# 8 My titanium balled, taking his life into his big hands,

Ansamcw

Thread Title Poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be for the FCA Forum?

• I really look forward to hearing Clay bring a sexy Moon River back
    • All this talk of Moon River has made pour a nice glass of red wine, curl up on my sofa with Waldo
    • It makes your girl parts vibrate
    • The board of easy women
    • It's just that Clay's world is so much more than us. So much more than fans and concert dates and venue choices and juvenile exchanges on his fan site. He's just so much more.
    • He's just so much more.
    • He's a man of a 1000 faces and all of them are great to look at.
    • They have not fallen down on their knees and kissed his lily white ass!

Hey anybody getting in on the pala sale...couchie does not see a password thingy coming up...

Is she on Ticketmaster? It's in the 2nd section entitled Fan Club.

ETA... oops, too late.. she figured it out. Did the eHP get Houston tix?

Ah, thanks, Ansa. I was looking in the Tour Forum, not the Ticket Forum. Duh!

Congrats, everyone. I'm living vicariously so far.

Edited by YSRN

Hey anybody getting in on the pala sale...couchie does not see a password thingy coming up...

Is she on Ticketmaster? It's in the 2nd section entitled Fan Club.

ETA... oops, too late.. she figured it out. Did the eHP get Houston tix?

Yup they got group tickets...check the Houston tix thread on Summer 2007 forum

YAY we got the 4...row 16 and 17...

(Sigh!) After only pulling up Row 18 tickets for Pala, I panicked and took Section A, Row 17 when I read on other boards that people were getting "Tickets Unavailable." After I finished the transaction, I decided to torture myself and see what came up -- and pulled up Row 15! :angry22: This ALWAYS happens to me!

Ah, well... I guess I was getting a little too excited after reading about the fantastic tickets fans got in Houston. And I suppose Row 17 is still better than the regular sale. It is still Clay.

And I'll get to see some of you there! Anyone else with seats in that section?

(Sigh!) After only pulling up Row 18 tickets for Pala, I panicked and took Section A, Row 17 when I read on other boards that people were getting "Tickets Unavailable." After I finished the transaction, I decided to torture myself and see what came up -- and pulled up Row 15! :angry22: This ALWAYS happens to me!

Ah, well... I guess I was getting a little too excited after reading about the fantastic tickets fans got in Houston. And I suppose Row 17 is still better than the regular sale. It is still Clay.

And I'll get to see some of you there! Anyone else with seats in that section?

Hee we got row 17 too...

I kept getting row 15 ...but that is for single tickets. too bad I have issues with my CC...so I can only cheer angela on. But it was kind weird that the password didn't come up for most people right away. It was up in mine when I went in.

But that was the first time I really watched the sale...very interesting. And it is freaky when you get that no tickets available.

Not having any luck here at all! Neither is muski!!

:angry22:

why are you guys not getting the password thing? or jsut not pulling up good tickets?

But that was the first time I really watched the sale...very interesting. And it is freaky when you get that no tickets available.

If you want to see the "other side of the coin," see the documentary "Shut Up and Sing." Toward the end of the movie, the manager of the Dixie Chicks (who also happens to be Clay's manager *g*) was with the Ticketmaster people, watching the orders try to go through. I thought it very funny, having been on the side of fighting TM trying to get tickets.

*crosses fingers for Claygasm and muski*

Well, I finally gave up. After passing early on Row 15 seats in the 20's and then the time expiring while we tried to make up our minds on row 16, seats in the 20's, muski grabbed a couple in row 20 - no clue what section at this point or seat numbers. That's 4 rows closer than the seats I grabbed on Firday. We kept pulling up the same seats over and over - Sec. B, Row 19, seats 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 and 33, 34. Over and over and over and over.

I think I'll check back from time to time today, but I guess I really do need to do some work!

I hate TM and I hate :Tour4: !

But I love :TourExcite:

Nothing to get your heart pumping like a no tickets available notice. So of course I took what popped up next. I'm happy with my tickets. It's like almost all the tickets I had for NAT. And looks like I'll be surrounded by the fandom. Did anybody get a seat today better than row 15? :allgood:

So Claygasm, if you and Muski got more tickets does that mean you'll have tickets to sell. I'll see if my brother and maybe my SIL's sister would like to go.

Heeeee....I love me some Houston...

Hugs to all the Pala people...

OK, the Greek presale thingie had better be good!

What Greek presale thingie???

KAndre, thanks again for being such a great noble leader and wise one!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Do you think if by any chance the schedule that is out is the complete schedule TC will let us know???

Do you think if by any chance the schedule that is out is the complete schedule TC will let us know???

I think so cos then they could bring out the official tour press release

:Tour4: :Tour4: :Tour4:

I don't have to experience that until around April 13th for Nokia. I'm dreading it in a way. I have been fortunate to have good seats before for my concerts. Somehow though, I have a bad feeling about this time. I can't find anything from a broker closer than 10th row. I'm just not going to pay close to 400 dollars for tenth row.

It sounds like most of you had fairly good luck. Row 20 on down is still pretty good vision.

Stupid typos. :angry22:

Edited by Clayzorback

Now that my heart is back in the proper place after this morning's ticket buying frenzy (can I just say that I want to marry KAndre?), and I've got some time after actually doing some real "work" in my office, I'm gonna go back and quote some of my favorite things from the past 24 hours or so...

Poddie Folsom Prison

(Sung to the tune of Johnny Cash's Folsom Prison song)

<snip>

Now there's Poddies eating crow

in a fancy dining car

they're still wanting to drink the kool-aid

and looking for the bar

Well we know they had it coming,

and we know we can't be free

'Cause those people keep a staying here'

and that's what tortures me...

This? Bloody brilliant! Thank you so very much

I wouldn't feel right if I didn't leave you all with a little eye candy! You can thank me later!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, for both the pretty picture and rcknrllmom's great montage! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Clay is touring for the money? No shit Kojak! So isn't it also great that touring is something he loves and nobody can ever convince me otherwise. Clay always keeps his audience in mind when putting together his shows yet he also does what he loves and is comfortable with. He loves all kinds of music...from what he has chosen to perform on Idol and at his tours I get a pretty good idea of Clay. He leans toward the ballad - he loves his cheese, but he also loves uptempo stuff. Maybe my memory is wrong...looks like a project..an easy one since I just need to pull it over the from website.

No, I don't think your memory is faulty at all. Sure, Clay's in the business to earn money, and it seems like he does a pretty darn good job of it too. But I really believe that much more important to HIM is him sharing his talent with his fans. AND -- he's gonna share with them what he likes, with maybe some stretching on his part. You know, "pick a lane and stay in it, but don't be afraid to swerve a little." I also think he knows that there is no pleasing each and every fan he has...so what to do? Do stuff that pleases HIM. Very simple, really -- IMO.

There's no celebration, no joy -- only when Clay blogs, or good news goes up, or an hour or two after a concert.

I know keepingfaith was writing about the OFC here. (I salute those of you who try to keep the sanity and rationality to that place. You're braver people than I am...) But, I've discovered that this also holds true at many of the other fanboards as well. It's like atinal talked about a few days ago -- the "drug" high only lasts a few hours at most, and then things settle back into quagmire. If I could chuck my job today and do something different, I'd study this fandom as an academic persuit (I know, not good when I'm also PART of the fandom, but work with me, OK?) and try to figure out why exactly this phenomenon happens. Clay makes me happy, and I'm usually smiling for a few days after a good appearance, or even just a decent article. So why is it different for others?

Before every tour, fans have always seemed to predict disappointment.

<snip>

Yet, despite all this, fans rushed to buy tickets--upgrading, buying from brokers, joining subscriptions and memberships. The clack demand never ceased, and despite all the complaints, fans kept coming.

Why?

Because the guy delivers. Brilliantly. Beautifully. No matter what. Through illness and inclement weather. For the full value of the ticket price. Other artists may sing for an hour on stage, but Clay gives much more, never holding anything back, singing some of the most difficult songs at the very end of the show.

<snip>

So, I read some of these negative posts and think, "Yeah, they say this now." But wait until they're actually looking up at him on stage. Wait until those lights go on, when he strides on to the stage, flashes a rakish grin, and opens his mouth. Wait until the music pours out and engulfs us all.

That's why he continues to sell tickets, despite all the bitching and moaning. He is irresistible, and we know it.

jenna, this entire post was magnificent. Bravo.

The one thing I'd add to it is that people will bitch/moan/complain like crazy before their show. Then they go -- and have the time of their lives. But then something very interesting happens, IMO -- they seem to forget the glow and immediately go back into their routine of bitching/moaning/complaining. Again, WHY? I think it is like playbiller said with the JNT2005 -- Clay's really not cool enough for them. These are supposed to be "hip, with-it" women, and yet they believe the media's representation of Clay as being "not cool" and deride CLAY for that. Honestly -- I don't care about "cool," I just really, really, really like Clay.

Some people believe my fight, or what I fight for in general is to be the anti-pod. But in reality the thing that is most important to me is that people stop presenting opinion as fact. I really hate that some people start rumors or state their opinon and then repeat it so often that it is thought of as fact.

I really just want to have fun and not battle people.

The question really becomes -- who is to blame? The people who state the things over and over, or the people who believe it? As a librarian, one of the things I teach is information literacy -- thinking critically about sources before using something for a paper, for example. My biggest headache is Wikipedia. It LOOKS like an entirely credible source, and so students use it all the time (and unfortunately, many teachers let them get by with it). But -- since anyone can edit any article in it -- it's a LOUSY source, and teaching students to think about what they read there before using it is a skill they need to learn. I think of the same thing in the fandom. What's a credible "source" about Clay? Well, to me it's Clay. Yes, there are editorial licenses all around with interviews with him...but I feel better about trusting a newspaper source more than a fan source. *shrug*

Why is everything always a battle? Why have so many put aside the idea that we can just "agree to disagree"? And why is it that anyone takes Clay at his word is accused of trying to squash public debate or "tell people what to post"?

If you find out the answers, let me know.

It's also ironic that I prefer rocking Clay. Like I said, I just hate people presenting speculation as fact. And besides, I'm so easy when it comes to Clay. I really don't care what he sings. I think he's doing what he wants to do, and that makes me happy.

I like rocking Clay. I like ballad Clay. I like Clay, period. So yeah, I'm easy.

Did you guys see this re: the format of the concert:

From CAP121 at CV:

Quote:

Also, I had e-mailed Gayle McMasters of the Houston Symphony asking in what capacity the symphony was going to have, were they going to be accompanists to Clay or was there a time when they would be on stage and he wouldn't. This is the response I got back:

Quote:

He will be singing with the orchestra during the entire concert

EEEEEEEEEEEE! Love it!

Hugs to the Pala ticket buyers today.

OK, now I've got to do more work again. *g*

I am sure I am the only one who didn't know this about Houston, but I saw this at CV:

I just spoke to Gayle McMaster at Jones Hall.....called to thank her for her wonderful attitude this morning...she was thrilled......I told her there were conflicting stories about pit or no pit and she said "I was told there would be no pit but let me put you on hold to get a blessing on that"....she came back a few minutes later and said "I can confirm, there will be no pit"............

Woo hoo!

I always wanted to be known as easy!!!!
And I always wanted to know Clay as hard. B)

So....my hubby's out with the boys again to a basketball game, so the girls and I are going to a little Indian restaurant for dinner later on. I'm so good at avoiding the whole cooking, Dora-Domestic scene. Although I did about six loads of laundry today in between :Tour4:

Interesting Clay mention from a guy who is commenting on the Grease competition:

Grease - The Trades

The opening number, “We Go Together,” features past contestants on this last night of “Grease: You’re The One That I Want.” All four finalists are impressive, and its admirable how all the previously eliminated Greasabees are getting into it. A bit of a flashback to fill space at the beginning, then David comments that he thinks that it is “Tom Cruise versus Ben Stiller.” That’s an odd comparison. I am thinking it is more like Clay Aiken versus a short Travolta personalitywise.

I am always happy to see Clay's name mentioned casually, without explanation of who he is - and a look through the other articles for Clay shows a lot of casual mentions.