Check In

Couch Tomato

Hi,

Lots of familiar names here..........

Just want to say Hi........ I have been around since June 2003.... first at CB, then RHT and was with CV right from the beginning.

I don’t post much.... mostly a lurker.

My name is a play on words...... yep, I thought I was “ToooldForThis”, but discovered that when watching Clay I tend to forget age, aches and pains. He puts a smile on my face. Ask LOML .. she has seen my silly “clay” grin.

Hi LOML......... I warned you about FL in August!!!

Hi,

Lots of familiar names here..........

Just want to say Hi........ I have been around since June 2003.... first at CB, then RHT and was with CV right from the beginning.

I don’t post much.... mostly a lurker.

My name is a play on words...... yep, I thought I was “ToooldForThis”, but discovered that when watching Clay I tend to forget age, aches and pains. He puts a smile on my face. Ask LOML .. she has seen my silly “clay” grin.

Hi LOML......... I warned you about FL in August!!!

hi toldforthis...yup nobody is too old for fun and the joy Clay brings...

Hello everyone. My good friend Dazaccent told me about this board, so here I am. I've been "hooked" since Wildcard night; a friend told me to watch to see the goofy kid with the great voice...and life hasn't been the same since. I've met some of the best friends I've ever had, found and lost the dearest buddy of my life (Doxluv) and had more fun than I would have imagined five years ago!

I live in Florida about 45 minutes from Orlando (and no, you don't do the parks in the summer when you live here!) and work at Kennedy Space Center. I don't however, wear diapers in my car, no matter how far I drive for a Clay concert!

I live with my husband and little dachshund. I have a son and daughter in law who live in Orlando, and to my son's dismay, since the Orlando concert, there are now 2 new Clayfans in the family. My daughter-in-law and her mom fell in love that night. They call me almost daily asking if their DVD's are ready!

I've been a member of the Clayboard and Clayversity since the beginning, and although I read all the time, I don't post alot. I do enjoy all the conversation, though!!

Couch Tomato...I'm not sure, but I think I stood in line with you at Kimmel last September! What a wonderful time that was.

The name Janiepain...my name is Jane (Janie) and my husband says I can be a pain....hence Janiepain!

Welcome janiepain (LOL on the name), Toldforthis, and songinmysoul/yalcteef. songinmysould, it took me FOREVER to figure out your other name....but now I love it!

Janiepain, my husband and I were in Florida in April for my niece's wedding, and we LOVED visiting Kennedy Space Center. Very informative and fascinating to us.

Welcome janiepain. Congratulations on converting two new fans!! You might find yourself posting here--give it a whirl--but even if you don't, glad to have your around.

My old buddy songinmysoul doesn't post much either, but I hope she'll put in a word now and then.

I live in Florida about 45 minutes from Orlando (and no, you don't do the parks in the summer when you live here!) and work at Kennedy Space Center. I don't however, wear diapers in my car, no matter how far I drive for a Clay concert!

Hi Janiepain.......

Another FL fan here....... and i live in Orlando.

Greetings to all our new members! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I have welcomed some in the main thread, some here, and some in both places. Just hope I didn't miss anyone. To the latest group -- ToldForThis, Windstar2, songinmysoul, Janiepain -- we are very glad you're here. Pull up a computer, and let's chat. :)

See in you in the main thread! :music:

Caro listen.gif

Couch Tomato...I'm not sure, but I think I stood in line with you at Kimmel last September! What a wonderful time that was.

The name Janiepain...my name is Jane (Janie) and my husband says I can be a pain....hence Janiepain!

HI Janiepain - love your name. Thanks for explaining it.

Yes, Kimmel was a good day -- a bit overwhelming trying to do both -- but a great day nonetheless. Welcome to FCA. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Hello, everyone! I am clayrev1956--also known as 'clayrevolution' on the Clayboard, which I joined in 2003. I also post every now and again at the OFC and Clayversity as 'clayrevolution1956.' I'm also a long-time lurker at the Clackhouse.

I found out a while back that there's another clayrevolution somewhere (she sells stuff on Ebay) so I added the 1956 when I joined CV, but decided to shorten the name a bit here, hence 'clayrev1956.'

Clay had me at "Take." By the time I saw him sing DLTSGDOM in the Wildcard show, I was a goner. I had no doubt he'd be the audience's choice. And the rest is history.

I'm an Executive Assistant in our local government office, formerly a teacher (many years ago), single, and I live in the land of no-Clay: Louisiana. I've been fortunate to see Clay three times when our Louisiana Clay group traveled to Valdosta, Georgia for the JBT, Pensacola for the JNT2005, and most recently, Houston for the SRHP.

I found this board just a couple of weeks ago, been lurking ever since, and really enjoying the discussions.

ETA: Oops--Home Board and Board Name appears at the left, and I can't figure out how to get rid of it. I tried to edit my profile, but to no avail.

Edited by clayrev1956

hey Clayrev - I PMed you but you can remove the board name if you want by simply going into MY controls, Edit Profite information and replace the info with ---- or something snarky...anything can be put there. The only reason we need folks to fill in those boxes upon registration is to help us keep the spambots out.

Welcome.

I was going to write a long kick-ass introductory post to start life off at a new board, but like most of the posts I write in my head, it's dwindled down to these minimal ramblings.

<Cue violins.>

I happened on AI one might, hating all reality shows and knowing nothing about current pop music or culture. In 2003 I didn't even own a CD player. I was pulled into the addiction - kicking and screaming all the way - by the allure of the voice. I couldn't understand why I kept stopping and watching that program. It took me several weeks to figure out its name or that it was on two nights a week. I always found it while I was flipping channels! Clueless, I know.

Then, one dark & stormy night, I actually Googled those magic words, "Clay Aiken". Couldn't believe what I found. I'd never seen a message board although I was familiar with listservs. The rest is history

I have a fairly typical history in Clayland, moving from Board to Board as the winds blew or the mods raged. I still spend way too much time reading online but I've become much more of a lurker than poster. I just get tired of rehashing the same old, same old. Discussions that were new, interesting and enlightening in 2003, are tired in 2007. That said, I still love it when someone comes up with a new perspective or Clay gives the fans new fodder for the mills.

I've made many good friends via Clay and I love going to concerts to see them almost as much as to hear Clay. I almost never mention him in RL since very few of my friends or acquaintances have even heard of him!

Anyway, this may be the longest post I ever make here, but you'll see me hanging out at the bottom of the screen!

:affection: to YSRN, Shady, CinPA, Sun and all the other Claywhores I see here.

In a former life, I was Granan.

Edited by lilyshine

hey Clayrev - I PMed you but you can remove the board name if you want by simply going into MY controls, Edit Profite information and replace the info with ---- or something snarky...anything can be put there. The only reason we need folks to fill in those boxes upon registration is to help us keep the spambots out.

Welcome.

I went in and changed it--thanks!

:affection: to YSRN, Shady, CinPA, Sun and all the other Claywhores I see here.

In a former life, I was Granan.

EEEE!! It's granan lilyshine, my partner in crime for the gala, the NY3fer, and numerous other events along the way--like those great spots at the window for GMA when ATDW first came out. So glad you're here!!

Hello all , I did not know I can sign in through Meet and Greet. At least, with you all and maybe never with clay, but one can only hope that maybe someday he'll choose my name. :allgood:

I am on two boards. CB and CV and now here. Although I go tho these sites, I tend to lurk more than post. It is fun to read everyone's post and for some reason I can't think of anything scintillating to add to the conversation most times. I pipe in once in a while when I have something on my mind to share. But I enjoy the sense of humor and the wonderful camaraderie forged in these boards. It is truly amazing.

I am claymeanslove at the CV and leeanaforclay at the CB. I almost forgot I am also a member of OFC under leeana like I am here.

I go to the OFC only when Clay blogs or when Jemock wants to share her decidedly hilarious thoughts.

I do my best to attend at least one of Clay's concerts. There are times that I can manage to attend more than one but this Christmas Tour I can only do one :cry4: and that will be in kalamazoo.

I discovered Clay after the Wild Card. He's got me ever since.

To couchie and Admin and mods, Thank you for having me here

Edited by leeana