Check In

Couch Tomato

Hello...I'm new...feelin' kind of shy but I'll just jump in.

My homeboard is Clayversity although I've kind of been in the lurker mode for awhile. Spent some time at other boards but just didn't feel like I fit. I'm a huge fan but don't/can't handle the drama that surrounds Clay at times. I've got too much drama in my real life, I guess.

Boardname there is the same as here...but most people call me JJ

I'm a Special Education teacher, this is my 26th year. Good lord! I'm old. I'm single, have 2 cats and a mortgage! I sing. I am involved in community theater when I have time.

I discovered Clay about 2 weeks into the AI 2 season and have been here since. Did not come to the boards until it was almost over and have been around them since then, too!

I enjoy watching College football...GO HUSKERS! I enjoy being with friends and I love my new pool.

Oh, and, I am completely enamored with Clay. :lilredani:

Hola!

Here shall be my attempt at succinctness:

Home board journey has gone from TTC to WMS to GCA (screen name at GCA is the same). I recognize a few folks from those haunts *waves* to laughn and YSRN and some others from the fan fic section (yes, I'm one of those people) at CV (screen name there is claysgurl05 - oy, the fangirliness). Heard nice things about this place, so I thought I'd jump in and give it a whirl.

I'm a few months shy of 25 and just started graduate school two weeks ago to get my M.A. in English. I plan to teach comp/lit at the community/junior/small lib. arts college level when I graduate. Born and raised in Kentucky and proud of it. Cut me and I bleed blue (Go Wildcats!). *rah rah* What else? Hmm. I love all sorts of music, and I often cheat on Clay with Keith Urban and Michael Bublé and Rascal Flatts (3 boys for the price of one!). I love to read, write, and cook. I'm single, but I share my apartment with a small furry creature named Murphy. He's a cat, thereby ensuring that Clay will never be bunking at my place. *sigh*

As far as my Clay history goes, my college roommate talked me into watching AI for the bad auditions. When Clay walked into the audition room, I had my feet propped up on my desk. When he opened his mouth, they fell off the desk as I sat up straight in my chair. "Open Arms" was stuck in my head for weeks, and after the wildcard show, I was hooked. Despite his general avoidance of my area when he tours, I've managed to see him in concert *counts on fingers and toes* 12 times. Rather than enumerate his many lovely qualities ("preachin' to the choir" comes to mind), I'll just say that I have a perhaps unhealthy obsession love for his hands, his stubble, and his sparkly vests of yore. Basically, I love the guy. Even if he is a goober sometimes.

I think that about covers it. :)

It's so awesome seeing so many familiar names joining this board!!!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Hello everyone!!!!

A special Hello to my good buddy ToldForThis :F_05BL17blowkiss: who did indeed tell me it was hotter than hades in Florida in August!! I will never doubt her again!! Heh!

Very happy to be here--so many familiar names and fun fans! I was his at Take. . .; found my way to TTC and CB, then to RHT, then to one of its offshoot, discontented "Neighborhoods" A&E; and then to CH where I post the most. I also spend a bit of time at CV, and a few other assorted Clay boards (so many I think I have lost track-- this Clay thing is like a part time job for me. lol.) Still don't fully understand why he has me in such thrall-- but I love it.

I live close to Orlando-- and I have never been so hot in all my life-- weather-wise, that is. Thought I would fall over from heat exhaustion at the HRL concert (*waves* to shady)-- and I live here-- so I should be used to it. I lost count of how many concerts I've been to, but it is well over 20-- My name is the same at all boards and comes from my love of and academic/field research with dolphins.

I've always used FCA as a kind of Clay "google," (thanks, couchie!) but didn't realize there was also a message board until a reference was made to it a little while ago at CH-- I checked it out and found many fun folks were here-- so here I am.

edited to switch the post icon.

Edited by lyndolphin

Welcome to leeana, jumpingjacks and Mandler.

I always love it when I see connections already there to some members here.

Jamar shall get the recruiting gold star of the month. Where shall we make her wear it. heh.

Lyndolphin, I know we shared at least a leg of a clayventure somewhere in my deep muddied past. heee. I think it was NAT and somewhere down south. Raleigh or Greenville or Greensboro or Charleston. One of those places :cryingwlaughter: Welcome to FCA>

Jesus, it's 4:30 in the morning. Why am I up.

Lyndolphin, I know we shared at least a leg of a clayventure somewhere in my deep muddied past. heee. I think it was NAT and somewhere down south. Raleigh or Greenville or Greensboro or Charleston. One of those places :cryingwlaughter: Welcome to FCA>

Thanks, couchie. There was that ride from Greensboro or was it Winston Salem? to Greenville? (it all blurs together!) with Salamander and quotag -- with the two of us in the back seat oogling the concert program -- there was no CD player in the rental car- so we had to go back to the airport to change cars to make sure we could surround sound with his-Clayness on the long drive -- and then we sat next to each other at the Raleigh State Fair evening program -- good times!

Welcome lyndophin! We sat together in Cary this year and I fetched you one of those frozen strawberry-lemonade thingies. :RedGuy:

ETA: eeeeeeee, ldyjocelyn speaks my native tongue. YAY!

Edited by jmh123

Welcome lyndophin! We sat together in Cary this year and I fetched you one of those frozen strawberry-lemonade thingies. :RedGuy:

Where were you when I was so sweaty I couldn't pull my unders back up...I could have used a frozen strawberry-lemonade thingy about then!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Where were you when I was so sweaty I couldn't pull my unders back up...I could have used a frozen strawberry-lemonade thingy about then!!! :cryingwlaughter:

BWAH!! Don't tell KAndre we had them either--Scarlett took hers and made her take clack instead and she still hasn't forgiven her. :cryingwlaughter: