and I said "Yes! Yes! Yes!"

This really struck my funny bone! I think I did something similar! :cryingwlaughter:

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Welcome to all the newbiers than me.

Hi my name is heartsocean. I guess my homeboard would be the Clayboard but I don't post on there often. I am also heartsocean on that board.

Watched season 2 of AI which of course is where I discovered Clay. As much as I thought he should win I still didn't go gaga :F_05BL17blowkiss: over him until a month or so before the MOAM came out. I discovered the Clayboard and enjoyed the threads and stuff over there. It reminded me of my fandom over Elvis Stojko (remember luckiest1?) and the fun, friends and freedom it brought into my life so I jumped in.

I am busy with all that four kids, a husband and full time job entail.

Just want to say I am not one of those people who have to angst over Clay's hair, his clothes or pretty much anything that he does. Why bother? I am not in charge, I don't know him and he and his entourage have been doing a pretty darn good job. :clap:

I am glad to be a part of this board and will enjoy lurking a reading...with an occasional post.

heartsocean

Hee - thanks for all the welcomes. :rainbowsmile: You have such great emoticons over here!

And did you say Kav was your daughter? KAv? Oh she who wrote Money Don't Buy You..that Kav? My favorite fan fiction of all time? That Kav? sigh. :cryingwlaughter:

Yep same person. I keep hoping she'll finish the fanfic she was writing but not sure it's that likely any more. She still loves Clay but waits for me to tell her what's going on these days.

Welcome to all of the other newbies, should have said that before, including heartsocean, nice to meet ya! Must go read the other sections of this board now.

It reminded me of my fandom over Elvis Stojko (remember luckiest1?) and the fun, friends and freedom it brought into my life so I jumped in.

Wheeeee! You delurked (and yes I remember it well). :F_05BL17blowkiss:

And did you say Kav was your daughter? KAv? Oh she who wrote Money Don't Buy You..that Kav? My favorite fan fiction of all time? That Kav? sigh. :cryingwlaughter:

Yep same person. I keep hoping she'll finish the fanfic she was writing but not sure it's that likely any more. She still loves Clay but waits for me to tell her what's going on these days.

She sounds like she is in the same place as my daughter - loves Clay as much as always, but relies on me for the info nowadays. And BTW, a belated welcome to FCA! I enjoyed meeting you in the summer. :RedGuy:

Hi, all. Many of you already know me from Clackhouse. The SoCal posse (I've seen some of you here) and NoCal branch (hi, guys!) know me as well. I've also posted at CB and CV. I registered a couple of weeks ago but have had trouble getting in, so many thanks to couchie for her efforts in trying to find out what the glitch was... I've been lurking and enjoying your discussions here. Not sure how much I'll be adding to them, but I may at least jump in occasionally to throw in one of these great emoticons: :woman: after letting someone else do the work of writing down everything I wanted to say.

I discovered Clay during AI2 but was not on any boards at that time. I didn't check the Fox website, didn't watch entertainment shows. I just saw Clay twice a week, just watched the show with my son and talked to friends during the commercials. I liked both Clay and Ruben equally at first but began to prefer Clay around the time of SPHB. During Solitaire, I remember saying out loud, "Wow, he's looking more handsome every week, isn't he?" to which my son responded, rolling his eyes, "Right, mom." My family room was definitely not an atmosphere conducive to thudding, not even during the commercials, with him right there, although my friends agreed with me that Clay was looking better and better. I loved his voice, his personality, his smile. When he hit that note on BOTW, I was in awe. Surely, everyone saw it. Surely, everyone knew this man was a star. Surely, he'd win and go on to a great career.

When the show ended, I knew I'd see Clay for a week or so on the morning shows and the talk shows, but then I worried he'd start to disappear. He had lost the show. People would forget about him. A couple of days later, I went to TWOP (the only message board I had ever been to, directed there by a HGTV "Trading Spaces" reference) and happened to notice "American Idol" listed there. They had an AI forum? People talked about the show? Were people talking about the finale there? Did anyone else think that Clay had been robbed? I clicked on the link.

Fast forward to here...

Edited by ellenpoppy

Hi Ellenpoppy

Don't know what your original problem was. Maybe this guy :lilredani: being a little mischievous. Glad it's all worked out. I think you probably know just about everybody here. But it's weird for me..because I've been posting along side some people for years and finally am really getting to know them because we're smaller and all that posthoing and whatnot. heee

Welcome to FCA.

Welcome, sylvie, heartsocean, and ellenpoppy!!! So glad you are all here.

sylvie - I am a huge fan of Kav's writing! I read every single one of her Clay fanfics. Oh, my, there were FANTASTIC!! She would know my screenname at another board - GibbGal - because I posted a lot in her stories. Very talented girl, she is. I hope she's doing well. It's great that you can share your Clay love with your daughter! Even if her ardour has cooled a bit. I hope she finishes her last story, too. There are a lot of people who would come back and read the rest of it if she ever finished it!

Edited by Gibby

Couchie - You're in for a treat! Kav's old stories are archived at 'Old Red.' I went over and bumped her stories up to the top of completed stories at Old Red EAYOR so you can easily find them. Here's a link:

EAYOR at Old Red

I think we may not be hearing much from Couchie for awhile - she's going to get pleasantly lost in the world of Clay fanfic! Have fun, my friend!

ETA: Kav also has a story she never finished - sob! It's called 'Eyes in the Dark,' and is both at EAYOR (in Paused Stories) and at CV (in the Literary Archives).

Edited by Gibby

I will have to tell Kav to come and read this thread, thanks Gibby. :)

Luckiest1, I wish I'd gotten to talk more to you this summer, it would've been nice. I hope we meet again one day and can chat more.

Thanks again for all the welcomes. :F_05BL17blowkiss: I'll get around to reading the main thread soon.

Welcome to ellenpoppy too. I think I met you in New Hampshire too didn't I? Either that or my brain is addled.... don't answer that.

In my typical backward fashion, I didn't follow protocol by doing a little intro here first, but instead jumped right in onto the main forum. I think it was xxx4clay's avi change that prompted that first post and launched my career as a dog walker. KarenEh? had told me numerous times how much she was enjoying this board, and I had been lurking on and off all summer.

I had known of FCA as a jumping off point to find things for ages; never ever realized that it could become the delightful respite as it has for me lately.

My youngest son, 17 at the time and considering music as a career, dragged me reluctantly in front of the television to hear what he called "this amazing tenor". The two of us bonded over our Clay love throughout the whole of season 2. I spent part of that time in the hospital, and Clay was the only thing I would come out of my hospital room for.

Since I live in the official middle of nowhere, close to Winnipeg Canada, I was pretty much on my own the following summer with my minimal computer skills. I don't know how many middle of the nights I spent googling my heart out for Clay. I found a few messageboards which I was way too scared to participate in, and then somehow on ATCA, where they were posting locations of CD release parties for MOAM, there was one for Winnipeg. I musta stared at that disbelievingly for ages. My after midnight Clay computer vigils were my little secret but finally I talked my AI/Clayfan son into driving me to this party. ( and hanging around in case these people turned out to be really wierd). hee.

I went to my very first official pop concert ever in St. Paul Minnesota;Independent Tour. I had an 11th row aisle ticket I had somehow conjured up from TM via dialup. I've been 22 concerts now; five this summer; Dallas, Houston,(where i fell in love with the eHP) Tulsa, Asheville, and Knoxville (where he knoxed mah socks off so thoroughly i went home and bought more concert tickets).

I've mercifully missed much of the board politics by accident and by choice. It's fairly hilarious to me that I became a member of the LBFCA early on. I met a contingent of them at St. Paul, they made me laugh til my sides split, and I really needed to laugh. Friendships grew. I don't post much anywhere but i am meeman at CV. I am a nightowl, and if anything I posted was ever of any significance, only the Australians ever read about it. It's a friendly board, but way too much work to keep up with.

This place is a breath of fresh air.

So, as far as the Claynation goes, I'm not famous for anything. Maybe that's a good thing.

As I've said on main, I love Clay Aiken; I love his voice when he's singing and talking and doing his thing; I respect his integrity and his humanity. We're strangers, he and I, and I have no desire to tell him how to live his life; I'm just glad he has brought so much joy, such amazing people and experiences into mine.

In my real life, I live in rural Manitoba about twenty miles north of the Minnesota border. My husband and I are self employed in agriculture. I'm an RN (registered nurse) by profession but haven't be able to work at that for the past 15 years because I have the delightfully unpredictable

condition called lupus. I envy all librarians because I looooooooove books very very much. And sylvie, I'm another huge Kav stories fan.

I also never go to bed soon enough, and it is completely impossible for me to say anything in fifty words or less. If that's a problem here then someone better let me know.

If anyone wants to know why I'm called zena here, it's all out there on main. This post was long enough three paragraphs ago.

I am a nightowl, and if anything I posted was ever of any significance, only the Australians ever read about it.

This made me laugh. I have a similar problem! I'm a nightowl too - I've had to be since the beginning of my Clay fandom - usually when I go to bed the people in America are just beginning their evening. :welcome: I'll tell Kav she has yet another fan. If we get enough people making these comments, she might even start writing again.

Welcome, zena!

Congrats on screwing up the courage to go to that first party! So, did your son end up in a music career?

:lol: at your siggy!

Hey, YSRN,, my son got a lot of good payback for taking me to that first CD release party. He's still my best audience when it comes to all things Clay, not to mention a big fan of Clay himself.

DS2 is 22 now and finishing up his Bachelor's Degree in Vocal Performance this year. After that it's a Masters in operatic something or other. He sings a pretty mean tenor, imho, and is debuting in a solo lead role in a small opera in November at our Concert Hall in Winnipeg.

He is the total opposite of a diva type; his other "favorite music" is country. :shrug:

My oldest son sings a booming bass. Me??? I'm lucky if I hang on to the melody. Guess it must of skipped a generation... :lol2: