Check In

Couch Tomato

eeeeeeeeeee lots of fresh meat err nice new folks joining us other Clay lovers! Always room for more!!

Oh and Kandre doesn't really bite.....but watch out for her spork. It's a killer, kind of like the bunny. You think it is harmless.................

I tried counting them, lost count at 700 cause I was on the floor by then.
:cryingwlaughter: <-- the only emotie i can memorize right now.

*waves to all newbies*

thanks everyone for the warm welcome! :bighug: i'm sure i can manage posting in 2 boards, hee. KAndre, merrieeee and so many CHers...I've been reading your posts at the CH but haven't got the opportunity to talk to you guys...so happy i can do that here :F_05BL17blowkiss:

OK, so ya got a shitload of emotes here but where's the :wave or :hello one???

Not quite sure that this is what I'm going for:

:helloogreen:

I came here to look around cuz luckiest1 said this place was sane and I was curious to see what that might look like.

Apparently it looks like this?

:nanadance::dancemexicannana::dancingnana:

:manynanas:

Kewl!

:ole0: (who named :thewave : ole0 ???? )

The emotes rock.

Their names suck though.

Anyhoo...off to look 'round da joint...

canfly.gif

Welcome to all the newbies! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Aw crap. I haven't been a freakin' newbie anywhere for a hella long time!

OK, so I'm gonna bring a tradition with me.

This is the newbies greeter guy, so I'll greet myself, lol. :lmaosmiley-1:

animatedgreeterguy2.gif

Hi Canfly! We met briefly outside of Spam! Welcome to FCA!
Er...um... I met lotza of peoples outside of Spam, lol. :blush: Make a picture for me K?

bwah... it doesn't matter....it's wasn't anything epic. I was rooming with Lucky so she might have introduced us or perhaps pointed you out as a friend. I always hugged that back wall and took in all the fun in Shubert Alley.

Greeter guy is awfully cute!

bwah... it doesn't matter....it's wasn't anything epic. I was rooming with Lucky so she might have introduced us or perhaps pointed you out as a friend. I always hugged that back wall and took in all the fun in Shubert Alley.
OK, so you were one of the people standing near luckiest1, who was also being a back wall hugger, lol???

Greeter guy is awfully cute!
Ain't he though?

:hubbahubba:

Welcome canfly! Greeter Guy is pretty darned cute! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm new myself and I didn't post in this thread...oops.

I've posted at other boards, but none of them feel like home, so I'm hoping this is it. I lurked around here for a few months and thought this place was verra, verra nice!

animatedgreeterguy2.gif

He can greet me anytime! :D

:welcome:canfly!

Back wall hugging served us well when Clay appeared on the roof, heh. Best view in the alley! :P
Aw shaddap!

:mallet:

canfly got motioned to move UP closer by 2 different people, who presumably wanted clack of whatever might happen, so I was TOO close and when all of the cameras came out, I diligently pointed the camera at the stagedoor. Got clack of some chick with dark hair and was going "where the heck is Clay???". By the time I realized that he was above my head, I only got maybe 4 or 5 seconds of vid before he vanished.

:crapsign:

You can see his arms and his head though.

Is there any good splack of Clay on the roof???

Can you tell I'm verra, verra good at hijacking threads, lol?

hmmm...are you saying you're nosey or asking if I'm being nosey.... :cryingwlaughter:

I've been looking at the question for a day now and even though it's not a difficult question, the answer, for some reason, is not easy to explain.Writing down the reason has been next to impossible...the words in my brain do not translate to paper. Believe me I have tried, more than once. I guess all I can say is he's been stuck in my head since 2003....and I do mean stuck. It's a combination of music, the man and an unexplainable pull. He's like a freeking magnet.

I find it facinating to read these boards and watch the reactions of fans, young and old, to this talent from North Carolina. There is a passion that exists that is truly unique. People who are sure they know him when in reality they know "very little". He is very complicated and becoming more guarded as he moves through his career.

Guess that's why I lurk.....I'm still trying to figure out why the pull is so great for me...maybe by reading the stories, watching the love/hate relationship between the fans and the media and taking in the debates and the arguments and the reasonings of these devoted fans, I will be able to discover exactly why this person I don't know makes me hop planes and fly to the states ....enables me to talk with people I don't know from Adam and meet them for coffee.......guess I'm trying to find the answer by listening and watching.

OK...THAT'S ENOUGH MUSH.......Did I even come CLOSE to answering the question?? I've always had a problem condensing my material but I'm working on it. Thanks for the welcome. I do enjoy reading here. :wacko:

I guess I should check in here, huh. I've been reading the message boards ever since the end of AI because I had to find out as much as I could about Clay. Why the need? I had no idea, because although I'd been a big fan of others before, never to this extent. There really is something special about Clay, besides his amazing voice, and I have stopped trying to figure out what it is and just go with it. I'm a Clay addict with no desire to ever give him up. He has brought so mch happiness into my life, and so many life changes and experiences that I will never be able to thank him enough.

As far as why I started posting, I think its because I was finally ready to risk opening myself up. And I wanted to start being a part of a group, which is a big step for me. Another door that has opened thanks to Clay.

I have so enjoyed being a part of this board where I feel respected, and where there are so many funny, intelligent women.

Welcome justclay12 and calurker! Sounds like we're lucky to have you newbies on the board. Justclay, I've been enjoying your posts, and calurker, I hope we'll be hearing more from you.

Hi all. I was just going to post in another thread and I realized I had not posted here yet and probably very few would know who I was. I have been visiting the Finding Clay Aiken site almost since it opened(great site!) but just realized there is a forum here a few months ago. I'm not a big poster anywhere, but I am probably best known at the Clackhouse, where I post as Claysession. I have been a fan since the very beginning and the people I have met are a great fringe benefit. The ever fascinating Clay Aiken keeps me here.