#59: Forget life -- It's CLAY time!

ldyjocelyn

Thread Title  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• My life has been so enriched by knowing this Clay Aiken guy!
    • I love Clay !! Forever and ever !
    • It's About Damn Time for the Spaghetti & Meatball Show.
    • Let's do it again, girls!
    • Clay is hilarious and lickable at the same time
    • I l.o.v.e. my hawt humanatarianactivistsingersongwriterambassador boyfriend
    • Brad Pitt, Johnny Dep move over, way over, here comes Clay.
    • It's always like the first date all over again with Clay, and I always end up falling in love.
    • Whoever shrunk those jeans... thank you!
    • He branded me for life.
    • Clay Aiken: I am me.

:GM_FCA:

55 Days until The Special Chicago Concert!:yahoo:

57 Days until The National Inclusion Project Gala!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

treenuts, I was in bed both times you posted. I may not have a life but I do sleep. :cryingwlaughter:

Maybe I'm alone but I'm finding the amount of clack overwhelming this go round. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I love the choices so I'm looking forward to everyone's opinion about the ultimate clack. With Mr. Fear's bad knees I have had to do more tasks around the house than I did previously so the days just fly by.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

I just tend to set everything to download once a day, so I can keep up with it. I figure eventually I'll watch a few from each venue to figure out which is the best angle, and of course I am sure goldarngirl will eventually want to do a montage series. :P I vote for Windsor first. :)

I just tend to set everything to download once a day, so I can keep up with it. I figure eventually I'll watch a few from each venue to figure out which is the best angle, and of course I am sure goldarngirl will eventually want to do a montage series. :P I vote for Windsor first. :)

See now, I have already been asked about the Best of series (not counting the fact I haven't finished the GFI and we have at least two more SRHP to do, which I guess can wait). I was actually thinking going from the beginning Asheville. I guess we can put feelers out in a week or so and see what we have for clack. We still have canfly172 from a lot of the venues which we will be uploading this weekend (she has had internet problems) and poor Scarlett is doing her best to get hers up. I imagine there will be more coming out of the woodwork in due time. I'm done mine except for two corrupt Melbourne files (which I'm seeking help with). I'm looking forward to doing this series, lots more singing and less talking.

Waiting impatiently for the “Best of Mic in the Drawers” montage from Windsor. For a venue from which there was supposed to be no Clack, I sure have a lot of files in my Timeless Tour folder. :P

This was actually funny because even though they said NO cameras a lot of the security people, as long as they didn't see flashes they pretty much left the clacktakers along (at least that was my experience, until people two rows behind called a security person over and pointed me out).

Happy Weekend, FCA! :yahoo:

The new Carolina On My Mind blog anticipates Clay's 'OMG 2' Winter Tour concerts with promo interview videos/ticket sale info and celebrates Timeless Tour highlights with SueReu's very special montage.

For those in the Memphis area, the "Conversation with Clay Aiken" interview by WKNO will re-air at 6:30 p.m. Oct. 6.

Thank you for your blog visits and comments. They provide an important boost for the Internet Clay blogs at Google.

Have an awesome weekend, all! :twinklewhore:

Caro :listen:

Speculations-R-Us ~

Here is the twitter sighitng Clay in Vegas (supposedly)

Jeremy Jerbotz Abellera You'll Never guess who was a Surrender Night Club last night......... CLAY .... AIKEN!!!!! hahahhahah

Side note: Surrender Night Club is at the Encore at the Wynn in Las Vegas.

I'makinda hopin' it's "work related" and it is the ONLY way I would go to Vegas again! But GO I WILL IF CLAY IS THERE!!

We shall see... :whistling-1:

tree... if you go, I will follow and roomie wit ya' agin. LOL

By the way... thanks for those youtubes! I loved them. I loved the three theme songs... they were all excellent!

Anybody willing to take bets on how long Idol will last with Randy Jackson, Mariah Carey and Steven Tyler?

I give it no snaps and a rest in peace.

keeping... now I would say the first few weeks will be well watched to see how it works. If it is a trainwreck, that will end that. They are both musical legands and if their personalities are decent, it might work. If they are both diva's, if it is funny, even roll your eyes funny, that may work too. People used to watch Pauler to see what wierd thing she would do or say every week. We'll have to wait and see.

Speculations-R-Us ~

Jeremy Jerbotz Abellera You'll Never guess who was a Surrender Night Club last night......... CLAY .... AIKEN!!!!! hahahhahah

I'makinda hopin' it's "work related" and it is the ONLY way I would go to Vegas again! But GO I WILL IF CLAY IS THERE!!

By the way... thanks for those youtubes! I loved them. I loved the three theme songs... they were all excellent!

Anybody willing to take bets on how long Idol will last with Randy Jackson, Mariah Carey and Steven Tyler?

keeping... now I would say the first few weeks will be well watched to see how it works. If it is a trainwreck, that will end that. They are both musical legands and if their personalities are decent, it might work. If they are both diva's, if it is funny, even roll your eyes funny, that may work too. People used to watch Pauler to see what wierd thing she would do or say every week. We'll have to wait and see.

This is the first I have heard about Mariah Carey. Is this for real? I knew about Steven Tyler.

Speculations-R-Us ~

Liney, who in that group would be funny and entertaining? Randy has been fawning over his ties to Mariah Carey for years so that sounds like fun, not. He's been phoning it in without an original comment for the past five years, unless he did or said something clever when I wasn't looking. I don't think he even listens to the performances, but pulls a random response out of a bag under the desk. Mariah reportedly wants to do the show because AMT has been so successful for her hubby. Steven Tyler? Just no. I'd watch Liv Tyler, but her 62 year old used up, falling out daddy? Just go ahead and get Keith Richards, why don't they? How about this endorsement:

Steven Tyler's pal Tommy Lee says the Aerosmith singer would "kill it" as an American Idol judge (as long as he didn't fall off the stage). Look, you’re judging karaoke—you don’t need to be a really super experienced judge for that.

I wouldn't need a few weeks to make my decision. Not that I'm one of their faithful watchers. I only loosely keep up with it, and will fast forward through a couple of shows a year at the most, so they won't be losing anything much with me. I watched an early show last season and thought Casey had the best shot at success. The guy that ultimately won sang about as flat as a highway frog so the show was pretty much gone anyway, while Simon was still there. But I'll no longer have the inclination to DVR even a couple of shows with that proposed group. I really won't care what the "judges" comments are, or about whom they are commenting. And especially themselves! I think the producers have forgotten that when the show began, Simon and Randy, to a certain degree Paula, and Ryan, were strangers to the audience. And it wouldn't surprise me a bit if Simon's new show goes belly up, too, unless he has a personality transplant. I thought the old one was on life support already.

I have my theory about the Idol Finale. I think Clay highjacked another one. He wasn't invited to the Finale, or if he was it was only to stand in line and sing hosannas to Simon with a group of also-rans who we don't remember the names of .... So he flew into LA very visibly. Was photographed at the airport. Was photographed at the bakery the next morning with Quiana. The internet is buzzing about Clay Aiken being in town for the Big Idol Finale -- The Simon Sendoff. The Finale was a predictable dud, and the next day the buzz is ... Where was Clay Aiken? Yep, he did it again! He's pretty damned good, because I think it's a positive achievement to fuck over the dark side! *g*

Is this week from hell over yet?

Mariah Carey? Hmmm. I haven't watched Idol in a long while and have no intention of starting. The new group don't make me want to tune in but I watched for the kids anyway. I do know Randy is tired. And of course I know both Steven and Mariah but I don't know them. I don't think I've heard either have a conversation so don't anything about their personalities. Maybe they are a barrel of laughs. I guess time will tell.

I got my Tried and True DVD today and my CD. Now that's the way to start the weekend.

kf, why don't you tell us how you really feel, OK?

Oh, okay, if you insist. The show has been gliding downward since it caught fire while actually finding the American Idol in Season Two. It has finally, after a long, slow slog to the bottom, made touch down. But I don't give a good crap about its demise because we still have the Idol with us. I saw him just last week! Idol the TV Show may be in ashes, but Clay is just starting to make his move.

The Idol producers and judges have made more money than they ever imagined, so I'm happy for them to go forth and spend generously. I'm also in favor of one of the networks putting a show in that time slot to go up against it successfully, such as It's About Damn Time for the Spaghetti & Meatball Show. In my dreams, I know. But wouldn't it be the sweetest thing?

It would be the best thing ever. And it should come on at least once a week so I can have Clay on my TV all the time. :flirtysmile3:

One of my favorite bits of banter is the night Clay said that AI wasn't much of a show until he and Ruben were on it, because that's absolutely true, and AI has been trying to recapture that ever since. I won't deny that there have been other success stories from the show and people who have sold more albums, but I agree with you that Clay is, in a sense, that show's nemesis--the one, the only one, who manages to "fuck over the dark side" again and again, as you put it so eloquently.

From jclay at CV regarding a couple of tweets from the same person yesterday:

I was flying to Dallas from LA and he was meeting his kid and Jaymes Foster (Mom) at the gate. very random!

Clay Aiken was at the Dallas airport to pick up his kid! It's weird to get off a plane & see him.

One of my favorite bits of banter is the night Clay said that AI wasn't much of a show until he and Ruben were on it, because that's absolutely true, and AI has been trying to recapture that ever since.

I downloaded that bit of video from Hampton Beach into my photobucket, because the version on You Tube has been edited to take out the saltiness, and I do love a little salt on everything. I'm never sure if this is going to work, but here's an attempt at it to click on:

th_100810_TT_HamptonBeach_PreEIDBanter_Scarlett.jpg

This clip has several favorite moments for me - such as the end when his voice cracks and he does the puberty bit ... "I've been waiting forever for this. This is the night." I love that more than words can say. He's so everlasting cute.

:GM_FCA:

54 Days until The Special Chicago Concert!:yahoo:

56 Days until The National Inclusion Project Gala!

:yahoo:

Happy Birthday to all celebrating!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

One of my favorite bits of banter is the night Clay said that AI wasn't much of a show until he and Ruben were on it, because that's absolutely true, and AI has been trying to recapture that ever since.

I downloaded that bit of video from Hampton Beach into my photobucket, because the version on You Tube has been edited to take out the saltiness, and I do love a little salt on everything. I'm never sure if this is going to work, but here's an attempt at it to click on:

th_100810_TT_HamptonBeach_PreEIDBanter_Scarlett.jpg

This clip has several favorite moments for me - such as the end when his voice cracks and he does the puberty bit ... "I've been waiting forever for this. This is the night." I love that more than words can say. He's so everlasting cute.

Thank you for that. I have a feeling I'll be watching that over and over and over. You didn't mention that he looks totally lickable too. :flirtysmile3:

Heh. I guess I've never considered AI "the dark side" any more than I considered RCA "the dark side." I honestly don't care all that much about the show, although I will say two things: 1) totally agree that Clay seems to be the one that they still can't figure out how his star grew so fast, and is still glowing to this day. I think he confounds them. Fortunately, there's quite a few people who still "get him," and remember him fondly. (See: NJU audiences to the Timeless tour.) 2) I honestly think Steven Tyler could be an interesting judge. I would never live my life the way he did, but I end up, somehow, liking the "survivors" as I call them. I'm willing to tune in a time or two just to see what he's like.

On another note, I was looking for something on Newsweek's website yesterday, and found this:

The Case Against Celebrity Gossip

Now, I'll be the first to admit that I'd like to know who Clay's dating, where he's at during a particular moment, etc. But, I don't go searching for it, and I certainly don't believe I have a personal stake in knowing these things. I've always known it in this fandom, but this article illustrates that other artists have the same kind of things going on.

Has everybody that wants to see Devin sing DLTSGDOM in Nevada, probably Reno, in the company of Casey and Ben, and the "unseen cameraman" had a chance to download the "straight" version -- as in, the 90 degree rotation has been fixed -- and if not, here's a link because I think it is so much fun:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jy3jue

LadyJ, I guess my standards don't include "survivors" and good for Tyler, if true, but I need a lot more than that to be entertained and don't think it qualifies him for a career extension beyond burn-out. Clay saying more than once that he doesn't watch the show because "when you've seen how the sausage is made you don't want to eat it," sums it up for me. The jokes are scripted, nothing is left to chance, it's no longer anything but a rip-off that I'm done with completely. And now, I'm through talking about it.

I'm feeling a strange reaction to the end of this tour. I need to see it again! Where are they? I definitely need more shows. Maybe Clay and Ruben are just giving me an opportunity to save up a little more money before the next hit at my bank account. Could it be that tickets for T&T have gone on sale early to lock down some seats before any new Clay and Ruben dates are announced? Of course, I'm dreaming. That's what I do best, and nobody gets hurt.

Is there some back story to the Devin video? You have to remember that some of us only read here and this is the first time it's been mentioned. Is there speculation that Clay is the camera man? I don't think I hear him.

Is there some back story to the Devin video? You have to remember that some of us only read here and this is the first time it's been mentioned. Is there speculation that Clay is the camera man? I don't think I hear him.

Don't know about the cameraman thing, but most definitely hear him harmonizing after about the 3 minute mark (on the original sideways version anyway)

I had heard that the video was taken in a karaoke bar in Biloxi...but who knows...always love how things go from board to board and fan to fan and before you know it the story has changed a zillion times, LOL!

Kim