#59: Forget life -- It's CLAY time!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My life has been so enriched by knowing this Clay Aiken guy!
    • I love Clay !! Forever and ever !
    • It's About Damn Time for the Spaghetti & Meatball Show.
    • Let's do it again, girls!
    • Clay is hilarious and lickable at the same time
    • I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend
    • Brad Pitt, Johnny Dep move over, way over, here comes Clay.
    • It's always like the first date all over again with Clay, and I always end up falling in love.
    • Whoever shrunk those jeans... thank you!
    • He branded me for life.
    • Clay Aiken: I am me.

Coming hesitantly out of lurkdom. . . . When I first joined all you lovely folks here at FCA last year, many of you were so welcoming (thanks !) that I shouldn't feel at all shy about returning!

What a fabulous couple of concerts--in Milwaukee, and best of all, a few days ago in Hammond !! Hi, thanks, and hugs to my friend and travel director buddy, Grape4CA, who made it all possible !

Also, it seems I've forgotten (no surprise there !) how to reply to parts of multiple posts--hence, this low-tech reply !

Cindilu, it was so great to finally meet you !! And you do give the best bigass hugs ever ! Muahhh to you ! :BlowKiss:

I had been looking forward to your M & G almost as much as you were, I think (ridiculous, I know). To be able to share the anticipation beforehand was lovely--waiting for the passes and waiting for you to go in to see The Man himself were nicely nervous-making. And your face afterwards !? That's what I had hoped most to see for myself !! May I say you looked like you had swallowed the sun ?! So much joy and so many smiles are rare in life, and I feel privileged to have shared yours and to be able carry the memory with me for a long time! :yahoo:

Also, I had been hoping to meet more of you at the concert, so the bonus was that we did get to meet you too, luckiest1 ! Thanks for the greetings, and I hope you're feeling much better !

I love Clay !! Forever and ever !

*staples headoverheels to the board*

Muahhhhhh. Now stay here!! (and stop making me sniffle, k? :bighug:)

I got the same tweet, excited to see when the St. Louis date, which was rumored, would be. Didn't find it. This makes me think that the list isn't TOTALLY complete.

I'm also not real thrilled that the Chicagoland show, in Waukegan, is on a Wednesday evening. Really tough for me to get away for that one. Hmmmm.

Nothing less than 5 and a half hours drive for us Claynadians (at least those in my neck of the woods). That's a long drive at that time of year. I don't want another Erie scenario. Good thing I grabbed those Charlotte tickets when I did....at least I can get to an airport in 2 hours. :P

Yeah, but Cleveland is a Saturday. Just sayin :clay:

So now we only want him touring on weekends? Heheheh.

Either that or we all quit our jobs so we can follow him around, LOL!

Kim

I got the same tweet, excited to see when the St. Louis date, which was rumored, would be. Didn't find it. This makes me think that the list isn't TOTALLY complete.

I'm also not real thrilled that the Chicagoland show, in Waukegan, is on a Wednesday evening. Really tough for me to get away for that one. Hmmmm.

Nothing less than 5 and a half hours drive for us Claynadians (at least those in my neck of the woods). That's a long drive at that time of year. I don't want another Erie scenario. Good thing I grabbed those Charlotte tickets when I did....at least I can get to an airport in 2 hours. :P

Yeah, but Cleveland is a Saturday. Just sayin :clay:

So now we only want him touring on weekends? Heheheh.

Either that or we all quit our jobs so we can follow him around, LOL!

Kim

Aikim... weren't merrieeee and keeping talking about a cult??? Whatcha think of robes the color of Clay's eyes? If we chant nicely, he might let us sing back-up. LOL

cindi... I'm shocked, I say, shocked at your behavior, missy! Impersonating a lesbian (How does one do that, anywho???) BWAH! Swallowing the sun! Doing something kinky with shirts!

Well, ok, maybe not!

In fact...

it kinda sounds like a whole lot of fun!

(I wanna do that!!!)

liney Sounds good to me...I think I may have to change my name to Casey though..if you know what I mean! :evillaugh:

Kim

Either no one has watched the Memphis PBS interview yet, or maybe we are all just in a clack-induced coma. Seriously one of the best interviews I've seen Clay give in some time. The interviewer, while maybe a bit dull, was well-versed and let Clay talk without interruption. Beautiful footage from the PBS special is shown, and some unseen Unicef footage as well. Great stuff! 26 minutes well spent. If you haven't downloaded it, run, don't walk. It's well worth it.

Just received this email from the OFC:

"Tried & True" Tour Fan Club Pre-sale!

The Official Fan Club pre-sales for select cities on Clay's 2011 "Tried & True" tour will begin tomorrow morning at 10:00am PDT and will close this Friday, August 20, at 5:00pm PDT. Please visit the Appearances page on www.clayaiken.com to access all fan club pre-sales.

Cities with pre-sales tomorrow will be Miami, Orlando, Sarasota, Knoxville, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Baltimore, Greenville, Cincinnati, Fort Wayne, Minneapolis, and Memphis. We will announce pre-sales for cities not listed in the coming weeks.

We're excited to bring you some of the best seats in the house for Clay's first tour supporting his new album, "Tried & True" , and DVD "Clay Aiken: Tried & True - Live!". Thanks for being a Clay Aiken Official Fan Club member!

The Official Fan Club pre-sales for select cities on Clay's 2011 "Tried & True" tour will begin tomorrow morning at 10:00am PDT and will close this Friday, August 20, at 5:00pm PDT. Please visit the Appearances page on www.clayaiken.com to access all fan club pre-sales.

Cities with pre-sales tomorrow will be Miami, Orlando, Sarasota, Knoxville, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Baltimore, Greenville, Cincinnati, Fort Wayne, Minneapolis, and Memphis. We will announce pre-sales for cities not listed in the coming weeks.

We're excited to bring you some of the best seats in the house for Clay's first tour supporting his new album, "Tried & True" , and DVD "Clay Aiken: Tried & True - Live!". Thanks for being a Clay Aiken Official Fan Club member!

No, I'll be working tomorrow. Maybe I'll head into the bathroom with my Droid and credit card.

I forgot I can't get the OFC on the Droid. :cry4:

Somebody better get busy between now and tomorrow afternoon! Only two of those shows are even listed on ticketbastard. Ought to be an interesting day!!

That Memphis PBS interview is amazing. Almost a full half hour of him talking - and very few fluff questions. Excellent!!!!

No, I'll be working tomorrow. Maybe I'll head into the bathroom with my Droid and credit card.

I forgot I can't get the OFC on the Droid. :cry4:

Yes you can I do it all the time. You just have to use full URLs instead of the menus:

1st... go to http://www.clayaiken.com/login and log-in and let your phone save the name/password if it asks

2nd... instead of using the menus go to this URL to order tickets: http://www.clayaiken.com/events

you can also use these on the droid; just program them in as bookmarks:

www.clayaiken.com/news

www.clayaiken.com/blogs

www.clayaiken.com/forum

www.clayaiken.com/users

www.clayaiken.com/users/clayaiken

www.clayaiken.com/account

I watched the Memphis PBS interview last night, and I found it interesting in a few respects. Number l, Clay looked and sounded really fine. Next, the interviewer did his homework by reading Clay's book. So many of the questions were straight out of Learning to Sing. But the funny thing was, Clay countered the premise of just about every question he asked, from his mother, to Johnny Mathis, Claymates, and so on. The Unicef footage was the best part for me. Lots of new footage. And I love that Clay loves to tour. How fortunate for all of us!

I for one am glad that the Houston and Dallas pre-sales are NOT tomorrow. I need to replenish the coffers before I go spending more on Clay tickets -- because I did San Francisco, Reno and Biloxi to my heart's content. Man oh man, this has been the best of times. I like what's happening in my life these days. Wonderful friends, great travels and concerts with Clay. Much laughter and swooning. Heavenly days.

:GM_FCA:

57 Days until The Special Chicago Concert!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I watched the Memphis PBS interview last night, and I found it interesting in a few respects. Number l, Clay looked and sounded really fine. Next, the interviewer did his homework by reading Clay's book. So many of the questions were straight out of Learning to Sing. But the funny thing was, Clay countered the premise of just about every question he asked, from his mother, to Johnny Mathis, Claymates, and so on. The Unicef footage was the best part for me. Lots of new footage. And I love that Clay loves to tour. How fortunate for all of us!

I really liked this guy's approach - he did his research. Even if some of it was a little outdated it was a great overview of Clay's life post-idol for those who lost track of him. And what a life it's been! UNICEF, NIP, Learning to Sing, Broadway, touring (thank god he loves it!).

On the bolded - I can't recall the exact wording (eta: I re-listened) but the interviewer said something like 'you have to endure having your own quotes thrown back in your face years later.' This is something I think about often - how would I fare if everything I said when I was 25 (or 35, or in some cases, last week, lol) was recorded for posterity and then used against me later. Oh boy, I don't think I'd do so well. (Just to clarify... I'm not saying you are doing that kf - your post just made me think of this). I think the Clay of 2002/3 got a whole lot of life-lessons he never could have dreamed of and those lessons changed his (if not narrow, then perhaps a little naive) perspective on a lot of things. He is ever evolving and endlessly fascinating to me. It is both wonderful and terrible that we've been able to see him 'grow up' before our eyes. He may not be everyone's idol but he sure is my hero.

You know...I have no idea what calendar I was looking at yesterday. Waukegan is on a Friday night. I should be able to make that one. But of course, that's one that there is no presale yet. I might also throw Minneapolis into the mix as well.

It's crazy following that Clay Aiken guy!

On the bolded - I can't recall the exact wording (eta: I re-listened) but the interviewer said something like 'you have to endure having your own quotes thrown back in your face years later.' This is something I think about often - how would I fare if everything I said when I was 25 (or 35, or in some cases, last week, lol) was recorded for posterity and then used against me later. Oh boy, I don't think I'd do so well. (Just to clarify... I'm not saying you are doing that kf - your post just made me think of this).

It was the interviewer who was throwing his words back at him, and Clay was responding with "updates" -- I loved it. You can't box him in. So often I read that fans "assume" Clay didn't mean what he said in the past, and I think he did. I also think he's an evolving person who embraces change. My favorite type of person, actually.

And, cindilu :BlowKiss: , we've never met, but for future reference you can be assured I never take comments personally. People that have tried to insult me with all their hearts and minds have failed miserably, because I'm neither thin-skinned nor particularly observant, so shooosh, right over my head most of the time!

OMG, school has started. Big-time. Life changes again.

On the bolded - I can't recall the exact wording (eta: I re-listened) but the interviewer said something like 'you have to endure having your own quotes thrown back in your face years later.' This is something I think about often - how would I fare if everything I said when I was 25 (or 35, or in some cases, last week, lol) was recorded for posterity and then used against me later. Oh boy, I don't think I'd do so well. (Just to clarify... I'm not saying you are doing that kf - your post just made me think of this).

It was the interviewer who was throwing his words back at him, and Clay was responding with "updates" -- I loved it. You can't box him in. So often I read that fans "assume" Clay didn't mean what he said in the past, and I think he did. I also think he's an evolving person who embraces change. My favorite type of person, actually.

And, cindilu :BlowKiss: , we've never met, but for future reference you can be assured I never take comments personally. People that have tried to insult me with all their hearts and minds have failed miserably, because I'm neither thin-skinned nor particularly observant, so shooosh, right over my head most of the time!

OMG, school has started. Big-time. Life changes again.

That's good - I am just paranoid after all these years. :hahaha:

I must say that ground[ctrl] and Team Clay did good - perhaps the smoothest presale I've encountered, and some really good seats coming up (not that I got the really good ones, but I've read others did).