#11 I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks *g*

Ansamcw

Next thread title poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• A big MWAH! and muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Clay is Clay. His instrument is undefinable
    • Indeed they are, my child. Clown feet." (Make me laugh, clown.'
    • *moan* *whimper* *thud*
    • An Evening With His Royal Highness of Fantasy Fodder. Coming to a venue near you soon.
    • Refresh, read, click the next tab; Refresh, read, click the next tab; lather, rinse, repeat. Insert random EEE's. Yeap, it's cellcert time again!
    • Aw, that man can blog me any ole time!
    • He's a unique treasure, no doubt. A pain in the ass sometimes, I'm sure. A blessing, plain and simple and one hawt man
    • Yes, I live under a rock....with Clay Aiken.

OK, I did a search, didn't see this, but I'd have to go back 14 freaking pages just for 3 days to know for sure....so I'm bringing it over anyways, and if it's already here, oh well. :P

http://www.livedaily.com/news/12311.html

Clay Aiken supports 'A Thousand Different Ways'

June 19, 2007 06:06 PM

By Kym Kilgore

A few more cities have been added to Clay Aiken's summer tour, which will take the pop star and a full symphony orchestra to US cities from coast to coast through August.

The outing is set to launch with a bang July 4 in Frisco, TX, and cities added to the fold since last check include Newark, NJ; Knoxville, TN; and Fort Myers, FL. Confirmed dates are listed below.

The summer jaunt will finally give Aiken a chance to fully support his third studio album, "A Thousand Different Ways," which snagged the No. 2 spot on The Billboard 200 when it was released in September. The singer found himself in a somewhat awkward position when the record hit shelves, being that he'd already lined up holiday shows for the remainder of 2006, limiting his ability to promote the new set.

"A Thousand Different Ways" comprises 10 cover versions of love songs spanning the last three decades, plus four new tunes. Renditions of Harry Nilsson's "Without You," Elton John's "Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word" and new single "A Thousand Days" are streaming at Aiken's MySpace page.

The set follows the Aiken's multi-platinum 2003 debut, "Measure of a Man," and 2004's platinum-selling "Merry Christmas with Love."

Aiken, who was the second-season runner-up on FOX-TV's "American Idol," has used his music career to further his humanitarian efforts. The former teacher created the Bubel/Aiken Foundation to promote and fund education and recreational programs for children with special needs, and he acts as a goodwill ambassador for UNICEF.

The performer also added "best-selling author" to his list of titles when he released his autobiography, "Learning to Sing: Hearing the Music in Your Life," in 2004.

Looking ahead, Aiken has been tapped as the exclusive musical guest for the "Capitol One Holiday Celebration on Ice," which will be taped Nov. 6 in Las Vegas and aired on NBC-TV Christmas Day.

I saw it being discussed over on OFC and I guess I mustn't have read it through the first time myself, because it does come across as maybe being pulled from a press release....except we haven't seen an official press release for the new tour yet, right?

ETA: It just seems as though this article, which is pretty great, I think, has been pretty much ignored and passed over....whereas you'd think it'd be celebrated!

Edited by luckiest1

Luckiest1, yea, that piece is all over the boards but I love it.. Like Lots!

The spin on his "non promotion" ability at the drop of ATDW is awesome. G-dubya could use that person!!

;)

I have a small favor to ask, seeing as I had a diagnostic test today that required fasting yesterday and drinking a liquid - can we not use the word stool? maybe armless chair?

"Sex on an armless chair" hmmmmmmm

Hows about "orgasm on an ottoman"?

Could work

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

((((play))))

I think a lot of this information was taken from an announcement of the tour that was written up in an online newspaper a couple months ago. People commented on it then I believe..It was celebrated then and of course the re was the "that's not an official press release" sand most of the talk then went to lack of promotion of ATDW so the celebration was short lived.I remember loving the spin on the tour and the person seemed to really like Clay because he really went out his way to write a good article on the tour. .

yep..from Clay news on FCA - the original article is from March

Ah, right, good catch couchie. I remember that one. I guess they just wanted to update the tour itinerary. Good promo, though!

ETA: From the CB via Notacanuck at the CH:

Clay will be at the Kirby in Wilkes-Barre -Tues Dec 4th :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep, we got the official word directly from the venue.

He's coming!!!

No word on ticket sales yet though....

Edited by luckiest1

My favorite concert memories, in no particular order except how they jumped into my head.....

Philly IT - My first time ever seeing him live and I ended up with last minute first row seats, on the Kyrie entrance side. He sat right in front of me when he sat on the stage before he jumped up on it. What a way to start my Clay experience! It was also the last time I was in the front row and I'll probably never see the front row again.

2004_0302Image0033.jpg

Wilkes-Barre IT - The stuff of legends. It was truly an amazing, amazing night. We've all seen the clack, but to be there was amazing. There was something different in the air from the moment you entered the arena. And to be part of the choir of voices that spontaneously started to sing to him, to see him just stop to listen to us, to see him choke up, reach out to put his hand on Quiana's leg as if to steady himself, to see his beautiful lips quiver, to see Quiana and Angela wipe tears away... It was something so special and while many have tried, it can never be duplicated. And imagine how it felt to have him write about it in LTS!

San Jose IT - Hmmm. Looks like all my IT experiences were amazing. It was a spur of the moment decision to go that started as a joke. After WB, my friend and I wanted to go to another concert so badly but he was moving west. For fun we just started at random to look for decent, reasonably priced broker seats. We found some to San Jose, but I was sure the airfare would be outrageous. I looked and what did I find but a cheap airfare. Next thing I knew we were scheduled to go to San Jose for 24-hour to see Clay sing for an hour. It was the first of many crazy things I have done for our boyfriend!

San Jose was amazing on so many levels. It was the first time I met muski in person after having talked with her so many times on our first board and via PMs. I unexpectedly had amazing seats - right at the end of the catwalk. AND I got the most amazing and long eyef*ck ever! During ISY he seemed to lock eyes with me for the longest time. I swear it was if I was nailed to the floor. I could feel it right down to my toes! The irony was, I had brought my camera but had forgotten to charge the batteries. If I hadn't I would have had amazing pictures, but never would have experienced that eyef*ck!

NAT Muskifest - I loved this concert! I know many have complained about this venue but I loved it. Not great seats but they have great jumbotrons (ok, so they are more like huge sheets, but they are BIG!) and it was a beautiful night and the place was packed as far as the eye could see. He was so on that night. And it was also a great weekend because when I loved my old board we managed to get about 20 people from far and wide to come up for the concert. We had a great party the night before at someone's house and muski pulled off a fabulous surprise appearance and there was much drinking and singing and I have the video to prove it! A good time was had by all.

NAT NC 3-fer - What a weekend, including two concerts in one day! What fun and how hot did he look! And he was so frisky in Charlotte and he looked so beautiful and he was so on in Raleigh and he looked so beautiful. One of those special Clay fan memories to be sure.

2004_0818Image0025.jpg

JBT - Toms' River - This was my first time at the first concert of a tour. Everything was going wrong, including they changed the start time and we didn't find out about it until we got there. Then there was a mad dash to try and get there before it started. We heard the crowd roar and the music start and we weren't quite there yet. We missed his entrance! I was so pissed at him because they told us it was Clay who decided at the last minute to change the time. We found our seats (which were excellent thanks to a friend) and I was so mad I didn't notice THE PANTS. I did notice the hair and hated it that short! But then all of a sudden he jumped on the piano and thrust his hips and all was right with the world! And how exciting was it to be at the world premiere of two new songs - BFM and JY? There is nothing like being at the first concert of a tour, unless its being at the last concert of a tour....

JBT - AC 9/1/05 - Oh what a night!!! Actually, I could easily include both nights in AC in this because those two concerts were the two most fun concerts ever!!! He was so on. He was so funny ("Run to Jesus!"), everyone on stage and off were having the best time! I could go on and on about these two concerts. I was so lucky to have been there!

2005_0901jbt-bos-ac0020.jpg

2005_0901jbt-bos-ac0069.jpg

2005_0901jbt-bos-ac0071.jpg

2005_0901jbt-bos-ac0073.jpg

2005_0901jbt-bos-ac0074.jpg

2005_0901jbt-bos-ac0075.jpg

2005_0901jbt-bos-ac0085.jpg

2005_0901jbt-bos-ac0103.jpg

(All pictures by me - I just never tag my pictures. Besides, you can tell because some are a little blurry!)

I don't usually bring this up, because I hold it as my own personal and wonderful treasure, but my favorite Clay Concert Memory is this one:

32188344-M.jpg

Awww artquest that was pretty special...

since I have only been to one concert...Toronto JBT...I have a very short list. But two wonderful things happened on this show...

Clay passed in front of me...just an arms length away on his way to get Jaymes to dance on stage with him... when we saw our seats, my concert friend who bought the ticket was very upset because we were at the very last seats of the last row of the front section. I didn;t really mind cos its the best seat I ever had for any concert. Then when Clay was looking for person to dance for the 70's he first went to the center...and we thought that was that. Then he said...he is looking for somebody else. We knew that Jaymes was behind us...and was praying he would pass by us...and sure enough he did. We were so excited...He looked so gorgeous and I had ot keep telling myself...don't grab him, don't grab him...

Clay sang TRD for the first time...We heard that there was a rumor that he was goign to sing a new song so we were pretty psyched about that. When he started singing...I was just sitting forward and just focusing on him and the song...and it was such a great song!!! I loved it and by the end of the song I was cheering and screaming so loud I couldn't believe. I will never forget that.

Clay sang TRD for the first time...We heard that there was a rumor that he was goign to sing a new song so we were pretty psyched about that. When he started singing...I was just sitting forward and just focusing on him and the song...and it was such a great song!!! I loved it and by the end of the song I was cheering and screaming so loud I couldn't believe. I will never forget that.

Oh, ansa, you reminded me of one of my most surreal concert experiences ever. It just happened to be BEFORE the concert, though...also Toronto JBT. When we parked the car we could see across the bit of water behind the Molson Amphitheatre to where Clay was being interviewed for Canadian TV. We stopped and watched for a few minutes and then headed onto the grounds (Ontario Place, I think?) and to the big preparty. To get to the restaurant we had to pass down a hill along a path that ran along one side of the amphitheatre. SO here we are just moseying along, chattering away when from out of the sky comes this voice....well....THAT voice! I remember stopping in my tracks, we all did, to listen. Is that Clay? What's he singing? Had never heard that song before and it took a few seconds for it to register that really was Clay and a new song we'd never heard. He must have finished his interview and went to sound check. It was the most amazing thing to hear his voice like that...concentrating to decide if it really was him.....coming from somewhere...beautiful, crystal clear on a gorgeous sunny afternoon. Sometimes, the most unexpected things are the best.

Oh, ansa, you reminded me of one of my most surreal concert experiences ever. It just happened to be BEFORE the concert, though...also Toronto JBT. When we parked the car we could see across the bit of water behind the Molson Amphitheatre to where Clay was being interviewed for Canadian TV. We stopped and watched for a few minutes and then headed onto the grounds (Ontario Place, I think?) and to the big preparty. To get to the restaurant we had to pass down a hill along a path that ran along one side of the amphitheatre. SO here we are just moseying along, chattering away when from out of the sky comes this voice....well....THAT voice! I remember stopping in my tracks, we all did, to listen. Is that Clay? What's he singing? Had never heard that song before and it took a few seconds for it to register that really was Clay and a new song we'd never heard. He must have finished his interview and went to sound check. It was the most amazing thing to hear his voice like that...concentrating to decide if it really was him.....coming from somewhere...beautiful, crystal clear on a gorgeous sunny afternoon. Sometimes, the most unexpected things are the best.

OMG what a wonderful experience...you have the privilege of hearing TRD first...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

and boy do I remember that hill and that path...I guess we ended up walking around ontario place looking for a place to party after and that hill gave me some trouble...hee

One of my fave concert experiences was my last minute decision to fly to So. Cal. for the Anaheim IT...Totally twisted my arm and even though I didn't have a ticket, I decided to go anyway. So I called Ticketbastard and on the afternoon of the concert got a front row seat!

Couldn't believe it. So I hopped on the plane and woo-hoo! Went with Totally's family, separated at the venue. Walked to the front row and began looking for my seat...kept walking in toward the center, started to realize that the numbering of the seats wasn't what I was expecting...and then...

then....

I was there. Front row. Beside the freakin' catwalk. Directly in front of the stage. Next to the freakin' catwalk.

My heart started doing flips and thumping so loud...I had to call my friend Pamela...so I went back out to the lobby area and called her and EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'd!

That was the night I got the biggest, fattest, juiciest, and juice-inducing eyefuck ever. He was sitting on the steps singing No More Sad Songs. My seat was right there. Directly in front of him. And during a musical interlude, he was looking out at the crowd and our eyes locked and he just stared. And I stared back. And he stared. And I stared. Neither one of us smiled. Just stared. Then he started singing again. And I melted forever.

It was also this night that I was next to the young girl he sang to during WYSYLM...he was sitting on the catwalk, holding her hand and singing to her....and I was so close...gah.

Edited by muskifest

Rainlover from CV put together a quick list of the Christmas concert dates we have so far:

11/26 Wichita, KS

11/28 South Bend, IN

11/30 Kalamazoo, MI

12/4 Wilkes-Barre, PA

12/7 Albany, NY

Hmmm, looks like there's room for a date or two in Ohio between Kalamazoo and Wilkes-Barre. Yeah, I know it's too soon to EEEEE! or anything, and yeah, it looks like the Christmas Tour might possibly be Midwest and East Coast centered yet again and a big chunk of the country might miss out, but still, eeeee!

Or maybe the tour could do a quick jaunt up to Canada for a day or so... [Waves to luckiest1 and Ansa]

ETA: Clay is also showing up on the website of the Minnesota Orchestra for December 19th and 20th.

It certainly looks like Clay will be doing the orchestra thang again for Christmas 2007. I suspect more dates will be showing up soon as season tickets for the 2007 - 2008 symphony season start going on sale. It will be cool to have the lead time this year.

Alrighty, then.

Just got the word from the water restoration guys that we need to get out of the house until Monday at least. They've got to identify the mold and then kill it...dry out the freakin' place, etc. Dog is okay IF we keep him only in the living room! Holyshit. I'm gonna call to see how much it costs to board him at the vet's.

Just made hotel reservations at a motel in our town. Two rooms---girls in their own room so Kenny and I at least can have some privacy.

Shit.

Good thing we have a party to go to tonight. Friend's daughter's graduation party. Lots of free booze.

Shit.

Softball tournament tomorrow...

Good grief.

Clay?!????!CLAY! I need you! Just a quickie, okay? Please? :scream:

Later, friends... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Love the concert stories!

I went to 12 concerts in 2004! And then have only been to 4 since then. :( 2 JBTs and 2 JNT 2005s, and I didn't get to go to any JNT2006s. So I'm really looking forward to seeing him again, although I did get to see him at the Kimmel mini-concert. I wish I remembered as many details of my concerts as so many of you do, but they have started to blend together for me.

I was also at the Toronto JBT! Had a good friend up there, who has since left the fandom (makes me so sad), but I flew up there to go with her. I had the BEST seats at that concert that I have EVER had. Smack dab in the center, second row of the regular seating - there was pit seating there, but I wouldn't have wanted to sit in the pit cause the stage was SO high. Being there for the premiere of Tears Run Dry was an amazing experience. I loved that song from the moment I heard it. I thought it would be a hit, and must admit that I was disappointed it didn't make it onto the album. Maybe he will record it someday, but in any case, we will always have heard him perform it.

I loved the IT concerts and the NAT concerts, but it's the Charlotte NAT that sticks out most in my mind. Muski and I didn't have great seats, but it didn't matter. We passed my binoculars back and forth and swooned at how absolutely f@cking gorgeous he was that night. GAWD, he was hot! And hot to trot too. I've never seen him so funny. We waited for hours out by the buses afterwards for very little, but he did walk by the fences and touch our fingers if I remember correctly.

My very first concert was in North Carolina - the IT near Greensboro, but I don't think it was Greensboro. I think it started with a W. Anyway. One of my now 21 year old twin daughters had been accepted into a college in Greensboro and had been offered a scholarship. It was early March and he wasn't getting to California until late March or early April. I suddenly decided that she just HAD to see this school (that I pretty much knew she probably wouldn't go to) and told my husband that I thought I needed to take her there (on the weekend that Clay was going to be nearby in concert). My husband laughed, said fine but not to EVEN pretend that my motivations were anything but what he knew they were. She didn't go to that college, but the concert was awesome!

Alrighty, then.

Just got the word from the water restoration guys that we need to get out of the house until Monday at least. They've got to identify the mold and then kill it...dry out the freakin' place, etc. Dog is okay IF we keep him only in the living room! Holyshit. I'm gonna call to see how much it costs to board him at the vet's.

Just made hotel reservations at a motel in our town. Two rooms---girls in their own room so Kenny and I at least can have some privacy.

Shit.

Good thing we have a party to go to tonight. Friend's daughter's graduation party. Lots of free booze.

Shit.

Softball tournament tomorrow...

Good grief.

Clay?!????!CLAY! I need you! Just a quickie, okay? Please? :scream:

Later, friends... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

The most important question is - Do they have free wireless internet in this motel? :)

Rainlover from CV put together a quick list of the Christmas concert dates we have so far:

11/26 Wichita, KS

11/28 South Bend, IN

11/30 Kalamazoo, MI

12/4 Wilkes-Barre, PA

12/7 Albany, NY

Hmmm, looks like there's room for a date or two in Ohio between Kalamazoo and Wilkes-Barre. Yeah, I know it's too soon to EEEEE! or anything, and yeah, it looks like the Christmas Tour might possibly be Midwest and East Coast centered yet again and a big chunk of the country might miss out, but still, eeeee!

Or maybe the tour could do a quick jaunt up to Canada for a day or so... [Waves to luckiest1 and Ansa]

ETA: Clay is also showing up on the website of the Minnesota Orchestra for December 19th and 20th.

It certainly looks like Clay will be doing the orchestra thang again for Christmas 2007. I suspect more dates will be showing up soon as season tickets for the 2007 - 2008 symphony season start going on sale. It will be cool to have the lead time this year.

How do people get this information? Are they just bugging every possible venue? We haven't even had the start of the summer tour yet!

And then they complain when the entire tour isn't announced at one time!

(Hmmmm. Wilkes-Barre. Only a little over a 2 hour drive. Could do it without missing any work if I'm working and don't mind not sleeping much....)

ETA: Two nights in Minnesota? Is there enough of a demand for him in Minnesota to justify two nights? I know he did three in NYC but that's a much bigger metropolitan area and was over a weekend. These are mid-week! This makes no sense to me.

Edited by Claygasm

I think this is a much more conventionally planned Christmas Tour than the tour last year, which seemed to have started as a fill-in for some dates LeeAnn Rimes had to cancel. Promotions and season ticket sales start in the summer for the Fall and Winter Symphony Concert series, and if Clay's on the schedule, it's only natural that the Clay Nation is going to start coming across the booked dates. I don't know if people are bugging venues, are excellent googlers, or just keeping in contact with local orchestras or whatnot. I'm on the mailing list for my city's symphony, and I get stuff fairly frequently before and during the season, and I'm sure other others do the same thing.

I've enjoyed reading all the stories from everyone's collective and must say I'm soooo happy for all of you and yet SO 9yr. old jealeous! I am hoping to "make a memory" this summer at my very first concert.

VIRGIN :Tour3:

I think this is a much more conventionally planned Christmas Tour than the tour last year, which seemed to have started as a fill-in for some dates LeeAnn Rimes had to cancel. Promotions and season ticket sales start in the summer for the Fall and Winter Symphony Concert series, and if Clay's on the schedule, it's only natural that the Clay Nation is going to start coming across the booked dates. I don't know if people are bugging venues, are excellent googlers, or just keeping in contact with local orchestras or whatnot. I'm on the mailing list for my city's symphony, and I get stuff fairly frequently before and during the season, and I'm sure other others do the same thing.

Considers signing up for the Philadelphia Orchestra's mailing list.....

Actually, one of my dreams is to see Clay sing with our amazing orchestra in the beautiful Kimmel Center (no, its named after Jimmy Kimmel!). I am hoping his appearance at the Mann may be a precursor to that as they are connected with the Kimmel Center somehow.

Eeeeeeee!! I just got an email from Cafe Press saying my t-shirt order had shipped! That was fast! Can't wait to see them!

How do people get this information? Are they just bugging every possible venue? We haven't even had the start of the summer tour yet!

And then they complain when the entire tour isn't announced at one time!

(Hmmmm. Wilkes-Barre. Only a little over a 2 hour drive. Could do it without missing any work if I'm working and don't mind not sleeping much....)

ETA: Two nights in Minnesota? Is there enough of a demand for him in Minnesota to justify two nights? I know he did three in NYC but that's a much bigger metropolitan area and was over a weekend. These are mid-week! This makes no sense to me.

I think some people just keep refreshing their local symphony web-site to see if maybe he's coming to their area...not that I would know anything about that or anything... :eusa_whistle:

As for two nights in Minnesota, (sounds like a good name for a fanfic doesn't it?) maybe because the travel up there is so tough in the winter it pays to stay longer...?

muskifest :o ...ack!!! nice to know thay can get rid of the gunk.

I LOVE all the best concert stories! Only a few more days till Clay makes us some new memories. :TourExcite:

I think some people just keep refreshing their local symphony web-site to see if maybe he's coming to their area...not that I would know anything about that or anything... :eusa_whistle:

Hee. Minneapolis gets two nights of Clay and we get A Kenny G. Christmas here locally. Doesn't seem quite fair, does it? :P

Heh, I'd take Detroit....anything between Kalamazoo and Toronto would be great! I wanna do a twofer!

My very first concert was in North Carolina - the IT near Greensboro, but I don't think it was Greensboro. I think it started with a W.

Hee, that was the Winston-Salem concert. I was there too! It was a great night.

I've enjoyed reading all the stories from everyone's collective and must say I'm soooo happy for all of you and yet SO 9yr. old jealeous! I am hoping to "make a memory" this summer at my very first concert.

Don't worry. You will. Every concert is special!

:Tour3: :DoClay: :TourExcite:

Yay the bubble mailers arrived today. My friend is coming over on Sunday to help me package up the pins so they'll go out early next week.

Went out drinking after work so am a bit tipsy...think I'll just go relax heee. Have a great night ya'll.

Or maybe the tour could do a quick jaunt up to Canada for a day or so... [Waves to luckiest1 and Ansa

*hums* If I was invisible....

Yay the bubble mailers arrived today. My friend is coming over on Sunday to help me package up the pins so they'll go out early next week.

Went out drinking after work so am a bit tipsy...think I'll just go relax heee. Have a great night ya'll.

Wheeee!! Wish I was close enough to help.

I'm just amazed at how many of you were at the Toronto JBT and I never knew. KarenEh, it sounds like you must have been sitting right behind me. I saw three JBT's and was lucky enough to get each of the three 'new' songs. Just You (takes a moment to mourn the much maligned JY) at Darien Lake, ATD at Clio, and the amazing debut of Tears Run Dry in Toronto. Honestly, the Aiken Fog gets me so badly, I am not left with many clear memories of the shows, only the wonderful feeling of them. For me the most amazing thing is that rush when he first appears ~ that 'he's really real' thing. And the weird part is, it happens every time. It's overwhelming. And awesome. I have memories that can make my heart beat faster, even if I can't quite 'see' them. ISY from the end of the catwalk in Detroit, BOTW in Darien Lake (never thought I'd get to hear that 'live', never mind 15 feet away from me). The first mic-drop ending of DSIAFCD in Williamsport. Walking out sans-jacket, in PANTS!! and stubble, again in Detroit, for JNT06.

I don't think though, that anything will ever equal the moment he rose up out of the stage at the Toronto AI2 tour. That was the moment I finally understood all the footage I'd ever seen of crying, screaming, swooning Elvis/Beatles/Sinatra fans. Until then, I just knew it had to be an act, put on for show. Boy, was I wrong.