#11 I love me some Clay Aiken! He (soft) rocks *g*

Ansamcw

Next thread title poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the next main thread title

• A big MWAH! and muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Clay is Clay. His instrument is undefinable
    • Indeed they are, my child. Clown feet." (Make me laugh, clown.'
    • *moan* *whimper* *thud*
    • An Evening With His Royal Highness of Fantasy Fodder. Coming to a venue near you soon.
    • Refresh, read, click the next tab; Refresh, read, click the next tab; lather, rinse, repeat. Insert random EEE's. Yeap, it's cellcert time again!
    • Aw, that man can blog me any ole time!
    • He's a unique treasure, no doubt. A pain in the ass sometimes, I'm sure. A blessing, plain and simple and one hawt man
    • Yes, I live under a rock....with Clay Aiken.

It's amazing how many are listing Toronto JBT amongst their favourite concert memories....just having him on Canadian soil was so special to me. Maybe one day it'll happen again.

I've been killing time watching back the final AC JBT, for a project I'm helping out on. He was so funny that night....all the pranks and still he manages to get the full show in. I can hardly believe that here we are, almost 2 years later, getting ready for another pop tour to start! 11 days and counting. Tour2.giftour.gif

Edited by luckiest1

It's amazing how many are listing Toronto JBT amongst their favourite concert memories....just having him on Canadian soil was so special to me. Maybe one day it'll happen again.

Toronto was the one and only show where I took pictures. I had been seated back a ways, (first row after the split) but at intermission a friend came back and pulled me up to second row where the seat next to her was empty. I figured if someone did show, I'd just move back to where I was...anyhow, someone else *coughYSRNcough* shoved a camera in my hand and said, 'Here, take pictures with this!', :cryingwlaughter: and I did.

They weren't the best...but they are mine...and I had the best time of my life. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Here are a few...

th_MyToronto.jpg th_MyToronto27jpg.jpg th_MyToronto25.jpg th_MyToronto5.jpg

Your photos are wonderful, laughn :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Hey, I just found something interesting. In 'My Controls' and 'Board Settings', you can choose Rich Text Editor, and if you do, you get a couple more buttons and spell checker! Kewl.

Testing testing testing....and it works! It prompted me to download ieSpell, which I did. Cool find, cindilu2.

laughn, thanks for the Toronto pictures. I didn't have the greatest seat (row O on the right side) but it was very cool that Clay came near to us to talk to Jaymes. We had my cousin with me (who is not really a fan but after that night really understood why we were so dedicated) and she was freaking out at how close he was!

we have spell checker? Seriously? LOL

OK I just tried it and I found if I right clicked I had an option to spell check... ..that's so funny. But is there a button on the board to click because I don't see it. heeee...spell check? Lord..Popsicle stand indeed.

wow, great photos Laughn.

ETA: where the hell did I get popsicle stand from...I think it's lemonade stand..heh..but I like popsicle stand so there. I need an emoticon for this LOL.

Okay, I posted too fast. I saw the spell checker and ass u me d it worked. HAHA! I downloaded the thingie it prompted but can't get it to work (too much effort, lolol). Sorry!

couchie, I've heard and used 'popsicle stand' many times. It's all good! :cryingwlaughter:

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Muski... just because

No, it really works for me. But I just right clicked and a spell check the field option came on which I clicked. Then when I type I get a little red underline under my words and if I right click on it options come up. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Maybe it's not part of the board but from another program?

What kind of popsicle are you?

post-3-1182607700_thumb.jpg

If you choose the 'Rich Text' option on board settings, it says it will work with IE, Mozilla and something else. I just haven't looked at it long enough yet to figure out how it works for me on IE. It does put one of those CheckmarkABC thingies on the toolbar though!

Man. I come back from a quick jaunt out of town, and y'all are the wordiest people!

I have scanned all the issues and I have to say...

Y'all all are right. You just need to accept y'all are sensible people and go on. No. No arguing. Just nod your head (yes, including you contrarians 'cause y'all are right too)

Favorite concert experience? Man, this whole thing has been such a frickin' BLAST...but y'all know I'm shallow right?

Grand Forks, ND - the first - first concert I went to. And he talked to me. And held my hand. 'Nuf said.

Houston AI tour - starting hanging with my Clay fan peeps!

Long Island Xmas 2006 - that was just so fricking impression. I will hold the memory of that close for a long, long time..

Atlantic City JBT - just kick ass!

muski you owe me a non invisible picture, and I am gasping in sympathetic horror at your water related plights. Tell your plumbing to behave.

If you choose the 'Rich Text' option on board settings, it says it will work with IE, Mozilla and something else. I just haven't looked at it long enough yet to figure out how it works for me on IE. It does put one of those CheckmarkABC thingies on the toolbar though!

hee its said IE6, Mozilla and Firefox...which I thought was the same thing. Anyway I have latest Mozilla and using vista ..don;t know if that is why the spell check seem to be part everything I type now.

