Check In

Couch Tomato

*waves to xxx4clay*

I actually sat beside you this year at the Asheville concert, but you probably don't remember. I am a big fan of your clack. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Since I sat in front of luckiest1 and co. in Asheville I must have sat in front of you! Small World Huh? By the way i'm the one that doesn't have an accent!

Thanks for all the welcomes!

luckiest - of course I remember you! How could I forget the person who makes all those concert montages that I am so fond of. The Asheville seat was not a good one for video though, as the crappy clack I got there will attest. If clack can attest to something?

merrieeee - I'm pretty sure we met at the Houston preparty. I shall try and pretend I am not all hurt that you don't remember me. lmao2.gif

And YSRN - thank's for that guy! I can barely post without him.

hee. So we were all lined up there in Asheville. It's probably a sooper secret coded sign of something though I don't have a clue what. Off to search for my decoder ring...

It appears that I've done this backwards and didn't stop in here first... of course, I technically joined a long time ago and have just finally started posting myself... time to tell my tale I guess....

I actually stumbled on AI Season 1 about midway through (there was 7 or 8 left as I recall). I've been a fan of talent show kind of stuff, especially singing, so I was intrigued and watched the whole rest of the season. Was not obsessed with it, but enjoyed it and it was fun to see how many songs I recognized and how well they were done. Didn't particularly care who won and never voted.

But I was hooked and made a point to watch Season 2. I remember when Clay walked in the room at his audition and thinking, ruh roh, geek alert... but damn, that boy could sang - he totally knocked me for a loop! I remember Group 2 and being totally p.o.'d that he didn't make it - as soon as the three were up there (Ruben, Kim and Clay), I knew he wasn't going to make it. And I was ticked off. I almost didn't keep watching but I was hopeful he'd come back for the Wildcard. And of course, he did.

I was totally hooked on the guy. Couldn't miss a show. During this time, my son was taking Driver's Ed and I had to take him and pick him up from class. Well, even though I was taping the shows (and do I ever regret not keeping those babies...), I HAD to know what was going on real time. So there I was driving down the street to get my son from Driver's Ed, and I've got one of those little Casio 2" TVs playing AI. Luckily, the road to his class was pretty deserted... I wasn't happy that he didn't win, but I wasn't surprised either given the pimping going on. I just figured it wasn't meant to be.

I had hardly ever used our computer up until then. My son used it mostly for school and IMing. But a couple days after the finale, I googled Clay Aiken. It never occurred to me to do it before then. And boy, was I amazed at what was out there. First link I clicked on was some gay/lesbian site where they were talking about his possibly being gay. I was stunned that people thought that because I never saw it... I saw geek, dork, some effeminate qualities, but not gay. It just never occurred to me. So I kept looking around. Found That's The Clay... lurked there until it imploded, went to The Clayboard... don't care for the hundreds of threads you had to look at to find anything... stumbled on The Clackhouse... found I like the linear thread a lot more... found my way to Clayversity and then here...

I've never really felt at home at any of them (the ones I could post at)... it's hard joining a group after others have made friends and have their groups... I've never been an outgoing person - I'm getting better as I get older but still have trouble getting to know people or just jumping in... so I tend to be a lurker more than a poster.

I'm totally in this for the fun - early to mid 2006 was a little rough because there was so much anguish... and I felt some of it too... mostly I hurt for Clay and what he was going through... my friends at work, who know about my Clay love, had heard about it on the radio and pretty much didn't give it much thought... I mean, they're not into him so they really don't care... they know I love him and they just go with the flow...

So, I may not end up posting a lot, I'm a lurker by nature, I'm rarely a deep thinker when it comes to anything Clay, I'm all about the good time with this fandom. I hope to meet some more fans and go to many more concerts and have a blast with this... when it really stops being fun, it will be time to move on, but I don't anticipate that happening anytime soon (and that can be Clay's soon!).... :allgood:

My name is Brooke. I'm 14. I've been a Claymate for a little over a year and a half. I am a member of the RCA Board, so if you are there, you know me by the same name. I'm a freshman in high school. thats pretty much it. if you would like to know anything about me, just ask. =]

Spikesmom, I hope you will post more cause boy can you write. It would be a shame to deprive us of that!

ClayAikenLUVR__15, Brooke, welcome. A year and a half would around the time of the AI 5 finale. Is that when you became a fan? Glad to have you here.

Edited by jmh123

RL has kept me busy the last few days and I haven't checked in here in a while....

so WELCOME to the newbies and so glad you can join us. Explore the board and jump in when you can. Its moving faster than before but we strive to keep it fun ...

Hola,

I met some of you at the Houston Pre-party. I was with the CB Houston pre-party. I met Scarlett and some other members in Tulsa That is how I found out about this board. I have been lurking for awhile and finally decided to register because I really liked what I was reading. I chuckled when I read the "discussion" on the Clay - Kim situation because a couple of people I met told me that they did not post anymore because they always got into trouble. The way that the mod handled the situation encouraged me to apply because she did a good job. I was happy to find a board that was fun, and yet could uphold the rules without a lot of editing such as at the OFC.

I am Hispanic and live in Houston. Was born in a part of Texas that is desert, hence the desertrose screen name. I am a grandma, but I feel that chronological age is just a number, thus I still think young and am enjoying your "smutty" threads. Music has always been a very important part of my life. I may not remember a lot of important stuff, but most of the time, I only have to hear the first few notes to recognize a song. You would think that I could sing, but I could not carry a tune if my life depended on it. When we had to evacuate for Rita, my extensive CD collection, my DVD of all seasons of "Sex and the City", all of the DVDs that I had up to then of Seinfeld plus the last season on tape of "Six Feet Under." went into my important documents case. Alas, I could not take my computer tower, so with tears running down my cheeks, I had to leave my beloved Clack, which I vowed to start downloading again as soon as I could replace my waterlogged computer. Well, Rita never materialized in my area, and I learned my lesson. I now have an external hard drive for all my clack. I like to go to the movies, theater and concerts, especially Clay concerts. I also love to dance, and go dancing twice a month. This has probably told you a lot about me, and reading this I have learned a lot about myself. I am not really as shallow as this sounds, I am a good grandma, babysit and everything. Really. I even help with school work.

I first saw Clay on Idol 2, and he had me from the moment I saw him. I cannot tell you why he stole my heart. Was it his beautiful innocent face singing his song with that incredible voice? Or was it the sexy knee bends? It could have been the way his hands caressed the mike. I don't know. I just know he cast a spell on me that none of my friends and family can understand. I had to go visit my daughter in Belgium and missed his last performance and the finale. To this day, it bothers me that I was not here to vote, and that friends and family who were supposed to vote for me did not do so. Daughter was annoyed that I kept trying to contact friends in US to vote for Clay when I was supposed to be visiting her. I really thought that he was going to win, and I guess I hold a grudge because I still remember the friends and family that let me down. Another thing that I learned about myself. I hate it when I mention Clay to someone, and the first thing that comes to their lips is that "He is gay." I see nothing effeminate or gay about Clay. I just see a gorgeous, sexy, sensitive, intelligent and caring guy. I know that he is not perfect, but to me that makes him more "perfect" in my book? Perfect sounds scary to me. The one thing that fascinates me is how a skinny young man could inspire so much emotion either in the form of love and devotion or undeserved hatred.

I guess by now, if you are still reading this, you have learned that I am wordy. Sorry! Good thing is that I am mostly a lurker so I won't be boring you too often. I will be enjoying your discussions and learning though. This internet thing is sort of new to me. I did not even know it was there until a year or so ago. Had a computer during Idol 2, but did not really know how to use it and most of the time wanted to take a hammer to it when it tied up my phone line, (had AOL) froze, and then I did not have a phone. Now, I know that unplugging it usually fixes everything, and I am not afraid of the darn thing anymore, plus I now have cable. I have since made up for lost time. I belong to the CB, CV, and the OFC, but usually just lurk there also.

Glad to meet all of you.

Edited by Desertrose

XXX4clay..we have LOTS in common. Why say something in a sentence when you can do it in a paragraph right? heee And the thing is...if I took my time I could edit the crap out of stuff to nothing...but wha'ts the point...this is supposed to be fun. The last time I truly stressed over Clay was the whole teacher of the year thing..had people talking me off ledges cuz you know..Clay was going to get thrown out of UNICEF because he fed kids cheeseburgers and tore up a check in their face :cryingwlaughter: Not to say I haven't gotten pissy on his behalf on occassion but angst, and worry, especially over his career? Uh, nope. I'm LOL at your story about someone with the same name. And yep..the Gayle Deamer book is a freakin LAUGH RIOT. A friend sent it to me. It's hysterical.

Anyway, welcome. I hope you'll join in..loved your first post and would love to get to know you better. I've been around since the beginning and I've belonged to lots of boards but CH - hey all of my shared experiences for the first few years happened there - and they are great memories and great times. There will always be that con nec tion.

Hey Spikesmom I love the stories of people who found the net because of Clay. I've been around since usenet..remember when AOL was born etc. but I wasn't into downloading and other stuff. Being Clay Aikn fan means you need to keep upgrading your equipment heh. Anyway, we love lurkers here. Jump in if you ever feel like it.

Hey Brooke -- I don't know if we have any folks your age here but you are really more than welcome.

Desertrose: Loved yoru post! Welcome to FCA. ooooH... you're from Houston... the posse's gonna get ya. heee. Anyway, you have made me add something to my "to do" list. Figure out how to include clack preservation in my earthquake preparedness plan. Water, batteries, flashlight, CLACK. heee. Look forward to getting to know you.

I'm finally taking the plunge and posting. Wow it's only taken me two years!! So I'm a slow reader...

:DoClay: Yeah that pretty much sums me up.

Actually this one is closer to the truth these days. ----> :claydreaming_ClayIzzaQt:

Where do I begin. Well I'm English. Live in the South of England and if Clay ever decides to tour England then my house is open to everyone!! :laola0: Partay!!!

I liked Clay's voice from "Take" but I didn't fall hook, line and sinker for him until he sang "Hello, is it me you're looking for?" into the camera one day and I said "Yes! Yes! Yes!" Before that I persuaded daughter Katy (Kavanaugh on the boards and my best Clay buddy) to watch AI and ultimately she was hooked before me. After AI finished Kav went to TTC and then I posted briefly there before going to WMS. I now post mainly at its successor, getclayaiken.com. I also sometimes post at the Clackhouse and Clayton's Place (though not that much these days). I'm a member at CV and the CB but mostly lurk.

These days I mainly lurk most places. It's a combination of things really. The boards are changing, and sometimes I think it's hardly worth the effort of posting, since it seems you have to be so careful not to say the wrong thing, and my fandom although still very strong, has calmed a bit from those early days of posting. I've always been a bit of a fangirly type, not one for lengthy discussions particularly, but I enjoy reading all types of posts.

Me and Kavanaugh have managed to see Clay 12 times in concert, starting with 3 times at the IT, 3 times at the Solo Tour, twice at the JBT and 3 times this last summer. I hope we get to see him again one day. Along the way we've made some incredible friends. I know so many names on this board, it's really good to see them all in one place! :affection: to all those I know but especially, YSRN, laughn, Shady, jmh123, lilyshine, sunburstoflight and merrieeee. I've had the best time with all of you and I hope we get together again in the future.

I will try not to leave it 2 years before I post again. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Welcome, my darling Sylvie! budhug.gif

sylvie -- EEEEEEEEEEE! I remember meeting you and Kav in New Hampshire; hope you enjoy your time here!

Wait.a.minute. How the hell did you meet them and not me when I was with them?!? *pout*

Hmmmm...I honestly don't know! All I remember is hearing sylvie's accent and knowing exactly who she was. I'm a sucker for a British accent. YSRN, I must have met you there too.... I will say, though, that the party that night was huge!

I'm a sucker for a British accent

merrrieeee notes that for future reference!!

Sylvie lives about 10 minutes from where I used to live in England. Small world huh!

We had the best day when I went to meet her and her lovely daughter Kavanaugh (of the fan fic fame) there.