Check In

Couch Tomato

It took me so long to get registered here I feel like an idiot. And not noticing I had made a slight error with my email address, kept typing in the secret thingee without success! I felt like I was at Ticketmaster! I didn't realize this board existed unil I followed Merrieeee's link then I recognised all the familiar names! So this is where you have all been hanging out Don't feel comfortable talking about myself, so will just say I am a widow living in S.Cal. The CB was the first board I joined, then ATCA, The Rebels (not for long as I didn't like the never ending insulting skits about Todd. Not that I like him but enough is enough already! then CV. I used to love CV but it became more of a coffee klatch so I usually stay at the CH. I of course belong to the OFC but only go there to read Clay's blogs. Do not like any board which disrespects him. I have no talents, but do appreciate everyone else's. I am off to read the board.

Welcome. I'm new here too. CV is my home board but your description of "coffee klatch" fits. Such a shame, really.

It took me so long to get registered here I feel like an idiot. And not noticing I had made a slight error with my email address, kept typing in the secret thingee without success! I felt like I was at Ticketmaster! I didn't realize this board existed unil I followed Merrieeee's link then I recognised all the familiar names! So this is where you have all been hanging out Don't feel comfortable talking about myself, so will just say I am a widow living in S.Cal. The CB was the first board I joined, then ATCA, The Rebels (not for long as I didn't like the never ending insulting skits about Todd. Not that I like him but enough is enough already! then CV. I used to love CV but it became more of a coffee klatch so I usually stay at the CH. I of course belong to the OFC but only go there to read Clay's blogs. Do not like any board which disrespects him. I have no talents, but do appreciate everyone else's. I am off to read the board.

I remember you well, from Rebels, claycherie . That is my old home board. You used to be very good about bringing Clay Titbits, as you referred to them, for us to read. I'm really sorry to hear the reason you left. I think those ladies on that board were some of the smartest people in the fandom. Along with the ladies of this board. They tried very hard to do a public service for the fans. Outing a scam artist bilking fans out of membership money is a good thing, I think.

Anyway, I think you will like it here. Welcome to all newbies.

Since I see so many familiar faces here, I thought I'd register so that I could say "Hi" :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I didn't start watching AI2 until the Top 12, but immediately honed in on Clay! I rooted for him every week but didn't realize just how invested in him I was until he lost. I was so afraid that I'd never see or hear him again. I read about him every day at Sir-links-a-lot until the articles started to dry up. By then it was mid-June and I was feeling desperate. I sat done at the computer one night and Googled his name and OMG! a whole new world opened up to me!

The CB was the first board I found, and after staring at the blue page for a week, I finally clicked on "Forum" and found the message board!!! I spent the next week or so in my first Clay fog....reading months worth of posts on hundreds of threads!! I was in heaven!!!! I couldn't believe there were so many others "out there" who liked Clay as much as me!

From the CB I went to RHT and then to CV. I considered CV my home board for a long time, but over the last couple of months I've lost my enthusiasm for the board. I come to the boards to ENJOY Clay and to share my enjoyment with others. When it stops being fun, it's time to move on...

Anyway, my name on the other boards is "Love of My Life" but I've decided to shorten it here to just LOML!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

My hometown buddy claycherie is in the house!!!!!

To show you what a small world the internet world really is: claycherie is from my hometown in England and her parents worked down the street from my Mum during World War 2! We met through the CH and hopefully one day we will meet in person.

Welcome to everyone else who finally found us.

It was nice meeting you too ialreadyam!

I do have a question for you. How in the world do you stand the humidity in Orlando? I have never been so hot in my life! We still managed to have a great time in WDW, but I'm not sure I'd venture to the parks again in August!!

Bookwhore - right back atcha! :F_05BL17blowkiss: I have a great pic of you from Coronado beach! I'll send it to you when I get if off my laptop!

It was nice meeting you too ialreadyam!

I do have a question for you. How in the world do you stand the humidity in Orlando? I have never been so hot in my life! We still managed to have a great time in WDW, but I'm not sure I'd venture to the parks again in August!!

Bookwhore - right back atcha! :F_05BL17blowkiss: I have a great pic of you from Coronado beach! I'll send it to you when I get if off my laptop!

:cryingwlaughter: Floridians don't go in August or July for that matter. Come again in November thru April.

Hey woolovereyes...are you still in Cali..we have a nice little contigent here in no cal. We'll have to have a partay again soon.

Be sure you let me know. I'll hop in the car and in be sooo there! I have a sister in Berkeley and can spend the night! :nana:

What, you don't have email? We have a bunch of great pics of the Calif 3-fer, stop by and see them and add your own.

Hello.

I'm windstar2 on many Clay boards. I became a fan in the Fall of 2003.

I only watched two shows when Clay was on Idol and that was finale night and the next night when the coughwinnercough was announced. But I knew of him, had heard of him. I posted on another message board at the time, totally not Clay related, (a Michelle Kwan/skating board) and some of the members at that board would come in a gush about Clay.

Once I saw him sing and saw who he was ... I was smittened. But, I didn't get involved. I didn't keep up with him except for what a couple of people on that other board would bring to their post there.

I caught Clay on the PTL interview right before MOAM dropped and that was my undoing. I went right to the internet and typed in his name and found The Clayboard. I don't post much there anymore. I post some at CV & OFC but I'm not recognized much.

I use to come to FCA when the pins were a big deal ... or at least to the page where all the pins were listed. I found this board again about three weeks ago when someone PM'd me at TCB and asked if they could post my Pala recap here at FCA. They left a link that led to the main page. I looked around and thought it very well done. Then I saw a link to FCA when the "engagement" post came out. That is when I discovered there was a message board attached. LOL!

Didn't Quiana say once that she loved this board?

I'm not quick with the wit or funny in any way, but I love reading it ... I "get it" and I appreciate it. And that is what I have seen here that attracts me. So, I probably won't post much but didn't want to lurk without at least saying hello. So hey.

I use to come to FCA when the pins were a big deal ... or at least to the page where all the pins were listed. I found this board again about three weeks ago when someone PM'd me at TCB and asked if they could post my Pala recap here at FCA. They left a link that led to the main page. I looked around and thought it very well done. Then I saw a link to FCA when the "engagement" post came out. That is when I discovered there was a message board attached. LOL!

Didn't Quiana say once that she loved this board?

Hey Windstar...that was me that contacted you. I'm couchtomato on every other board but I was an EZ board person long before Clay came along so I'm hoopsdreaming at those boards. And this is how bad I am (and shows how desperately we need luckiest1) I have yet to get your recap up. This weekend I will be working my butt off.

That engagement PM..LOL..that was the first thing I saw when I got home from vacation and I instantly gave fair warning that that particular gossip would be zapped by morning. Guess it's a good thing is was up long enough get get us some attention. I still don't get what THAT was all about.

As for Quiana, like everyone else in the world, she doesn't know this board exists heee. It was FCA the website that she was referring to. That one has been around since 2003. We added a forum in 2005, actually right around the time of the pin craze.

Anyway, welcome. We love lurkers here too but thanks for checking in.

Hey Windstar...that was me that contacted you. I'm couchtomato on every other board but I was an EZ board person long before Clay came along so I'm hoopsdreaming at those boards. And this is how bad I am (and shows how desperately we need luckiest1) I have yet to get your recap up. This weekend I will be working my butt off.

Hey Couch Tomato/hoopsdreaming! :handshake:

Actually, I think I saw my recap up on the mainpage earlier this week ... so I think it is up.

Thanks for the welcome!