Cindi...loved your post about how Clay's entrance just energize you. I have been a concert virgin for so long that when I go to Toronto I was nervous that I was building it all up in my mind and that I will be disappointed. But the same thing happened to me...when I heard the cheering and when he came out on top of the steps with the girls...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...it was just sooo exciting.

I am so excited for our concert virgins Treenuts and keepingfaith...you guys will have so much fun and I hope you get to share your experience with us.

Ok...catchin' up and then scrolled right by all the techie talk---I ain't a mod anyhoo...

The most important question is - Do they have free wireless internet in this motel?
Why, yes, Totally, it was the first question I asked when I called the motel. We're here...with two baskets of clean laundry and two bags of dirty (Kenny only had a chance to do two loads at the landromat yesterday..). I went "home" after work to change clothes for the party and man. What a sight.

After the party Alex and I went back home to walk Shadow and make sure he had lots of water and food, gave him a few treats and petted him for awhile and then...(sniff sob) left him alone in the living room wtih the door closed to the rest of the house. Broke our hearts.

Now I'm getting ready to leave our temp home here at the motel, get Alex from the other room (Kenny and the ace pitcher daughter are already gone.) , grab a latte from a nearby Starbucks and get ready for some softball. I'll check in later...

Hey! That Winston Salem concert was my first Clay concert, too! My buddy Pamela treated me to a fifth row (grindage side) seat next to her. And it was definitely a treat, lemme tell ya! :cryingwlaughter: And Totally and I waited and waited and waited by the fence for the man afterward...and he came. heh. My first touch of the Clay man...that is also the trip where I gave Jerome the SpongeBob Squarepants pillow with the signed black silk boxers on them and a letter to Clay tucked into the waistband. That was at the Krispy Kreme signing the next day or a couple of days later or something.

Wait. Am I getting my Winston Salem happenings mixed up? :scream:

Whatever. THe most important thing is :DoClay:

Gotta go! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I saw three JBT's and was lucky enough to get each of the three 'new' songs. Just You (takes a moment to mourn the much maligned JY)

Oooo! Another JY lover! I just knew there had to someone else out there!!!! I adored that song and mourn what a studio recording could have been like!

Ok what's this about much need spell-check and will it work on my Mac??

Its a GORGEOUS day here. I must get myself out and enjoy the weekend. And it occurred to me that there is only one more weekend after this between me and Clay!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

:Tour3:

{{{{muski}}}} What a mess! And {{{{Shadow}}}}!! Poor baby. Could any of your neighbors maybe come and take him for a walk or something? I sure do wish I wasn't 3000 miles away. I would take Shadow in a heartbeat!

Hope Carrie's team does great today!

WOW....My T-Shirt has been shipped already, too. That is a fast turn around.

My garage sale is being rained out. Crappity Crap Crap Crap. I get a rain check on my garage sale permit, but I don't want a rain check. I don't want to sit out in the garage and push this shi* again, next weekend. I wanted to get rid of it this weekend. Rant Rant Rant.................:onsoapbox: Well at least all the big ticket items sold, for the most part. I still have a brand new Bar sink still in the box never used for $10.00. Other than that I'm left with a bunch of $5.00 and under stuff. Books, movies, bedding, chairs, Christmas stuff, and some clothes. *sigh* I need some nourishment. Lunch is in order............

Edited by Clayzorback

Hey! That Winston Salem concert was my first Clay concert, too! My buddy Pamela treated me to a fifth row (grindage side) seat next to her. And it was definitely a treat, lemme tell ya! And Totally and I waited and waited and waited by the fence for the man afterward...and he came. heh. My first touch of the Clay man...that is also the trip where I gave Jerome the SpongeBob Squarepants pillow with the signed black silk boxers on them and a letter to Clay tucked into the waistband. That was at the Krispy Kreme signing the next day or a couple of days later or something.

Oh my memory is just getting worse and worse. It must be perimenopause! Muski, did we meet out there when I took Lara to see that school? I think we did! And Lara went back to the hotel while we waited at the buses! I think you might have gone to every single one of the IT and NAT concerts I did, lol! Lara moaned and groaned about going to that concert, but then pushed me out of the way when Clay started making his way down the aisle singing Kyrie! LOL! Kids.

Cindilu2 I had the exact same feeling at my one and only AI2 concert when Clay came up thru the floor in that jersey before singing Invisible. We were sitting in the Nosebleed section in Anaheim. It was the last concert, and my husband had bought tickets for all 6 of us plus my mother - thus the horrible seats. So I was looking thru my binoculars the whole time. I hadn't yet clued into the internet community. I was computer challenged. So I didn't have a clue what to expect....hadn't even heard Invisible yet! I thought the show was over when the lights went off, so when Clay came up thru the floor crouched down with a mike in his hands, I screamed too! And then when he started singing and tugging at his shirt, I thought I was Going. To. Die.

Was that the Clay I had seen and known on AI, tugging at his shirt all sexy like? Oh. Mah. Goodness.

I left there a very happy woman, and desperately wanting to see more. Even so, it took me until November to find the Clay websites.

Oh, and I love Just You too.

Edited by Totally

Ok, it's starting to hit me. I'm not going to a concert. That is totally, completely, absotively unacceptable.

Where's the schedule? Who's going where? How am I going to figure this out?

twister2.gif

:Tour4:

YSRN you better get yourself to one or two or three of the California shows. We'll fit you in.

Yes, I was going to say, come out to California. It's the easiest way to see a few concerts in a row and you've still got a few weeks to figure out the logistics.

Rainlover from CV put together a quick list of the Christmas concert dates we have so far:

Or maybe the tour could do a quick jaunt up to Canada for a day or so... [Waves to luckiest1 and Ansa

*hums* If I was invisible....

Whoops. Saw-ry...

I pushed a slinky down some stairs in your honour. (<= And check out that extra "u" I threw in there just for our resident Canadians.) :F_05BL17blowkiss:

slinky.gif

Uhm, mine say's "Cherry Popsicle"

That description is simply fiction as it applies to me. Not proud of it but no way can I identify with it either *need a small pile of bs or scratching head emote here*

I am so excited for our concert virgins Treenuts and keepingfaith...you guys will have so much fun and I hope you get to share your experience with us.

You know I will.....IF I survive that is! :Thud:

I'm looking forward to hopefully meeting some of you ladies(?) there. If anyone needs a ride from N Calif central valley, please let me know. I'll be heading down I-5 to the Greek the Friday morning before the show and returning the Monday following.

muski, I hope next week is mucho better for you! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Opps, almost forgot. I wasn't sure whether to post this on the "news" thread or here but I figured it would be most likely seen here. This is GREAT. Clay shot up from #21 to #10! :clap:

http://www.hitpredictor.com/mainac.artistchart.php

Edited by treenuts

Thanks. :F_05BL17blowkiss: Yeah, I have time. Phew. Also it's a weekend, which is good. Ok, panic attack over. I got all excited reading all your favorite concert posts...

Don't worry, I always do this. It's my version of "planning". :lol:

:DoClay:

The Greek on my birthday weekend sounds just about right!

Ok, my favorite experiences evah?

DC IT. Because it was totally unplanned. I was supposed to fly home the evening before, having already gone to Philly and NYC... at the very last second, I looked at my friend and said, "so... what if we found tickets to DC and they were good? How far is that from here?". Bwah. Changed my flight, got up early, got end-of-catwalk seats on Ticketmaster in the morning, drove like bats out of hell/caught the train and got to the venue just in time for the show to start. Best time ever.

JBT Toronto/NH - entire crazy trip. So much fun the five of us who drove to NH from Toronto (me, laughn, sylvie, kavanaugh, sunburstoflight) and julesrules, who we met up with there made our own entire message board just to recap our trip. Chicks In Slacks. We had been laughing at how many people want to "do" Clay and someone made a joke about what if we each had our own web sited dedicated to ourselves and people posted about how they wanted to "do" us...and it just went nuts from there...drooling over each others "assets" and such -- 15 hours is a long time to spend in a car, yo! Kav even wrote a little fanfic about me having lunch. :lol: We were totally amused and so caught up in how much fun we had, we just had to share. I still laugh out loud (heh) at that board.. Funnest road.trip ever. Glasses!Sneezing!Ass!Terri!MapleLeaf!Clay! was pretty cute too. Hee. Oh, and guess what? That trip was unplanned too. I smell a theme (or a personality disorder - heh!).

Jingle Ball - Tacoma - Front row center mosh pit. Clay singing right to ya. I can picture it like it was yesterday. Fun shit. Can't explain it. Know I don't need to.

Columbia, JNT - Intermission. :)

1054172334_quizorange.GIF

:lol: Concerts are important things, right? Hee.

ETA... I meant to say to artquest that your favorite concert moment rates right up there with alot of us, I think. Very, very sweet!

Edited by YSRN

Hmmmmm....

Holiday:

Clay Aiken Christmas

with the Minnesota Orchestra

December 19 , 20

WED DEC 19, 2007 7:30PM Orchestra Hall $35-$59; $77 VIP

THU DEC 20, 2007 7:30PM Orchestra Hall $35-$59; $77 VIP

A 2 nighter at the same venue? I haven't seen him do this before.

But I do remember him saying in an interview ("Soundcheck" maybe? not sure)

that his favorite city was St. Paul? or St Paul/Minneapolis?

Just curious - I wonder " Who" lives there :whistling-1: